FIFA 12 Official Thread

Re: FIFA 12 Official Thread

Decided to start a Sheffield Utd career, as they're fairly local and it should be a challenge to get them to the Prem.

Difficulty is on World Class, board on Pro.

In pre-season I simmed the first match, then lost 4-0 to Napoli (Although it was quite close, they only had like 5 shots and I was not getting demolished) then simmed the third.

Going to play my first match now, and this is the team I've built:

Simonsen (67)

Kim Kwang Suk (63) Wynne (66) Morgan (68) Lowton (63)

Montgomery (66) McDonald (65)

Manu (67) Quinn (67) Lafuente (67)

Then my VP (74)

The players in bold are the ones I've bought, and they're all amazingly quick, Wynne has acceleration at 97 and sprint speed at 95!

I'm going to buy a new LB and add a new CM in, I have bought a couple of subs that are also rapid though :)

Into October in my 3rd season with Swansea.

Finished 3rd in 2nd season with a cup double after beating Man City 3-1 in the final of the FA Cup.

Also won 7-1 against City at the Etihad Stadium.

3rd season got of to a shocking start losing my first 2 games as well as the community shield. Won the next two, then lost 4-0 to Liverpool.

Won the last two against Norwich and Leicester 2-1 and 5-1 respectively. Currently 7th with 12 points but I do have a game in hand.

In the Champions Cup/League(whatever you want to call it). Got drawn with Barcelona, Man Utd and AC Milan:eek:Simmed the Utd game and won 2-1:)And then beat Barca 2-1 after being 1-0 down and also saving a Messi penalty. And with a spot of man marking...marked Messi, Villa and Pedro out the game. Should of really been more but settle with 6 points out of 6.

Also beat Bristol City in the League Cup

Does anyone know what formations would go dark green at ST in a 4411?
4-4-2 I would imagine.

Possibly also a 4-2-3-1

FIFA 12's dark green formation for players seems to work differently to FIFA 11.

In FIFA 12 if a striker is in a 4-4-2, he will have a dark green chemistry for any formation with 2 strikers (5-3-2, 4-3-1-2, 5-2-1-2).

So in this case 4-3-2-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1.

EDIT: That's what i think it's like now anyway.

The one thing i've never understood with this game... if within the box all players take some sort of drug to make them jelly legged whilst trying to tackle meaning even if you don't attempt to tackle fouls are still made just conceded three penatlys in the last game two of them where for my player not moving when his forward was running through ... at least it was against a friend if that was online i would of been annoyed.

FIFA 12's dark green formation for players seems to work differently to FIFA 11.

In FIFA 12 if a striker is in a 4-4-2' date=' he will have a dark green chemistry for any formation with 2 strikers (5-3-2, 4-3-1-2, 5-2-1-2).

So in this case 4-3-2-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1.

EDIT: That's what i think it's like now anyway.[/quote']

4-5-1 didn't work unfortunately, just splashed out for the 4-4-1-1s.

Kang Soo Il is insane. 4* skills, and I scored 11 with him in 4 games earlier. The CMs have some awesome long shots on them too!

Had the most annoying penalty given against me last bight , player was running into the box so i get beside him and slide him and win the ball (good 2/3 yards out side the block) his player keeps running a trips on my players head only slightly without loosing balance and is awarded a penalty. He then went on to beat me 3-2.

^ that and when the player can easy take the quick throwing but instead look at the ball like its some curious object are my only two annoyances with the game

Had the most annoying penalty given against me last bight ' date=' player was running into the box so i get beside him and slide him and win the ball (good 2/3 yards out side the block) his player keeps running a trips on my players head only slightly without loosing balance and is awarded a penalty. He then went on to beat me 3-2.

^ that and when the player can easy take the quick throwing but instead look at the ball like its some curious object are my only two annoyances with the game[/quote']

On quick throw-ins, it shouldn't be the case that if you take a standard throw in the clock stops but if you take a quick throw the clock keeps running. The animation lasts for a long time as well and somebody could waste a ridicolous amount of time taking throws.

My Ligue 1/French squad - http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#jfyzGlgMbbZKl

Got promoted to Div 1 in H2H seasons earlier. Was struggling in the first few games in Div 2 (i was 2-0-3)' date=' but I picked Milan in the last 5 games and managed to win 4 of the 5, Pato being my saviour as Ibra missed chance after chance :o[/quote']

I'm still in div 2 after three attempts at promotion. My last try was unbelievable. I had 2 games remaining and I had to win both to get up. I was LA Galaxy in my first game and won it with a 90th minute goal from Keane to win 2-1. I couldn't believe it as it was a very even game with little chances. Then I picked Celtic and I went 1-0 up in the 38th minute and throughout the first and second halves I had chance after chance after chance and could not get the second goal. So, predictably, he equalised with a header from a corner in stoppage time and dispite having two more corners after that in stoppage time aswell after producing great saves out of the keeper, I remain in div 2. I ended up having 18 shots on target to his total of 2. :(

I'm still in div 2 after three attempts at promotion. My last try was unbelievable. I had 2 games remaining and I had to win both to get up. I was LA Galaxy in my first game and won it with a 90th minute goal from Keane to win 2-1. I couldn't believe it as it was a very even game with little chances. Then I picked Celtic and I went 1-0 up in the 38th minute and throughout the first and second halves I had chance after chance after chance and could not get the second goal. So' date=' predictably, he equalised with a header from a corner in stoppage time and dispite having two more corners after that in stoppage time aswell after producing great saves out of the keeper, I remain in div 2. I ended up having 18 shots on target to his total of 2. :([/quote']

Unlucky. I needed 3 points from my last two games and in the penultimate game conceded some of the dodgiest goals I've ever seen while Ibra missed from everywhere! So in the last game I swapped Ibra and Pato's positions, and Pato had all the chances and scored 3!

I got promoted 9 successive times as well :D

On a amazing run of form recently in my MM as Swansea.

Recent results...

Swansea City 2 - 1 Barcelona

Chelsea 1 - 4 Swansea City

Swansea City 2 - 1 Manchester United

Arsenal 0 - 4 Swansea City

Absolutely dominated the Barcelona game (as I have said) and the Chelsea game. Can't remember who scored in the Chelsea game but I was 4-0 up but as usual I couldn't keep a clean sheet. The United game was closer and Vorm kept me in it with some fine saves. And I came back from 1-0 down. Absolutely thrashed Arsenal in the second half after a 0-0 first half. Shane Long opened and finished the scoring, with Ashley Williams and Ismael Aissati with the second and third goals respectively.

Got AC Milan in Europe next at the San Siro so my first away European game will be a difficult one (well they'll all be difficult with a group of Barca, Man Utd and Milan:eek:)

Granted' date=' I've only played a few games, but I SUCK at this game! How on earth do you defend? Answers on a postcard please. I've conceded nine goals in my opening three league games with Man City in career mode, after signing Lahm, Pique and Ramos to bolster the backline... :/[/quote']

Best way for me on Career Mode is to simply not press at all and sit back and pick it off in the right moment,have to say I find defending against the CPU much harder than online tbh.

Granted' date=' I've only played a few games, but I SUCK at this game! How on earth do you defend? Answers on a postcard please. I've conceded nine goals in my opening three league games with Man City in career mode, after signing Lahm, Pique and Ramos to bolster the backline... :/[/quote']

Practice, practice, practice. I've not really played online and would imagine it's harder than online, as the opposition will be less predictable. People tend to do the same things online, e.g. trying to run round you with a fast player and the wing and cutting inside when in the box to allow them to curl it into the corner. But like I said, the more you practice then the better you'll get and the easier it will become.

I actually tend to find holding RT and A helps when using tactical defending, as thats the default defending used online. I always used to run around and try to get the ball by running into the opposition but that just caused more problems and usually led to a goal against me.

However since using the new method I'm now only conceding 1/2 goals online. Maybe 3 at max depending on the opposition. I hardly ever keep a clean sheet as the oppositon always have some sort of skill move that tricks me :P I'd give it a try though as it helps your development of defending online and against the computer :)

Just been doing head to head seasons.

Just about to start my 8th season and I remain in Division 5.

Not been relegated yet' date=' and have done 5 promotions. Form ain't brilliant. 32-9-20.

Gonna try and get to Div 1 by Crimbo.[/quote']

Sorry for double post haha.

Since this post, I have played two matches both in Division 5 leaving me 8 games to get 10 points. My first game was with RSC Anderlecht (me) vs Vasco De Gama and I had a penalty 90th minute which I missed when the scoreline was 2-2 but after the guy cleared it out I counter attacked it when Jovanovic scored and he was the guy who missed the penalty aswell. 3-2 :)

Second game Bologna (me) vs Genk and what a team Bologna are! They are so good. Di Vaio and Diamanti up front are so good. We won 4-2 with Diamanti scoring a hat-trick and Di Vaio getting one. They remind me alot of Norwich, Di Vaio is alot like Steve Morrison both are there finishing stats are brilliant.

I'm going to be Genk next cause I like the look of De Bruyne and Vossen :)

I face ... Monchengladbach (they're a good team to be on Fifa)

:D 4-2 to Genk. Fairly easy match for a Div 5 match De Bruyne was just amazing on the wing scoring twice along with Vossen and Ogunjimi both scoring once.

3 and a half star teams are really fun to play with. I like Genk, La Galaxy, Celtic, Bologna, Norwich, RSC Anderlecht, Leicester and Freiburg.

Still many more I need to play with.

Started a Chelsea save mainly because of the fowards :P. Our first game was against Hannover 96 which we disposed of winning 4-0 with a Drogba Brace' date=' Torres and Malouda goal only down point was Torres got injured until the 17 September. We then travelled to Germany to face Hertha Berlin we won 2-1 Kalou and Drogba with the goals. In our last Friendly we beat Hoffenhaim 5-0 with another Drogba brace and Lampard, Terry and Anelka scored one. Then the Premier league started we played Stoke and we were 2-0 up at half time with Drogba and Lampard scoring but in the second half Guiteerz made it 2-1 and then Ashley Cole gets injured until Febuary luckily we have Luiz to fill in. In our next game we lost 2-0 to West Brom Odmwinge and Long scoring for them. After that we played Norwich and drew 2-2 Drogba and Maicon.

Transfers In:

Thiago Silva CB 87 27 Million From AC Milan

Maicon RB 85 17 Million From Inter Milan

Dossena LM 77 5.5 Million From Napoli

Revillere RB 81 6.6 Million From Lyon

Transfers Out:

Bertrand LB 69 To Southampton Loan

Mitrovic FW 64 To Hibernain Loan

Taylor GK 60 To Hibernain Loan

Paulo Ferreira RB 74 To Villareal Loan

Mellis CAM 61 To De Graffschao Loan

Clifford RB 59 To St Mirrem Loan

Seville CDM 42 (:D) To Maccesfield Loan

Lukaku FW 78 To Wolfsburg Loan

McEarchen CM 71 To Sevilla Loan

Clifford CM 55 To Bradford City Loan

Ince CB 53 To Wimbledon Loan

Romeu 64 To Celta Vigo Loan

Boswinga 80 To Norwich 4.5 Million

First team:

[center']Cech 85

Maicon 85 Thiago Silva 87 Terry 86 Cole 85 (Luiz filling in while he's injured)

Mata 84 Essien 84 Malouda 84

Lampard 87

Torres 86 (Anelka filling while his injured) Drogba 86[/center]

Second team:

Hilario 74

Revellire 81 Ivanoic 83 Alex 83 Luiz 82

Kalou 81 Meirleas 82 Dossena 77

Mikel 81

Anelka 83 Sturrdige 80

League Table

7th. Stoke City +2 4

8th. Manchester United +2 4

9th. Chelsea -1 4

10th. Tottenham -1 4

11th. West Brom -1 4

12th. Bolton -2 4

Upcoming Games:

4th of September Manchester United Away

10th of September Sunderland Away

International Break

21th of September Crystal Palace Home (League Cup)

24th of September Swansea City Home

Update :D

Finished 5th last season and I got into the FA Cup Semi-Final Vs West Ham simmed it and lost 1-0. Then they went on to beat Manchester City in the final :eek:.

Transfers In:

Hummels - 27 Million

Farfan - 40 Million

Oxlade Chamberlain - 5 Million

Llorente - Unknown

Transfers Out:

Raul - 4.3 Million Bayer Leverkusen

Boswinga - 6.5 Million Benfica

Courtois - Wigan LOAN

Lukaku - Newcastle LOAN

Sturrdige - Bayern Munich LOAN

Kakuta - Birmigham LOAN

Van Aanholt - Lille Loan

Romeu - Leeds Loan

Mcearchen - West Brom LOAN

Ramires - West Brom LOAN

Clifford - ? LOAN

My First Team Now

Cech 85

Maicon 85 Hummels 87 Terry 86 Cole 85

Farfan 86 Lampard 87 Cambaisso 85 Mata 85

Torres 87 Drogba 85

Second Team

Cesar 84

Ivanoic 83 Samuel 85 Alex 83 Luiz 84

Kalou 81 Essien 84 Aimar 82 Meirleas 82

Llorente 83 Anelka 83

Reserves

Daniel Sturridge 82

Yossi Benyaoun 81

Romelu Lukaku 79

Santos Ramires 79

Gael Kakuta 76

Thiburt Courtois 75

Jeffery Bruma 73

Jason Mcearchen 72

Patrick Van Aanholt 72

Alex Oxlade Chamberlain 70

Oriol Romeu 69

Catrino 63 - GK Former youth team player

Llyod 63 - RB Former youth team player

Vets 62 - RB Former Youth Team Player

Clifford 60 - RB

Clifford 57 - CM

Peneira 52 - LW Former youth team player

O'Hara 41 - CM Former Youth Team Player

(Stats for Chelsea in Premier League)

Top Goal scorers

1. Llorente 6

2. Drogba 5

3. Lampard 2

4. Cambaisso 2

5. Essien 2

6. Farfan 2

7. Meirleas 1

Assists

1. Cambaisso 3

2. Cole 2

3. Kalou 2

4. Drogba 2

5. Llorente 2

6. Lampard 1

7. Essien 1

8. Maicon 1

9. Anelka 1

In third place currently :)

Europa League stats

Top Scorers

1. Drogba 5

2. Llorente 4

3. Anelka 1

4. Cambaisso 1

5. Essien 1

Assists

1. Aimar 2

2. Cambaisso 2

3. Anelka 1

4. Meirleas 1

5. Hummels 1

6. Kalou 1

7. Mata 1

8. Drogba 1

Group Table

1. Chelsea +5 6

2. Athletic Bilbao +1 4

3. Zulte-Wargeam -1 1

4. RB Salzburg -5 0

Results

Friendlys

H Vs Hertea Berlin 4-1

A Vs VFB Stuttgart 2-0

H Vs Borussia Dortmund 3-1

League

H Vs West Brom 5-2

A Vs Wolves 2-1

H Vs Birmigham 5-4

A Vs Tottenham 3-1

H Vs Nottingham Forest 2-0

A Vs Sunderland 3-2

H Vs Bolton 3-0

Carling Cup

Round 1: Bye

Round 2: A Vs Bolton 5-0

FA Cup

Europa League

Quailfing Round Leg 1: H Vs Austra Wien 3-0

Quailfing Round Leg 2: A Vs Austria Wien 1-0

Groupstage 1: H Vs RB Salzburg 6-2

Groupstage 2: A Vs Zulta-Wargeam 3-2 (Very tough game)

As you can see im really bored :P