Greek Championship 16 - Discussion, Banter and Match Report Thread

Elton

Re: Greek Championship 16 - Discussion, Banter and Match Report Thread

***reserved for squad growth tracking***

Busy now but will do this asap

And nice one Elton :)

Thanks' date=' and that'll be quite useful so we can see who improved their team the most ;)

My team sucks :mad::P

But Iam stynx so I will rule this world :D

*Styx you mean, you shouldn't make fun of your own name :D And so do you :D Your forgetting that Styx is located more or less in my Underworld as a river so you are in my power :D

styx.jpg

But since your a river I would watch out for Poseiden :D

Made bids for 14 first team players - mostly young risers. And 5 bids for very young players that will be cheap! Think I'll go and drink a pint of vodka now.

I've left all the risers for smaller teams like Dom and Safir since Olympiacos started off with much more resources than their rubbish teams so I'm being nice to them and letting them have them ... oh wait that defeats the whole purpose of being Hades ... what have I done? :eek: This needs to change! :D

Guest drseanfitz

Ἔρεβος - Erubus/Erebos

"deep blackness/darkness or shadow"

erebus03.jpg

son of a primordial god, Kaos, and represented the personification of darkness and shadow, which filled in all the corners and crannies of the world.

According to Hesiod's Theogony, Erebus was born the son of Chaos and darkness itself, without intercourse, and brother to Nyx(goddess of the night) . Chaos' other children were Eros, Tartarus, and Gaia. Eventually Nyx and Erebus courted and gave birth to Hemera (goddess of day), Aether (god of sky), Cer (goddess of death), Oneiroi (god of dreams), as well as Hypnos (god of sleep), Thanatos (god of death), Momus (god of criticism), Nemesis (goddess of revenge), the Hesperides (guardians of the golden apples), and Charon, the ferryman.

Other myths also say that Erebus was father to Geras (god of old age), and the Moirai (Fates).

Apart from the part he played in the Creation, as being the father of Aether and Hemera, Erebus was usually just the personification of one region of the Underworld. The Underworld was usually divided into two main areas: Erebus and Tartarus. Erebus and Hades were used interchangeably to denote the Underworld. Tartarus was the deepest of the Underworld, which holds the Titans in prison. While Erebus also divided into several areas, apart from Hades' House. Erebus was divided by five of its underground rivers. Most shades will their last resting place in the Plain of Asphodel, and only a few were given place in the Elysian Fields, though, Elysium was sometimes located not underground, but on the surfaces, usually an island.

13522047.jpg

My lovely sister Nyx

So basically I came from Chaos - I don't have to worry about my parents having ever having done the dirty, but I did marry and have kids with my sister. Although I do have some amazing kids.

Nice work then Sean :)

Also for those who all think that Hades is evil then think again, I was given the worst domain to rule while those foolish younger brothers of mine Poseiden and Zeus were given the sky and sea so obviously I am going to be a slightly unhappy or something like that if I am given the worst domain in which I have to rule over the dead when we drew lots over it. Also you should all thank me because it was I who used my Helm of Darkness which makes me invisible to go into the Titan camp and destroy their weapons Zeus and Poseiden can stick their Trident and Lightning bolts :D And I am not evil but a fair person although I did use trickery to get Persephone and I go nuts whenever someone tries to leave the Underworld or tries to take someone out of it ;) You should see what I did to Sisyphus and Pirithous when they tried to cross me :D To Pirithous I invited them to my domain in the Underworld then when they sat down I trapped them with snakes and the stones of the chair growing into them :D And to Sisyphus I made me roll an immense boulder up a hill only for it to roll down so he had no choice but to roll it back up and this continued for all eternity :D And the reason I hate every other God and most of all the Olympians is that they dare not allow me to be a part of their little club in the Mount Olympus :rolleyes::D Anyway, Hades rules :D

Well, hi, umm, they call me Poseidon... I come from a rather large family, which include Hades, Demeter, Hestia, Hera and Zeus as my siblings. I have three children Heseus, Triton and Polyphemus.

But I'm not your everyday average 9 to 5 man you see...

No I'm much more than that.

I'm a god you see...

oh you think this is a joke?

I AM POSEIDON, THE GOD OF THE SEA :mad: AND I'M HERE TO FLOOD THE UNDERWORLD ALONG WITH ALL THE SCUM THAT'S HERE TOO :mad::D

Poseidon_Art.jpg

So yeah, that's my brief introduction you weak bunch of gods. Just remember to stay out of water lads :D

My team is PAS Giannina, arguable the worst team to start with, with just over 30 million total squad value, and a stadium of just 7,500, but I'm not complaining :D I shall turn this little village team into a team that all of you shall worship and look up on :P

PAS_Giannina_logo_1749_E0_C692_seeklogo_com.gif

What a cool badge that is though I must say! :D

I also manage Greece national team. :D I feel priveleged that the God's committee chose me as the man for such honorable job. :D:P Will be a decent challenge to try and qualify and go as far as I can in the world cup :P

Poseidon_Statue_by_Oltos_526_BC_46005.jpg

Poseidon at the end of the season awards ceremony

Anyway, that's it from me. Hope you all have a great season, whilst in reality I'll probably just be battling trying to avoid the wooden spoon, whilst Oly and Panathinaikos scoop all the glory :D

The offer for Mario GOTZE of Borussia Dortmund from Olympiacos has been accepted along with other club offers. Borussia Dortmund will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for David LUIZ of Chelsea from Olympiacos has been accepted along with other club offers. Chelsea will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Hopefully I get one of them or I will have to ask one of my minions to fill in for them :D

cerberusallison.jpg

I can assure you Cerberus doesn't bite ... unless I say so :D

Hopefully I get one of them or I will have to ask one of my minions to fill in for them :D

cerberusallison.jpg

I can assure you Cerberus doesn't bite ... unless I say so :D

You didn't got Oxlade, and you got me as concurrent for Luiz :D Hopefully I got Luiz :) Oxlade I also don't got :(

ERGOTELIS_LOGO.png

Gonna be honest about the players of our current squad...

Ooh boy, they sure are crappy.

BUT I'm gonna built a squad of very young players who'll become better with time.

Thanks to our stadium capacity of 26.400 we have some cash and more cash will flow in thanks to the fans visiting us.

The manager of the team is no other than MORPHEUS (see profile pic), the God of dream...

who'll make the players dream of victory before every game to boost up their confidence.

The offer for Maxi RODRIGUEZ of Liverpool from Olympiacos has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Steven PIENAAR of Tottenham Hotspur from Olympiacos has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Seydou KEITA of Barcelona from Olympiacos has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Wálter SAMUEL of Internazionale from Olympiacos has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Arturo VIDAL of Bayer Leverkusen from Olympiacos has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Not even any competition, this is proving quite easy for the Lord of the Underworld. Also, I find it very displeasing some certain Gods seem to think they can steal Gotze off me :D I think M26 will find that his "vodka" is actually water and poor old Prometheus will wake up to find that I nicked the Eagle of Zeus and sent it to peck at his liver again :D

Aris_FC-logo-5671AC255C-seeklogo.com.gif

Aris appoint new manager

Today the Aris chairman completed that the club appointed a new manager. The new manager is called Jor Hberg, a succesfull Dutch manager. We had only a few minutes time to speak with Hberg, so we had no time for a full interview, might come later. 'I don't have much time to talk now, but I want to say that Aris is a nice club, and I'm happy to be their new manager. I hope that I'll have a very nice time in Greece'. Were the words that Hberg said yesterday. He also said that you better don't mess with Aris. 'Or I'll send Zeus'.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1OiWJOGqI2Qg2Cws6GBhMJnXryAcBAWdLWwNVjEA2t1fasLTw

Zeus, Ancient Greek: Ζεύς, modern Greek: Δίας, Dias, also called The Father of Gods and men (Πατὴρ Θεῶν τὲ καὶ Ἀνθρώπων). He was the god of sky and thunder in the Greek mythology. Zeus was the child of Cronus and Rhea. In most traditions he was married to Hera, the goddess of women and marriage. Zeus is the father of Aphrodite and Dione. He is usually said to be fathered Ares, Hebe, and Hepheastus. Zeus also was the King of the Gods.