Sign in to follow this  
Kylan N17

FIFA 12 Official Thread

Re: FIFA 12 Official Thread

I've been opening them too' date=' but I discard the noob cards. ;)[/quote']

I would've, but I would've only got like 900 coins which is not worth the fun I'll have with boosted players in online tournaments :P. When I finally have a working PS3 that is......:o (oh and after I do my dissertation, presentation and other essay :()

I would've' date=' but I would've only got like 900 coins which is not worth the fun I'll have with boosted players in online tournaments :P. When I finally have a working PS3 that is......:o (oh and after I do my dissertation, presentation and other essay :()[/quote']

I'm sure you will receive some hate messages from your opponents in the process!

I can empathise - I just finished my prelims last week - but now it's mid-term and i have Wed-Sun off this coming week so I'll have plenty of time to play FIFA (and use the BBVA silver team that I'm making). :D

Sold my Serie A team' date=' they might have been cheap to get together and have some quality players but never really enjoyed playing with them that much. Gave away half my coins so that my mate could finish his Bundesliga team and going to spend the rest on getting a EPL team together again once I made a bid more from trading.[/quote']

Did exactly this yesterday, here's the squad I managed to put together.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#dxcBYo5ubcQ4i

IF Koscielny is very good, thought I'd made a mistake by signing him ahead of Ferdinand and Terry but he's quicker and very good defensively. Played four games with them last night lost the first 1-0, but Im going to use the excuse that I was getting use to the players, then I won the other three quite easily.

is it just me, or is it easier to win in UT then in career mode ?

i won games on world class on a regular basis in UT with a side rated 81 but now i struggle in career mode on professional level being only 9th in the league and having trouble finding decent spells of wins.

note that im in Ligue 1 with Lyon, which is one of the best clubs in france

Did exactly this yesterday' date=' here's the squad I managed to put together.

[url']http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#dxcBYo5ubcQ4i[/url]

IF Koscielny is very good, thought I'd made a mistake by signing him ahead of Ferdinand and Terry but he's quicker and very good defensively. Played four games with them last night lost the first 1-0, but Im going to use the excuse that I was getting use to the players, then I won the other three quite easily.

Not bad. Mine's here. Yaya and Essien are the best CDM's on the game for me, Richards and Taiwo are great wingbacks. Kolo and Kompany are immense CB's but will probably replace Kolo with Ferdinand when get some more coins. The attack is pretty decent with Bale, Suarez, Donovan and Tevez. And the first players I bought for the team were Sessegnon, Dembele, Park, Sturridge and Tiote. Cheap and very effective impact subs.

is it just me' date=' or is it easier to win in UT then in career mode ?

i won games on world class on a regular basis in UT with a side rated 81 but now i struggle in career mode on professional level being only 9th in the league and having trouble finding decent spells of wins.

note that im in Ligue 1 with Lyon, which is one of the best clubs in france[/quote']

It's far easier to win against other players than against the CPU in my experience, simply because other players are less better at defending than the CPU and they are harder to score against.

In my 'Boro MM I beat Southhampton 3-0 :D, and finished with 8 men. The first one was deserved, the 2nd debatable, the 3rd a disgrace please tell how EA thinks the tackle in the video below constitutes a red card?! Ended up having to play half an hour with no strikers. Played 75 minutes with 10 men and scored three goals, played half an hour with 9 men.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/113969170

In my 'Boro MM I beat Southhampton 3-0 :D' date=' and finished with 8 men. The first one was deserved, the 2nd debatable, the 3rd a disgrace please tell how EA thinks the tackle in the video below constitutes a red card?! Ended up having to play half an hour with no strikers. Played 75 minutes with 10 men and scored three goals, played half an hour with 9 men.

[url']http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/113969170[/url]

They have mucked it up completely. I sythed down KP Boateng today in the box, last man, and recieved a yellow.

I've given away penalties for tackles that were a yard outside the box, and like yourself, have recieved red cards for very little.

Does anyone know how Max Gradel progresses on career mode? Fancy signing him for Arsenal but if he's too similar to Walcott/Gervinho/Ox I might not bother.

His highest "potential" rating that I've seen is 83. Chamberlian is 82, Walcott is 84.

Does anyone know how Max Gradel progresses on career mode? Fancy signing him for Arsenal but if he's too similar to Walcott/Gervinho/Ox I might not bother.

http://www.fifafanatic.com/fifa-12-best-young-players/

Good site there mate, that will tell you. :) His highest rating potential is 83, according that website.

Just type in a players name, and it'll come up with their potential rating etc :)

EDIT: Chewis, I think you might be talking about that link? :)

Building a Prem UT based on the players that I think have had a great first half to the season.

Now, I'm caught for ST's. My 5 were Ba, Suarez, RvP and Aguero, Adebayor. I've only bought RvP thus far, as he's the most reasonably priced (also Ade, but he's a back-up). I don't think UP Ba, UP Suarez and UP Aguero are worth their current prices.

I only need to buy one of the above 3, but I don't know which one would best play with RvP. UP Silva is my CAM.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Decided to sell UP Silva. Had a friendly game with him and he was horrible. Doesn't suit the way I play. Decided to just put a CAM card on my RVP (isn't the upgrade). Got IF Ade and Sturridge up front, with RVP at CAM. Grant Holt is my back up striker, along with Sessegnon as my alternative CAM.

First half of the season TOTY;

UP Krul

Richards - Kompany - Lescott - UP Enrique

Parker

Gervinho -------------- Bale

RVP

Sturridge - IF Ade

Improved my EPL team a bit, will have around 40k once I offload the 20 or so players left in the trade pile, the only position I won't bother looking to strengthen now is CDM since Toure and Essien are the best in that role. Was thinking about getting VDV or Modric in CF position and then getting Nasri at CAM. Was thinking about saving up for Gerrard as well, his stats are just what I need, not too sure what to do next though, some advice would be helpful.

Decided to sell UP Silva. Had a friendly game with him and he was horrible. Doesn't suit the way I play. Decided to just put a CAM card on my RVP (isn't the upgrade). Got IF Ade and Sturridge up front' date=' with RVP at CAM. Grant Holt is my back up striker, along with Sessegnon as my alternative CAM.

[center']First half of the season TOTY;

Vorm

Richards - Kompany - Lescott - Assou Ekotto

Parker

??? -------------- Mata

RVP

Sturridge - Suarez[/center]

Changed my team a little, as I've quoted the above (^).

I hated IF Adebayor, UP Enrique, and Gervinho on 41212. Bale wasn't impressive whatsoever either. I have three sides wrote out on a refill pad of the PL players that impressed me throughout the first half of the season, and this was the second one I had wrote. The third one is a basis 442, but I'm going to give the diamond another bash. Didn't want to get the UP Suarez so I bought the cheapest 41212 85 one that I could, which was still pricey at 10k.

Could anyone tell me a good Prem right mid (has to have had a good season, thus far).

@Elton; I had a look at your team. If you don't like Suarez then I suggest starting Dembele or getting a ST>CF card for Tevez. Based on the way you play, I'd suggest Tevez at CF, with Sturridge as your ST.

Changed my team a little' date=' as I've quoted the above (^).

I hated IF Adebayor, UP Enrique, and Gervinho on 41212. Bale wasn't impressive whatsoever either. I have three sides wrote out on a refill pad of the PL players that impressed me throughout the first half of the season, and this was the second one I had wrote. The third one is a basis 442, but I'm going to give the diamond another bash. Didn't want to get the UP Suarez so I bought the cheapest 41212 85 one that I could, which was still pricey at 10k.

Could anyone tell me a good Prem right mid (has to have had a good season, thus far).

@Elton; I had a look at your team. If you don't like Suarez then I suggest starting Dembele or getting a ST>CF card for Tevez. Based on the way you play, I'd suggest Tevez at CF, with Sturridge as your ST.[/font']

IMO, Valencia is the only EPL RM who has had an excellent season, I would go for him.

And I don't mind Suarez, has got decent stats but I really enjoy playing with Dembele so I might do that until I have enough coins for Gerrard. Tevez at CF sounds good but I want a player with with better passing than him since CF is the playmaker position in 4-2-3-1.

IMO' date=' Valencia is the only EPL RM who has had an excellent season, I would go for him.

And I don't mind Suarez, has got decent stats but I really enjoy playing with Dembele so I might do that until I have enough coins for Gerrard. Tevez at CF sounds good but I want a player with with better passing than him since CF is the playmaker position in 4-2-3-1.[/quote']

This is how my side looks now. If I dislike RVP's link up with Suarez/Sturridge then I'm going to sell the whole side and buy my 442 side.

i was just about to go on aswell Edit: its back on, anyways as for something ive never seen before on career.... Messi goes to arsenal? lol, into my 4th season with shakhtar and ive only made 6 signings, just a few youth players and a couple of squad players. Eduardo is awesome along side Luiz Adriano.

Also Metalist signed Aguero :o, think i better get my shoes on and make 1 big signing.