Sign in to follow this  
KopStar

English Championship 2797

Took over Rochdale in this setup as part of the 'Rochdale Challenge' and won three consecutive seasons to find myself in Division One which a squad I am very proud of. My next aim is to win the title.

Feel free to post on here.

Would be great if some forumers can join as the setup is really dead.

Managers-

Rochdale- KopStar

Aston Villa- jr231990

Sunderland- NapoliFan

Re: English Championship 2797

Got a 2-2 draw.. a brace from Torres.

Rested Pedro, Higuain and Xavi as they all were NMF but didn't work out too well. Muller, Hazard and Meireles were given some game time.

Sit 7th after 11 games.. was hoping to be a bit higher up the table

MATCH PREVIEW

Rochdale (3rd) vs Wolverhampton Wolves (13th)

Rochdale will entertain Wolves tonight and will be set to continue the rotation policy that has served them well this season. Dani Alves, Sneijder, Pedro and Cambiasso are all expected to return to the starting line-up after playing off the bench in the 4-1 demolition of Wigan. Puyol, Muller, Meireles and Higuain are all expected to be reverted to the bench.

Rochdale are one of the form teams of the division, collecting 14 points from their last 6 games and rising up the table to third. They have scored 18 goals in the last 4 matches (all competitions) and only conceded 4 goals. This includes impressive victories over Manchester United (3-0) and Leyton Orient (8-1) in the cup.

Expected starting line-up: (4-3-3 wingers) Lloris (gk), Alves, Ivanovic, Chiellini, Cissokho- Cambiasso, Sneijder, Xavi©- Pedro, Torres, Hazard. Bench: Hart (GK) Tremoulinas, Juan, Puyol, Muller, Meireles, Falcao

MATCH PREVIEW

GILLINGHAM VS ROCHDALE

SHIELD ROUND 3

After their demolition of Wolves, Rochdale are set to give some players a chance to show what they can do. Players like Romelo Lukaku, March Reus, Mario Gotze and young Uruguayan Johnatan Souza are all set to play. Carlos Puyol is set to return alongside Giorgio Chiellini in a brilliant central defensive pairing. Benoit Tremoulinas is set to return at left back. Joe Hart is set to be reinstated in goals.

Ivanovic, Cissokho, Cambiasso and Xavi are amongst the big names who have not travelled with the squad.

Expected starting line-up (4-3-3 wingers)- Hart (gk)- Souza, Puyol ©, Cheillini, Tremoulinas- Meireles, Gotze, Muller- Reus, Hazard, Falcao. Bench: Llores (gk) Juan, Sneijder, Higuain, Pedro, Torres, Lukaku.

Gillingham 0-3 Rochdale

Goals: Falcao, Muller, Reus

Just missed out on Rossi and Robinho to Man Utd... and Man City have put in a bid for Tevez. Can't bid for any of them as I am in debt.

Would be great if someone joined by now :P

Holger Badstuber recalled from loan

Holger Badstuber had been loaned to Derby County but has barely featured for the rams. However today he was recalled back to Rochdale and is expected to be given a start in the upcoming league fixture against Newcastle United.

Juan leaves

xin_0620606160836406207804.jpg

Rochdale's Juan has ended his second stint in Rochdale colours after he completed his move back to Roma today. The defender has had two stint at Rochdale. His first was during Seasons 2 and 3 where he played 32 games and scored 1 goal. It was in this time that dominated division 2 and 3 attacks and was influential in Rochdale's successive promotions to the top flight. Juan returned in season 6, and has since played 18 more times for Rochdale.

Despite playing some of his best football since his first season at Rochdale, the move was decided upon to allow for youngster Holger Badstuber, who endured a torrid time on loan at Derby to get some game time.

The money from the sale, just under 12 million, is set to be immediately re-invested into the squad, with as many as three new signings being lined up.

Newcastle United 0-2 Rochdale

Goals: Torres, Higuain

Assists: Sneijder (2)

The luxury of having a good enough squad that your bench can consist of Lloris, Alves, Puyol, Havi, Hazard and Falcao and you can still win :)

Table

1. Arsenal 42 points

2. ROCHDALE 35 points

3. Everton 33 points

4. Derby County 28 points

ALEXIS SANCHEZ TO MOVE TO ROCHDALE

Alexis%2BSanchez%2BUdinese.jpg

Speculation has been mounting that Alexis Sanchez would move to Barcelona, but today Rochdale pulled off a huge signing confirming that he will move to Rochdale. The deal will see 3.6million and young German Lewis Holtby move to Udinese in exchange.

Sanchez was delighted with the move stating, 'Rochdale have become the best team in the world. To play alongside to many world class players will be nothing short of a dream come true. There will be lots of competition for places but that only pushes you to play your best all the time. I can't wait to complete the medical and train with the squad.'

With Torres and Falcao fighting for the starting forward place in the 4-3-3- wingers formation, and the likes of Higuain, Pedro, Muller and Hazard amongst some of the names to pose competition for the wings, Sanchez will surely have some competition.

Also set to sign is Mustafa Amini, the young Aussie is set to sign with Borrussia Dortmund in real life.

Liverpool 0-0 Rochdale

Goal Scorers : N/A

Table position: 3rd (fall from 2nd, equal on points with Everton)

Points from 1st: 9

Next match: Coventry City (4th Round Cup)

Also just rejected the Spurs offer.

Rochdale 4-0 Coventry City

Radamel Falcao was simply unplayable notching a goal and three assists. Others to get on the score sheet included Xavi, Meireles and Badstuber.

Now have a Cup Quarter Final against Aston Villa.

Does anyone actually read these?

Since the Coventry game:

Rochdale 2-0 Everton

Goals: Muller, Higuain

Manchester City 0-1 Rochdale

Goal: Xavi

SHEILD ROUND 4: Rochdale 4-2 Newcastle

Goals: Muller (2) Falcao Chiellini

Rochdale 1-0 Derby County

Goal: Ivanovic

League position: 2nd (45 points, 9 from Arsenal and 5 above Everton)

Next Shield match: Quarter final vs Aston Villa (H)

Next Cup match: Quart final vs Aston Villa (H)

Stuttered a bit since the last post. After beating Derby and Fulham 1-0 and 2-0, Rochdale then beat Aston Villa in the Cup. Then I played a very weak side against Boro which resulted in a bore nil-all draw. And it got worse when I lost 1-0 to west Ham.

Order was restored with a highly entertaining 4-3 victory over Aston Villa in the Shield. Doubles to Torres and Xavi won the game for Rochdale.

But we continued to stutter in the league with a 0-0 draw with Spurs, causing us to fall down to 3rd: Our lowest league position since early in the season.

However our third meeting with Villa resulted in a 3-1 win, helping us reclaim second spot. Goals to A.Sanchez, Pedro and Muller won the game.

Got Cup and Shield semi finals against West Ham and Sunderland.

My fixtures in the next few game looks weird again:

West Ham (A) Cup Semi-Final

Arsenal (A)

Sunderland (H)

Sunderland (H) Shield Semi-Final.

The league matcha against Arsenal will be huge as Arsenal are currently miles ahead of the rest of the pack.

Whilst I have won the Cup 3 times before, I have never won the Shield so really hope this is my season.

Transfer wise not much has happened. Been trying to negotiate a deal for Ibrahimovic with Arsenal but the guy is a tough negotiator and only wants Torres + Lukaku.

The offer for Givanildo HULK of FC Porto from Rochdale has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Not the best deal as it costs me 2.2mil and Andrew Ayew (hoping to buy him back)

Lost 4-2 to ladder leaders Arsenal. Pedro with a double.

It was really a six point game. 9 points separated first (Arsenal) from second (Rochdale) and felt we needed these points to stand a chance of winning the title. Wasn't to be as Arsenal extended their lead to 12 points and will find it exceptionally hard to close the gap. Guess my main aim is now to finish second in the league behind Arsenal and win the cup and shield.

Did beat West Ham 3-1 in the Cup semi so will play Spurs in the final.

Also kick off a double header against Sunderland in the league and then shield semi.

Got some nice rises for Damiao, Zen, Saimon and Aloisio

ROCHDALE 1-1 SUNDERLAND

SUNDERLAND WIN 5-4 ON PENALTIES

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

And I won't win the shield for another season. This is after I played a very weak team in the league match before and got belted 4-0

MATCH PREVIEW

ROCHDALE VS CHELSEA

Very weary of Chelsea. They sit 5th on the table and are coming of a 3-0 win. Biggest surprise is that they seem to play Pato on LM. With Ronaldinho and Aguero up front.

Going to try use this to my advantage and attack as much down our right hand side (their left). To do this ive changed our attacking to down right wing and also give Alves an up arrow. So hopefully between Alves and Higuain on the right they will make good use of this.

Going to select a very strong team by making three changes, two in the heart of defence. Yes we kept a clean sheet in the last match but Chelsea are much stronger up front. Carlos Puyol and Chiellini will replace Ivanovic and Howedes. The other will see Xavi be rested and Sneijder, who was rested in the last game, take his place.

So we are playing:

Hart (91)

Alves (95) Puyol (96) Chiellini (94) Cissokho (90)

Cambiasso (95)

Muller(92) Sneijder (95)

Higuain (94)---------------------- Pedro (93)

Falcao (91)

Bench: Hazard (91) A.Sanchez (91) Ivanovic (92) Meireles (91) Badstuber (90) Xavi (97) Hulk (91)

ROCHDALE 4-2 CHELSEA

Goals to:

Pedro (43)

Kaka (48)

Pedro (50)

Puyol (52)

Aguero (74)

Sneijder (75)

Red cards:

Pato (4)

Terry (81)

Really thrilled with this result. Arsenal lost their third consecutive league match in a row so we have managed to close the gap to 6 points.

Also means the team are brimming with confidence ahead of the Cup final against Spurs next up. Most of the team that played against Chelsea are around the 50% fitness mark so most will play against Spurd and a fair few will get rested the next league match.

This match is very important as I have targeted at least one piece of silverware a season. After getting knocked out in the Shield Semi-Final and 6 points adrift in the league, this is our best chance to accomplish that aim.

ENGLISH CUP FINAL

Rochdale 2-1 Tottenham

falcao 2,13

modric 18

Falcao you beauty! Forgot to change tactics so Xavi didn't play and watched the win from the bench

Seem to have really monopolised the cup as my title. In 7 seasons at Rochdale, we have won the cup 4 times.

Still just two things missing from the trophy cabinet.. the premier league title and the shield.

Falcao gave us the lead against Man Utd but then got sent off and Messi and Giggs (penalty) scored late goals to give Utd a 2-1 win

Arsenal got back in form with a 4-0 win over Derby extends the gap to 12 points between us. Everton also won so they are 5 points above us. At least want to be runner up so my form better change.

Good news is that we welcomed back Torres so he can slot back into the starting line-up. Been overplaying my best players and not rotating due to so many important matches in a short time but that will have to happen again.