Sign in to follow this  
TheDuffman

New World Championship

Re: New World Championship

Just an idea - why not decide who's definately in, then let each person choose a team, then allocate the teams randomly. Surely no-one is going to choose a team they wouldn't want to manage themselves, so all the teams should be pretty decent? As the game world creator it's only fair to let Ian choose his own team if he wants to. And maybe the same for DUFFMAN, but that's up to Ian I guess. What do you think?

I don't think random is a good idea! If people come in a random and were expecting a good team and get Tottenham or Villa for example' date=' they could turn around and say they don't want to join.

I think Ian should make a list of all the teams and list down the players name at the side of the club who has got the club, then we know for definite how many managers there will be in the setup.

First we need to decide what teams are going to be in the gameworld and how we decide who gets a pick of the teams.

I've private messaged Ian to put a few points across and see what he thinks so i'm just waiting for a reply now.[/quote']

Good point - we'd al like to only have managers who are committed to whatever team they get, but its going to be hard to make it happen...

That said, the randomness would certainly make it interesting and would be the best option as long as we could guarantee people not quitting.

I don't think random is a good idea! If people come in a random and were expecting a good team and get Tottenham or Villa for example' date=' they could turn around and say they don't want to join.

I think Ian should make a list of all the teams and list down the players name at the side of the club who has got the club, then we know for definite how many managers there will be in the setup.

First we need to decide what teams are going to be in the gameworld and how we decide who gets a pick of the teams.

I've private messaged Ian to put a few points across and see what he thinks so i'm just waiting for a reply now.[/quote']

WHOA! Anyone would stick with Villa

Ok guys - gotta go to work now :( But just so you know - I'm very interested. If I'm in, and we are picking, then I'd like SANTOS. Think it would be a great challenge :D If it's gonna be random, then obviously I'll take whoever. DON'T MISS ME OUT IAN WILL YOU??? :)

If you only want to manage Madrid or Barca, go join a newly opening WC or EC.

this game world is for people who want to join a busy game world.

I for one would rather have people who enjoy competition rather than people who will only join if they get a top top team.

The random idea for me sounds best. Ian get's his pick of club as he's paying for this, and Duffman get's his pick as he is the founder/creator.

The other teams can be generated randomly IMO. if we are doing 16 teams in each league, then numbers 1-62, with Ian and Duffman chosing which club represents which number privately.

Then people can request a number. When all taken, teams are revealed, and if people wish to swap, give them say 24 hours to do so, but they must PM Ian of Dman to tell them?

I dunno, just an idea.

Forget all of these ideas you cant please everyone all of the time jsut let Duffman sort it out in his own good time

Me and Ian agreed that he'd buy the set up as I cant get the money together due to things outside of sm being more important so Ian kindly asked if he could make it a custom which I agreed with as it saves everyone money plus it will be open sooner and it stops idiots getting in like L.Donovan in 10000 :)

If you only want to manage Madrid or Barca' date=' go join a newly opening WC or EC.

I for one would rather have people who enjoy competition rather than people who will only join if they get a top top team.

The random idea for me sounds best. Ian get's his pick of club as he's paying for this, and Duffman get's his pick as he is the founder/creator.

The other teams can be generated randomly IMO. if we are doing 16 teams in each league, then numbers 1-62, with Ian and Duffman chosing which club represents which number privately.

Then people can request a number. When all taken, teams are revealed, and if people wish to swap, give them say 24 hours to do so, but they must PM Ian of Dman to tell them?

I dunno, just an idea.[/quote']

Totally agree. My lucky number is 13 :D

If you only want to manage Madrid or Barca' date=' go join a newly opening WC or EC.

I dunno, just an idea.[/quote']

Agreed mate,good ideea.

Me and Ian agreed that he'd buy the set up as I cant get the money together due to things outside of sm being more important so Ian kindly asked if he could make it a custom which I agreed with as it saves everyone money plus it will be open sooner and it stops idiots getting in like L.Donovan in 10000 :)

Yeah, i dont want him and people like him in this gw :)

Fair enough mate iv missed quite a lot since i said i was interested. Would still be happy to join :)

How about this for an idea... all the good teams go in a random pot for the people linked to this forum the longest... say the top 10... Real, Barca, Milan, Inter, Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Bayern, Juventus.

Then make a list on the forum of the rest of the teams and the rest of the teams come on a first come, first served basis?

How about this for an idea... all the good teams go in a random pot for the people linked to this forum the longest... say the top 10... Real' date=' Barca, Milan, Inter, Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Bayern, Juventus.

Then make a list on the forum of the rest of the teams and the rest of the teams come on a first come, first served basis?[/quote']

how are you going to judge who has been linked to the thread the longest? purely on who had the first posts?? because that wouldn't really represent who has really been most active will it :P

how are you going to judge who has been linked to the thread the longest? purely on who had the first posts?? because that wouldn't really represent who has really been most active will it :P

Well i don't know... surely duffman and ian will know whos been the most active in this thread? :confused:

How about this for an idea... all the good teams go in a random pot for the people linked to this forum the longest... say the top 10... Real' date=' Barca, Milan, Inter, Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Bayern, Juventus.

Then make a list on the forum of the rest of the teams and the rest of the teams come on a first come, first served basis?[/quote']

I don't like the ideea,it's unfair for people who play this game 4-5 years ago but they made a forum account 1 month ago.It's my opinion!The number ideea it's better!

Right. To all you newbies;

Lay off. Stop demanding things. Ye are all a bunch of unrealistic selfish gits. It's Duffman, and Ian's set-up and idea, so just stop smooching off them and demanding. It's bloody annoying. If ye're so keen on getting the top bloody teams, go away and make your own set-up, stop making the rules to suit ye. It's not your diea, so just let Duff and Ian to it. They're very nice guys who are trying to piece a set-up together, and as usual, al the new kids on the block who are trying to establish themselves are being idiotic prats.

Get a life, and leave them upto it.

Oh, I'm intersted in joining, but only if it's a sensible league and not full of clowns.

Too many people are suggesting to many ideas now. I think the idea of teams being given out based on how long you'v been on the fourm/active on this thread is stupid and very very unfair.

Once again not everyone is going to be happy with who they get or how things are done please enough ideas lets leave it to Ian and Duffman

Lay off. Stop demanding things. Ye are all a bunch of unrealistic selfish gits. It's Duffman' date=' and Ian's set-up and idea, so just stop smooching off them and demanding. It's bloody annoying. If ye're so keen on getting the top bloody teams, go away and make your own set-up, stop making the rules to suit ye. It's not your diea, so just let Duff and Ian to it. They're very nice guys who are trying to piece a set-up together, and as usual, al the new kids on the block who are trying to establish themselves are being idiotic prats.

Oh, I'm intersted in joining, but only if it's a sensible league and not full of clowns.[/font']

well said rob ;) dont worry mate no idiots are getting in and most of the people who are demanding teams now are just getting ignored :)

this is another reason why we have made it a custom to stop people who are irritating getting into the set up , everyone will have a fair chance at getting a team the number idea is one which i really like as it does give some excitment to the selection process.

edit: it wont be done on how long you have been on the forum thats just unfair as it stops the newer forumers getting there fair pick when some we're quick to annonce intrest.

also Arfon if we do go along with the number idea i think that a time limit is a must now you've mentioned it thats a very good idea , will stop confusion :)

Lay off. Stop demanding things. Ye are all a bunch of unrealistic selfish gits. It's Duffman' date=' and Ian's set-up and idea, so just stop smooching off them and demanding. It's bloody annoying. If ye're so keen on getting the top bloody teams, go away and make your own set-up, stop making the rules to suit ye. It's not your diea, so just let Duff and Ian to it. They're very nice guys who are trying to piece a set-up together, and as usual, al the new kids on the block who are trying to establish themselves are being idiotic prats.

Oh, I'm intersted in joining, but only if it's a sensible league and not full of clowns.[/font']

I quote from Ians last post: Please discuss and let me know either way. This is your game world too and I'm not trying to step on anyones toes here. It is just a suggestion and I'm happy to step back if asked.

I am discussing probable ideas and putting ideas forward to him like he asked and has asked a couple of pages back in the thread. If i wanted a good team, i would reserve one in a gameworld, but i don't, i want to be in an active gameworld with a forum i don't care what team i get, as long as the banter is good.

I think the numbers idea is bad because there are several flaws: what if someone picks the same number? 1-62... you can't tell me two people aren't going to pick the same number at least once?; people who are only interested in getting a good team will pick a number and when they have been given a worser team than they expected, they will say they don't want to join, i think the best way to do this is the 10 most active members in this forum goes into a pot for the 10 best teams and each pick a number at random, then post a list of the rest of the teams on this forum and firstcome, firstserved. JUST AN IDEA for all those hypocrites out there... Rob Walshe.