FIFA 12 Official Thread

Re: FIFA 12 Official Thread

So currently in December with my Swansea MM.

After thrashing Wigan 7-0 after being 5-0 up in 26 mins, I went on to beat Barcelona (again:D) 3-2 at the Camp Nou thanks to a peach of a curler from Aissati. So have Atletico Madrid in the last 16 after topping my group with 13 points:)

Out of the Carling Cup at the hands of Man Utd, but kind of glad as it was meaning I was playing basically 3 games every week which was fine, but I lacked depth in some areas when injuries struck.

Currently in 2nd, 3 points behind Chelsea so I'm hoping to leapfrog them as I have the massively superior goal difference.

Looked at my overall career and I saw that I had scored about 260 goals, but conceded about 175 goals after 110 games. Obviously I'm going for the you can score 5 goals but we'll score 6 approach (unwillingly I have to admit).

Can anyone give me any tips to Fifa Ultimate team just started and im new to it all.

Pick a formation and only buy players In that formation , correct positions are pretty essential so if your playing with center mids buy center mids in the correct formation not CAMs in the wrong formation etc.

Also its best to pick a league or nation and build your team from that examples would be Premier league or English team etc.

Them two things together will easily give you 100 chemistry (easier to play with play better with other players etc higher the chem)

Also don't just buy the first player you see in your formation and position you need , search the player you want in the formation and position and go for the cheapest one available. Althpugh for example id pay 13000 for Malouda with 80 contracts than a Malouda in the same formation and position with 2 contracts for 12500 , as contract cards cost to put on players so its weighing up saving with number of contracts.

Can anyone give me any tips to Fifa Ultimate team just started and im new to it all.

Don't buy packs, save up for the players you want. The amount of people I know who blow their coins on packs for nothing in return is unreal, yes there is a chance of an in-form Messi but it is highly unlikely and if you ever did get an in-form you have probably spent more coins on packs than the card is worth in the first place. This is probably the most important tip I could give anyone, good luck.

End of season 2 now.

After narrowly missing out on the title last season with Fulham I got an offer from Newcastle and their Arab owners to manage an up an coming side. Challenge accepted.

World Class difficulty and Legendary Chairman Difficulty.

Won the Fa Cup and League cup and FINALLY the PL :). Was very close came down to last 3 games against Man City, Man Utd and finally Tottenham. But Eden Hazard and Mario Gotze (signing of the season for me) dominated the last 3 games and basically won the title for me.

1st Team at end of season 2 (goals scored in PL)

Krul 81

Walker 82 (6goals) Sahko 84 (2goals) Cahill 85 (3 goals) Santon 81(3 goals)

Cabaye 83 (6 goals) Tiote 84 (7goals) Gotze 90 (16 goals)

Hazard 88 (17 goals) Ba 83 (23 goals top scorer) Munian 82 (15 goals)

Waiting till tomorrow to see what teams I get offered may stay with Newcastle though :)

Don't buy packs' date=' save up for the players you want. The amount of people I know who blow their coins on packs for nothing in return is unreal, yes there is a chance of an in-form Messi but it is highly unlikely and if you ever did get an in-form you have probably spent more coins on packs than the card is worth in the first place. This is probably the most important tip I could give anyone, good luck.[/quote']

But...It's fun :(

In Season 2, of my Career Mode with Stoke. World Class

Season 1: 6th

At the moment this season I have done awful. After 10 games I'm 10th with just 12 points.

Premier League:

[H] - Wigan - 0-0 (D)

[A] - Newcastle - 3-3 (D)

[H] - Blackburn - 3-1 (W)

[A] - Liverpool - 2-0 (L)

[H] - Man City - 1-1 (D)

[H] - Leicester - 1-0 (W)

[A] - Aston Villa - 3-1 (L)

[H] - Tottenham - 0-2 (L)

[A] - Birmingham - 3-1 (L)

[H] - Everton - 4-2 (W)

Europa League:

[A] - Odense - 2-1 (W)

[H] - Lech Poznan - 3-2 (W)

[A] - PSV - 5-2 (L)

The PSV loss was when I lost around 3 games in a row against Aston Villa, Tottenham and Birmingham but the Everton win was very convincing before and they have Hernandez as they become rich so maybe this could be the start of something new. We have Arsenal and Chelsea next. Would like a win.

First Team:

Zieler (80)

Jorgensen (79) - Shawcross (80) - Badstuber (78)

Beckham (78) - Palacios (79)

Etherington (80) ----------------- Jeffren (77)

Donovan (80)

Jerome (77) - Agbonlahor (78)

Second Team:

Cunha (regen) (53)

Heleno (77) - Upson (75) - Evans (75)

Whelan (75) - Stepanenko (59) (regen)

Weiss (77) ------------------ Pennant (77)

Nolan (77)

Park Chu Young (77) - Martins (78)

In January to make it more exciting for me I'm going to sell most of my players and finish off the 2nd half of the season hopefully with a new look squad. It will be hard but it will be fun. I'm off tomorrow for strikes so it should be good.

So currently in December with my Swansea MM.

After thrashing Wigan 7-0 after being 5-0 up in 26 mins' date=' I went on to beat Barcelona (again:D) 3-2 at the Camp Nou thanks to a peach of a curler from Aissati. So have Atletico Madrid in the last 16 after topping my group with 13 points:)

Out of the Carling Cup at the hands of Man Utd, but kind of glad as it was meaning I was playing basically 3 games every week which was fine, but I lacked depth in some areas when injuries struck.

Currently in 2nd, 3 points behind Chelsea so I'm hoping to leapfrog them as I have the massively superior goal difference.

Looked at my overall career and I saw that I had scored about 260 goals, but conceded about 175 goals after 110 games. Obviously I'm going for the you can score 5 goals but we'll score 6 approach (unwillingly I have to admit).[/quote']

So now into mid January and I top the table by 6 points and a far superior goal difference.

Last few results...

Tottenham Hotspur 0 - 3 Swansea City

Swansea City 8 - 4 Chelsea

Leicester City 3 - 6 Swansea City

Aston Villa 1 - 3 Swansea City

So I'm definately not struugling for goals (75 goals in 22 games I think)

Top goal scorers:

Graham - 17 goals

Sinclair - 14 goals

Jarvis - 10 goals

Long - 8 goals

Naismith - 6 goals

So 16 games to go and 6 points in front so hopefully should keep it up and win the league and maybe the treble with Champions Cup/League and FA Cup to play for.

So now into mid January and I top the table by 6 points and a far superior goal difference.

Last few results...

Tottenham Hotspur 0 - 3 Swansea City

Swansea City 8 - 4 Chelsea

Leicester City 3 - 6 Swansea City

Aston Villa 1 - 3 Swansea City

So I'm definately not struugling for goals (75 goals in 22 games I think)

Top goal scorers:

Graham - 17 goals

Sinclair - 14 goals

Jarvis - 10 goals

Long - 8 goals

Naismith - 6 goals

So 16 games to go and 6 points in front so hopefully should keep it up and win the league and maybe the treble with Champions Cup/League and FA Cup to play for.

what difficulty are you playing on?

With Southampton :rolleyes:

Birmingham [3-2]

Notts F [1-0]

Leicester [2-2]

Millwall [1-1]

Ipswich [3-0]

Barnsley [3-1]

Leeds [1-1]

First Team

---------------- Davies -----------------

Kelly ----------- Hoovield ----------- Alba

----------- Cork ----- Schneiderlin -----------

Oxlade (Loan) -- Lallana -- Miyaichi (Loan)

---------- Lambert -- Heskey ------------