Official UEFA Euro U21 Championships 2011 Thread

ViF

This tournament gives the youngsters of Europe a chance to show their talents and get a taste of tournament football. Some great players will be playing over the course of the tournament such as Juan Manuel Mata, Javi Martinez, Thiago, Rodwell, Henderson and Jones and many other great players.

So discuss anything about the tournament here:D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Official UEFA Euro U21 Championships 2011 Thread

Anyone watching Switzerland? Shaqiri just scored a great goal to give them the lead over hosts Denmark.

Saw most of the match yesterday. Shaqiri really was the dominant Swiss option going forward. It was even mentioned at HT by the panelists, with the amount of attempts on goal he had in the first half (which came so close), it's only a matter of time before one goes in, that's exactly what happened.

From the Danes, Eriksen looked on it in the first half, showing great technique and vision, but slowly faded in and out in the second, as the Swiss further pushed. Wass also provided to be a good outlet too.

Sommer was brilliant for the Swiss too, stopping any solid attempt of a go-ahead, or equalizer, all except for a last minute, controversial offside goal from the Danes, from Bille, which was ruled off by the linesman for being offside, which in my opinion wasn't, leaving the Danes harshly robbed. I will say the call was too close to call though, so it really could have gone either way.

Looking forward to today. ENGLAND vs SPAIN. Should be cracking.

Spains Team

- De Gea -

- Montoya - Botia - Dominguez - Rosello -

- Thiago Alcantara - Martinez - Herrera -

- Mata - Adrian - Jeffren -

Englands Team

- Fielding -

- Walker - Smalling - Jones - Bertrand -

- Henderson - Mancienne -

- Cleverley - Welbeck - Rose -

- Sturridge -

Kyle Walker without a doubt has been the best player for England, when he gets forward they look a threat.

Bertrand's done fairly well aswell, i'd like to see him join Swansea as rumored. Henderson's done poor, whilst Sturridge is a threat.

Thiago has been the best player on the pitch, everything about him tells you he'll be a future Spanish regular.

I'd like to see Scott Sinclair get brought on the left-wing now in place of Danny Rose. Obviously want to see him play and i think he's more of a threat on the wing then Rose, certainly someone who can find the net.

Kyle Walker without a doubt has been the best player for England' date=' when he gets forward they look a threat.

Bertrand's done fairly well aswell, i'd like to see him join Swansea as rumored. Henderson's done poor, whilst Sturridge is a threat.

Thiago has been the best player on the pitch, everything about him tells you he'll be a future Spanish regular.

[b']I'd like to see Scott Sinclair get brought on[/b] the left-wing now in place of Danny Rose. Obviously want to see him play and i think he's more of a threat on the wing then Rose, certainly someone who can find the net.

Looks like you got your wish:D

Also England get ab equalizer with Welbeck scoring.

Looks like you got your wish:D

Also England get ab equalizer with Welbeck scoring.

Sinclair done ok, a lot better than rose. Only really got the ball twice and on both occasions ran at defenders. I'm possitive Rose was only played as a more defensive option because it was against Spain, i'm certain Sinclair will start from now on - as long as he doesn't get injured.

Sinclair done ok' date=' a lot better than rose. Only really got the ball twice and on both occasions ran at defenders. I'm possitive Rose was only played as a more defensive option because it was against Spain, i'm certain Sinclair will start from now on - as long as he doesn't get injured.[/quote']

Got to agree with you I would start Sinclair, he will have massive amounts of confidence after the play offs and I think he has been better than Rose this season anyway. I would also play Rodwell instead of Mancienne but I doubt it will happen due to him being the captain.

Got to agree with you I would start Sinclair' date=' he will have massive amounts of confidence after the play offs and I think he has been better than Rose this season anyway. I would also play Rodwell instead of Mancienne but I doubt it will happen due to him being the captain.[/quote']

Fielding

Walker Smalling Jones © Bertrand

Rodwell

Albrighton Henderson Sinclair

Welbeck Sturridge

That in my opinion is the best team, against Spain though you'd expect them to change things around to try and prevent Spain from completely running things through the middle of the pitch.

Was looking at the stats after the England game, and i was just blown away as soon as a i saw the two lineups!

The difference in quality is immense, even Spain's bench is so strong. What do people on here realistically feel this team can achieve in the future(England)?

Fantastic goal from Nicolai Jørgensen!!!!! Denmark have been superb, constantly on the attack, some of the play at times has looked fantastic. They've all been fantastic but Eriksen, Wass and Boilesen have been the stand-out performers for me.

Nice to see Pearce has started Sinclair this time around!

And he's probably been the best player to be fair, seemingly every time he has the ball and starts running at defenders England look dangerous. Came closest to scoring and has done what he tends to do, hopefully Sinclair will get the chance he needs to find the net :)

Phil Jones, Kyle Walker, Frank Fielding and Tom Cleverley have also impressed :)