FIFA 12 Official Thread

Re: FIFA 12 Official Thread

Growing fed up with inconsistent forwards on this game.

Sold all my squads and after wasting money on packs a few weeks ago' date=' I now have 400k.

Looking to build a team with that, but I'm open to suggestions from any of ye lads.

Staying away from the Prem as their strikers infuriate me.[/quote']

If i was you i would look for a certain player and base your team around him. I have just got TOTY Michu and he is pretty good. Got a great shot on him, he is only worth around 16K.

Got a nice Dutch side going...

Stekelenburg

Van der Wiel - Bruma - Donk - Pieters

Emanuelson - Seedorf - Wijnaldum

Duarte

Huntelaar - Van Wolfswinkel

Really fun to play with. Midfield are dominant and Seedorf's passing and shooting are fantastic.

First time I've played any games on any FIFA without proper wingers, but I do really enjoy playing with them.

Got a nice Dutch side going...

Stekelenburg

Duarte

Huntelaar - Van Wolfswinkel

Really fun to play with. Midfield are dominant and Seedorf's passing and shooting are fantastic.

First time I've played any games on any FIFA without proper wingers' date=' but I do really enjoy playing with them.[/quote']

Decided to make this into a 4-3-2-1

Stekelenburg

Lens -------- Afellay

Huntelaar

Still much and such the same. Only complaint is that it does lack a bit of pace up front with Huntelaar, so I'll try and either get IF Van Wolfswinkel or RVP.

Also had a bit of coins left over so made a Brazilian side.

Helton

Rafael - David Luiz - Dede - Marcelo

Luiz Gustavo - Willians

Elias - Dagoberto - Lucas

Fernandinho

Obviously trying to get Pato and Neymar for the CF and ST positions. But this team is unbelievably quick. Slowest player is Gustavo with 77 pace. Shooting could be improved but once I get Pato and Neymar it should be fine.

Also does anyone know how a RW/RM plays in a CAM position in the 4-2-3-1 formation. May try to get Hulk instead of Elias?:o

I'd Advise Getting Wallyson for that Brazilian Team CF he's unreal 91 pace and 5 star skills his shot in my experience is quality also. best 76 rated player I've played with personal find him easier to play with that either Neymar and Robinho at CF like Pato ST.

For the Dutch team if you can't get Rvp you could try El Kabir he's a Silver but a very good one bags of Pace a top finesse although I think Rvp would be better :)

I'd Advise Getting Wallyson for that Brazilian Team CF he's unreal 91 pace and 5 star skills his shot in my experience is quality also. best 76 rated player I've played with personal find him easier to play with that either Neymar and Robinho at CF like Pato ST.

For the Dutch team if you can't get Rvp you could try El Kabir he's a Silver but a very good one bags of Pace a top finesse although I think Rvp would be better :)

May get Wallyson. Just looking at the database and there is a few decent Brazilian CFs so I'll try a few out. Will also probably get Welliton for ST and maybe Sobis.

Saw El Kabir, but he was out of my budget, so had to make do with Huntelaar.

My goal to game ratio with Ibra has decreased significantly after his awesome start :(' date=' still at 1.8 a game though and his striker partners get at least 1 a game too so it's all good :D[/quote']

Yeah, that's still a great ratio. :P Mine with Remy is just over 1 - thinking about trying out UP Benzema but just doesn't seem to justify such a price tag when there are great alternatives in Remy and Cisse for 1/10 of his price.

Yeah' date=' that's still a great ratio. :P Mine with Remy is just over 1 - thinking about trying out UP Benzema but just doesn't seem to justify such a price tag when there are great alternatives in Remy and Cisse for 1/10 of his price.[/quote']

Benzema is very poor, really didn't like him. Cisse/Remy, like you said, are much better.

Briand is another good one. He's obviously very quick, but his passing is extremely good. Really like his link up play.

Regular Benzema is just as good as UP Benzema btw. Or better lol

I made a French Euro 2012 squad :)

Lloris

TOTY Debuchy

Rami

IF Koscielny

Clichy

IF2 Cabaye

M'Vila

Nasri

Ribery

Benzema

Valbuena

bench:

IF Giroud

IF Diarra

Ben Arfa

Evra

Reveillere

Malouda

Menez

:)

Regular Benzema is just as good as UP Benzema btw. Or better lol

I made a French Euro 2012 squad :)

Lloris

TOTY Debuchy

Rami

IF Koscielny

Clichy

IF2 Cabaye

M'Vila

Nasri

Ribery

Benzema

Valbuena

bench:

IF Giroud

IF Diarra

Ben Arfa

Evra

Reveillere

Malouda

Menez

:)

I don't think he is in the squad, but you can get TOTY Mavuba for about 45k and i think he is really good.

I don't think he is in the squad' date=' but you can get TOTY Mavuba for about 45k and i think he is really good.[/quote']

I wish i could get him but i only have about 30k left + i only want to get the players that are in the squad in real life :P

I'm saving up for TOTY Clichy, i think i need to double my coins lol

EDIT: i mean IF Clichy not TOTY uops

Just been reading some Fifa 12 Career Mode stories on another forum, wondering if anyone wants to share a few on here!

I'll start with mine :

I didn't include player/manager just managing in this one and it was on World Class :)

Crawley Town - Season 1

Crawley_Town_FC_logo.png

Started off with a bit of a challenge by managing Crawley Town. I brought in some sweet free agents such as Oduamadi who's speed is crazy, a decent left back, Smith the long haired keeper and a couple more freebies. I found the season fair easy and ending up winning the league quite comfortably, also ended up signing Gurberti who was like 78 rated on a free in January some how! and finally won the Johnston's Paint Trophy with them capping off a decent double.

Preston - Season 2

BadgePreston_North_End.png

I was very very tempted to stay with Crawley however the temptation of more money came calling when PNE offered me the job in League 1. I took over and sold some of the dead weight and again the Free Transfers were on my side! managed to get Maxi Lopez, a centre back and a Brazilian LM who all were way to good to play in League 1 but I wasn't complaining ha ha. Final signing was Jimmy Bullard who I made captain.

The season wasn't as easy as my first and I won the league by 3 points in the final game, but this time got beat in the Johnston's Paint Trophy final.

Coventry City - Season 3

Coventry_City_FC.png

I never particularly enjoyed PNE and only really went there as my aim was more to get so good that a team like Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United would offer me a job rather than just starting with them! So I moved on yet again, being very anti-loyal to these clubs ha ha. Anyway I went to Coventry and they still had Nimely so I had a pretty rapid forward, I signed the Brazilian LM from PNE who I previously got on a free along with Ryan Taylor, De Laet, Michael Johnson and some fast dude from Norwich!

I started the season quite well, but the season ended up dragging on and on and on and eventually when it was coming to an end I realised I was quite far being the top of the table and about 7th, so I carried on playing but in the end missed out on the play offs which was absolutely gutting! And to be honest I didn't want to carry on here next season. I got pretty far in the League Cup but got overpowered by Tottenham in the Semi's.

Fulham - Season 4

image-5-927997942.jpg

To my surprise I got offered a Premier League job! I wasn't even bothered that it was Fulham either ha ha. They had pretty much the same basis of squad keeping Johnson and Dempsey etc. with one big addition in Steven Taylor and had a fairly large team to my delight! This was also the most amount of money I think I'd ever had so decided to splash the cash!

I brought in Mancienne, Delf, Delfouneso, Aogo, Glen Johnson and a few more that I can't quite remember. Luckily they had a player come through the youth system too called Luis Muriel who was pretty good! about 82 at this point I believe.

I started the season and did surprisingly well overall! I got pretty far in the cups League Cup Final AGAIN! which I lost, annoyingly but either way I finished 5th in the league! which was quite an achievement considering I had no big names yet. So I thought I'd build on the team and have a pop at the UEFA Cup.

Everton - Season 5

Zvp50Pf8972e010.gif

Here we go again ha ha, offered another job and another job taken. Although I think everyone here would agree I made the right move here. Everton had Van Der Vaart, Stephen Ireland, Joey Barton to name a few along with the majority of the starting players. So I felt I had a nice base to start on. I sold Jelavic and numerous players and brought in Fernando Torres a goalkeeper named Hamid Sader Tasci and a few younger players. The aim was top 4 and with my previous season finishing 5th with Fulham I was confident! However the season seemed to get harder year after year as Fifa have introduced 'Take Overs' which so far had effected Blackpool, Sunderland and Villa. Sunderland bought Nani, Zarate and a host full of names and Villa got hold of Luis Muriel, Remy, Sturridge, Lennon and a few more

The takeovers were cool but made it alot harder for my poor Everton! I had a good F.A Cup run getting to the Semi's but concentrated particularly on the league. Despite this I ended up finishing 6th even lower than last year! so ended the season on disappointment...

Everton - Season 6

Surprisingly the board offered me quite a bit of money! But what I didn't realise is I forgot to renew Torres and Baines' contracts!

Weirdly enough I ended up signing them again with their wages cut down by about 50,000 per week, so this flaw seriously got me thinking at the end of every season! Anyway with the funds I strengthened my squad and signed Marin, Sulejmani and Aqcuafresca adding needed depth for the UEFA Cup!

This was by far my strongest squad and I felt like I needed to do well in at least one competition! I started the league well and by January I was nicely placed in 3rd behind Chelsea and Arsenal ahead of United! I had also got myself all the way into the League Cup Semi's and past the groups in UEFA. In other news Bolton had gained a takeover! adding to the richest clubs in the league.

It had January and as you know its the transfer window. I wasn't too interested as I liked the team I had, however when you think its perfect this happens : "Van Der Vaart has requested he leaves Goodison Park"

So on deadline day I had to sell VDV easily one of my best players and the captain of my team. However I let him go and Barcelona bought him for 20 million, I had 8 hours left to replace him!

I went looking and couldn't find a replacement cheap enough anywhere, however I stumbled across a certain Daniel Sturridge and snapped him up for 16 million! bargain. As Torres was getting older realistically he was losing pace so adding Sturridge worked very well.

Next game was UEFA cup against Ajax, I came straight out and set up Torres with Sturridge then banging one in just before half time with Sturridge! Settled in really well. Next up was the League Cup final against Sunderland. I never got troubled except for one long ranger from Zarate and ended up winning 2-0 thanks to Anichebe! my first major trophy. At this stage I was still in contention for a top 4 place, placing 5th at this time.

However as expected I had one eye on the UEFA cup and had Benfica in the semi's. Never an easy team to beat especially over 2 legs! Axel Witsel was unbeatable, he won everything and though to myself "I'm buying him!" anyway they beat me 1-0 in the first leg away, they scored in the 86th Minute :( So next time I had them at Goodison. The biggest game I'd had so far! The game was tense and I managed to break the scoreline via Torres around the 60th minute, however this wasn't enough as I knew if it went to penalties I'd struggle, I'd already lost a cup final on these once!

Luckily for me up popped Sulejmani who had also fired himself into the top 20 scorers in the Premier League within 2 or 3 months banging in 13 goals! and this time he fired me to the UEFA Cup final!

The league wasn't going quite as well with Liverpool proving tough the nudge off 4th and this was also the case with Fulham. I had a few decent results here and there but predominantly losing the majority towards the end. I ended up finishing a disappointing 7th this time however I wasn't too bothered this season as it was the UEFA Cup final.

It wasn't an easy fixture as I found Lyon had beaten PSV in the semi's. So here it was Lyon in the final. Not an easy game at all. They had chance after chance and my Everton just couldn't keep them out, they scored and I thought that would of been it! Luckily I had time to recover and I pegged it back in the 70th with a Stephen Ireland strike! Now it was getting harder as mine and their players were tiring, I threw Acquaresca on for Sturridge as desperation and held out til the final whistle. It was 1-1 and extra time was looming. I got the kick off and sent it out wide to Sulejmani, I don't know why but I had to urge to take on the Lyon left back and so I did! I got it past him and ran towards the box, I had a shot and Lloris parried it wide, and who was there Fernando Torres! that was it 2-1 and I held out til the end. First European trophy with Everton, get in.

I thought I'd build on them and push for 4th place but as usual a team came asking...

Bolton - Season 7

150px-Bolton_Wanderers_FC.svg.png

I looked through my offers and saw no Chelsea or Arsenal, I was kinda disappointed but then I saw one offer in particular that caught my eye, Bolton. As I said earlier they'd had a takeover and the funds stood at 144 Million with 600,000 wage!

I couldn't say no and aimed to make them into a Premier League winning side. So I sold all the rubbish players keeping Steven Taylor, Reo Coker, Andy Johnson and Maxi Rodriguez.

Let the buying commence. I started with a goalkeeper signing Joe Hart I went on to buy my defenders Glen Johnson, Munoz, Lescott and Aogo I went all out for my striker and bought Benzema from Man Utd spending 25 million, adding to that Axel Witsel who I previously wanted! and James Milner who was 85 at this stage. I also purchased Anichebeand Gibson from my old Everton and even added Oduamadi previously of Crawley for acceleration! but the ultimate buy had to be Gareth Bale who I splashed 30 million on!

So there was my Bolton team 5-stars! I 100% concentrated on the league as my team wasn't big enough to go for the cups and there we go I absolutely dominated leading for 80% of the season and winning my first Premier League Title!

Chelsea - Season 8

190px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png

Despite buying half of the leagues best players to win the league I was happy with Bolton but always felt that it was a little bit unfair. So when I got these next offers I was very very happy!

I was offered by Arsenal, Chelsea, Inter, Real Madrid and Lyon and of course as this was the aim I was over the moon. So I took over Chelsea!

They had some good players to start - Pato, Redmond, Mata, Terry, Cole, Flamini etc. despite these players they lacked something so with my large 80 million budget I went on a spree.

I purchased Wilshere from Barcelona for 35 Million, Banega from QPR, Wellington (98 speed) from some Brazilian side, Kyle Walker from Spurs, Badstuberfrom Bayern and Allen from Swansea

My expectations were pretty high from the board having to Win the league, cups and Champions League. However my team was good so I went for them all!

One thing I noticed with this season was that it seemed extremely difficult to beat teams. Passes were harder to complete and in general it was harder to score. So I kept my position in the league up being in the top 3 all season and qualified out of my champions league group as well as being in the league cup semi's against Bristol City.

It got to January and I still had money so decided to buy Podolski as back up for my strikers as I only had 2! After he arrived I played in the League cup semi final and got beat 2-1 by Bristol in the first leg! However I was certain I'd bring it back in the 2nd. However I didn't and drew 0-0 going out of the cup, expectation 1 of 4 failed. I carried on despite this knock back and had my last 16 Champs League game. It was against Marseille who on this had players like Aguero and Yaya Toure. I drew the away leg 1-1 with a sweet goal from Allen but on the return leg I drew 2-2 after being 2-0 up! and exited swiftly from the UCL.

Next up was the F.A Cup quarter final where I had Villa. I thought I'd defeat them but slumped to a 2-0 defeat. What a bad bad month!

Anyway I tried to win the league but realised Arsenal were about 12 points clear and almost impossible to catch. However I had a go and reduced it to 6 but fell short and finished 3rd.

Chelsea - Season 9

9th season now and I stayed with Chelsea, which would of been the case no matter what the offer may of been. With such a poor season I was determined to do well!

I bought Sakho to replace the retired Terry and De Cegie to replace retired Cole. With the defense sorted I changed my keeper and bought Joe Hart once again. On the transfer list was Sven Bender from Real Madrid so I snapped him up for depth in midfield! Finally I bought Bendtner to add depth also and he turned out to be quite the scorer! with players retiring left right and centre (with it being 2019/2020 season) It was getting increasingly harder to buy so on deadline day I ended up buying Ben Arfa for cover to my wingers.

Despite strengthening my side, the career is still proving to be extremely difficult to get results. I'm still currently in this season and I'm still aiming for the Champions League!

Anyway that was a long winded report but if you enjoyed the read thankyou! I want to see some more from you lot.

Cool post Danny Williams, I don't think I've taken a career past a 3rd season! How did you get such a good youth player? I haven't seen one through past a 70 I think. I guess it takes more time? I always start as Tottenham (moved to Bremen in this one, not sure why but it's been pretty fun), and van der Vaart always wants to leave:p. Modric usually tries to get out as well, but that ends up just being a bit of tension and he calms down. Best deal I have made was buying Bojan for $15 mil I think. His overall increased a good deal for me. Good report, it was fun to read.

I think in 13 I'll start as a team from rock bottom and try to work my way up. Hopefully they will throw in some nice improvements to the career mode.

Cool post Danny Williams' date=' I don't think I've taken a career past a 3rd season! How did you get such a good youth player? I haven't seen one through past a 70 I think. I guess it takes more time? I always start as Tottenham (moved to Bremen in this one, not sure why but it's been pretty fun), and van der Vaart always wants to leave:p. Modric usually tries to get out as well, but that ends up just being a bit of tension and he calms down. Best deal I have made was buying Bojan for $15 mil I think. His overall increased a good deal for me. Good report, it was fun to read.

I think in 13 I'll start as a team from rock bottom and try to work my way up. Hopefully they will throw in some nice improvements to the career mode.[/quote']

cheers man! the youth players Muriel was already at Fulham! was lucky really, at Chelsea now I got the 5* scouts and seem to have some sick Brazilian's at the ready!

but yeah starting from the bottom is probably the only reason I've kept going on this career this is the furthest I've ever gone

Good stuff Danny.

Enjoyed manager mode at the beginning, always like building teams up from league 2 and sticking with them. Pretty much won all the big leagues and titles before the squad update.

Have started a few since, but not really enjoyed them bar the Arsenal one that I accidentally overwrote :(

However, I've decided to re-do Malaga in Liga BBVA. Funnily enough, I've made profits on my squad. Only into February in the first season but I'm 15 points clear of Madrid and 23 points clear of 3rd place, Barcelona. Decided to buy a few players that were either easy to get, or transfer listed.

Bought;

De Jong for £7.5m.

Ogbonna for £8.5m.

Negredo for £17m.

Thiago for £24m.

Guaita for £7m.

Seedorf for £1.8m.

Got to January with a 4231 squad after selling the likes of Toulalan and a few others of the players I either didn't see having a future with the club, or I plain did not like

In January, I sold;

De Jong for £14m.

Naxto for £12m.

Baptista for £9m.

Buonnate for £15m.

Seedorf for £5m.

Bought;

Matuidi for £7.5m.

Bradley for £6m.

Bojan for £11m.

Cissokho for £7.5m.

The team looks like this;

Guaita (81)

Azpilicueta (77) - Matuidi (77) - Ogbonna (77) - Cissokho (78)

Thiago (81) - Bradley (77)

Santi (86) - Bojan (77) - Isco (79)

Negredo (84)

It's a very hard team to attack with. I find Negredo relatively difficult to maneuver , but he gets the job done on simulated matches. He's the top scorer after 24 games with 37 goals. Rejected a £26m bid from Inter, which I probably should have taken, but I find strikers very hard to sign on career mode. Rarely have any luck in the market.

Find Bradley and Thiago extremely good together. Bradley gets the dirty work done while Thiago links up very well with the four advanced players. Matuidi and Ogbonna have a very good partnership at the back, they're both left footers, but their pace, strength and tackling make them near impossible to break down. Cissokho and Azpilicueta are also very impressive. Guaita has been a bargain in goals, he's made some truly magnificent saves for me in difficult games.

In the final of the Copa del Rey and I'm basically home and dry with the league.

Looking to sell Negredo in the summer, along with a few fringe players and build up the depth get an upgrade on my striker.