English Championship 8000 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 8000 - Discussion Thread

In reply to Monkey Hanger, I have done the exact.same in Ec7777. You may think the create a new squad does hint at debt, but managed the right way it is unavoidable.

A whole new squad is more fun too, i got frustrated with my team, the amount of times I considered quitting. in such a competitive setup you can't sit back, but you can't be too aggressive. Sometimes you have to sit on the fence.

Sure some people have gone OTT, but what depth do they have beyond their first 11-15 players that aren't 88+ (87 if you include my Heskey). they will have weak second teams to counter effect the huge wage demands.

Some go to soft and wait, which is the opposite, boring, seeing everyone bar a few people on your shortlist go to your competition.

but some are wise, and sit on the fence, instead of a 89 first team, they'll have 25 87's. Many ways to strategise.

Agressive - works at beginning, injuries hamper due to lack of depth

Sit on Fence - works well games 3 times a week and cup runs

Sit Back - works later on but you suffer frustration of not getting results when you need them.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: EC 8000 - LESS THAN 20 EC's LEFT! That's a funny way to spell Marcus Bent.

Re: EC 8000 - LESS THAN 20 EC's LEFT! 7777 United 8000 City Talk about quick fingers. Your missus must love you

Re: English Championship 8000 - Discussion Thread Bolton get a well deserved 3-0 default win.... As Welsh teams shouldn't be playing in English Championships

Three more signings for my team:

The offer for Mateus KELVIN of FC Porto from Preston North End has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.
The offer for McDonald MARIGA of Internazionale from Preston North End has been accepted along with other club offers. Internazionale will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.
Ilkay GUNDOGAN has completed his move to Preston North End from Borussia Dortmund for £2,500,000 plus Iain HUME and Jamie PROCTOR . All other offers were turned down.

Anyone wanting loans off Tottenham get your bids in now!!

As I shall be accepting them in the next 24 hours' date=' people I like will get priority :)[/quote']

Swansea would love the chance to use one of them in taking points off your rivals ;)

In reply to Monkey Hanger' date=' I have done the exact.same in Ec7777. You may think the create a new squad does hint at debt, but managed the right way it is unavoidable.

A whole new squad is more fun too, i got frustrated with my team, the amount of times I considered quitting. in such a competitive setup you can't sit back, but you can't be too aggressive. Sometimes you have to sit on the fence.

Sure some people have gone OTT, but what depth do they have beyond their first 11-15 players that aren't 88+ (87 if you include my Heskey). they will have weak second teams to counter effect the huge wage demands.

Some go to soft and wait, which is the opposite, boring, seeing everyone bar a few people on your shortlist go to your competition.

but some are wise, and sit on the fence, instead of a 89 first team, they'll have 25 87's. Many ways to strategise.

Agressive - works at beginning, injuries hamper due to lack of depth

Sit on Fence - works well games 3 times a week and cup runs

Sit Back - works later on but you suffer frustration of not getting results when you need them.[/quote']

Personally I just get the best first team I can get and screw the consequences. Maybe if I had more resources I'd get more depth, but I'd rather have one team of good players, a lot of debt, and finish well than play it safe have a nice team of 85s and a back up of 84s with my balance in the green and get relegated. If you get all the players you need then debt isn't the end of the world, all it means is a bit less profit next time the TB's come around, which in exchange for better league positioning is worth it I think.

It's like (I think) Rob Walshe said, would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?

managed to get buss henrique,

pretty pleased with how the squads taking shape

would of prefered to of kept it a little bigger, but starting with a small sqaud has kinda put the dampener's on that a little.

one or two more signing's and i think i should be able to put out a pretty competitve first team and cup team

managed to get buss henrique' date='

pretty pleased with how the squads taking shape

would of prefered to of kept it a little bigger, but starting with a small sqaud has kinda put the dampener's on that a little.

one or two more signing's and i think i should be able to put out a pretty competitve first team and cup team[/quote']

what team are you mate? :)

Robert Pires and Nicolas Isimat-Mirin arrive at St. Mary's, rather mystified as to how I missed out on Molders, their players had CV values of overall about 1.3m and then 305k in cash , vs. 1.3m and 1m in cash. Ages were 23 and 25, 2 years = 700k boost to the P/E value of a 1.3m player?

rotherham bid was 3.15m, at least he will get a game with us.

lost out on one youngster who forest plan to put on the bench in the reserves?? he would have been playing first team for me, thats the way it goes.

I know. I didn't realise he'd taken a team though so it just really wound me up. I'd even bid for one of his players blissfully unaware it was him in charge. :(

all bad, i knew he had taken a name and even asked him if he will quit and he said no:rolleyes:

I wonder if SM could implement a system that gives a new manager taking charge before game 1 (or maybe make it game 5 if needed) of season 1 the choice of weather they have all of their deals done with external clubs reversed or not. Could be great for instances like this.

De Ceglie(88) and Hubocan(88) set to join meaning the defence is now complete :)

Abate(89) Canavarro(89) Bonucci(89) Cristico(90)

Hubocan(88) Benitia(88) Radu(88) De Ceglie(88)

Happy with that as it gives me the opportunity to chop and change if certain players are on bad form or a injury crisis kicks in it also gives me alot of fire power in the second round of transfers :)

The offer for David OSPINA of OGC Nice from Blackpool has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Great goalie had no competition for him.

The offer for Kirill NABABKIN of CSKA Moskva from Blackpool has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Cheap and good.

The offer for Boris VUKCEVIC of TSG 1899 Hoffenheim from Blackpool has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Shocked that no bidded for this talented lad.

The offer for Hajime HOSOGAI of Bayer Leverkusen from Blackpool has been accepted along with other club offers. Bayer Leverkusen will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Think I nabbed him in the end. Nothing personal just business.B)

The offer for Aleandro ROSI of Roma from Charlton Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

Cheap at 3.8m worth 9.1m to me and should make a nice bit of profit on him as well as add some depth i need.

The offer for Jorge MARTÍNEZ of Juventus from Charlton Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Another one that i can make about double profit on as well as being rated 87.

Leaves me with about 3m to spend so its all good at Charlton.

Guest Arsene Wenger Arsenal

Arnautovic to Huddersfield!

After losing in the bidding wars for Nils Petersen and Casnos, we bought Arnautovic who has already scored 2 goals for Werder Bremen and helped his team to be 3rd in the bundesliga!