Can Messi get to 100?

Can Messi get to 100?  

1. 1.

• They will end up lowering the rest to make 99 "higher"
    • They will have to consider adding a "100"
    • Messi cannot improve further
    • They shouldn't have made him 99 yet

Re: Can Messi get to 100?

Messi is an outstanding football player' date=' but there's no such thing as a perfect player - even he makes mistakes.

One would naturally assume mathmatically that 100 is the highest level because it's simply the easiest number to go by in this scenario, if it wasn't im sure players would have been over before. Someone has to draw the line somewhere and it is only natural to assume 100 is that benchmark.[/quote']

I agree with this.

One question would be, should the best player of all time get to 100 on a football simulation game.

I'm not saying Messi is the greatest - but he could get there.

Again, throwing this out there for discussion rather than having heavy views either way.

Bloody Hell - FINALLY' date=' someone who actually read some of the OP.

I'm [b']NOT[/b] saying Messi should be 100.

I'm NOT saying Messi should neccessarily EVER be 100.

I'm saying there is potential for him to improve. If he does improve signifcently then you'd expect something to have to be done.

I was simply opening a debate on this. Sheesh.

Sorry what do you expect with the title ?

You were insinuating that IF he improves will SM increase the max rating.

Sorry what do you expect with the title ?

You were insinuating that IF he improves will SM increase the max rating.

The title is a title. I can understand the responses being "off" with it, but I tend to read a thread before responding, if at not the OP at the very very very least.

You're obviously a hardcore member of the forum with Soccermanager, and your views are respected. They would actually be close to my views if responding to the five word title rather than the OP. It wasn't just you either, everybody seems to have bi-passed the actual OP.

The title is a title. I can understand the responses being "off" with it' date=' but I tend to read a thread before responding, if at not the OP at the very very very least.

You're obviously a hardcore member of the forum with Soccermanager, and your views are respected. They would actually be close to my views if responding to the five word title rather than the OP. It wasn't just you either, everybody seems to have bi-passed the actual OP.[/quote']

In fairness, it's the poll as well. Messi can still improve but the maximum will remain at 99. I'm not entirely sure what the issue is :o Messi will remain at 99 until he drops below the standard he's currently performing at. Ronaldo will remain at 98 unless his performance levels drop significantly below what they are now or he improves to Messi's standards. The 'gap' between 98 and 99 is very ambiguous.

In fairness' date=' it's the poll as well. Messi can still improve but the maximum will remain at 99. I'm not entirely sure what the issue is :o Messi will remain at 99 until he drops below the standard he's currently performing at. Ronaldo will remain at 98 unless his performance levels drop significantly below what they are now or he improves to Messi's standards. The 'gap' between 98 and 99 is very ambiguous.[/quote']

A good point. However, do you not feel there's an issue if Messi improves greatly? If he improves lots but it's not possible for him to rise (or gain a further lead over those around him) then that is a flaw imo.

For me, it doesn't matter in "rating terms" whether he's 1 or 10 ahead of the next best. However, in-game performance wise, if he's a much better player than someone else it should be reflected in the results.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

A good point. However' date=' do you not feel there's an issue if Messi improves greatly? If he improves lots but it's not possible for him to rise (or gain a further lead over those around him) then that is a flaw imo.

For me, it doesn't matter in "rating terms" whether he's 1 or 10 ahead of the next best. However, in-game performance wise, if he's a much better player than someone else it should be reflected in the results.

Just my thoughts on the matter.[/quote']

I don't think it's possible for him to improve 'greatly'. He's won consecutive Champions League titles and is scoring a goal a game on average. I think he can get better but I doubt he'll be able to improve enough to warrant a rise (if he could rise) considering how long SM waited to give him the 99. It shouldn't be possible for him to rise anyway; he's the best player in the world and has the best rating on SM; simple.

I don't really think he is a much better player than the current 97/8 rated players. He's obviously better but the others warrant their ratings too. It goes back to the is 83/4 any less significant than 98/9? Even if you were to increase him again; it only adds another 11th to your team's average rating which isn't really significant.

I reckon Messi's hit the SM peak and whilst he may improve further in real-life, it won't be enough to make SM completely rethink their rating system.

I don't think it's possible for him to improve 'greatly'. He's won consecutive Champions League titles and is scoring a goal a game on average. I think he can get better but I doubt he'll be able to improve enough to warrant a rise (if he could rise) considering how long SM waited to give him the 99. It shouldn't be possible for him to rise anyway; he's the best player in the world and has the best rating on SM; simple.

I don't really think he is a much better player than the current 97/8 rated players. He's obviously better but the others warrant their ratings too. It goes back to the is 83/4 any less significant than 98/9? Even if you were to increase him again; it only adds another 11th to your team's average rating which isn't really significant.

I reckon Messi's hit the SM peak and whilst he may improve further in real-life' date=' it won't be enough to make SM completely rethink their rating system.[/quote']

I think it's a very interesting POV, well explained. I don't fully agree but I repspect your thoughts on the debate.

Messi shouldn't get 100 as that would mean he is the perfect player and he isn't perfect.

but what is a perfect player?

who can play all positions excellently including goalkeeper?

or u mean a perfect forward, who scores a goal every game every season, and scores from his left foot, right foot, head, freekicks, penalties, corners, solo goals, 50m from midfield, etc?

I would say that they won't rethink the whole rating system but if Messi were to improve so much that he would deserve to be rated 2 higher then Ronaldo, then SM would have to reset all the top players with a -1 to keep the status quo ie

Messi - 99

Ronaldo - 97

Xavi, Iniesta - 96

Villa, Eto'o, Vidic... - 95

Rooney, Torres, Essien... - 94

Busquets, Alonso... - 93

without actually dropping them, just shut the database down for a time and redo all the top rated players ratings to account for Messi' improvevment

I would say that they won't rethink the whole rating system but if Messi were to improve so much that he would deserve to be rated 2 higher then Ronaldo' date=' then SM would have to reset all the top players with a -1 to keep the status quo ie

Messi - 99

Ronaldo - 97

Xavi, Iniesta - 96

Villa, Eto'o, Vidic... - 95

Rooney, Torres, Essien... - 94

Busquets, Alonso... - 93

without actually dropping them, just shut the database down for a time and redo all the top rated players ratings to account for Messi' improvevment[/quote']

I'm sure moving Messi to 100 would be much easier than dropping every other player on the database by one :P Never going to happen though...

I'm sure moving Messi to 100 would be much easier than dropping every other player on the database by one :P Never going to happen though...

Yeah it would be easier until you get every Ronaldo fanboy sending SM messages complaining about how much better Ronaldo is then Messi and how Messi hasn't even won the WC so he isn't perfect so he can't be 100, blah blah blah, in which case I'd rather drop everyone :D

Do you guys not feel as though they've dropped the highest ratings a little recently anyway.

I know it's mainly because of the league but the Italians have been chopped right back. There's not nearly as many high rated prem players as there was either. There's maybe not a massive difference but I think ratings have dropped on average a bit over the last couple of years.

If Messi/Ronaldo were to improve lots I personally think they'd rejig it again. Probably over time than an across the board -1 for others. Don't know though, it's going to be interesting to watch.

Ill explain what Messi has to be to get 100, but this works for any player

to get 100 you have to: complete every single pass, win every single tackle, score every single ball, be MOTM every single time then and only then he might get 100, til then 99 is fair... you are acting like 99 is bad, what you dont get is that 99 is the hgihest achieveable rating on anysport game, its impossible to gain perfection in reality as that would mean that everyshot, every pass, everything has to be 100% perfect and there can be no mistakes.

Would you expect anything after 100? Maybe 101, or 102?

I doubt Messi or any other player will reach the triple figures ratings wise. In terms of how the current rating system works, 100 would imply perfection. That's just silly.

A nice thought, and I see where you're coming from etc, but Messi reaching 100 just won't happen.

to get 100 you have to: complete every single pass, win every single tackle, score every single ball, be MOTM every single time then and only then he might get 100, til then 99 is fair... you are acting like 99 is bad, what you dont get is that 99 is the hgihest achieveable rating on anysport game, its impossible to gain perfection in reality as that would mean that everyshot, every pass, everything has to be 100% perfect and there can be no mistakes.

That's fine - but if that's 100, Messi isn't 99.

Would you expect anything after 100? Maybe 101, or 102?

I doubt Messi or any other player will reach the triple figures ratings wise. In terms of how the current rating system works, 100 would imply perfection. That's just silly.

A nice thought, and I see where you're coming from etc, but Messi reaching 100 just won't happen.

Again. I'm not saying Messi should be 100.

I'm not saying Messi should ever be 100 necessarily.

I'm saying that if he continues to develop then there will likely be an effect on the ratings. That affect may just be that current 96 players become 95 - but I would see an affect taking place.

• 2 weeks later...

The only time I think they would introduce '100' rating for Messi is if he has a season like the last, wins the league, wins the champions league, wins a cup AND wins the World Cup with Argentina... which won't be for another 3 years anyway. The World Cup is the only piece missing to Messi's puzzle.

I reckon Messi's hit the SM peak and whilst he may improve further in real-life' date=' it won't be enough to make SM completely rethink their rating system.[/quote']

Consecutive Champs League? I remember Inter winning it 2 yrs ago?

IMO, does Messi deserve 99? Perhaps. Does he get a 100? A sure NO.

Why? He has not won anything with Argentina, which could be his biggest blemish on his resume so far. In fact, i am not even sure if he has contributed enough for the Argentina NT over the years.

Cheers,

Roy

order cheap rx TRAMADOL

1_tram.png

order TRAMADOL in toledo

buy cheapest TRAMADOL in state of new hampshire

purchase cheap TRAMADOL in or

where can i order TRAMADOL without a rx

buying TRAMADOL in state of california

safety buy TRAMADOL

cheapest TRAMADOL in charlotte

purchase cheap TRAMADOL in el monte

generic TRAMADOL online next day

buying TRAMADOL online without a perscription

TRAMADOL buy cod brand

buying cheap TRAMADOL in bangkok

buying TRAMADOL in hong kong

get TRAMADOL in port st. lucie

get cheapest TRAMADOL in saint louis

order cheapest TRAMADOL in karachi

cheapest TRAMADOL in cincinnati

cheap TRAMADOL er for sale with no prescription

buying cheapest TRAMADOL in state of indiana

purchase cheapest TRAMADOL in state of wisconsin

buy TRAMADOL in peoria

purchase TRAMADOL in west covina

purchase cheap TRAMADOL in shreveport

cheap TRAMADOL buy

TRAMADOL cheap 120 pills

order TRAMADOL 1 business day delivery

purchase cheap TRAMADOL in orlando

TRAMADOL buy in ca prescription online

purchase cheapest TRAMADOL in nh

purchase cheapest TRAMADOL in athens

buy TRAMADOL in chicago

get TRAMADOL in fort lauderdale

uk TRAMADOL cheap

cheapest TRAMADOL in santa clarita

get TRAMADOL in jersey city

purchase cheapest TRAMADOL in state of florida

cash on delivery TRAMADOL sat delivery

TRAMADOL ship on saturday

buying TRAMADOL in chennai

buy cheapest TRAMADOL in md

buy cheapest TRAMADOL in cary

buy cheapest TRAMADOL in garden grove

order TRAMADOL in saint petersburg

TRAMADOL in fort lauderdale

or order TRAMADOL purchase mastercard

buy cheap TRAMADOL in cairo

TRAMADOL prescriptions in el paso

cheap TRAMADOL in mo

purchase TRAMADOL in los angeles

buy TRAMADOL in independence

online purchasing TRAMADOL

purchase cheap TRAMADOL in anchorage

free sample TRAMADOL without prescription

TRAMADOL without prescription medications

get cheap TRAMADOL in boston

buy cheapest TRAMADOL in savannah

cheap cod online sold TRAMADOL

order cheapest TRAMADOL in orlando

get cheapest TRAMADOL in sd

buy cheap TRAMADOL in santa rosa

get TRAMADOL in state of tennessee

purchase TRAMADOL in state of arkansas

buy cheapest TRAMADOL in ak

get cheapest TRAMADOL in pueblo

get cheapest TRAMADOL in sunnyvale

cheapest TRAMADOL in state of utah

get cheapest TRAMADOL in san francisco

buying cheap TRAMADOL in mcallen

purchase cheapest TRAMADOL in charlotte

pharmacy TRAMADOL jcb cod accepted maryland

• 3 weeks later...

That's fine - but if that's 100' date=' Messi isn't 99.

Again. I'm not saying Messi should be 100.

I'm not saying Messi should ever be 100 necessarily.

I'm saying that if he continues to develop then there will likely be an effect on the ratings. That affect may just be that current 96 players become 95 - but I would see an affect taking place.[/quote']

Ah I understand what you're saying now.. apologies for missing your point! The thing is, even though what you're saying makes sense, I think it would be harsh of SM to drop other players just because Messi will improve (which he undoubtedly will). If too many players drop in rating SM might have to do a complete overhaul of the ratings system in order to accomodate for ONE player. Just not worth it in my opinion.

For example, a 95 rated player dropping to 94. 95 is a big step above 94. Now if a 95 rated player dropped to 94 merely because of how good Messi is (even if that player deserves his current rating), the rating of 94 would have to have the same definition that 95 has in the current rating system.. if you get me. I could be wrong, just throwing it out there!