English Championship 8000 - Discussion Thread

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: EC 8000 - LESS THAN 20 EC's LEFT! That's a funny way to spell Marcus Bent.

Re: EC 8000 - LESS THAN 20 EC's LEFT! 7777 United 8000 City Talk about quick fingers. Your missus must love you

Re: English Championship 8000 - Discussion Thread Bolton get a well deserved 3-0 default win.... As Welsh teams shouldn't be playing in English Championships

Re: EC 8000 - LESS THAN 20 EC's LEFT!

I called the GW because I'm using it as an example for where the pre-arranged deals happened. I didn't once say it's a rubbish set-up' date=' never said people should avoid the set-up, I just simply stated that the pre-arranged deals that took place in the set-up were in my opinion not a correct way to do business on the game. It spoils the beginning of the GW. If it had happened in other set-ups I'm in I'd have called them too because I think you learn from past mistakes. How many times have people mentioned the cursed WC11019 set-up! Should we call all of them rude? No, because they are constructively trying to improve the game and the experience other players have whilst on the site.

I think the fact that you have so far been the only user to say they are against there being no pre-arranged deals half proves my point. You pay for the guaranteed right to have the team you choose [b']once the set-up opens[/b]. I think people have in the past abused that as a way of doing deals prior to the opening time specified. Pre-arranged deals alienate a majority of the GW before it even starts, which in my opinion is a sure-fire way to dent the integrity of the set-up.

WC11111 is a good set-up, but the start was ruined for me and others by pre-arranged deals. I don't want a repeat of that in here.

To be honest, I don't see why people who reserve should care about the plight of the people who don't. I want to make my team as good as it can be and I don't care if that means some League 1 club doesn't have the chance to get my youth player, especially if I want him out as fast as possible.

I don't see why people who don't reserve can tell people who did what to do about it, making reserving a team less worthwhile.

See guys' date=' we've entertained each other for about 20-30 minutes now, lets keep going while were waiting :P[/quote']

How about you guys go out for a jog for 20 minutes while I stay at the computer pressing f5 until it comes.

When it comes I'll tell you guys......... I promise.....

:semote:

I called the GW because I'm using it as an example for where the pre-arranged deals happened. I didn't once say it's a rubbish set-up' date=' never said people should avoid the set-up, I just simply stated that the pre-arranged deals that took place in the set-up were in my opinion not a correct way to do business on the game. It spoils the beginning of the GW. If it had happened in other set-ups I'm in I'd have called them too because I think you learn from past mistakes. How many times have people mentioned the cursed WC11019 set-up! Should we call all of them rude? No, because they are constructively trying to improve the game and the experience other players have whilst on the site.

I think the fact that you have so far been the only user to say they are against there being no pre-arranged deals half proves my point. You pay for the guaranteed right to have the team you choose [b']once the set-up opens[/b]. I think people have in the past abused that as a way of doing deals prior to the opening time specified. Pre-arranged deals alienate a majority of the GW before it even starts, which in my opinion is a sure-fire way to dent the integrity of the set-up.

WC11111 is a good set-up, but the start was ruined for me and others by pre-arranged deals. I don't want a repeat of that in here.

ok look at it like this mate..

i dont sign players on rating basis wot so ever..

i join a gameworld i identify my targets..

unfortunately mate there a some clubs that dont have any targets wot so ever im after therefore there will be no chance of me ever dealing with that side regardless of the offers thrown at me..

if i need to wait for a side to become managed i do so.. if none of the unmanaged sides have any targets i require then seriously them teams then become undealable and i persue the clubs who have my targets..

harsh reality is wc 11111 the only clubs that had my targets wo all taken prior via reserve so why would i not prior deal?.. i wasnt after anybody from the other sides so waiting was pointless to me..

regardless of the offers mate.. i identify my players and go for them as im sure others do and if that means them contacting clubs prior to get there targets then they are more than welcome..

mate it really isnt hard to say no.. not all people chase any 1 and every1 :) ..

To be honest' date=' I don't see why people who reserve should care about the plight of the people who don't.[/quote']

It's about keeping the integrity of the set-up. You want a successful set-up and so do I. Best way of having a great set-up is have everyone start at the same time, no hidden secrets, no quiet whispers going on before the start.

When the set-up opens for everyone that's when the fun should begin and the mad rush for players takes place. Everyone needs to be able to trust each other in these set-ups and have a certain respect for each other. In my eyes, everyone starting at the same time when we can all start picking up teams is a very simple way to keep that respect and set-up integrity.

Edit - Oh, and 8000 is now up.