English Championship 8000 - Discussion Thread

Vlad

Re: English Championship 8000 - Discussion Thread

very strange game tonight for portsmouth, ended the match with nine players on the pitch:confused:

E HUSEKLEPP Red Card (48),L VARNEY Red Card (74)

final score was 2-0 in portsmouth's favour

H.HREIDARSSON 22,D.KITSON 72

Portsmouth Vs Ebbsfleet

Possession

57% 43%

Total Shots

17 6

Shots On Target

6 3

Corners

8 8

Yellow Cards

1 3

Red Cards

2 0

Reading 3-0 Gateshead

J.McAnuff 46

S.Church 49

M.Leigertwood

Possession

65% 35%

Total Shots

18 14

Shots On Target

5 8

Corners

5 5

Yellow Cards

1 1

Red Cards

0 0

Good solid result, I was hoping for more goals but I am not going to dwell on that too much considering we got five players that finished with a match rating of ten and five that finished with nine, the rest had eight. We had a great amount of possession and we got a good number of shots away at goal. That is all you can wish for from your side.

Okay I have my transfer targets in writing, changed my minds loads of times as to where I was going to go but I'm pretty happy with what I've drafted up, whether it will become a reality or not is yet to be seen of course. Got 3m to play with for adding on top of bids and some of the players I'm intending on getting have got a lot of interest on so could be a bit tight on some of them. Looking forward to when it all kicks off tommorow, I have a bad feeling I'm going to see bids flooding in on all the players I want, as in my only other Forum GW 7777 I wasn't active on any big players due to my small team and me just buying pensioners so this is a first for me. Hopefully I'll be able to get all the bigger players I'm after and 80% of the risers I want. Neeerrvvvouuussss.

Guest Arsene Wenger Arsenal

I've decided to get Charlton when the game world opens' date=' been doing research on potential signings althogh like most I'm so worried I'll get whooped by the big teams wanting to buy up all the risers when I can't really afford to go above chairman value really.[/quote']

i have the same problem mate, we will be probably together in the div 3 :)

I've decided to get Charlton when the game world opens' date=' been doing research on potential signings althogh like most I'm so worried I'll get whooped by the big teams wanting to buy up all the risers when I can't really afford to go above chairman value really.[/quote']

I'm thinking the same thing mate, I'm looking at players and seeing teams like Manchester City interested in them and just wondering, why would City be interested in some 85 rated German who's going to rise by one if that at the next changes? Or an 86 averagely talented keeper when you've got Joe Hart... Hopefully it's just blanket-shortlisting and they wont actually bid on any of them or I'll be screwed.

Guest Arsene Wenger Arsenal

I'm thinking the same thing mate' date=' I'm looking at players and seeing teams like Manchester City interested in them and just wondering, why would City be interested in some 85 rated German who's going to rise by one if that at the next changes? Or an 86 averagely talented keeper when you've got Joe Hart... Hopefully it's just blanket-shortlisting and they wont actually bid on any of them or I'll be screwed.[/quote']

oh my god guys! even if the big fishes leave us alone to buy tha kind of players we will kill each other! i am actually interested too in a 85 rated german player!

oh my god guys! even if the big fishes leave us alone to buy tha kind of players we will kill each other! i am actually interested too in a 85 rated german player!

:P

I'm sure there are several 85 rated german players for us to share. ;)

I'm interested in a 84 german GK but I'll let him for small clubs.:D

I think I know which one you're talking about. :P

Quite a few German keepers out there I've got my eyes on, I'm after two, one as a first teamer and one just as a riser.

Ill beat you to it charltons mine

If the big clubs want this set up to succeed then they should allow lower leagues (div 3 down) to grab risers. Helps them more and there's more money to be made in higher rated players anyway

Agree with you aswell, Im not in the league yet,but i want a division 3 side

Agree and disagree with Joe. At QPR if I want to build a competitive side and compete for things in the Prem and Cups etc .. Then I need to invest in risers to be able to bring in good first team players.

I won't be going for 70's, but anything like 75 plus I will be competing so I can keep my side going and push forward.

No offence to anyone of course.

Agree and disagree with Joe. At QPR if I want to build a competitive side and compete for things in the Prem and Cups etc .. Then I need to invest in risers to be able to bring in good first team players.

I won't be going for 70's' date=' but anything like 75 plus I will be competing so I can keep my side going and push forward.

No offence to anyone of course.[/quote']

Agree with everything you said above!

I want to stay in the premiership with Norwich, nothing else just that. So if I need risers to make cash I'll do it, though I won't be getting that many 75 players and under. Will probably try and get a well known player on the forum now who is within them ranks. I have a list of risers that I want and some of them aren't shortlisted by anyone but me so I'll try and get them. Just 300k risers and things like that.

Like Zak said, I don't want to cause anyone offence either :)

If the big clubs want this set up to succeed then they should allow lower leagues (div 3 down) to grab risers. Helps them more and there's more money to be made in higher rated players anyway

Agreed, Alot like 7345 then ? with all the top clubs signed up to that plea by which they would do whats needed to help smaller clubs along, Think its the only way to keep this set-up good,attractive and forum filled.

I know Bolton are not your top of the mill team, But ill say now ill back of some of the risers i had intended to sign.

10th-5th im looking at. While SM is Unpredictable and dosen't reflect reality' date=' You cant not back the big boys especially in forum filled set-ups, Yes the odd unexpected team will raise some eye brows.

I may have jumped the gun and you may finish 2nd is all about who you bring in i guess.[/quote']

Your entitled to your opinion. Il aim for 2nd but probably end up somewhere like 15th :P Im just pointing out there is no problem with aiming high, but to get there is a different matter :)

Ok so for my Wolves I'll do like this because I want as small teams to have some risers and etc...

I'll make the first XI,first team and I'll wait about 1 week and after to build second team so small teams have time to buy what players they want...but for 2-3 risers,players for future I'll bid..

Your entitled to your opinion. Il aim for 2nd but probably end up somewhere like 15th :P Im just pointing out there is no problem with aiming high' date=' but to get there is a different matter :)[/quote']

You know form all of this i still dont know what club your at mate :o ?