• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: FIFA 12 Official Thread ttupGR1RhKM Seriously, this guy is too funny. Worth a watch. Hilarious, especially in the manner he just slags Andy Gray, over-enunciates, really goes to town on the

Re: FIFA 12 Official Thread

Re: FIFA 12 Official Thread Just though I should let you know about a player who's value will likely rocket. Raffael Cretaro R.o.I Airtricity League Sligo Rovers KSI posted about him on

I am possitive they'd make more money by having it for free' date=' people get hooked and end up spending a fair bit on it anyway.

Looking forward to it, but i really hope there is more of a punishment for quitters as 9 times out of 10 people quit out of games.

[b']I'm liking this Team Club idea, more of a reward for going Swansea online and i might actually beable to play lower league clubs and not just Barca, Man. United or Real Madrid online :rolleyes:[/b]

People wont change there ways as your still be able to play as Madrid and earn xp for Barnet from what I understood from the interviews I've watched :P

From reading a blog of some testers sort of review of the game so far it seems the interface is neat yet may be slightly slow although there hoping it won't be and apparently they've dropped the call a second defender button in order to stop you easily defending with the homeing missile like second defender which should improve while also making it harder to defend , so it wont be just a pick up and be instantly good at feature , practise will count for a lot. Then they've also supposedly dropped the trick stick and brought i the precision dribble as said earlier in order to make you be able to go past players without having to mash the right anolog stick :D

Players like Crouch , Xavi and Iniesta are also set to become more realistic with this new Play enigma feature , in fifa 11 Crouch was useless ... not that hes great in real like but he was just unplayable with while Xavi and Iniesta looked ordinary compared to big center midfielders who just destroy them but thats set to change :D

Cant wait.

I've read somewhere that at least two new traits will be being introduced' date=' Scandal and Arguing with officials. This could mean that a players morale could decrease due to an off-the-field event (affair, fight etc) and that players can now be booked for dissent.[/quote']

Haha that sounds great, not taking it away from fifa but does anyone else think you should be able to do stuff other than make transfers and play games on career mode? A bit like FM, maybe help get trained from another player at your club, do a few dirty things (Obviously not too bad as it would turn into something out of a **** website lol).

ttupGR1RhKM

Seriously' date=' this guy is too funny. Worth a watch. Hilarious, especially in the manner he just slags Andy Gray, over-enunciates, really goes to town on the subject matter.[/quote']

I want a cookie.

That guy is insane, you'd hate to be on his team on clubs though, you'd never get a touch!

• 2 weeks later...

d-iPV1K-ias

Another video, this time entailing some more info on the 'Pro Player Intelligence' as far as the AI is concerned, showing the variables on something as simple as a cross and the determining factors that will process through the AI when deciding upon what to do, assessing the the player with the ball surroundings.

Also, no news yet on the FIFA 12 commentators. They did announce Clive Tyldesley a few months ago, but apparently he always does the PS2 and Wii commentary anyways, so I don't expect him to be on the game for those of us with a 360 or PS3.

There are alot of trending rumours Alan Smith could be the one in line to take the commentary spot, as he does games with Martin Tyler nowadays, whilst many are making mention of Andy Townsend, with Clive.

The overwhelming favourite seems to be Kammy, no surprise there, but he doesn't really commentate as per, so I think It'll be very much a long-shot for him to be in it. One place where I believe Kammy could be used, is as a sideline reporter. If anyone has played NBA2K11 or any of the late Madden games, you'll know what I'm talking about. Below is a little bit of in-game, where the main commentators quickly switch over to the sideline reporter - Doris Burke. It's nothing jaw-dropping, but it just lends itself to the game really well.

qBbj2_iDKWM

NBA2K11 is a prime example of how to stretch a sports game and make it as real as possible, I'm completely jealous how 2K Sports puts so much effort into that game, in comparison into how much EA Sports puts into FIFA. I'm not even a NBA enthusiast and can appreciate what they've done to that game, no wonder it blasted all the other sports games out the water with regards to awards. The 'Be A Pro' mode in 2K11 too, is bloody brilliant, with added features such as post-game press conferences for you player, whereby the manner in which he replies will effect your player popularity, what people think of him (team player/ego-tripper), how your club you plays for sees you as, etc...

Anyways, rant over, will still keep an eye out for up-coming updates. As they say in Rome, Viva la France!

Does this mean that players will no longer lob the ball to you from two feet but pass it along the ground to the opposition when you want them to spread the play?

Should be a button calling them to cross as well, something so frickin obvious.

I swear the guys at EA are complete and utter morons, some of the stuff in FIFA 11, either available or missing, are just baffling. I don't know what idiot decides to include/not include these things.

You're right about the NBA game, that looks fantastic, and the Be a Pro bit sounds it too. The graphics are quality!

Btw that guy (in the first video) has a really weird accent. There's a noticeable Spanish twang to it, then at some points it disappears completely and he sounds English.

qBbj2_iDKWM

NBA2K11 is a prime example of how to stretch a sports game and make it as real as possible' date=' I'm completely jealous how 2K Sports puts so much effort into that game, in comparison into how much EA Sports puts into FIFA. I'm not even a NBA enthusiast and can appreciate what they've done to that game, no wonder it blasted all the other sports games out the water with regards to awards. The 'Be A Pro' mode in 2K11 too, is bloody brilliant, with added features such as post-game press conferences for you player, whereby the manner in which he replies will effect your player popularity, what people think of him (team player/ego-tripper), how your club you plays for sees you as, etc...

Anyways, rant over, will still keep an eye out for up-coming updates. As they say in Rome, Viva la France![/quote']

I could honestly not tell that was computer animated until there was a zoom in on one of the players. Of course I knew it was a game but anyone who wasen't familiar with games consoles would be pretty stunned :eek:

The NBA's game graphics looks fantastic. The commentary looks a lot more in-depth then FIFA's commentary. The main difference though - is the crowd. The crowd looks as realistic as the players, can't be too hard to do just a little focus on improving the crowd but at the moment it's pretty awful and for some reason all the grounds are more or less empty.

I agree with you about NBA 2K11, I mean this video is a fantastic example off a realistic game;

KiBYvbUjtuU

It's in 'Be A Pro' mode and you can talk the press, the fans sing your name or in the video i put the fans are chanting 'trade him, trade him' because in the game the guy hinted that he would like to be traded. The fans look real and the dressing room clips are great.

Every bit off NBA 2K11 is as realistic as it can get, I just hope FIFA 12 will be like that :)

There are alot of trending rumours Alan Smith could be the one in line to take the commentary spot' date=' as he does games with Martin Tyler nowadays, whilst many are making mention of Andy Townsend, with Clive.[/i']

Looks like the rumours were true.

FIFA 12

COMMENTATORS ANNOUNCED

Martin Tyler & ... Alan Smith!

usYy7B4TBjs

Extract from the article;

Gaming giants EA Sports announced that Alan Smith would be replacing the veteran Scot on the next release of the game.

Smith replaces former Sky Sports and FIFA commentator Andy Gray, who was dramatically fired by Sky for making sexist comments about female linesman Sian Massey.

"Alan will bring a fresh, new perspective and insight to FIFA 12, working alongside the trusted and well-known voice of Martin Tyler," said David Rutter, senior producer of FIFA 12.

"As one of the top-tier broadcasters on the UK football scene, he brings enormous knowledge and expert analysis to the game so that we can deliver the most authentic FIFA experience this year."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/3669538/Andy-Gray-ditched-from-FIFA-12.html

Martin Tyler's looking very frail.

Probably supports Leeds (:P), or perhaps he's already seen the finished copy of FIFA 12, or he's depressed with the appointment of Alan Smith.

What I will say is, even though Alan Smith isn't my first choice, the manner in which he commentates can be rather dull, with his voice not really coming off as energetic, almost seeming like a financial advisor, atleast it's finally lending a whole new commentary for FIFA, an overhaul long due now, something EA haven't done in years.

Now whether it'll sound half decent, or surpass our expectations is another thing. From most comments I've read on other sites, seems like most may be muting the commentary already.

Another vid to tickle anyone's curiosity on the Pro Player Intelligence, this time with a feature they call the Vision Map.

S9hOpD0dI84

From what I can gather from the video, it's basically as stated, a map/scale, whereby once the AI player has the ball, for instance a midfielder, depending upon whom the player is, they'll have an assorted vision map, whereby based upon their abilty, say Nasri's vision in comparison to Denilson's, Nasri will be able to field off a quicker pass, as he's able to read what's going on alot quicker, being able to pick-out that through-ball or switch, whereas Denilson, as in real-life, will be as clueless as a donkey, won't be able to read players' runs down the channels in time.

• 2 weeks later...

For any Career Mode enthusiasts - one video entailing some things to expect from FIFA 12's Career Mode, really based more around man-management, both on and off the pitch, especially with regards to rotating your squad, keeping players happy. Should you not keep players happy expect players sending in transfer requests, bad form on the pitch, if they are also of an age where their career is coming to an end, they may also use the threat of entering retirement sooner than later should they not be getting any playing time. Also Rutter makes mention of how the transfer window could be more lengthy, where you'll be able to enter into deeper negotiations with other clubs, being able to go back and forth in the span of one day, not having to wait multiple days to wait to hear back in cases, especially highlighting the last day of the transfer window.

The other video shows some screen-shots straight out of the Career Mode, with the dirty Gooners.

QtXHuOimkHo

0baMh68WnLk

Career updates sound pathetic. There is already too much squad rotation with no-one outside the PL capable of playing two games in a week. They don't need to mess around with any of that. They just need to revert the rating system back to something realistic like in FIFA 09 and it's fine.

Why do EA employ these idiots?

Career updates sound pathetic. There is already too much squad rotation with no-one outside the PL capable of playing two games in a week. They don't need to mess around with any of that. They just need to revert the rating system back to something realistic like in FIFA 09 and it's fine.

Why do EA employ these idiots?

For me it's simple - I'll believe it when I see it!

We were promised too much of this and that in FIFA 11, especially with regards to the Career Mode, which turned out to be a whole bunch of Jim Dae grappery, plagued by glitches, and errors, some of which to date still haven't been fixed, although EA have said the latter.

I will say, I do like the idea of it being more a man-management style Career Mode, especially as I grow bored of having the same XI, week in, week out (dependent in which league I'm in). With regards to the fitness levels, there were solutions to this - once upon a time, being the fitness coach and all that, where through your earnings you could level up, dependent on your finances (can't remember which FIFA that was in, 08 I think).

"Why do EA employ these idiots?" - The level of explaining this is quite simple Sefton, almost as simple as how a line such as ... "the snow is snowing", can get into the game. :rolleyes:

Some more drivel, should you care to hear it.

A Gamespot interview done very recently. Basically it's a Q & A, the questions courtesy of FIFA gamers. Not gonna lie, barring the first 3/4 questions, the rest are absolutely pointless, while perhaps slightly humourous, can't beleive the poncy git decided field them. Whoever scanned those questions should be sacked.

4d4PKk1xC14

Really hope they make the jockey tactic less effective.

Yes! Especially with midgets. Whilst the site is amusing, since when was a player with profile of a Michael Owen, able to basically lambaste some big tank of a 6'6 CB!

May I also add... you will be OTB'D for that horrific site of a sig next time on clubs. On a serious note, how did you manage to get that footage. :o