Wilshere is a... (Rating Wise)

Lordy -RBA-

Wilshere is a... (Rating Wise)  

1. 1.

Re: Wilshere is a... (Rating Wise)

I've always been able to predict most of the players' ratings and that's why i have a wonderful arsenal team without checking the forum or asking questions. i have to confess that i expected a 90 or a 91 because i know that sm doesn't rate the players based mainly on statistics but also for the performances . anyway , i'm sure wilshere will get a rise in the next rating changes . this is my first post :)

Wilshere and Arsenal have been in fantastic form since the last english review....

Oh wait.... they crashed out of 3 cup competitions and capitulated in the league, and were there or there abouts on relegation form. :rolleyes:

Biggest mistake in SM ? Get real and try to look past the fact he plays for Arsenal.

I kind of expected, and wanted a rise i should i add. But i totally understand why he didnt. He will undoubtedly get a rise come next english ratings, he is unbelievably talented, whats the rush though ?

Should have been made at least 90 this morning. Disgrace that it didnt happen. One of worst mistakes I have seen on this game.
I've always been able to predict most of the players' ratings and that's why i have a wonderful arsenal team without checking the forum or asking questions. i have to confess that i expected a 90 or a 91 because i know that sm doesn't rate the players based mainly on statistics but also for the performances . anyway ' date=' i'm sure wilshere will get a rise in the next rating changes . this is my first post :)[/quote']

Just because Wilshere didn't rise this morning it doesn't mean he won't rise this rating change. It is only Tuesday and players can change at ANY time during the review. I wouldn't be too hasty to say a mistake has been made.

In answer to the question of the thread I would say that 89/90 is about right for Wilshere at this time. Given he appears to be first choice for England as well as Arsenal now then maybe 90 more than 89.

Wilshere and Arsenal have been in fantastic form since the last english review....

Oh wait.... they crashed out of 3 cup competitions and capitulated in the league' date=' and were there or there abouts on relegation form. :rolleyes:

Biggest mistake in SM ? Get real and try to look past the fact he plays for Arsenal.

I kind of expected, and wanted a rise i should i add. But i totally understand why he didnt. He will undoubtedly get a rise come next english ratings, he is unbelievably talented, whats the rush though ?[/quote']

Just because Arsenal had a major dip in form towards the end of the season shouldnt mean that his rating suffers. His rating is below the average for a starting Arsenal player yet he has been one of the best.

He has won the PFA young player of the year award and has won a place in the starting 11 of the England National team. Its not as if we are saying why has he not gone from 91 to 92 after the season he has had, he is 89!!! So under rated. I stand by what I said, one of worst mistakes I have seen SM make

Just because Arsenal had a major dip in form towards the end of the season shouldnt mean that his rating suffers. His rating is below the average for a starting Arsenal player yet he has been one of the best.

He has won the PFA young player of the year award and has won a place in the starting 11 of the England National team. Its not as if we are saying why has he not gone from 91 to 92 after the season he has had' date=' he is 89!!! So under rated. I stand by what I said, one of worst mistakes I have seen SM make[/quote']

LOL.

It was hardly a blip of 2/3 games. It resulted in them throwing away the league cup final, going from a strong position in the league, to finishing fourth and crashing out the FA cup and UCL.

Since the carling cup final they have won 3 out of 15 games in all competitions. One of which was against Leyton Orient. :rolleyes: Definitely NOT a blip. Where teams finish and what they achieve, does influence the rating of players. Im not saying he hasnt done enough to perhaps rise to 90, im citing reasons why he didnt.

The very fact you think he should be a 91/92 reassures me that you dont understand this game or how the rating system works, and in general dont grasp how to judge a players performance. I dont mean that as an insult, but you cant.

He rose to 89 in his first full season of playing football at Arsenal.... thats still a high rating. EPL gets reviewed 3/4 times a season, so when he continues to play he will rise. The fact is he didnt perform to a good enough standard IMO in those last 3 months to warrant a rise.

Clearly NOT one of the worst mistakes SM has made.

LOL.

It was hardly a blip of 2/3 games. It resulted in them throwing away the league cup final' date=' going from a strong position in the league, to finishing fourth and crashing out the FA cup and UCL.

Since the carling cup final they have won 3 out of 15 games in all competitions. One of which was against Leyton Orient. :rolleyes: Definitely NOT a blip. Where teams finish and what they achieve, does influence the rating of players. Im not saying he hasnt done enough to perhaps rise to 90, im citing reasons why he didnt.

The very fact you think he should be a 91/92 reassures me that you dont understand this game or how the rating system works, and in general dont grasp how to judge a players performance. I dont mean that as an insult, but you cant.

He rose to 89 in his first full season of playing football at Arsenal.... thats still a high rating. EPL gets reviewed 3/4 times a season, so when he continues to play he will rise. The fact is he didnt perform to a good enough standard IMO in those last 3 months to warrant a rise.

Clearly NOT one of the worst mistakes SM has made.[/quote']

First of all you clearly cant read. I did not say for he should be 91/92 rated now. Infact I think its you that doesnt understand the rating system. Usually, you will see players rise faster whilst they are lower rated, its much easier to go from 87-88-89-90 than it is to go rise further. If Wilshere was already 91 then we wouldnt be having this debate because people wouldnt have such a knee jerk reaction to him not rising. The fact that he is only 89 is why there is so much frustration within the SM community. Charlie Adam was relegated with Blackpool this sesaon, and yes he played extremally well and in my opinion deserved to rise, but having finished 18th in the Prem he is just 1 rating behind Wilshere now?

How do you explain that? Over the course of a season his side was 14 places lower than Arsenal yet he has risen to 88 when Wilshere is just 89.

I know exactly how to judge a players performance, I know the criteria set out by SM with regards to rating increases - one of which is personal achievements. Wilshere won the PFA young player of the year award, that was voted by his fellow professionals. I think they are a good jury in this situation dont you.

The main factors that contribute to an up-rating include:

Individual awards and accolades; YES (PFA Young Player of the Year, PFA Team of the Year)

Domestic honours; NO

Continental honours; NO

International honours; NO

Domestic experience; YES (Breakout season for Arsenal)

Continental experience; YES (Played for Arsenal in the Champions League)

International experience; YES (First full England Caps (5))

Reaching the next stage in their career (e.g proving themselves in a higher division or at a continental/international level). All of the above basically fall under reaching the next stage in his career

The majority of players will not have their rating changed unless they fall into the above categories. Also players will not have their rating changed purely on playing time (minutes accumulated) unless they fall into the above categories.

The main factors that contribute to an up-rating include:

Individual awards and accolades; YES (PFA Young Player of the Year' date=' PFA Team of the Year)[/i']

Domestic honours; NO

Continental honours; NO

International honours; NO

Domestic experience; YES (Breakout season for Arsenal)

Continental experience; YES (Played for Arsenal in the Champions League)

International experience; YES (First full England Caps (5))

Reaching the next stage in their career (e.g proving themselves in a higher division or at a continental/international level). All of the above basically fall under reaching the next stage in his career

The majority of players will not have their rating changed unless they fall into the above categories. Also players will not have their rating changed purely on playing time (minutes accumulated) unless they fall into the above categories.

I can only assume that your trying to justify Wilsheres rating with this?

If so I could find you hundreds of players that have risen having not hit every criteria in that list.

As far as im concerned he has taken a major step forward in his career, played consistantly well all season and has been one of the best players at a top 4 club. Therefore his rating (given he is only 89) should have risen.

First of all you clearly cant read. I did not say for he should be 91/92 rated now. Infact I think its you that doesnt understand the rating system. Usually' date=' you will see players rise faster whilst they are lower rated, its much easier to go from 87-88-89-90 than it is to go rise further. If Wilshere was already 91 then we wouldnt be having this debate because people wouldnt have such a knee jerk reaction to him not rising. The fact that he is only 89 is why there is so much frustration within the SM community. Charlie Adam was relegated with Blackpool this sesaon, and yes he played extremally well and in my opinion deserved to rise, but having finished 18th in the Prem he is just 1 rating behind Wilshere now?

How do you explain that? Over the course of a season his side was 14 places lower than Arsenal yet he has risen to 88 when Wilshere is just 89.

I know exactly how to judge a players performance, I know the criteria set out by SM with regards to rating increases - one of which is personal achievements. Wilshere won the PFA young player of the year award, that was voted by his fellow professionals. I think they are a good jury in this situation dont you.[/quote']

I can read, i had to force myself to read the rest of your posts. I mis read your post, i offer my sincere apologies :rolleyes:

I like the fact how your completely missed out each of my points in regards to the awful relegation form Arsenal were on come end of season... you CLAIM to understand how SM works.... yet dont appreciate the influence that poor form for nearly a 1/3 of the season can influence ratings. You have completely disregarded it.

91 ( now i appreciate you dont say he should be 91.... just to clarify with you ) would be way over the top for a player like Wilshere currently. His form, and his clubs has not been consistent enough across the whole season to be any where near that.

If you READ my previous post, you would of understood that i said i hoped for, and kind of expected a rise to 90 for him and that im simply citing reasons why he didnt rise. I can understand why SM didnt rise him.... Your claiming this is the biggest mistake in the history of SM yet you have to the balls to claim i dont understand the ratings... LOL

Yes he did win a personal accolade. But that was down to his form for the other two thirds of the season, i think finishing 89 after your first full season is very respectable.

I dont like how people use comparisons, one mistake doesnt justify other ratings etc. Wilshere will rise next season and will continue to do so. I dont think Adam should of rose tbh..... so whatever point you was trying to make... it didnt work.

He was clearly the most deserving player of the award he won, i dont doubt that. I can see why he didnt rise thats my point.

I can read' date=' i had to force myself to read the rest of your posts. I mis read your post, i offer my sincere apologies :rolleyes:

I like the fact how your completely missed out each of my points in regards to the awful relegation form Arsenal were on come end of season... you CLAIM to understand how SM works.... yet dont appreciate the influence that poor form for nearly a 1/3 of the season can influence ratings. You have completely disregarded it.

91 ( now i appreciate you dont say he should be 91.... just to clarify with you ) would be way over the top for a player like Wilshere currently. His form, and his clubs has not been consistent enough across the whole season to be any where near that.

If you READ my previous post, you would of understood that i said i hoped for, and kind of expected a rise to 90 for him and that im simply citing reasons why he didnt rise. I can understand why SM didnt rise him.... Your claiming this is the biggest mistake in the history of SM yet you have to the balls to claim i dont understand the ratings... LOL

Yes he did win a personal accolade. But that was down to his form for the other two thirds of the season, i think finishing 89 after your first full season is very respectable.

I dont like how people use comparisons, one mistake doesnt justify other ratings etc. Wilshere will rise next season and will continue to do so. I dont think Adam should of rose tbh..... so whatever point you was trying to make... it didnt work.

He was clearly the most deserving player of the award he won, i dont doubt that. I can see why he didnt rise thats my point.[/quote']

I dont mean to get nasty but I think you really do have reading difficulties. I said it was one of the worst mistakes I have seen on SM, 'ONE OF'.

As you quite righly pointed out, Arsenal had a very poor last third of the season, they went from competing on 4 fronts to challenging for nothing within a month. Despite this there was one or two players who maintained their high standards, Wilshere was one of these.

At the end of the day, im not the only one thats thinking this, at the top of this page you will see a poll where people have voted to say what rating they believe he should be, the results say it all.

Taking everything into account, the poor form of arsenal towards the end of the season, the PFA award, the place in the England side, his consistancy compared to much higher rated players around him... he should have risen. There is no doubt about it. SM have made a mistake.

I can only assume that your trying to justify Wilsheres rating with this?

If so I could find you hundreds of players that have risen having not hit every criteria in that list.

As far as im concerned he has taken a major step forward in his career' date=' played consistantly well all season and has been one of the best players at a top 4 club. Therefore his rating (given he is only 89) should have risen.[/quote']

Opposite, I think he should be 90, I understand SM's point of view but I can't understand how Lucas hit 90 playing for a team that finished 6th, only managed to play in Europa league this season and next season have no European football at all, compared to Wilshere who played in a 4th placed team, who played in the Champions league this season and once again will be playing in the Champions league next season, he also picked up the PFA Young Player of the Year Award and was picked in the PFA Team of the Year, not to mention he picked up 5 full England International caps.

Opposite' date=' I think he should be 90, I understand SM's point of view but I can't understand how Lucas hit 90 playing for a team that finished 6th, only managed to play in Europa league this season and next season have no European football at all, compared to Wilshere who played in a 4th placed team, who played in the Champions league this season and once again will be playing in the Champions league next season, he also picked up the PFA Young Player of the Year Award and was picked in the PFA Team of the Year, not to mention he picked up 5 full England International caps.[/quote']

Well said :)

I dont mean to get nasty but I think you really do have reading difficulties. I said it was one of the worst mistakes I have seen on SM' date=' 'ONE OF'.

As you quite righly pointed out, Arsenal had a very poor last third of the season, they went from competing on 4 fronts to challenging for nothing within a month. Despite this there was one or two players who maintained their high standards, Wilshere was one of these.

At the end of the day, im not the only one thats thinking this, at the top of this page you will see a poll where people have voted to say what rating they believe he should be, the results say it all.

Taking everything into account, the poor form of arsenal towards the end of the season, the PFA award, the place in the England side, his consistancy compared to much higher rated players around him... he should have risen. There is no doubt about it. SM have made a mistake.[/quote']

FGS !

I was actually going to change how i worded that but i thought to myself somebody could not be so utterly pathetic and pedantic. But here you are :rolleyes:

One of or the worst mistake in SM history... either way a totally over the top, illogical and no doubt bias opinion ( judging from your user name im guessing your a goon).

Are you honestly suggesting he maintained his form ? If so, now all credibility goes from your opinion.

Ill admit he was still one of Arsenals better performers during that patch, but certainly he was no where near the standard of his previous performances.

Yes the results of this forum will sway my opinion.... im sorry to say but the majority of this forum are younger children who jump on bandwagons quite easy and whose opinion on footballing matters i usually, and strongly disagree with. The fact that the so called majority have failed to even attempt to justify why he should of rose means i dont even care about there vote. Like i said i would be perfectly happy for him to of rose, im merely stating the reasons why he perhaps didnt.

A mistake ? or one of the biggest in SM history ?

Definately a 90. You can't question the judgement, been playing consistently in CM for both Arsenal and England for a team that finished 4th and got knocked out of the champions league by the eventual winners and best team in the world... what are soccer manager thinking keeping him at 89???

Oh and did i forget he won MoM in the first leg at the Emirates when they played Barcelona?

Oh yeah and Ramires goes to a 91??? LOL good one soccer manager.

Almost as good as your justification for him being 90 using a MoM as one your main points.

Ramires also regularly played for Brazil in a world cup too, and played for a team who finished second.... so by using your logic he should be higher than Wilshere.

NOTE: I was shocked he ( Ramires ) rose and did not expect to.

Almost as good as your justification for him being 90 using a MoM as one your main points.

Ramires also regularly played for Brazil in a world cup too' date=' and played for a team who finished second.... so by using your logic he should be higher than Wilshere.

NOTE: I was shocked he ( Ramires ) rose and did not expect to.[/quote']

So if Ramires gets 91 surely Wilshere should be 90??

Did you watch the game? He ran the midfield against the likes of a team boasting midfielders such as... Xavi, 97, Iniesta, 97, Busquets, 94, Mascherano, 93, Keita, 91, Affelay, 90, and in my opinion Wilshere made a lot more of an impact than Ramires and was allround a better player than him throughout the season... but now he is 2 points BEHIND HIM? IMO SM have it totally wrong.

So if Ramires gets 91 surely Wilshere should be 90??

Did you watch the game? He ran the midfield against the likes of a team boasting midfielders such as... Xavi' date=' 97, Iniesta, 97, Busquets, 94, Mascherano, 93, Keita, 91, Affelay, 90, and in my opinion Wilshere made a lot more of an impact than Ramires and was allround a better player than him throughout the season... but now he is 2 points BEHIND HIM? IMO SM have it totally wrong.[/quote']

In my previous posts on a number of occassions i said i expected and wanted him to get a 90 i was simply citing the reason to why her perhaps didnt rise.

Yes i watched the game...... He played very well. I dont think he ran the midfield though.

Ramires has been playing International and top flight football longer than Wilshere, whats the big rush expecting him to be a 90 by the end of the season... surely you can understand at some level why he didnt rise ? His form and his clubs significantly dropped towards the end of the season. (15 games Arsenals sticky patch went on for ).

FGS !

I was actually going to change how i worded that but i thought to myself somebody could not be so utterly pathetic and pedantic. But here you are :rolleyes:

One of or the worst mistake in SM history... either way a totally over the top' date=' illogical and no doubt bias opinion ( judging from your user name im guessing your a goon).

Are you honestly suggesting he maintained his form ? If so, now all credibility goes from your opinion.

Ill admit he was still one of Arsenals better performers during that patch, but certainly he was no where near the standard of his previous performances.

Yes the results of this forum will sway my opinion.... im sorry to say but the majority of this forum are younger children who jump on bandwagons quite easy and whose opinion on footballing matters i usually, and strongly disagree with. The fact that the so called majority have failed to even attempt to justify why he should of rose means i dont even care about there vote. Like i said i would be perfectly happy for him to of rose, im merely stating the reasons why he perhaps didnt.

A mistake ? or one of the biggest in SM history ?[/quote']

Sorry old boy but your just boring me now, resorting to calling me pathetic because your clearly coming worse off in this debate.

'one of the worst mistakes i have seen' - that is exactly what I said. I have been playing this game for over 3 years, its one of the worst mistakes I can remember.

The majority of the time I complain about a rating, there is a certain degree of bias. I was upset Pedro didnt rise last week (I have him in my team) but I could fully understand the reasons why he didnt despite his contribution to Barca's CL success and the fact he is playing for a side people are debating is the best ever. This arguement is different though, I really do think its a disgrace that Wilshere hasnt risen.

All you can say is Arsenals form. They finished 4th, their form may have been terrible towards the end of the season but all in all they finished 4th. Its disappointing but by no means a disaster given the lack of investment in Arsenal the past few years.

I think Wilsheres form dipped at times, possibly due to fatigue. His performances were still of a high enough level to merit a 90 rating though.

I dont feel the need to carry on with this arguement. Regardless of what anyone says, I think its been a poor decision by SM.