When Managers Don't Respond to Transfers

Re: When Managers Don't Respond to Transfers

I'd say if the offer had been on the table for 72 hours and no reply.

It's a bit quick. The manager could be unavailable to answer. How about:

1. Offer of transfer

2. 7 days to answer

3. Reminder of offer

4. 7 days to answer

5. Chairman intervention

This would give a manager who is not on holiday 2 weeks to press 'Reject'.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: When Managers Don't Respond to Transfers I've tried to read as much of this thread as possible, so forgive me if I have missed something somewhere. I try to respond to as many bids as possible,

Re: When Managers Don't Respond to Transfers I've played this game for over 5 years, and I have never once ignored a transfer offer, no matter how silly it is. But then again, this is because I ha

Re: When Managers Don't Respond to Transfers Have to say getting no reply really bugs me. As others have said it's really just plain rude to ignore someone like that. Personally I have a hard line

It's a bit quick. The manager could be unavailable to answer. How about:

1. Offer of transfer

2. 7 days to answer

3. Reminder of offer

4. 7 days to answer

5. Chairman intervention

This would give a manager who is not on holiday 2 weeks to press 'Reject'.

u all are ridicolous,no one will force anyone to answer,and certainly there isnt be chairman accepting bids and others c.......

its fine as it is

at most' date=' you have to wait 2 weeks for the bid to be automatically be rejected.

i have some managers who are constantly offering cv for my players, if i ignore it, it means i only get a bid from them every 2 weeks as they can only have 1 offer per club instead of a daily bid that i have to reject.

if you have the likes of ozil in a competitive gw, you can be getting so many bids every day, it gets boring rejecting them all[/quote']

If you dont want to sell the player it would make more sence in making him "Unavailable to Transfer" or "Unavailable", thats what that is there for...

Have to say getting no reply really bugs me. As others have said it's really just plain rude to ignore someone like that.

Personally I have a hard line answer which will doubtless upset people but would certainly stop the practice. I would set a time limit for a reply and once that expires the decision is down to the chairman - if the offer is acceptable to him the deal is done and the player sold whether you like it or not.

What happens then when you can't even make offers because everyone will just put every player they have as unavailable?

Personally I find that people in older GCs are a lot more likely to answer your PMs or offers for players, like the Ajax manager in GC 7 who responded to my PM re Vertonghen and Alderweireld very quickly (he even responded to my congratulatory message when he beat me in the cup final back in December :P). But more recently I PMd the Atletico Madrid manager enquiring about loaning Sergio Asenjo and he/she did not reply, although when I made a loan offer they did accept it.

I personally do get some bemusing offers (the number of poor offers I've recieved for Fraser Fyvie in GC 7 is through the roof) but I do not ignore them and actually I find that responding to the offer tends to make the manager go away, although it seems in some casse people have experienced managers constantly coming back with more bad offers.

I think part of the problem is that when you place a player on the transfer list for part exchange then it is still possible to put in a cash only offer. I put Dmitri Payet on the transfer list once for part exchange only and the only offers I got were cash bids from unmanaged teams I also think that you should be able to make more specific P/E requirements such as what players you want in a P/E (eg you can say you want a direct replacement, GK for GK, LB for LB etc or you can say you want ) and only offers that meet those requirements can be made. This might make the offers made better but could over-complicate the system, I admit.

Thoughts?

I think part of the problem is that when you place a player on the transfer list for part exchange then it is still possible to put in a cash only offer. I put Dmitri Payet on the transfer list once for part exchange only and the only offers I got were cash bids from unmanaged teams I also think that you should be able to make more specific P/E requirements such as what players you want in a P/E (eg you can say you want a direct replacement' date=' GK for GK, LB for LB etc or you can say you want ) and only offers that meet those requirements can be made. This might make the offers made better but could over-complicate the system, I admit.

Thoughts?[/quote']

Good idea. Another option could be if you wanted a youth player in the P/E.

EDIT: It could be complicated though making all the P/E options. It would be best to negociate by messaging.

Good idea. Another option could be if you wanted a youth player in the P/E.

EDIT: It could be complicated though making all the P/E options. It would be best to negociate by messaging.

Yeah I know that's probably the only downfall. I was thinking only ask for specific positions and age. If you added ratings in the mix it'd complicate things a lot because of age, importance to the team etc.

What happens then when you can't even make offers because everyone will just put every player they have as unavailable?

Maybe then you could limit the number you can protect in such a way - to say 11 (effectively the first team). That way you can protect your best players if you want to but it would still leave some for people to try and pick up from you and you can always unprotect a player should you choose to get rid.

I accept that this could stifle the transfer market to a degree but I'm not sure it would do so any more than the current system. At least you would know up front that it's not worth putting a bid in as the player is unavailable rather than finding out after 3 weeks of waiting for a common courtesy.

No system is going to be perfect but personally I'm all for putting the fear of God into people and at least making them be civil. :D

No system is going to be perfect but personally I'm all for putting the fear of God into people and at least making them be civil. :D

Exactly, the problem is though so many people will oppose it (Christian Balotteli being one of them), all of us who want change are the managers trying to improve our teams and are being stifled but inconsiderate managers. Its all the people who think they are high and mighty that cant show the courtesy of clicking reject. I mean even if they set them as "unavailable" it would help. The problem is they all say "oh why should i sell my players" BUT we are not saying that. All we want is a response within a reasonable time period.

If SM introduce something that mean I have to respond to moronic bids' date=' I would set all my players as unavailable.
Maybe then you could limit the number you can protect in such a way - to say 11 (effectively the first team). That way you can protect your best players if you want to but it would still leave some for people to try and pick up from you and you can always unprotect a player should you choose to get rid.

I accept that this could stifle the transfer market to a degree but I'm not sure it would do so any more than the current system. At least you would know up front that it's not worth putting a bid in as the player is unavailable rather than finding out after 3 weeks of waiting for a common courtesy.

If they limited it to 11 players, I would put £150m minimum fees on the rest.

Anyone who wants to buy my players would then have to PM me with a respectable offer and not some terrible cash only offer that's barely over CV.

That'd certainly boost the transfer market.

And for those of you who said all you want is a response within a reasonable time frame - Bids are Auto-rejected after 14 days. That's no time at all.

It is when games are every 3 days and certain people have school and jobs to go to as well. Im not disputing the length of the auto reject but it shudn't come to that when it takes 10 seconds to click reject. If you are annoyed with getting bids i completely understand that but there is the option to set a player as "Unavailable" or you can set a high minimum fee on him. Im trying to see it from your point of view so i hope you can see it from mine as well.

It is when games are every 3 days and certain people have school and jobs to go to as well. Im not disputing the length of the auto reject but it shudn't come to that when it takes 10 seconds to click reject. If you are annoyed with getting bids i completely understand that but there is the option to set a player as "Unavailable" or you can set a high minimum fee on him. Im trying to see it from your point of view so i hope you can see it from mine as well.

Setting a player as unavailable would stop bids from coming in but that kills the transfer market as people rarely get in contact over unavailable players. A Minimum fee is an option but one I don't see a point in, especially in high rated players. If I was to sell Robben I'd want a good p/e offer which might total £40m, If I was to set a £35m min fee it would still be pointless as I constantly get cash offers of £50m+ and cash is usless in 90% of setups.

Another example,

-Boca Juniors have made an offer to Manchester United for Cristiano RONALDO of £47,000,000 plus Lucas VIATRI and Cristian CELLAY

That is the type of deal I have no intention of accepting or even responding too. I can get 10 or more offers like this a day, reject them and they come back with similarly poor offers.

Set a minimum fee and I get this..

Hamburger SV have made an offer to Manchester United for Cristiano RONALDO of £125,000,000

With a bank balance myself of £80m and growing by each week I have no use for cash.

Ignore them and I get 2 weeks peace.

Setting a player as unavailable would stop bids from coming in but that kills the transfer market as people rarely get in contact over unavailable players. A Minimum fee is an option but one I don't see a point in' date=' especially in high rated players. If I was to sell Robben I'd want a good p/e offer which might total £40m, If I was to set a £35m min fee it would still be pointless as I constantly get cash offers of £50m+ and cash is usless in 90% of setups.

Another example,

-Boca Juniors have made an offer to Manchester United for Cristiano RONALDO of £47,000,000 plus Lucas VIATRI and Cristian CELLAY

That is the type of deal I have no intention of accepting or even responding too. I can get 10 or more offers like this a day, reject them and they come back with similarly poor offers.

Hamburger SV have made an offer to Manchester United for Cristiano RONALDO of £125,000,000

With a bank balance myself of £80m and growing by each week I have no use for cash.

[b']Ignore them and I get 2 weeks peace.[/b]

Ditto!

I can't see why SM need to change or prove the current system as it is just fine the way it is.

If anything, please add an option to loaning, "can't play against the owner team or cup match".

Ditto!

I can't see why SM need to change or prove the current system as it is just fine the way it is.

If anything' date=' please add an option to loaning, "can't play against the owner team or cup match".[/quote']

I think after all the discussions and suggestions I have to agree it is best to leave it the way it is. I like the loan suggestion too.

I think the 14 day period is fine. I personally remove offers after 4 or 5 days if left unanswered; If the manager wasn't online at the time, he'll still be able to see the offer I made & if interested, he should contact me (happened once or twice).

I'm not one to usually ignore offers although some cases are worthy. In many cases, stupid offers are as bad as stupid counter-offers & not responding - A waste of time. Rejecting an offer will not stop the other manager for bidding methodically every time he gets the chance so ignoring it should get a point across.

As an example, I put Malouda in the transfer list for 25 million in a relatively new gameworld where $ still has value and most externals are available. Sampdoria comes along and bids 16 million, I counter-offer with 25 million, he counters with 13 so I proceed to reject. He now decides his first offer of 16 million will do the trick :confused: and bids again, I reject. Another team comes along and bids 25 million and is instantly accepted. Sampdoria's manager now bids 16 million for Hazard (who's not on the transfer list) so I proceed to ignore him. Mind you, this was all in a space of 24 hours. Now, as easy as it would be to make any player unavailable, it's easier to ignore such offers; Specially when you don't mind the idea of receiving an offer that may be of your interest.

My point is, 7 out of 10 managers who ignore offers are probably insulted by these or by you. The other 3 either don't login or just don't care. The 14 day-waiting period is fine and if you don't agree, set yourself a limit and remove your offers by then. Either that or send a PM; God knows you'll save an awful lot of your precious time by asking first.

My point is' date=' 7 out of 10 managers who ignore offers are probably insulted by these or by you. The other 3 either don't login or just don't care. The 14 day-waiting period is fine and if you don't agree, set yourself a limit and remove your offers by then. Either that or send a PM; God knows you'll save an awful lot of your precious time by asking first.[/quote']

I completely understand what you are saying however i speak for most of us frustrated managers in saying we send countless PM's to these managers. I cannot speak for others but i myself am always polite and construct the message properly, however this makes all the more infuriating when you do not get a reply, even after several weeks. Just a bit of common courtesy would be nice from certain managers.

I completely understand what you are saying however i speak for most of us frustrated managers in saying we send countless PM's to these managers. I cannot speak for others but i myself am always polite and construct the message properly' date=' however this makes all the more infuriating when you do not get a reply, even after several weeks. Just a bit of common courtesy would be nice from certain managers.[/quote']

If they ignore your bid and any PMs you send, take the hint and bid for someone else?

Setting a player as unavailable would stop bids from coming in but that kills the transfer market as people rarely get in contact over unavailable players. A Minimum fee is an option but one I don't see a point in' date=' especially in high rated players. If I was to sell Robben I'd want a good p/e offer which might total £40m, If I was to set a £35m min fee it would still be pointless as I constantly get cash offers of £50m+ and cash is usless in 90% of setups.

Another example,

Ignore them and I get 2 weeks peace.[/quote']

This ^^^^

& some of the more recent posts are speaking more to the reality of the game.

Ridiculous offers come with the territory. So do ignored responses. And if you're wondering, it also happens in real life too. If fact, it’s far more ruthless.

I noticed that many complaining on this thread are relatively newer forumers & possibly to the game. I used to wonder why others wouldn’t respond to bids as well but over time you may also find yourselves ignoring offers despite your proclivity for doing the 'gentlemanly' thing.

In the past, I dealt with all offers. In fact, I would take the time to try help ‘guide’ the other bidding managers with some PM’s (I still do on some occasions). For instance, in competitive game worlds where money is worth very little I almost exclusively accept P/E’s for highly rated players. If I received a CV offer for someone like Ozil or Fab I would look over the bidding team’s squad. If I didn’t find any players of interest or worthy of a trade I would let the manager know via PM so they wouldn’t waste their & my time by bidding over & over. Some would come back with snooty replies &/or continuously make ridiculous bids for that player or others. Now tell me, do I perpetuate this charade by hitting the reject button or do I ignore him & only hear from him every 2 weeks?

Keep in mind, I don’t make my players ‘unavailable’ because everyone is tradable for the right price/deal in my books whether it be a 1, 2 or 3 part deal. I don’t put a ‘minimum fee’ on them because it may hinder a P/E deal & for the reasons in the quoted post.

Furthermore, there is also an element of gamesmanship involved. If I receive an offer on a highly desirable player that others have shortlisted I may not respond for some time regardless of what the offer is. Reason being, this might prompt the other managers who have shortlisted the player to throw in an offer thus increasing the probability of getting a much better offer to accept or negotiate with. So, if I was to follow your argument & respond right away, this would not be possible & thus negate a chance for my team to improve. But, needless to say, you may be happy I responded to your bid.

The reality is that this is a game that is available to almost anyone & it’s free. This attracts a wide variety of people & not all are playing in good faith. Many are time wasters or just having a laugh.

Give yourselves some time on the game & revisit this thread in a few months. Then tell us your experiences.

Give yourselves some time on the game & revisit this thread in a few months. Then tell us your experiences.

I've been managing for 11 months on sm, and yes we all know its happening but this thread is calling for people to have the courtesy to respond to offers. Yeah, fair enough, if your receiving poor offers for your players then you have the right to ignore them outright after a while.

However, this thread is describing the unreasonable managers who ignore sufficient offers from respectable managers. Also as someone else put it, if your bids are being ignored then you should move on to another player. However, this misses the point, we are talking about certain managers incompetence and complete lack of respect for others when it comes to "acceptable" transfer offers.

I've been managing for 11 months on sm' date=' and yes we all know its happening but this thread is calling for people to have the courtesy to respond to offers. Yeah, fair enough, if your receiving poor offers for your players then you have the right to ignore them outright after a while.

However, this thread is describing the unreasonable managers who ignore sufficient offers from respectable managers. Also as someone else put it, if your bids are being ignored then you should move on to another player. However, this misses the point, we are talking about certain managers incompetence and complete lack of respect for others when it comes to "acceptable" transfer offers.[/quote']

"Unreasonable", "sufficient", "respectable", "acceptable", these are all relative terms. They mean different things to different people. An offer that you might perceive as respectable or sufficient may be insulting to someone else who really values a particular player. Respect goes both ways.

If you don't get the response you want move on. No one is obligated to respond to bids. Like someone else said it so matter of factly "pull your bid & place it elsewhere". Please don't hang the blame for one's poor squad on another manager who refuses to respond to repeatedly low or vacuous bids.

SM even states the following under FAQ: "however, not all managers will respond to a transfer offer for one reason or another, and if your offer is not responded to within 14 days then the offer will automatically be rejected by the AI".

It's part of the game & you have to find a way to live with it if you want to continue playing &/or enjoying the game.