Sign in to follow this  
Kylan N17

FIFA 12 Official Thread

Re: FIFA 12 Official Thread

I don't know if you've made a decision or not yet as I was only reading a few pages ago to find them comments and not the latest ones ' date=' but I'm 3 games away from completing my first season at Athletico Madrid and its been thoroughly enjoyable! Your behind the likes on Mardrid and Barce of course then the chasing group are really close so there's 12/14 hard matches a season I would say although I've struggled and will be lucky to get top 4 at is rate![/quote']

I haven't yet, but Atletico Madrid don't really interest me. Liga BBVA isn't massively competitive and Barcelona are likely to win by 100 points or something crazy. I prefer a smaller side in need of more work, but something that is probably doable. I want to try and set-up a good scouting network somewhere, edging towards Newcastle at the moment, need a little work done but with work can be a real force.

I haven't yet' date=' but Atletico Madrid don't really interest me. Liga BBVA isn't massively competitive and Barcelona are likely to win by 100 points or something crazy. I prefer a smaller side in need of more work, but something that is probably doable. I want to try and set-up a good scouting network somewhere, edging towards Newcastle at the moment, need a little work done but with work can be a real force.[/quote']

If your wanting premiership, then yeah Newcastle would be alright. I wouldn't really know who to be from premiership and under due to it being a whole random selection from there on out and who you personally feel you could do well with but still have fun. I obviously did Preston because I support them and have just got into season 3. Still pretty good and I'm enjoying my time here, not too easy either as I finished about 16th in the championship last season.

Maybe try someone like Blackpool who have a mix of good youth players and some pretty good older players (Phillips etc). Could be a challenge. :)

Good side. How much did that cost you all together?!

I think it comes to about 350k. Only got it by getting really lucky in packs, because I managed to get Fabregas, IF Ramires, Pepe, Lavezzi, Lahm, 41212 Wilshere and Hart. Got a load from them, and playing tournaments too.

Got my copy of Fifa 12 yesterday and after playing a few friendlies I'm looking to start my CM tomorrow. I wanted to go Hibs but after finding out that around 8 members of my first team were going to be out of contract at the end of the season' date=' and the rest of them going out of contract the following year, I think I'm going to have to go someone else.

My PSN is PatrickC_1875 if anyone fancies a game.:)[/font']

I've just completed my first season with Tranmere in which all but 3 players contracts ran out. When I realised this I had already brought in a few players on loan. I managed to get promoted into the championship but my squad was replace by a bunch of youth players. Leaving me having to sign them all back, with no budget to make any new additions.

So I'm starting again today as another team, definitely a top division side. Need to think long and hard about who now.

I haven't yet' date=' but Atletico Madrid don't really interest me. Liga BBVA isn't massively competitive and Barcelona are likely to win by 100 points or something crazy. I prefer a smaller side in need of more work, but something that is probably doable. I want to try and set-up a good scouting network somewhere, edging towards Newcastle at the moment, need a little work done but with work can be a real force.[/quote']

I started with Newcastle, Cabaye + Tiote complement each other so well in midfield. And Ben Arfa was amazing until the first game of the season where Szczesny clattered into him, Ben Arfa gets up and is running it off and all of a sudden I'm forced to substitute him and he's out for 3 months :o. Krul is brilliant too, did replace a lot of the squad with cheaper (wages)/better players though.

Went online at about 1am this morning, First game connections went off again, Everything in my house is in correctly (Wires, Connections)... I think its the game !

Manager Mode Played my first game with EVERTON

Tottenham 0-0 Everton - Happy with that !.. Home against qpr in my second game, Should win :)

Got Shrewsbury in to the Championship in 3 seasons!

Season 1: League 2 - 1st

Season 2: League 1 - 8th

Season 3: League 1 - 5th (play-off winners)

Beat Charlton in the play-off final, decided to take it in to my own hands and played the final despite simming all my other games. Won it 3-0 on proffesional with a Tom Bradshaw hat-trick, wasn't really hard especially having wingers like Ainsworth & Taylor (both have 99 pace and sprint speed).

Shrewsbury Team

Walker (22/67)

Hewitt (19/64) - McGowan (22/68) - Ayling (22/64) - McLaughin (22/68)

Taylor (21/71) - Cairney (23/69) - Wroe (28/68) - Ainsworth (26/69)

Bradshaw (21/68) - Obika (23/71)

Notable Subs: C. McDonald (27/67), S. McCallister (26/67), C. Murphy (21/67)

Top goalscorers: McDonald - 26, Taylor - 18, Cairney - 7, Bradshaw - 7, Obika - 6

Big money signings: Obika - £2 million, Cairney - £1.5m, McLaughin - £1.1 million

Started a CM with EVERTON

Transfers IN:

Lukas Podolski - £19,000,000

Transfers OUT:

Mustafi (Season Loan)

Hibbert - £1,300,000

Bidwell (Season Loan)

Forshaw (Season Loan)

Wallace (Season Loan)

Joseph Yobo £2,500,000

Nsiala (Season Loan)

As you can see, I have gone and let the youngsters out on loan. I decided that we needed a new ST since the departure of Beckford last season and brought in Lukas Podolski. The quality German should add a bit of 'spice' to the team, and hopefully some goals. The suprise star of pre-season has to be Ross Barkley. He has put in great performances throughout our three games and will start against Spurs.

PRE-SEASON RESULTS:

Everton 3-0 SM Caen

Internazionale 3-0 Everton

Everton 4-0 Dijon FCO

We have had numerous offers for Tim Cahill, the highest of those being £12,600,000. We are holding out with him, but are considering offers of 15M+

Will post some Premier League scores and what happened on DD [Deadline Day] soon.

Started an MM on my alt account with Newcastle United on World Class.

Got myself a 5* scout straight away and sold a lot of the deadwood.

Only signing so far is Holger Badstuber for £9m. Only signed him as I had a £10m offer for Steven Taylor but like a complete plank I accidentally rejected it.

Sold so far;

Elliot > St Mirren - 325k

Smith > Novara - 700k

Ameobi > Marseille - £1.4m

Perch > NAC - £1.0m

Inman > Hereford - Loan

Abeid > Walsall - Loan

Richardson > Hereford - Loan

Also looking to shift Lovenkrands before the end of the transfer window and will hopefully sign a new striker soon.

Pre-season was a mixed bag.

Newcastle 2 - 2 Real Sporting

FC Koln 3 - 1 Newcastle

Newcastle 1 - 0 Mallorca

Very tricky start to the season coming up with Arsenal at Home, Sunderland away and Fulham at home before I go to Barnsley in the League Cup.

If I can stay up I'll be happy. World Class against decent sides is pretty tough.

I'm playing the head to head seasons' date=' and every player is a year younger than he is. King is 21, Michael Johnson is 22, Beckford is 26, etc.

Obviously minor, but just wondered if everyone had the same issue.[/quote']

Yeah mate, i also noticed that:S, but then after a few games they seem to change as to how they should be.

Started a CM with EVERTON

Transfers IN:

Lukas Podolski - £19' date='000,000

Transfers OUT:

Mustafi (Season Loan)

Hibbert - £1,300,000

Bidwell (Season Loan)

Forshaw (Season Loan)

Wallace (Season Loan)

Joseph Yobo £2,500,000

Nsiala (Season Loan)

As you can see, I have gone and let the youngsters out on loan. I decided that we needed a new ST since the departure of Beckford last season and brought in Lukas Podolski. The quality German should add a bit of 'spice' to the team, and hopefully some goals. The suprise star of pre-season has to be Ross Barkley. He has put in great performances throughout our three games and will start against Spurs.

PRE-SEASON RESULTS:

Everton 3-0 SM Caen

Internazionale 3-0 Everton

Everton 4-0 Dijon FCO

We have had numerous offers for Tim Cahill, the highest of those being £12,600,000. We are holding out with him, but are considering offers of 15M+

Will post some Premier League scores and what happened on DD [Deadline Day'] soon.

Poor start to the 11/12 season for Everton, but that's usual I guess.

Tottenham 5 - 0 Everton.

Everton 1 - 2 QPR.

We were totally outdominated in the Spurs game, Podolski found it difficult to make an impact throughout. Cahill and Osman were poor, but Coleman and Barkley were my main good players in that match.

Podolski scored his first goal for Everton vs QPR, but DJ Campbell scored a quickfire double for his side to net them a win at Goodison Park.

YESSSSS! First game of the season;

Newcastle 3 - 1 Arsenal.

2 for Demba Ba and a goal for Cabaye on the break with Arsenal chasing the game.

I think I could do pretty decent if I get the striker I'm aiming for who is incredibly fast!

Edit - Got the man I wanted! O.Arellano. 92 acceleration, 90 agility, 89 sprint speed and 80 stamina.

Should rip the lesser defences to shreds!

Poor start to the 11/12 season for Everton' date=' but that's usual I guess.

Tottenham 5 - 0 Everton.

Everton 1 - 2 QPR.

We were totally outdominated in the Spurs game, Podolski found it difficult to make an impact throughout. Cahill and Osman were poor, but Coleman and Barkley were my main good players in that match.

Podolski scored his first goal for Everton vs QPR, but DJ Campbell scored a quickfire double for his side to net them a win at Goodison Park.[/quote']

Started a run of good performances with a win at Ewood Park. Jack Rodwell headed in an 86' minute winner after Lukas Podolski missed a penalty.

Blackburn Rovers 0 - 1 Everton

Everton 3 - 1 Aldershot (LC)

Vellios, Osman and Rodwell were on the scoresheet as Everton run riot over Aldershot.

DEADLINE DAY:

In's :

Ter Stegen - £7,500,000

Out's :

Mucha - £1,400,000

Bit of youth brought into the squad, as Howard is ageing and ter Stegen gets a fantastic rise after 2/3 years. Bargain in my opinion!

EDIT: Howard has just gone a got a training injury. He's out for 6 weeks! Looks like ter Stegen will be in earlier than expected.

Its amazing how much profit I have made in the EPL LB/RB market from buying and re-selling ;)

Who did you buy and for how much?

On my CM:

Everton 4 - 3 Aston Villa

Everton 1 - 0 Wigan

Bristol City 1 - 1 Everton (LC)

Tim Cahill has suffered a pulled hamstring and will be out for 7 days. He will be on the bench for the game at Manchester City. Distin has broken his metatarsal. He will be out for 3 months.

Decided to start my CM with Aston Villa as they have a decent team with a number of good youngsters like Bannan, Delph, Clark etc.

Shifted the deadwood and have brought in these players so far;

Cissokho(78) - £7.9 million

Obraniak(77) - £5.7 million

Traore(75) - £3.75 million

Smith(77) - free

I didn't have any LMs to begin with so that's why Obraniak and Traore have signed. Smith will be my new no2 keeper and Cissokho is an upgrade on Warnock. There's still a few weeks to go in the transfer market so I'm hoping to make one more signing, probably a striker or CB.

Pre season results

Aston Villa 1 - 0 FC Augsburg (Bent)

Catania 0 - 0 Aston Villa

Aston Villa 2 - 2 Lorient (Bent & Agbonlahor)

EPL results

Fulham 2 - 1 Aston Villa

Dissapointing result especially considering Andy Johnson lobbed Given in the 90th minute to get the winner.:rolleyes: We play Blackburn next so hopefully we can get at least a point there.