FIFA 12 Official Thread

Re: FIFA 12 Official Thread

Agreed.

I have issues with slide tackles though. I think you need more freedom when it comes to cropping someone. You need to be able to take someone down if you need to' date=' even if it's deemed unsporting. As long as it results in a red when it should then it doesn't bother me.

Does anyone know if, when the GK comes rushing out, the attacker knocks the ball past him and the [b']GK brings him down and stops the attacker scoring, does the GK get sent off? He didn't on Fifa 11 and it really annoyed me as the GK didn't get punished,[/b] especially when it's outside the area. It should automatically go to the tactics page so the guy can sub another GK in. Dunno what would happen if there's not a GK on the bench though.

I'd prefer it that way anyway.

Wont be able to tell on the demo jon boy, as keepers do get sent off in offline games. They dont online.

Guest Scout Maker

Anyone know how to get pressure from Fifa 11 or something similar on this? I really can't get the hand of the defending on this I must have let in what 20 goals in 5 games and I still haven't scored yet on Legendary. :o:mad:

Anyone know how to get pressure from Fifa 11 or something similar on this? I really can't get the hand of the defending on this I must have let in what 20 goals in 5 games and I still haven't scored yet on Legendary. :o:mad:

Can't remember what you hold it with but.. hold RB with either X or A (Xbox) and another player will help you out.

Yeh I think its RB but it isnt exactly like FIFA 11 pressure, its a bit toned down.

Guest Scout Maker

Can't remember what you hold it with but.. hold RB with either X or A (Xbox) and another player will help you out.
Yeh I think its RB but it isnt exactly like FIFA 11 pressure' date=' its a bit toned down.[/quote']

You used to be able to hold down circle and the player who have selected would run to the opposition player and put pressure on him. Now when you do it your player just tries a standing tackle. :rolleyes:

I can see the change in graphics, the quick throw in is a decent feature, impact engine will be good after some improvements, the tactical defending as of yet is a disappointment, but I'm sure once people get used to it, it won't be so much of a problem, still would prefer the old style of defending though. Once the proper game is out people will just spam the tricks buttons and it will be so hard to defend against that. Free kicks, penalties, yellow and red cards flying around everywhere. :(

Am i the only one who prefers the new defending? if you play online this is one of the best improvements to happen to the game IMO , people now won't be able to lock on like a homing missile and tackle you near enough every-time. This style of defending rewards those who put the time into learn and improve at it and perfect there timing of tackling and when to use the jockey or contain , slide or stand tackles. Oh and by the way i'm probably 10x worse than most of you so it's not because i'm good with the new defending system.

Am i the only one who prefers the new defending? if you play online this is one of the best improvements to happen to the game IMO ' date=' people now won't be able to lock on like a homing missile and tackle you near enough every-time. This style of defending rewards those who put the time into learn and improve at it and perfect there timing of tackling and when to use the jockey or contain , slide or stand tackles. Oh and by the way i'm probably 10x worse than most of you so it's not because i'm good with the new defending system.[/quote']

I love it! Good dribblers are actually going to be useful on this game now, as opposed to anyone with decent pace and loads of strength! :D

Guys, if you want to make it a lot easier for yourselves, press the select button (don't know the XBOX equivelent sorry) to switch to GK during the game.

If you have experience at GK from last year it will pretty much guarentee you a clean sheet which is half the battle. Not sure whether this will be a good idea if this is the case for online games etc... it would be a better alternative to just standing in net all game in specific be a pro GK games, but it would make scoring so difficult in normal games.

The likelihood is that this wont work online though.

It's true. It has already been confirmed on Romily Broad's twitter that we will be restricted to tactical defending online. I dont know if we will be able to switch between the two in clubs but for h2h ranked' date=' tactical defending will be mandatory.

Here are a couple of posts from Broad's twitter.

"To answer a few Qs: Legacy defending will be in the final game, yeah. Not usable online though."
"The *only* option will be to play opponents online with Tactical Defending."