English Championship 8000 - Discussion Thread

Vlad

Re: English Championship 8000 - Discussion Thread

Southend entered their new campaign after promotion to a New Charlton Athletic under the management of 'Mr. Mujahedine' with a side of players rated on average 87

56" GOAL!! - A long ball down the middle is collected by Stefan DE VRIJ who drills home a right foot shot!

Southend 1-0 Charlton

However, Charlton equalized seconds later...

57" GOAL!! - A cross from the left is headed home by Chris EAGLES!

Southend 1-1 Charlton

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my first match, My squad isn't complete and were missing some of our best players due to fitness issues, plus Charlton are most likely going to be up there, come end of the season. All Good for first game of the new season :)

YEOVIL ROCK IN CHAMPIONSHIP DEBUT :D:D

Yeovil 4-0 Portsmouth

Loanee From Arsenal and one of the Best Talents in Spain Thiago put Yeovil ahead finishing inside the Box On 15 Minutes.

Alessandro Del Piero put a penalty away on 29 minutes to Make Yeovils Lead Bigger.

A Long ball down the Middle to Yossi Benayoun was finished well with a right footed shot.

Minutes from the end to top it off Del Piero Rounded Portsmouth keeper Benoit Costil to Put in Yeovils Fourth.

Statement Left by the Gaffer: I am over the moon with this victory tonight, We go Joint top of the Championship with Hull City, I am very pleased because all the players who scored tonight were just some of my Pre Season Transfers :D, Got to say I could do with getting At least 2/3 more faces in to beable to select a different team for these 3 Games Per Week, I cant get too carried away because I play at West Ham monday with a weaker team on, Might get Hammered at the Hammers but I will see how it goes.

Anybody got a player who you can Loan Out, Rated at least 86? Any Position - Not Keeper - Would really help :) I wouldnt mind a striker if possible, As you can see from my squad, Not many front players atm.

we now have an unwanted manager, managing 2 teams in the set up??

the villa manager is in another set up so i asked him to quit villa in this one, as he had abandoned them.

not only has he not done that but now joined as another team as well.

you will recognise the name as he constantly club hops, luckily it is normally within one or two days.

i dont know if he is just plain selfish and inconsiderate or clueless but i wish he would leave the forum set ups and find an empty league where he can play with himself

watford start the campaign with a 2-1 defeat at palarse.

could be a long season for us and 6th place will mean a successful season ,11th spot or lower will mean a bad one.

good luck for the season to those who see out the season.

After 1 month without login in i am back and i see a surprise: PNE is in the Championship :D :D I M really supeised with it because i thought i would be eliminated at the playoffs, where i got a 1-0 win over Carslile United and a 2-2 draw with Sheffield United.

Looking at my team i can see that Joao Filipe got a + 5 to 83, Damiao a +1 to 88 and Henrique Santos a +3 to 78.

A few days ago I tried to apply for the Stoke job.

I try to apply but when I type in my password it says incorrect password. I know my password is correct unless it wants some other password? :confused:

I logged in and out again a few days and then tried to apply again.

That doesn't work. Oh well' date=' looks like I'm staying with Wimbledon then![/quote']

Then on the 1st someone takes the job! And then promptly leaves! :mad:

Mick Gallagher has decided to resign from Stoke City after 0 games in charge....

I actually want to manage the club but can't! It's so annoying when you get guys like this!

Anyway WOMBLES NEWS

Wombles 0-1 Accrington Stanley

Reverted back to a 4-4-2 formation which was probably a bad move. Will go back to my old 3-5-2 formation in the future!

The Loan offer for Mario Fernandes of Newcastle United from Yeovil Town has been accepted

Thanks to Newcastle, Been Looking for my third Loan for a while.

Newcastle have made it clear that any injurys picked up by their Current Defence or if the Brazilian is needed for Cup Games he will be recalled.

Thats no problem, Glad to have the 21 Year Old On board.

Thanks .CFC :)

Guest <klhepworth.

So, I have missed out on Clint Dempsey but have brought in the left-sided Kombarov twin, Dimitri. He adds versatility and his value increases by almost £2M straight away! Also has a chance at a +1.

Did say all my youth team are available for loan and have recieved a bid for Zaha from Reading. Having looked at their squad they are of similar quality to mine and I am reluctant to loan one of my cup players out to be a cup player

If a smaller side comes in for him I will give priority.

Have two more signings planned, which will see me done until the TBs come off.

Also, I am still looking for loans as I'm yet to get anyone in on loan!

Originally' date=' this wasn't going to be accepted due to other deals I was wishing to do to bring players in.

I cancelled two deals which equalled 500k approx. This is why I've allowed Ben Arfa to leave for £8.75m instead of the £9m I wanted[/quote']

Damn away match took me under that amount. Have sold Bebe and the next home match will push me up again. So should be able to give you 9 wednesday night :)

Just been told that Stoke should have gone on offer so I will quit if wanted or swap clubs with whoever should of had stoke?

Once a manager quit Stoke they would of gone on offer to another manager who is currently in the Set Up.

The manager who it went on offer to would of Rejected it.

Afterwards the Offer would have automatically gone available to the Public.

You are fine to Stay with Stoke as this is the normal procedure.

Good Luck with them Buddy :)

YEOVIL READY TO TACKLE 3 GAMES PER WEEK !

Not long at all until the Monday night game kicks in Yeovil have confirmed They 'Are ready' for the 3 Games A Week !!

YEOVIL YESTERDAY BIDDED FOR FOUR PLAYERS AT AROUND 3PM AND THANKFULLY ITS TOOK NO LONGER THAN 25 HOURS FOR THE PLAYERS COMPLETE THEIR MOVES TO YEOVIL AND TO BE AVAILABLE FOR OUR GAME AT WEST HAM TONIGHT !

Free Agent Michael Knightly has completed his move to Yeovil Town for a deal worth around £2.5m

Brilliant for the price :D, Hes a back up winger and will start tonight, Thank God they are complete before 8pm cause if they werent I would be stuck as I will probably lose cash at the Hammers tonight.

Andy Johnson has completed his move to Yeovil Town from Lyon for a deal to be worth around £744K Plus Ryan Shotton

Good deal IMO, Hes 30 but is good for the money being a 87 rated Centre forward, also tipped to start tonight. :D

Free Agent DJ Campbell as completed his move to Yeovil Town for a deal worth around £2.5m

Striker in for £2.5m, Cheap once again, Playing in the Prem, Yes hes a sub for Qpr now but short term hes a decent back up :)

Alessandro Lucarelli has completed his move to Yeovil Town from Parma for a deal worth around £504K Plus Jeffrey Schlupp and Michy Batshuayi

Nice, Had £600K Left in the Bank after the deals for Knightly, Johnson and Campbell would have been complete so thought to myself I would let Schlupp and Batshuayi go in P.E, The lads were worth a couple of Mill, They not goin play so thought I would say Bye.

Both youngsters will rise as they are going alright with Leicester and Standard L but decided go ahead with it, Lucarelli is a experienced defendeer, 34 years of age, he has a rating of 86 and that rating isnt under threat as he has played 19 Out of 21 Games - Extra defender always helps, We also signed Mario Fernandes on Loan from Newcastle as I posted so now I think we are covered in every position.

Perhaps in the future if i need buy somebody it may just need be One more Central Midfielder, Ive got Behrami and On Loan Strootman their atm, Mark Davies is a back up I brought, a bit crafty with that as he can drop back in CM.

Anyways, Ive got a 25 man squad now ! 23 really as Holz isnt going play and my Second Goalkeeper wont play any part of the season, Unless Somebody extraordinary happened and keepers could get injured an Vorm was ruled out and I was unable to get a keeper on loan:p, - That wont happen, Im looking forward to the season ;)

A Point at West Ham tonight would be good, I can only hope. :D

Guest <klhepworth.

Just been told that Stoke should have gone on offer so I will quit if wanted or swap clubs with whoever should of had stoke?

No need mate, stick with them:)

Had two bids accepted, hoping they go through before tonight:/

Douglas Costa has joined on loan so a large thanks to Will:)

Evening all,

Didn't really bother posting much last season, however i am enjoying this set-up so thought i'd join in this season.

After getting to the play-off final and losing to mangerless :confused: Leeds United, Hull City start their quest for the Premier League all over again.

Tonight we travel to face a very good Millwall side off the back of a 4-0 home win on the first day of the season. This one will be tough to call, however the boys know the drill and the set-up is good.

Having said that, football is a funny old game and soccer manager can often be a hilarious game!

Game On!