Re: FIFA 12 Official Thread

Hope people from EA/EA Sports are watching the Fulham - City match. Notice in the snow there is no radioactive liquid pi$s on the pitch' date=' not overly bright, how the ball is actually visible?[/quote']

EA obviously don't watch football; they gave Carragher an upgrade despite him sitting on the bench for the last couple of months...:D

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: FIFA 12 Official Thread ttupGR1RhKM Seriously, this guy is too funny. Worth a watch. Hilarious, especially in the manner he just slags Andy Gray, over-enunciates, really goes to town on the

Re: FIFA 12 Official Thread Just though I should let you know about a player who's value will likely rocket. Raffael Cretaro R.o.I Airtricity League Sligo Rovers KSI posted about him on

Over the past few days I decided to resell my BBVA side and to purchase a new Serie A squad here's what it's looking like at the moment;

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#hJDJJKesbcLOd

Currently have 90k odd in the bank and I'm undecided what to do with it, my options are:

A- Splash out on Ibra

B- Splash out on Thiago Silva

C- Buy 3 better players for around 30k each- IF Nagamoto, Maicon and another?

D- Buy for a completely new team?

Any opinions are much appreciated.

Over the past few days I decided to resell my BBVA side and to purchase a new Serie A squad here's what it's looking like at the moment;

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#hJDJJKesbcLOd

Currently have 90k odd in the bank and I'm undecided what to do with it' date=' my options are:

A- Splash out on Ibra

B- Splash out on Thiago Silva

C- Buy 3 better players for around 30k each- IF Nagamoto, Maicon and another?

D- Buy for a completely new team?

Any opinions are much appreciated.[/quote']

I would go for option C, but only if the 3 player make a significant difference to the quality of the team. If not then just go for Ibra.

I would go for option C' date=' but only if the 3 player make a significant difference to the quality of the team. If not then just go for Ibra.[/quote']

I was leaning towards that option mate, I was speaking to Rob on the box last night and he reckons it's not worth going for the big two as prices are sure to drop within the next month, although I'd quite like playing Pato off Ibra. Mhmm it's questionable whether they would or not mate, I really like having Taiwo and Abate, really good when dealing with quick opposition. Going to go on the box in a bit, and weigh out what benefits me most. :P

I was leaning towards that option mate' date=' I was speaking to Rob on the box last night and he reckons it's not worth going for the big two as prices are sure to drop within the next month, although I'd quite like playing Pato off Ibra. Mhmm it's questionable whether they would or not mate, I really like having Taiwo and Abate, really good when dealing with quick opposition. Going to go on the box in a bit, and weigh out what benefits me most. :P[/quote']

Then keep Taiwo and Abate, you need the quickest full-backs possible if you want to counter pacy wingers ;) Think I might switch to a Serie A team myself, the players are far less overpriced than EPL players.

Then keep Taiwo and Abate' date=' you need the quickest full-backs possible if you want to counter pacy wingers ;) Think I might switch to a Serie A team myself, the players are far less overpriced than EPL players.[/quote']

Good league. Managed to get Chiellini, Cavani and 'Binho for 16k yesterday to complete my Serie 'A' side.

Prices on UT are definitely going to drop. With all the upgrades, the market, in general will dip, and the PL will get a bigger focus. Ibra's already dropped from 110k a week ago, to 80k now. Give him another month and he'll be 60k. He'll drop down as far as 30k or something like that, but tha won't be until the summer. Same goes for Trigger Silva.

Harris is a tidy player Elton, but you know me, counter, counter, counter, ;)

Guest <klhepworth.

Anyone know when the transfers will be updated for career mode?

I fancy starting a Southampton manager mode :P

Last year it was Februaury 23ish I think, I'd assume the updates released on UT will be the same in game, I want to do Newcastle with an 84-rated Ba and Cisse too:D

Good league. Managed to get Chiellini' date=' Cavani and 'Binho for 16k yesterday to complete my Serie 'A' side.

Prices on UT are definitely going to drop. With all the upgrades, the market, in general will dip, and the PL will get a bigger focus. Ibra's already dropped from 110k a week ago, to 80k now. Give him another month and he'll be 60k. He'll drop down as far as 30k or something like that, but tha won't be until the summer. Same goes for Trigger Silva.

Harris is a tidy player Elton, but you know me, counter, counter, counter[/font'], ;)

16k :eek: That can barely get a decent player in the EPL market, might definitely sell my EPL team now but doubt I'll get much with Suarez, Mata etc. getting rating increases. Or I might go for a Brazilian team, those are always fun to play with.

Although last time I had a Brazilian team and played against you, it was like a team of Usain Bolt's vs a team of Mertesacker's ;)

Last year it was Februaury 23ish I think' date=' I'd assume the updates released on UT will be the same in game, I want to do Newcastle with an 84-rated Ba and Cisse too:D[/quote']

I did the transfers just on my own the other day, luckily their weren't that many transfers to do so I got them done in like half an hour.

Played a couple of unranked online matches with QPR and Cisse and Zamora is a lethal strike force especially with Taarabt in attacking mid.

Started a career mode with Bolton. It's a good challenge, done the transfers so Cahill is out and Miyaichi and Ream are in, I have 10m and made a new look team which I'll post later. :)

Anyone know when the transfers will be updated for career mode?

I fancy starting a Southampton manager mode :P

Im been Considering who to do a Career mode with now.

Recently had Tottenham and Won the League on the last day of the Season, Going into season 2 got a straight job offer from Manchester United the team who finished behind me on GD :D

Going into the Second season decided wanted a change so quit...

Went for start one with Southampton infact the other day, decided quit it as I seem to get bored in the Champ and below..

Thinking who to start one with, I might go for one with Swansea later, Or I may have a crack at updating the transfers and pick a team regarding whos gone where.

16k :eek: That can barely get a decent player in the EPL market' date=' might definitely sell my EPL team now but doubt I'll get much with Suarez, Mata etc. getting rating increases. Or I might go for a Brazilian team, those are always fun to play with.[/quote']

Exactly. Serie 'A' is a class league. You could easily get a 5* side for less than 25k, which is the beauty of it.

Although last time I had a Brazilian team and played against you' date=' it was like a team of Usain Bolt's vs a team of Mertesacker's ;)[/quote']

Still managed to beat you though, Arturo Vidal screamer. ;)

Guest <klhepworth.

Anyone else hoping for a In form Oxlade Chamberlain maybe Silver 69>74?

Think he needs that kinda boost in the next updates.

Who do you think will be rising and dropping in the feb update to ratings and squads?

There probably will be!

Have a look at the link/quote I posted and it's got a lot of the updates. Also' date=' Check the Ultimate Team pages on Facebook and Twitter as they keep posting the newer updates, and Groully on Twitter always has the news. The updated players released on UT are probably the ones released in game later on.

I did the transfers just on my own the other day, luckily their weren't that many transfers to do so I got them done in like half an hour.

Played a couple of unranked online matches with QPR and Cisse and Zamora is a lethal strike force especially with Taarabt in attacking mid.

Started a career mode with Bolton. It's a good challenge, done the transfers so Cahill is out and Miyaichi and Ream are in, I have 10m and made a new look team which I'll post later. :)

I did that last year too but the updated ratings are also quite important for me too, whilst loans and stuff are more accurate. I know I could do it all myself, which I did last year, but it felt like a waste of time after the update;)

Exactly. Serie 'A' is a class league. You could easily get a 5* side for less than 25k' date=' which is the beauty of it.[/font']

True that, and it goes to show how messed up the FUT market is.

Still managed to beat you though' date=' Arturo Vidal screamer. ;)[/font']

It was OK, seen better :P

Yep' date=' you were right Rob, some of the players in Serie A are insanely cheap. This is the team I have strung together so far.

Great league to buy. I did have an almost exact side to that, but I downgraded. Some of them just couldn't click.

I've got a cheaper overall team, with lower rated players, but they suit my style a lot better.

While we're talking Serie A sides' date=' here's one that I made today.

Got 35k aside to buy IF Nocerino once I see what EA do in terms of upgrades (as Nocerino would be a prime candidate I'd think).

Nice squad, a good example of how good Serie A is for making strong teams on the cheap. I only discovered Ogbonna the other day when playing Rob, very good player but still prefer my Lucio. :)

Nice squad' date=' a good example of how good Serie A is for making strong teams on the cheap. I only discovered Ogbonna the other day when playing Rob, very good player but still prefer my Lucio. :)[/quote']

Not a fan of Lucio personally. Don't like him wandering up the field due to his high/high work-rates. B)

I'm about to go and use IF Jovetic for the first time. I'm expecting him to be amazing considering the NIF is pretty nifty himself! :D

Not a fan of Lucio personally. Don't like him wandering up the field due to his high/high work-rates. B)

I'm about to go and use IF Jovetic for the first time. I'm expecting him to be amazing considering the NIF is pretty nifty himself! :D

Each to their own i guess mate!, I have seen him pop up just outside the edge of the box on a few occasions haha.

Let us know how it goes, expect him to be pretty handy!