Sign in to follow this  
Dashwolf

My crusade to counter the 4-2-3-1

Re: My crusade to counter the 4-2-3-1

a suggestion

the 4231 teams seems to always play defensive so that when they attack the players they put are limited and if you have a DM of two it can stop them from scoring, and if you put all over as pressing then you will have the majority of poessision and more chance of attack

so one of the team in my gameword uses 442 diamond and attacking-all over to counter 4231 and they successed in it, beating a team 3 average rating higher and the winning team's match rating is much higher

the 4231 teams seems to always play defensive

the goliath i'm up against plays attacking though, so i'm unsure how to perceive your suggestion. in fact, he recently acquired xavi too. all i can hope for is xavi to break a leg and be out for a few months.. :rolleyes:

tried 4-2-2-2 ??

no offense but on what basis is your rational for using a 4-2-2-2?

i can't see how while having 2 marking on the 2 volates and possibly 2 marking the AM, thus allowing full wing play for the 4-2-3-1 to be even more effective?

No offence but I think you've got way too much time on your hands. Everyone should know by now that the match engine is little more than a (weighted) dice-rolling exercise. The fact that you expend so much time and effort trying to use 'tactics' to overcome a much higher rated team to no avail and then... voila! You beat them with a default 4-4-2.

Sorry but until SM fulfill their previous promise and introduce a more sophisticated model we're all just wasting our time tactically.

I only manage 2 teams, compared to the number of teams you manage, surely you have more time on your hands. And only having to encounter the particular formation twice a season (not counting cups), which only leads to me having to rack my brains roughly 6 times in a year. Out of the 365 days, if I have time to post hogwash, I would much rather use my time better.

That being said, who's to say that I can't enrich my sm game with constructive thinking on the tactical side of things (hence the aptly named tactical section).

If the tactics section isn't for you, you should run along to the the player talent section to buy all those risers for your teams before you get denied. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I only manage 2 teams' date=' compared to the number of teams you manage, surely you have more time on your hands. And only having to encounter the particular formation twice a season (not counting cups), which only leads to me having to rack my brains roughly 6 times in a year. Out of the 365 days, if I have time to post hogwash, I would much rather use my time better.

That being said, who's to say that I can't enrich my sm game with constructive thinking on the tactical side of things (hence the aptly named tactical section).

If the tactics section isn't for you, you should run along to the the player talent section to buy all those risers for your teams before you get denied. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.[/quote']

You miss the point: the match engine is pants! You might as well pontificate on the number of angels that can dance on the head of a pin. Are you seriously deluded enough to think that your can micro manage little one-on-one game scenarios?

"Constructive thinking on the tactical side of things" would only have any relevance if the tactics meant anything - they don't. Which is why I would rather spend my time building the best team possible and winning things - which I do - regularly. I'll happily spend time here when there is a viable match engine. Then I will look forward to going head to head with you tactically rather than playing pretend with the glorified coin toss we have now.

Serious Help needed

I manage Everton in my gameworld n this is my 2nd season but the problem is am confused and do nt have a diffinite stronge formation yet. I play 4-4-1-1. 1.Reina, 2.Sagna, 3.Clichy, 4.Westerman, 5.Badstuber, 6.Y. M'vila, 7.A.Young, 8.Hamsik, 9.Aguero/Pazzini, 10.Gignac, 11.Hazard. Sub-Rodwell,Medel,Kristensen,Lewandowski,S.sam, L.Baines(inj), Benzema(inj), Renan Gk, D.jonathan. Pls which formation can I play wit tactic and who among my players is good in freekick n playmaking. Thanks

i can't see how while having 2 marking on the 2 volates and possibly 2 marking the AM' date=' thus allowing full wing play for the 4-2-3-1 to be even more effective?[/quote']

excuse me my English

just asked for asking

because in a league of my biggest rival uses 4-2-2-2

and I'm riding in a team 4-2-3-1

casillas -- dani alves - vidic - t. silva - marcelo -- x. alonso - shweinser - robben - iniesta - c. ronaldo -- eto'o

a suggestion

the 4231 teams seems to always play defensive so that when they attack the players they put are limited and if you have a DM of two it can stop them from scoring' date=' and if you put all over as pressing then you will have the majority of poessision and more chance of attack

[/quote']

Why is that? I hate defensive football lol

i usually play 3-5-2 as my main formation and always be beaten by 4-2-3-1 (well..not always but most of em)

Many of my main competitor tends to use this formation (4-2-3-1) as well

More over, the match will run tonight

Firstly, I was planning to use 4-2-4 to beat him

but i changed my mind to use 5-4-1 now

and see what will happen

ps. i saw the unmanaged team using 4-3-3 beat him by 2 goals with 52% possession and 6 more total shots...but i personally dont like 4-3-3 :P

i usually play 3-5-2 as my main formation and always be beaten by 4-2-3-1 (well..not always but most of em)

Many of my main competitor tends to use this formation (4-2-3-1) as well

More over' date=' the match will run tonight

Firstly, I was planning to use 4-2-4 to beat him

but i changed my mind to use 5-4-1 now

and see what will happen

ps. i saw the unmanaged team using 4-3-3 beat him by 2 goals with 52% possession and 6 more total shots...but i personally dont like 4-3-3 :P[/quote']

I also usually use my 3-5-2 with Liverpool, with an average of 94

and lost to a 4-2-3-1 with an average of 90-91

I will test and now 4-2-3-1 with my Flamengo

a suggestion

the 4231 teams seems to always play defensive so that when they attack the players they put are limited and if you have a DM of two it can stop them from scoring' date=' and if you put all over as pressing then you will have the majority of poessision and more chance of attack

so one of the team in my gameword uses 442 diamond and attacking-all over to counter 4231 and they successed in it, beating a team 3 average rating higher and the winning team's match rating is much higher[/quote']

I successed using 442 diamond, beating the team 1:0 with similar ratings

I have finally cracked it....

5-3-2 (Normal)

Hard

Defensive

Short

Mixed

Fast

All Over

CA - Tight Marking - Use Playmaker

Used 3 times and battered the 4-2-3-1 opposition (Decent teams...Real Madrid / Bayern) on 3 occasions. Lastly with a 4-0 away win against Real Madrid the runaway league leaders :D

Try It!

4-3-3 wingers.... 4-2-3-1 is my ultimate favorite formation to play. I just got killed 4-0 to a Pool team using it (same team that just won the league with 2 losses the season before) (attacking style) but still, it's probably the one formation I rarely ever beat.

i can't see how while having 2 marking on the 2 volates and possibly 2 marking the AM' date=' thus allowing full wing play for the 4-2-3-1 to be even more effective?[/quote']

I just beat the 4-2-3-1 using 4-2-2-2

This tactical thred is so well presented with a good amount of examples to be able to proove that a 4-5-1 defensive works well against the 4-2-3-1.

If we could bring together a guide like this for different formations i think it would be a great addition to the forum...what do others think?

using a 4-2-3-1 formation requires a very solid defense n players that can bed used in counter-attacking. I have used formation like 3-5-2, 4-2-2-2,5-4-1 and a 4-4-2 and beat a team that uses 4-2-3-1 on a regular basis.

In short, to beat a team that uses 4-2-3-1.One team needs to use players that are very strong in attack.

I'm fairly new to the game. (less than a year) but when I come against a better team (1-3 better) and they are playing a 4-2-3-1 then I use a 4-5-1 defensive. Longball/defensive minded/hard tackling. I beat a liverpool team 1-0 in which i was clearly outclassed. I believe 93(liverpool) 89 me. Stats were close, 51% possession for my side. Shots were on there side clearly but couldn't seem to score.

This thread has opened my eyes though to my better teams and using the 4-2-3-1 havent really used it in the past, using 3-5-2 against computer. and using 4-3-3wingers on others.

Hey man, post some more of your match results, please. Would like to see what to use against this formation today as I've got this tonight and I'm wondering if I should use your 4-5-1 defensive or evansuk2000's 5-3-2. I guess I'm gonna go with his since he's won 3 times against a 4-2-3-1 with it:

z3Z9R.jpg

I have finally cracked it....

5-3-2 (Normal)

Hard

Defensive

Short

Mixed

Fast

All Over

CA - Tight Marking - Use Playmaker

Used 3 times and battered the 4-2-3-1 opposition (Decent teams...Real Madrid / Bayern) on 3 occasions. Lastly with a 4-0 away win against Real Madrid the runaway league leaders :D

Try It!

Here's the formation.