Sign in to follow this  
Newman

Players You Thought Would Get A Huge Rise But Didn't...........

Anyone can post here any players they thought would get a huge rise on SM whether it be because of the club they moved to, the hype everyone was giving them. Any rating, any age, go wild :D

I'll get the ball rolling.........

James Milner when he moved to City.

Re: Players You Thought Would Get A Huge Rise But Didn't...........

nuri sahin

pepe

hummels

carroll

WILSHERE (the biggest surprise ) although i don't have him in my team

when messi got a +1 i said ronaldo will get +1 too because he had an incredible season scoring 54 goals (according to marca)

kagawa

luis suarez

lovren

gomez ( com'on top scorer )

i can't remember any others :)

Jermaine Beckford

If anything Beckford has done better at Everton than I was expecting. He went there in my opinion as a quick striker who had an alright first touch and decent finish. Whenever I watched him live for Leeds he wasn't very influential on the pitch and apart from the amount of goals he scored no real quality. I personally think he only scored that amount of goals due to the superior Leeds team compared to most of the other teams during the league 1 campaigns and also the amount of chances Howson ' date=' Snodgrass and Gradel used to make for him.

He's still IMO just that quick striker and nothing more but has done better than I though he would.

Gotze only 88>89 where as Sow 88>90. Clearly something isnt right. There too inconsistent with the rating.

Sow was more an influential part of the Lille team where as Gotze was over shadowed in my opinion by the likes of Sahin , Kawaga etc.

Gotze:

Played- 33

Minutes - 2541

Scored - 6

Sow:

Played - 36

Minutes - 2813

Scored - 25

I know Gotze is a midfielder but Sows stats show a 90 striker where as Gotze more an 89 in my opinion. I'm not going to sit here and tell you ive watched them on more than 4 or 5 occasions each last season but from the stats I think the ratings can be justified. It may also be the age as sm usually act carefully when increasing younger players against more middle career players.

Manuel Neuer

Matthew Langerak

Nuri Sahin

Alexandre Pato

I can go on......

To be honest for what should Neuer get a rise?

Schalke was good in CL and in Cup,but in bundesliga they were near relegation,and because of that he doesnt deserve 93.

And Sahin was injured most of the time,he cannot get a rise when he isnt playing. :)

Pretty sure I have this guy in one my teams still :/ some Peruvian money spinner right?!

Yep, I had him on my team for a year and half but just recently I released him because his wages was making me lose money lol

Definitely Pato. I remember I first bought him for one of my teams when he was 19 years old and 90 rated. Pato and Aguero were probably the most sought out players in all GWs at the time. I thought that he would be at least 94 by now.

yea Pato is 92 -3y i think but still very usefull:rolleyes:

I thought Dossena should've been guaranteed at least an 89 since he had a fantastic season with Napoli but no, he did not get a rise at all. Also, I've got one the complete opposite, I bought João Victor randomly when he was at 70 in EC 7046 just to increase squad numbers so I could do some P/E deals since my squad was too small then he rose +12 :D

Gareth Bale should be 94' date=' one of the best left wingers in the world.[/quote']

I hope you're joking..

Yes he is very good and has a lot of potential. But at the moment, he isn't consistent enough to be higher than 90/91 but in the next few years I'm sure he will be 92/93.

94 right now would be an absolute laugh when you compare him to the likes of Di Maria, Ozil, Nani, Valencia, Pedro etc.

Gareth Bale should be 94' date=' one of the best left wingers in the world.[/quote']

Completely random, but I was just going through the threads I started, and this post caught my eye. Who knew just two years later it would happen :D

Edit: It's strange looking at some of the other suggestions from two years ago too. Certainly shows that two years can have a big impact.

Completely random' date=' but I was just going through the threads I started, and this post caught my eye. Who knew just two years later it would happen :D[/quote']

And yet again,still massively overrated :P

How about the hype surrounding Bojan at Barcelona? Thought he was the real deal but it never worked out for him.

well he is still considerably young at 23, but due to the amount and level of talent in the Barcelona team, he has to go out on loan. Ajax could be a place to kick start his career.

currently injured though.