fifa12_logo.png

So, with E3 2011 underway and EA's conference yesterday, unveiling FIFA 12, I figured, as well as suggested by others, that it's time to start-up the FIFA 12 thread.

Beneath I've posted an overlay of what to expect from FIFA 12, as well as the E3 FIFA 12 conference, and an interview, done today with David Rutter, who further explains the newly added features, the importance of the Player Impact Engine, also, slightly in the background you can vaguely see some of the gameplay.

EA - FIFA 12 Conference @ E3

Mpx18urJbjs

FIFA 12 - E3 interview with David Rutter

Kt-H4epOhC4

New gameplay features:

"Starting with gameplay the new incarnation will have 8 new features in place; Tactical Defending, Precision Dribbling, the Player Impact Engine, Pro Player Intelligence, Realistic Injuries, Presentation, Navigation and Authenticity.

Tactical Defending: Requires the player to put more effort into completing a successful and stylish tackle with timing and aiming being both key to success. Fundamentally changes the approach to defending by placing equal importance on positioning, intercepting passes and tackling at the right moment. Tactics and timing are crucial.

Precision Dribbling: Enjoy new ways to take on opponents, more time on the ball to make decisions, and complete control of the pace of the game. Utilize close dribble touches in tight spaces, on the wings, and even while fending off an opponent.

Player Impact Engine: Two years in development, the new physics engine is built to deliver real-world physicality in every interaction on the pitch. Experience an infinite variety of natural and believable outcomes in every contact. Players feel more resilient on the ball, push and pull during the fight for possession, and recover from light challenges more easily, preserving their natural momentum.

1m49Kc2pp_Q

Pro Player Intelligence: CPU players have been infused with self-awareness and aptitude, enabling them to make decisions based on their own skills as well as the strengths and attributes of their teammates.Players who possess exceptional vision, for example, will see opportunities for through balls that other players won’t. Real Madrid’s Kaká will be more likely—and quicker—to pick out a run from a teammate farther away than a player with poorer vision. Additionally, teams will vary their attack based on the strengths of their players on the pitch, and the weaknesses of opposing players, creating a more authentic experience and greater variety of matches.

Realistic Injuries: The Player Impact Engine monitors contact between players in real-time, analyzing the force of the collision and impact on the body to detect real injuries, creating a deeper more challenging Career Mode. Manage new types of injuries and the risk of sending a player onto the pitch who isn’t fully healed.

Presentation: Matches now have a real-world broadcast look and feel. Dramatically improved lighting, more authentic crowds, and a new default camera make every game feel special.

Navigation: Redesigned menu system for fast and easy navigation, featuring customizable Main Menu based on arena player, Virtual Pro and favorite club.

Authenticity: Over 500 officially licensed clubs and more than 15,000 players.

EA Football Club:

An online service which is cross-platform and adds a completely new social and competitive dimension to FIFA online. By choosing a team, you can then watch your team progress through challenges and against your friends online, while showing you stats of how well you're doing.

wZhZeO8T9Tg

Additional Info:

For the first time in the series, a special ultimate edition of the game will be released through Game and Gamestation stores. The ultimate edition includes monthly Ultimate Team gold packs, each containing 12 items, including players, contracts, stadiums, managers, staff, fitness, healing, balls, kits and badges. Each pack contains one rare item, such as enhanced player attributes, longer contracts and the most coveted players."

Expected Release Date: Sept 30, 2011

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: FIFA 12 Official Thread ttupGR1RhKM Seriously, this guy is too funny. Worth a watch. Hilarious, especially in the manner he just slags Andy Gray, over-enunciates, really goes to town on the

Re: FIFA 12 Official Thread

Re: FIFA 12 Official Thread Just though I should let you know about a player who's value will likely rocket. Raffael Cretaro R.o.I Airtricity League Sligo Rovers KSI posted about him on

Pro Player Intelligence: CPU players have been infused with self-awareness and aptitude, enabling them to make decisions based on their own skills as well as the strengths and attributes of their teammates.Players who possess exceptional vision, for example, will see opportunities for through balls that other players won’t. Real Madrid’s Kaká will be more likely—and quicker—to pick out a run from a teammate farther away than a player with poorer vision. Additionally, teams will vary their attack based on the strengths of their players on the pitch, and the weaknesses of opposing players, creating a more authentic experience and greater variety of matches.

Does this mean the AI on Clubs actually become better than pub-league standard with some form of basic intelligence, and Be a Pro becomes playable again?

No mention of addressing the messed up rating system in Manager Mode though. I don't think they care about Single Player anymore.

Does sound good, and I would get it, but MW2 and ACR both have priority for me, possibly even Gears 3 as well.

Does this mean the AI on Clubs actually become better than pub-league standard with some form of basic intelligence' date=' and Be a Pro becomes playable again?[/b']

No mention of addressing the messed up rating system in Manager Mode though. I don't think they care about Single Player anymore.

Does sound good, and I would get it, but MW2 and ACR both have priority for me, possibly even Gears 3 as well.

Tell me about it, my pro club team always seem to have tiny defenders with no passing accuracy while the other team have 6 foot 7 beasts who can easily knock down one of our strikers the same height and somehow manage to out pace our 5 foot odd players :rolleyes:

Tell me about it' date=' my pro club team always seem to have tiny defenders with no passing accuracy while the other team have 6 foot 7 beasts who can easily knock down one of our strikers the same height and somehow manage to out pace our 5 foot odd players :rolleyes:[/quote']

We just have 'keepers with no positional sense and really slow reactions; massive defenders who take three touches to control the ball, then slowly turn around, allowing the opposition to nab the ball of their toes; midfielders who can't pass and like to lob the ball to you when you're 5'6" and right next to them.

The defenders annoy me the most - they are so prone to dallying on the ball, they fail at tackling and marking is non-existent. Any cross into the box will usually meet its man - I've never yet seen a defender head the ball away from a cross. Normally three defenders surround the striker, but none mark him, and none attack the ball.

The amount of times I've seen the opposition just run right past about 3 AI players - no skill, no skilled dribbling, just sprint straight ahead - is ridiculous.

I've also noticed how the massive defenders like to hold on to your shirt, and thus negate the fact that you have 90 Pace as they just tag along behind you, whilst another defender sprints across and nabs the ball away. I'm yet to grasp how to just muscle them off - I've seen the opposition with 5'2" midgets outmuscle our massive defenders so many times - or rather slightly lean into them and the defender just gives up and runs away.

Would love to know who the commentators are going to be :D

I think I can help you out there Jack' date=' although It'll still leave your question open-ended, leaving all of us continually guessing. David Rutter was asked that, in the [i']Q & A[/i] today, which he replied - 'We're not confirming the commentators in the game yet, once EA has news, they will then announce it'. Triffic. :rolleyes:

Below I've posted the Q & A sessions from today, from fellow FIFA players, and potential customers, asking questions about the EA Servers (something which alot of us, including me have been peeved off with), further questions about the gameplay, and the new 'EA Football Club' feature, what sets FIFA 12 apart from 11, along with numerous other miscellaneous things.

aFWlFFZAKx0

mGtXWF60fLM

O751zJubCx4

K-yRGCY5FmY

I haven't watched the videos but did anyone ask:-

- Why is FIFA 11 so much worse than FIFA 10.

- Why have you only focused on FUT leaving Clubs and more so Single Player completely awful.

- Why are referees completely inept.

- Why are shoulder-barges illegal.

- Why do players not rate up at all until they're in their late 20's when they suddenly rate up 3-4 ratings a year.

- Why are the AI so inept.

- Why are you ruining what was a brilliant football simulator by changing elements of the game that were already fine.

I haven't watched the videos but did anyone ask:-

- Why is FIFA 11 so much worse than FIFA 10.

- Why have you only focused on FUT leaving Clubs and more so Single Player completely awful.

- Why are referees completely inept.

- Why are shoulder-barges illegal.

- Why do players not rate up at all until they're in their late 20's when they suddenly rate up 3-4 ratings a year.

- Why are the AI so inept.

- Why are you ruining what was a brilliant football simulator by changing elements of the game that were already fine.

LOL. See you're always keeping it G' date=' Sefton.

I think we both know EA will always try to further themselves from such questions. I was actually surprised that Rutter decided to field a question on the EA servers, in which he basically stepped around it, by saying along the lines of - 'it's not us, it's you'.

Take a look at the EA forums too, the Devs/Community Managers or whatever poncy status they wish to give themselves, have blatantly ignored such fielded questions by hundreds of people. Basically leaving us to think many of the glitches are un-fixable. With that in mind, all one can do is 'hope', yeah I know, not necessarily re-assuring is it, but 'hope' they've fixed these errors which really took away from the game, in it's successor.

I've said now, more than ever I'd be willing to switch over to PES, but being realistic, I still don't think PES can match FIFA, in licensing, commentary, graphics, and in it's gameplay, although the [i']Master League[/i] totally undermines FIFA's Manager Mode, squashes it to bits. I've also seen the PES12 trailer, have to say that I'm not impressed, but I'll reserve judgment on both, till the demos come out. Lets not also forget, this Player Impact Engine, EA are implementing in FIFA, is "supposed" to make the AI on par, so perhaps our days of relying on that one - "Big Black Centre Back", are over? I hope so.

Liking the injury thing.

Hated the fact you would tackle someone, they would roll around on the floor until the ball went out of play, and then looked fit as a fiddle about 3 minutes game time had gone by.

Think I'll give FIFA 12 a miss, unless I can pick it up for £20 like I did for FIFA 11 within two weeks of it's release.

LOL. See you're always keeping it G' date=' Sefton.

I think we both know EA will always try to further themselves from such questions. I was actually surprised that Rutter decided to field a question on the EA servers, in which he basically stepped around it, by saying along the lines of - 'it's not us, it's you'.

Take a look at the EA forums too, the Devs/Community Managers or whatever poncy status they wish to give themselves, have blatantly ignored such fielded questions by hundreds of people. Basically leaving us to think many of the glitches are un-fixable. With that in mind, all one can do is 'hope', yeah I know, not necessarily re-assuring is it, but 'hope' they've fixed these errors which really took away from the game, in it's successor.

I've said now, more than ever I'd be willing to switch over to PES, but being realistic, I still don't think PES can match FIFA, in licensing, commentary, graphics, and in it's gameplay, although the [i']Master League[/i] totally undermines FIFA's Manager Mode, squashes it to bits. I've also seen the PES12 trailer, have to say that I'm not impressed, but I'll reserve judgment on both, till the demos come out. Lets not also forget, this Player Impact Engine, EA are implementing in FIFA, is "supposed" to make the AI on par, so perhaps our days of relying on that one - "Big Black Centre Back", are over? I hope so.

Aye. I emailed them myself about the most baffling things (particularly the rating system) and received the standard reply which basically completely ignored the question. Ridiculous consumer service. The general gameplay of FIFA walks all over PES, and that is obviously the main thing, it's just everything around that - the AI, the manager mode, online play, etc. Manager Mode on Fifa 09 was brilliant, very enjoyable. Be a Pro was very playable. In the last two versions they've tweaked both things, removed certain features and all in all made it pretty poor, with no reasoning behind it.

All information about FIFA 12 does sound very exciting tbh, but of the problems (for me) that made this game so frustrating, only the AI has been mentioned, and that sounds like it's referring to when playing against them. There's no specific of the AI on Be a Pro / Clubs, although I hope they have also worked on that. No mentions of fixes for the broken refereeing, the rating system, etc. Which suggests they think there's nothing wrong with them. Which, if true, is a large worry. They seem to be trying to improve things that weren't noticeably broken - or else unnoticeable relative to the more frustrating problems.

I think I'll give it a miss - mostly because of all the competition (I hate how every single company release their games in November for the christmas windfall), but also to let you guys play it first and see what has improved, and if the underlying problems in FIFA11 remain. If it's mostly been fixed/improved I'll probably try and get it for christmas.

As you say, we can only hope the developers have worked on the problems from '11. It's just a little disappointing that they've not even mentioned them whatsoever. Are they too proud to admit they messed it up? Or just too inept to realise it's a joke? I'm not sure which is worse. Hopefully they have worked on it but have chosen not to mention because again, maybe too proud, or maybe they feel the other additions are more likely to gain interest.

When is this set for release? First week in october im guessing.
Expected Release Date: Sept 30' date=' 2011[/color'][/i]

As of right now there is no concrete release date, only a suggested "expected release date". It will definitely be in the fall though, so we should get the release date closer to that time I would imagine.

As of right now there is no concrete release date' date=' only a suggested "expected release date". It will definitely be in the fall though, so we should get the release date closer to that time I would imagine.[/quote']

It is out 30 of September

Some shop put up a poster for it with 30th of September on top

I'll try find the pic now

Will anyone be buying the utlimate version of the game?

I defo will be as it's a fiver extra and you get 18 or possible even 24 gold packs over a six month period :)

Also loving the club idea think it will add something extra to the game me and a few mates will be picking a lower league team and earning xp for them seeing if we make make a difference :P

Guest <klhepworth.

I defo will be as it's a fiver extra and you get 18 or possible even 24 gold packs over a six month period :)

Also loving the club idea think it will add something extra to the game me and a few mates will be picking a lower league team and earning xp for them seeing if we make make a difference :P

Ultimate version looks good to be fair:)

If its only a fiver difference I think I might go for the Ultimate version.

Looking forward to it and I hope they have improved offsides

I hope UT is free again! And I hope we get more chance of getting someone decent in packs instead of the rubbish we normally get! :o

From what i've heard it will be a buy from the shops extra like COD maps , i'm not sure on that mind.

Personally don't know if i'm going to splash the cash like last year or try and build it up myself. If i make a lot of money from working in the summer i'm purchasing another Xbox and another tv for my room so i dont have to share with my brother and having my own copy of the game! That way i can build the team i want not keep changing it around.

Also as Aaron said a minute ago a few of us might choose a lower league team to have as our club for the xp thing , although if i get a second xbox it will be Southampton and Aaron can have Leeds on his :P most certaintly giving the manager mode a whirl as soon as i get unlike what i usually do and go straight online. Afc Wimbledon to the prem me thinks :P

I hope UT is free again! And I hope we get more chance of getting someone decent in packs instead of the rubbish we normally get! :o

I am possitive they'd make more money by having it for free, people get hooked and end up spending a fair bit on it anyway.

Looking forward to it, but i really hope there is more of a punishment for quitters as 9 times out of 10 people quit out of games.

I'm liking this Team Club idea, more of a reward for going Swansea online and i might actually beable to play lower league clubs and not just Barca, Man. United or Real Madrid online :rolleyes:

From what i've heard it will be a buy from the shops extra like COD maps ' date=' i'm not sure on that mind.

Personally don't know if i'm going to splash the cash like last year or try and build it up myself. If i make a lot of money from working in the summer i'm purchasing another Xbox and another tv for my room so i dont have to share with my brother and having my own copy of the game! That way i can build the team i want not keep changing it around.

Also as Aaron said a minute ago a few of us might choose a lower league team to have as our club for the xp thing , although if i get a second xbox it will be Southampton and Aaron can have Leeds on his :P most certaintly giving the manager mode a whirl as soon as i get unlike what i usually do and go straight online. Afc Wimbledon to the prem me thinks :P[/quote']

Oh right, thanks for the information, I loved UT on fifa 10 but fifa 11's version just bored me a bit and its only now I'm properly getting into it. Probably because I had Rooney and Aguero/Tevez up front on 10' though :P

Myself with career mode, I'll do a Preston one first but will also test out Swansea, QPR, Norwich, Wimbledon and Santos (A lot of clubs) through my time on fifa 12 haha. Not quite got the full picture on this online clubs thing but I'll get used to it, sounds pretty exciting. UTW! :D Also, does anyone think there should be somehow an online career mode a bit like SM? I would love the idea of forumers on either ps3 or xbox joining a career mode together on there own consoles respectively.

P.S. Thanks for not ignoring anything I comment with Ashh, after what happened. Always been a good guy to talk to in the past :)