FIFA 12 Official Thread

Re: FIFA 12 Official Thread

Just to let everyone know' date=' from March 2nd, Any [b']EA[/b] Title cannot be purchased in GAME/Gamestation stores.

This includes, for example:

FIFA Street

FIFA 13 and Beyond

Tiger Woods

Sims 3 Showdown

Mass Effect 3

Why? Most probably everyone returning Fifa for clubs being broken lol.

Why? Most probably everyone Fifa for clubs being broken lol.

EA have said 45% of their profit is through digital sales, people are no longer apparently walking in to stores to buy it, from the outrage they are obviously proved wrong and is it me, or is 55% still from in store sales... which is more than 45%?? So after SSX on March 2nd, they will no longer stock EA games, big spat, and with such a big franchise, Codemasters and others may follow suit.

Nintendo have started doing the same with Mario Part 9, looks like everything is going digital, I hope not, not paying £54.99 on the PS Store for FIFA 13/Street.

Pre-Order from Amazon, and it will take like a week after release date to get to my house. Pain in the...

So what happens if I've pre ordered FIFA street from game station?

You throw £5 in for the Adidas All Stars? Well the Pre-Order becomes Void' date=' and you get £5 in store credit, can't get back the fiver :rolleyes::mad:

So basically you'll have to buy the game elsewhere, like Amazon, Tesco etc.

I'm bombing it down to Tesco on Release Day.

[center']-----------

Even though I shouldn't be on here, spare 5 minutes as my mum asleep, I thought I'd give you lot the heads up as I love you all :rolleyes: [/center]

You throw £5 in for the Adidas All Stars? Well the Pre-Order becomes Void' date=' and you get £5 in store credit, can't get back the fiver :rolleyes::mad:

So basically you'll have to buy the game elsewhere, like Amazon, Tesco etc.

I'm bombing it down to Tesco on Release Day.

[center']-----------

Even though I shouldn't be on here, spare 5 minutes as my mum asleep, I thought I'd give you lot the heads up as I love you all :rolleyes: [/center]

Haha what a joke... Luckly I'll probably be able to sell the store credit to a mate or something, if not There going to have a very big argument coming there way...

Anyone who preordered from GAME will get a full refund AND a £5 store credit type thing but lets be honest WE JUST WANT THE GAME.

GAME is going to go bust because of this. They only wanted to stock the games of companies that would make allowances for them.

EA and Nintendo titles will not be available in GAME or Gamestation and frankly it's all GAME's fault.

If they didn't have such poor customer service and actually did some decent offers for games like Tesco and Asda do they would see an increase in sales. Why would I want to buy for example Battlefield 3 from GAME on release day for 39.99 when I could have it from Tesco's for 29.99?

Even when a game is just 2 pounds cheaper in another store of course you are going to buy it from the other store. I used to be a loyal GAME customer (then I took an arrow to the knee) but what is the point? The loyalty card is rubbish and you have to spend 100's of pounds to get like £5 off a game. What they don't realise is that customers aren't gonna buy a game from them just because they used to. To keep customers you need to offer incentives and frankly GAME's staff are a big incentive to run a mile.

So because of this now they have lost EA games and Nintendo games. I'm not naive enough to think that EA and Nintendo are the saints in this cos lets be honest they could have kept stocking the games at GAME by being a bit easy on them but then again why should they? EA will still get the sales just from other shops as will Nintendo. The only person who loses out in all of this is us the customers. Less stores stocking our favourite titles means less competition so the deals we are sometimes lucky enough to get are going to vanish as we wont be able to shop anywhere for our games other then online.

I dont know about you guys but I like being able to walk into the shop pick up the title read the back get a bit excited about it walk to the counter and pay for it face to face. I like being able to physically browse through the games instead of searching on a computer screen or being able to search through the pre owned games section for a bargain and GAME's poor business strategy has backfired on them big time this is no doubt the final nail in the coffin.

How on earth can a business whose sole purpose it is to stock games and sell them justify not selling some of the biggest titles around. This isn't just Fifa Street it's Mass Effect 3, Fifa 13, Mario games, Legend Of Zelda and all these long selling titles are now gone from your local GAME store.

Fifa 12/13 will always sell as long as EA actually keep improving the gameplay (which hats off to them they have this year massively especially contextual dribbling) so to decide to not stock such games in future is suicidal.

It's a shame because I had actually pre-ordered Fifa Street after playing the demo but I've already been in and got my money back and this rubbish store credit thing I suggest you guys do the same and then say a long goodbye to GAME.

Anyone been on the Street Demo then? Downloading it at the moment... I'll just take my trade to Tesco then:p

I've just got another 76% to go:o Might get on by time the game is released...:rolleyes:

I only buy from GAME if I'm in the wonderful city of Aberdeen, but I'll be popping down to my local Tesco when it is released

Guest <klhepworth.

I've just got another 76% to go:o Might get on by time the game is released...:rolleyes:

I only buy from GAME if I'm in the wonderful city of Aberdeen' date=' but I'll be popping down to my local Tesco when it is released[/quote']

I normally pre-order from game as they always have the exclusive offers, but I don't think I'll bother this time:)

Anyone been on the Street Demo then? Downloading it at the moment... I'll just take my trade to Tesco then:p

Yeah gotta admit its quite fun to play. Milan and Man City are the 2 big teams in it.

If only they could introduce some of the ball control aspects in fifa street into Fifa 13 a man can dream :P

I do think though after playing it for a bit it will get a bit old a bit fast and online wont be too amazing either as most of the time you will do a skill it will work and the feeling of any real difficulty is non existant it's literally a game to mess about on defending is non existant. But still for a quicky type game coming home from work or school it's great its very much a pick up and play game.

Will be interesting to see what the career mode is like I used to love it on Fifa Street 1+2 when you could get players from all over the world to play for your team by beating theirs. Also the addition of real life PL La Liga etc teams is great as it makes it realistic looking but mental :P

Anyone who preordered from GAME will get a full refund AND a £5 store credit type thing but lets be honest WE JUST WANT THE GAME.

GAME is going to go bust because of this. They only wanted to stock the games of companies that would make allowances for them.

EA and Nintendo titles will not be available in GAME or Gamestation and frankly it's all GAME's fault.

If they didn't have such poor customer service and actually did some decent offers for games like Tesco and Asda do they would see an increase in sales. Why would I want to buy for example Battlefield 3 from GAME on release day for 39.99 when I could have it from Tesco's for 29.99?

Even when a game is just 2 pounds cheaper in another store of course you are going to buy it from the other store. I used to be a loyal GAME customer (then I took an arrow to the knee) but what is the point? The loyalty card is rubbish and you have to spend 100's of pounds to get like £5 off a game. What they don't realise is that customers aren't gonna buy a game from them just because they used to. To keep customers you need to offer incentives and frankly GAME's staff are a big incentive to run a mile.

So because of this now they have lost EA games and Nintendo games. I'm not naive enough to think that EA and Nintendo are the saints in this cos lets be honest they could have kept stocking the games at GAME by being a bit easy on them but then again why should they? EA will still get the sales just from other shops as will Nintendo. The only person who loses out in all of this is us the customers. Less stores stocking our favourite titles means less competition so the deals we are sometimes lucky enough to get are going to vanish as we wont be able to shop anywhere for our games other then online.

I dont know about you guys but I like being able to walk into the shop pick up the title read the back get a bit excited about it walk to the counter and pay for it face to face. I like being able to physically browse through the games instead of searching on a computer screen or being able to search through the pre owned games section for a bargain and GAME's poor business strategy has backfired on them big time this is no doubt the final nail in the coffin.

How on earth can a business whose sole purpose it is to stock games and sell them justify not selling some of the biggest titles around. This isn't just Fifa Street it's Mass Effect 3' date=' Fifa 13, Mario games, Legend Of Zelda and all these long selling titles are now gone from your local GAME store.

Fifa 12/13 will always sell as long as EA actually keep improving the gameplay (which hats off to them they have this year massively especially contextual dribbling) so to decide to not stock such games in future is suicidal.

It's a shame because I had actually pre-ordered Fifa Street after playing the demo but I've already been in and got my money back and this rubbish store credit thing I suggest you guys do the same and then say a long goodbye to GAME.[/quote']

I like going into a store and buying it face to face as well,so if the games goes wrong you can show your reciept and go straight back to the store you brought it from and get another copy or your money back,when buying online I always feel this is what is missing and why I don't do it very often.

And even with the pre-order your getting it what 24 hours in advance,does it really make that big of a difference whether you get something on a Thursday or a Friday? can't say it's ever bothered me.

But what will kill GAME and Gamestation of I reckon is when FIFA 13 comes out in September/October,got no proof of this but I'd imagine FIFA is the biggest selling game after Call of Duty,so to have NO sales off that game means that the other competitors will just sweep up the market.

Say FIFA makes 1 Million sales in the UK and 100,000 of those were through GAME,100,000 at £40 a pop is £4 Million,say Tesco takes 20,000,ASDA takes 20,000,PLAY takes 20,000 and Amazon takes 20,000 and Zavvi takes the other 20,000.

From just this act alone Tesco have gained an extra £800,000 and GAME have lost £4 Million resulting in a £4.8 Million swing,I know these figures won't be correct as some would of the sales would be second hand or at discounted prices,and I'm sure the sales would probably be more than 100,000 mentioned and even so that wouldn't get split up by the other five companies.

As for face to face sales Ben it'll always be around,I've gone to HMV to buy my games as it's £2.00 cheaper than GAME and is like 100 yards away,even so there's always going to be a Sainsburys/Tesco that sells the games and whilst internet shopping is big there'll mainly be in store shopping and the games will be there.

I know what you mean about the second hand prices as well,I remember a month after Fight Night Round 4 came out that it was second hand at GAME for £37.99 but new in HMV across the road at £29.99,just beggars belief why anyone would buy that from GAME instead of HMV.

In essence I think GAME have got way way to big for themselves and have now destroyed themselves with this move,just a shame a good store like Gamestation got dragged into it really,not sure whether they could but I hope they can get themselves out fo this now and go independent again,otherwise they'll go bust as well.

The thing is that games aren't exclusive to GAME like they mainly were,it's now been branched into supermarkets and most stores sell games one way or another,as you said earlier Ben why would anyone buy Battlefield from GAME for £10 more than Tesco,GAME must think it's prestige,but to be honest what's bad about shopping at Tesco? most of the population get there shopping from either there or Sainsburys anyway.

To be honest I think GAME has been past it's sell by date for a while now,it's just Gamestation I'll be sad to see go as I've always liked when I was in there and they did offer some good discounts on games as well,also there customer service was great as the people there genuinely know what they was talking about,shame about the lost jobs as well I'd imagine,all of this because GAME couldn't agree one deal with EA.

Guest <klhepworth.

Yeah gotta admit its quite fun to play. Milan and Man City are the 2 big teams in it.

If only they could introduce some of the ball control aspects in fifa street into Fifa 13 a man can dream :P

I do think though after playing it for a bit it will get a bit old a bit fast and online wont be too amazing either as most of the time you will do a skill it will work and the feeling of any real difficulty is non existant it's literally a game to mess about on defending is non existant. But still for a quicky type game coming home from work or school it's great its very much a pick up and play game.

Will be interesting to see what the career mode is like I used to love it on Fifa Street 1+2 when you could get players from all over the world to play for your team by beating theirs. Also the addition of real life PL La Liga etc teams is great as it makes it realistic looking but mental :P

Sounds good, gonna go have an hour or so on it soon:)

I like it - but I think it's an acquired taste. I like to mess around and humiliate people on FIFA 12 and I can't defend to save my life. Lots of games of mine finish 7-4 or something along those lines. So in that aspect it's good for me. People I know though like FIFA to be realistic and so hate FIFA Street, won't go near it.

I think i'll be getting it :)

I loved the first FIFA Street. Don't think I had the 2nd one, but the first was amazing...

Just love the fact that you could go flying into a tackle and there's no need to worry about free kicks.

Also do they still have the 'gamebreakers' where you are guarenteed to score??? Well pretty much guarenteed:p

On 57% so it should be done by quarter to 8.

I loved the first FIFA Street. Don't think I had the 2nd one' date=' but the first was amazing...

Just love the fact that you could go flying into a tackle and there's no need to worry about free kicks.

Also do they still have the 'gamebreakers' where you are guarenteed to score??? Well pretty much guarenteed:p

On 57% so it should be done by quarter to 8.[/quote']

I havent encountered a gamebreaker on the demo but in certain game modes like the panna one (or nutmeg) skills are rewarded like goals but no I dont think so far as i know that they have gamebreakers. It's still so fun to play though :P

2nd Fifa Street was like the first one just few more skills different teams more freedom the 3rd fifa street was diabolical cartoony characters and useless controls where you could only really randomly skill someone.

Try flying into a tackl on this and youll end up looking like a muppet ;) at least if you are playing against me while using David Silva ;)

Sold my Ligue 1 team which was fun playing with, so I decided to make an International team which isn't on the game, since Wales haven't got many good players, Ghana don't have a keeper and Ivory Coast only have good players in certain position, I then just made aNigerian team.

Just need IF Yakubu, Emenike and Odemwingie then I should be done. Ogude's stats are insanely good for a 75 player as well, a good all-round player.