Sign in to follow this  
TheDuffman

New World Championship

Re: New World Championship

If that's the case' date=' I'd happily purchase it. Plus I don't want one of the big boys in Division 1, so would leave the top division up for grabs.[/quote']

If youre buying it, could I please take Dortmund? I know its greedy but the best team I have ever managed in a WC is Aston Villa! :D

That's fine just keen to get it moving.

I think it should replicate the current format?

How do you intend on allocating the teams?

Were not sure yet it will probes be done on who decleard there intrest first with some changes as it is/will be Ians set up and it's only fair he gets first pick :)

Also the set up won't have buying from unmanaged.

From what I can gather from are conversation Ian intends to make the Game World Asap and is just looking for ideas like what rules to have in place and if any certain teams should be removed and put in

If youre buying it' date=' could I please take Dortmund? I know its greedy but the best team I have ever managed in a WC is Aston Villa! :D[/quote']

haa, i want a good team as well, the best ive had is tottenham haha :)

Me and Ian have been talking via Pm and he's very up for buying it in a custom form' date=' I personally think this is a good idea stops some idiots getting in and wrecking the set up and also saves peoples money. I think he will renewing his gold as from the message he sent me.

Basically we were thinking should we use the clubs from a normal standard WC or should we add some other clubs/take some clubs out ?[/quote']

I think you should change it a little to put your own touch on it, like Anno Domini, where there's only 16 teams per league, not saying do that as its up to you and Ian.

Also can we maybe have a random draw for this? Id prefer a big team myself, in particular a Man Utd as I have no big teams lol, but it dont bother me either way.

Ian

Didnt you say that your GM was running out and you wasent going to renew?

I let it go to -1 day remaining then had to renew :D

Doing too well with Marseille (GC115), Udinese (GC63), Aston Villa (GC82), and Dortmund (81) to leave now.

Just get annoyed with SMFA and think why bother sometimes but its too hard to leave clubs that you really enjoy.

If anyone has a problem with me buying a custom for this then just say so now. I don't want to waste £10 for nothing.

This is what I propose:

1. I'll purchase a custom instead of a standard

Reason: We can protect unmanaged clubs from being raided and stop people like Hammer joing and wrecking clubs.

2. Set to invite only on creation

3. Change to private application at agreed announced time to give everyone a fair chance of getting a club that interests them.

4. Possibly: Tweak participating clubs from standard world championship by swapping weaker clubs for stronger ones.

5. Possibly: Organise divisions according to squad value.

Please discuss and let me know either way. This is your game world too and I'm not trying to step on anyones toes here. It is just a suggestion and I'm happy to step back if asked.

Have similar teams , maybe drop a few in and out to give a more round the world feel or maybe just the ebst valued etc.

As i'm sure everyone else does , i fancy a big side but i know the chances are slim :P

Were not sure yet it will probes be done on who decleard there intrest first with some changes as it is/will be Ians set up and it's only fair he gets first pick :)

Also the set up won't have buying from unmanaged.

From what I can gather from are conversation Ian intends to make the Game World Asap and is just looking for ideas like what rules to have in place and if any certain teams should be removed and put in

It's a good ideea and as I don't have a big teams in forum championships,can I have United,Inter,RM or Barcelona?Only if you're going to made a private championship.

I think you should change it a little to put your own touch on it' date=' like Anno Domini, where there's only 16 teams per league, not saying do that as its up to you and Ian.

Also can we maybe have a random draw for this? Id prefer a big team myself, in particular a Man Utd as I have no big teams lol, but it dont bother me either way.[/quote']

Yeah I like 16 teams in a league Idea does make everything a bit more competitive with the relegation spots and the promotion spots being closer.

I haven't discussed the disribution of teams with Ian yet but it will be fair and everyone will have there chance to get the team they want.

If you're going along with this custom world can i get real madrid or bayern?

Can we avoid from messages like this until everything is confimed :P

I know your all up for getting a team just need to sort out some of the features first ;)

What does everyone think about this

(four divisions) 16 teams in a league?(Arfons idea)

No buying from unmanaged?

Private application

Concerns are on/off ?

Idiots won't be allowed In :P

What's everyones thoughts

Doing too well with Marseille (GC115)' date=' Udinese (GC63), Aston Villa (GC82), and Dortmund (81) to leave now.

Just get annoyed with SMFA and think why bother sometimes but its too hard to leave clubs that you really enjoy.

If anyone has a problem with me buying a custom for this then just say so now. I don't want to waste £10 for nothing.

This is what I propose:

Reason: We can protect unmanaged clubs from being raided and stop people like Hammer joing and wrecking clubs.

3. Change to private application at agreed announced time to give everyone a fair chance of getting a club that interests them.

4. Possibly: Tweak participating clubs from standard world championship by swapping weaker clubs for stronger ones.

Please discuss and let me know either way. This is your game world too and I'm not trying to step on anyones toes here. It is just a suggestion and I'm happy to step back if asked.[/quote']

sounds like a good idea :) how about we start a list of who is managing each club?? :)

please could i have barcelona?? :D

and duffman, those conditions look good, i think concerns should be on as well :)

Doing too well with Marseille (GC115)' date=' Udinese (GC63), Aston Villa (GC82), and Dortmund (81) to leave now.

This is what I propose:

Please discuss and let me know either way. This is your game world too and I'm not trying to step on anyones toes here. It is just a suggestion and I'm happy to step back if asked.[/quote']

Im agree, it will stop people like L.Donovan to join and ruined teams. :)

Yeah I like 16 teams in a league Idea does make everything a bit more competitive with the relegation spots and the promotion spots being closer.

I haven't discussed the disribution of teams with Ian yet but it will be fair and everyone will have there chance to get the team they want.

Can we avoid from messages like this until everything is confimed :P

I know your all up for getting a team just need to sort out some of the features first ;)

What does everyone think about this

(four divisions) 16 teams in a league?(Arfons idea)

No buying from unmanaged?

Private application

Concerns are on/off ?

Idiots won't be allowed In :P

What's everyones thoughts

Sounds good, as long as it's competitive I'm all in

This is what I propose:

All sounds good - are you going to have clubs given on a first come first serve basis? Or is it about when you showed an interest on this thread? I showed an interest quite a while back if so ;)

Really though - it's not just about the team you get, it's also about the standard of the game world, so I'd be in with whatever team is available.

Could you make it random? Or would too many people freak???

I think that's a good idea! Been trying to get a good team in a forum-based game world for some time now! I'd be interested if i got a good team? I'll even help you set it up.

Private application is definitely the best way to set this thing up you should make a list and see how many committed managers want to join this setup?

If you want any ideas from me, just simply send me a PM mate i'll be pleased to help!

All sounds good - are you going to have clubs given on a first come first serve basis? Or is it about when you showed an interest on this thread? I showed an interest quite a while back if so ;)

Really though - it's not just about the team you get' date=' it's also about the standard of the game world, so I'd be in with whatever team is available.

Could you make it random? Or would [b']too many people freak???[/b]

Thats right Mark, we need commited managers here. Not quitters, lossers, and conehead people :D

Thats right Mark' date=' we need commited managers here. Not quitters, lossers, and conehead people :D[/quote']

Yeah - of course we all want a decent team (though it's often more fun to take a **** team and turn them into a decent team :D) but really a forum filled GW is all about the banter and the competition. If you only want in if you can be BARCA or MADRID then you probably won't last the course when you only get LEVERKUSEN or some such. I'd love a top top team but I'd be happy just to be in the GW

Yeah - of course we all want a decent team (though it's often more fun to take a **** team and turn them into a decent team :D) but really a forum filled GW is all about the banter and the competition. If you only want in if you can be BARCA or MADRID then you probably won't last the course when you only get LEVERKUSEN or some such. I'd love a top top team but I'd be happy just to be in the GW

i would like a good team like real madrid or barcelona, but i think the random selection idea is a good one :D

however, how would we make sure it really is random? :P

i would like a good team like real madrid or barcelona' date=' but i think the random selection idea is a good one :D

[b']however, how would we make sure it really is random?[/b] :P

Maybe Ian could privately put a random number next to each team and we choose a number and get the team with that number?

Eg. If I chose 17, and he put Sevilla as 17, then I'd get Sevilla. Just a thought. :)

Maybe Ian could privately put a random number next to each team and we choose a number and get the team with that number?

Eg. If I chose 17' date=' and he put Sevilla as 17, then I'd get Sevilla. Just a thought. :)[/quote']

I'm scared of the random idea, I hate puny stadiums, they annoy me to hell.

But random is fair.

I don't think random is a good idea! If people come in a random and were expecting a good team and get Tottenham or Villa for example, they could turn around and say they don't want to join.

I think Ian should make a list of all the teams and list down the players name at the side of the club who has got the club, then we know for definite how many managers there will be in the setup.

First we need to decide what teams are going to be in the gameworld and how we decide who gets a pick of the teams.

I've private messaged Ian to put a few points across and see what he thinks so i'm just waiting for a reply now.

I dont want Barca and Madrid, they absolutelly RUBBISH :D

Juve is my target, but if i get another rubbish team iam okay. Almost all of my team in forumer gameworlds is rubbish.. :D