Re: FIFA 12 Official Thread

For me it's simple - I'll believe it when I see it!

We were promised too much of this and that in FIFA 11' date=' especially with regards to the Career Mode, which turned out to be a whole bunch of Jim Dae grappery, plagued by glitches, and errors, some of which to date still haven't been fixed, although EA have said the latter.

I will say, I do like the idea of it being more a man-management style Career Mode, especially as I grow bored of having the same XI, week in, week out (dependent in which league I'm in). With regards to the fitness levels, there were solutions to this - once upon a time, being the fitness coach and all that, where through your earnings you could level up, dependent on your finances (can't remember which FIFA that was in, 08 I think).

"Why do EA employ these idiots?" - The level of explaining this is quite simple Sefton, almost as simple as how a line such as ... "the snow is snowing", can get into the game. :rolleyes:[/quote']

:D

Imma go watch that video again I think.

You're right, I think it was FIFA 08. By far the best FIFA for manager mode. I used to love treating it like a manager game and simming everything. Got into a 5th season with Spurs then City, but it would crash after that.

Player Growth, Scouting, upgrading all these different coaches. That was such a good game.

Why did they have to wreck it?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: FIFA 12 Official Thread ttupGR1RhKM Seriously, this guy is too funny. Worth a watch. Hilarious, especially in the manner he just slags Andy Gray, over-enunciates, really goes to town on the

Re: FIFA 12 Official Thread Just though I should let you know about a player who's value will likely rocket. Raffael Cretaro R.o.I Airtricity League Sligo Rovers KSI posted about him on

:D

Imma go watch that video again I think.

He's made a new one. Rather funny yet again' date=' although he really hit the point home last time. This ones still worth a watch.

[center']

xbx5HTm_f9A

[/center]
You're right' date=' I think it was FIFA 08. By far the best FIFA for manager mode. I used to love treating it like a manager game and simming everything. Got into a 5th season with Spurs then City, but it would crash after that.

Player Growth, Scouting, upgrading all these different coaches. That was such a good game.

Why did they have to wreck it?[/quote']

Yep, it was class. I used to always get to about the 7th-10th season, then it would always crash. EA's excuse - corrupt save file. OK... corrupt save file you say, but EVERYTIME!!!??? Leave it out.

Aye mate, everything, apart from "the corrupt save file" issue, was great about that career mode, although I will say, even for that game the ratings where unrealistic to a point. I mean I managed to get Carlos Eduardo and Marcelo Moreno to a 94+ rating!

Looking at the FIFA 12 Career Mode screen-shots, it does look like they're trying to bring an aspect of that back, especially youth through the club, introducing a Youth Academy. Where in FIFA 08, it was more down to your scout, plus your team would get random AI generated youth players each year, which was still pretty cool.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/311973/news/ea-sports-signs-unprecedented-man-city-fifa-deal/

Anyone heard about this, with Man City linking up with EA for FIFA 12. Basically EA will give Man. City a lot more features or whatever, probably the cover for a start.

There'll be mixed opinions on this, but if the features are good for the neutrel's then i'll be pleased with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I hates Career Mode in Fifa 11, you'd get about 6/7 Seasons in, and everybody would be retiring, and there would be nobody coming in to help with your retiring players, you'd have an awful gap when searching for over 80 Players were you'd have about 15 over 30's, 3 29's. 3 28's and nobody else, I do hope they take a leaf out of FM by just adding random players constantly.

The commentary for FIFA 12 sounds quite good, as far as how detailed it is, it can recognise certain players when they get injured and there's unique commentary for quite a number of clubs, in the EA podcast they show a clip of Martin Tyler and Alan Smith talking about Bristol City!

• 3 weeks later...

Link please? Or how did you find this out?

Someone posted on the EA Forums. Here is some pics.

Barcelona best team' date=' ATT 87 MID 85 DEF 86

On the messi image the attributes are

Acceleration

Agility

Balance

Jumping

Reactions

Sprint speed

Stamina

Strength

[img']http://i56.tinypic.com/2ewehae.jpg[/img]

jj9pqr.jpg

Let's hope FIFA gets Alex song's hair right this time, he had blonde hair for ages before fifa11 came out, now he has completely different hair. Watch the space they will give him long blonde hair now when he hasn't got it... They've got higuians and squillacis hair wrong for like 2 years running. (nor bothered about squillaci as I never use him.)

Let's hope FIFA gets Alex song's hair right this time' date=' he had blonde hair for ages before fifa11 came out, now he has completely different hair. Watch the space they will give him long blonde hair now when he hasn't got it... They've got higuians and squillacis hair wrong for like 2 years running. (nor bothered about squillaci as I never use him.)[/quote']

That's nothing to do with EA. That would be the database volunteers fault.

EA have volunteers for every team in the game that give them updates on the players performances for the in-game stats and also appearance, as well as club stature, transfer budgets, line-ups, kit colours and stadium.

EA only change something if the database volunteers alert them something needs changing.