Sign in to follow this  
-JMH-

Setting Minimum Transfer Fees- POINTLESS

right i want to rant about the pointless feature that is setting a minimum transfer fee.

do people not understand the concept of chairman value??

my example, in a competitve 16 team custom gameworld, all top clubs and top players spread between, i want to buy wilshere, i make 20M offer plus whoever he chooses from my squad, he rejects and whacks a 100Mil minimum fee on...

Whats the point of this feature when the max u can offer is 32Mil in my case?!?!? its ridiculous. it needs to be adjusted, either remove chairman max allowed or remove the setting of minimum fees.

Re: Setting Minimum Transfer Fees- POINTLESS

Setting a minimum transfer fee can prevent unwanted external bids which fill up message inbox's. Of course there is a point in setting mimimum transfer fee's and there's no real reason why they should remove the feature.

so whats the point of 100mil fees when you cant bid higher than say 35M? i feel a minimum fee should reflect the max fee another clubs chairman can offer, so the idea of a bid can at least be entertained.

why would i pay 100Mil for wilshere anyway?!

Different clubs have different max amounts they would pay for a player so reflecting it in the minimum fee feature would probably be an issue. Some people wont be entirely satisfied by the max value you can pay for their player, so I think they put 100M as a message that he isn't for sale but then there is an unavailable feature for that. The minimum fee feature is there so that a manager doesnt have to deal with bids any lower than what he is asking. For example a manager in my gameworld had a player worth 8 Mill CV, he put minimum fee 15 mill which makes managers aware of what price he is looking for or an acceptable value to start of with. That's just an example for someone not abusing the feature so I dont see why we need to get rid of it. To be fair I rarely use the feature and I can see your problem but I dont think it should be removed.

You've got to remember that in game worlds where all the top players have been snapped up money has very little value.....so it takes ridiculous amounts of cash to prise players away from said clubs.

so whats the point of 100mil fees when you cant bid higher than say 35M? i feel a minimum fee should reflect the max fee another clubs chairman can offer' date=' so the idea of a bid can at least be entertained.

why would i pay 100Mil for wilshere anyway?![/quote']

Then just don't buy him then. Stating the transfer price at £100m states that he wont be for sale, even though it's far from the best way to do it.

so whats the point of 100mil fees when you cant bid higher than say 35M? i feel a minimum fee should reflect the max fee another clubs chairman can offer' date=' so the idea of a bid can at least be entertained.

why would i pay 100Mil for wilshere anyway?![/quote']

he counter offer you 100mil means he is giving u a message: he dunwan to sell his player. end of the story ntg to be complain about

he counter offer you 100mil means he is giving u a message: he dunwan to sell his player. end of the story ntg to be complain about

wasnt a counter offer, i bidded, rejected, i bidded again and boom 100mil min fee is on him so cant make an offer,,,why not just tick the 'unavailable' box!...oh well. only wilshere.

wasnt a counter offer' date=' i bidded, rejected, i bidded again and boom 100mil min fee is on him so cant make an offer,,,why not just tick the 'unavailable' box!...oh well. only wilshere.[/quote']

Trolls are everywhere.

why would i pay 100Mil for wilshere anyway?!

Exactly.

The manager is obviously trying to put you off bidding for him -which has evidently worked- so just give up and don't bother.

I do this, and it's a useful tool. I manage Wrexham, in Division 5. I have a young Brazilian prospect aged 17 and rated 78, and he is currently worth £2.2million to my chairman. The moment I signed him, the Arsenal manager put my player on his/her shortlist. Obviously I got the message that Arsenal were interested and I just whacked a £10million minimum fee on the player to ward off any future bidding.

I have currently had no bids for him, despite the fact his transfer ban was lifted months ago. So in a way, slapping a minimum fee on a player you want to keep is just a way of avoiding endless bidding by relentless managers.

Exactly.

The manager is obviously trying to put you off bidding for him -which has evidently worked- so just give up and don't bother.

I do this' date=' and it's a useful tool. I manage Wrexham, in Division 5. I have a young Brazilian prospect aged 17 and rated 78, and he is currently worth £2.2million to my chairman. The moment I signed him, the Arsenal manager put my player on his/her shortlist. Obviously I got the message that Arsenal were interested and I just whacked a £10million minimum fee on the player to ward off any future bidding.

I have currently had no bids for him, despite the fact his transfer ban was lifted months ago. So in a way, slapping a minimum fee on a player you want to keep is just a way of avoiding endless bidding by relentless managers.[/quote']

clearly misunderstanding my point, let u off though as ur a noob and ur the kinda of SM manager im talking about.

CV stops you bidding over a certain amount. mine was 32-38M for Wilshere. so putting 100M is pointless as no one can even make a bid as the chairman will block it. if he used the unavailable feature, id have to message him first.

it doesnt send a message apart from the manager not knowing how SM works! if he dont wanna sell, set to unavailable.

Setting a minimum transfer fee can prevent unwanted external bids which fill up message inbox's.
Get 5-6 offers from external clubs everyday in one GC (just the one:confused:) so had had to put min fees in place just to stop these offers.

Thats the only reason I'd use them.

clearly misunderstanding my point' date=' let u off though as ur a noob and ur the kinda of SM manager im talking about.

CV stops you bidding over a certain amount. mine was 32-38M for Wilshere. so putting 100M is pointless as no one can even make a bid as the chairman will block it. if he used the unavailable feature, id have to message him first.

it doesnt send a message apart from the manager not knowing how SM works! if he dont wanna sell, set to unavailable.[/quote']

Let me off? Yeahhh, right...

... anyway, don't call me a noob, as there's just no point. I'm merely debating that the minimum fee is not a pointless tool by putting forward my own opinion. Calling me a noob is both childish and ruining what could be a good debate.

My argument is that setting a minimum fee is just another way for a manager to say that the player is unavailable. You said yourself that if a player was just listed as such you could just message the manager about it. But if a manager set a ridiculous minimum fee on their prize player, wouldn't it have a possibility of not only putting you off bidding for him, but also making you think twice before messaging said manager? Some managers don't want to be harried about their players, so setting a minimum fee can sometimes prevent that.

It also has another use. Let's say I had Nani, who is worth about £20million to my chairman. But I want to sell him, so I put him on the market for £30million. I could then set a minimum fee of £25million, so I ensure that I'd make atleast an extra £5million more than he is worth. Managers WILL bid that much, although without the minimum fee set, you can bet your bottom dollar that other managers would try to sign him for as little as possible.The minimum fee is in place so that doesn't happen.

I have been playing SM for years so I know that some people will pay a premium to sign players like Nani, which is why setting that fee is hardly unreasonable.

Can you explain how setting a minimum fee means a manager doesn't know how SM works?

Let me off? Yeahhh' date=' right...

... anyway, don't call me a noob, as there's just no point. I'm merely debating that the minimum fee is not a pointless tool by putting forward my own opinion. Calling me a noob is both childish and ruining what could be a good debate.

My argument is that setting a minimum fee is just another way for a manager to say that the player is unavailable. You said yourself that if a player was just listed as such you could just message the manager about it. But if a manager set a ridiculous minimum fee on their prize player, wouldn't it have a possibility of not only putting you off bidding for him, but also making you think twice before messaging said manager? Some managers don't want to be harried about their players, so setting a minimum fee can sometimes prevent that.

It also has another use. Let's say I had Nani, who is worth about £20million to my chairman. But I want to sell him, so I put him on the market for £30million. I could then set a minimum fee of £25million, so I ensure that I'd make atleast an extra £5million more than he is worth. Managers WILL bid that much, although without the minimum fee set, you can bet your bottom dollar that other managers would try to sign him for as little as possible.The minimum fee is in place so that doesn't happen.

I have been playing SM for years so I know that some people will pay a premium to sign players like Nani, which is why setting that fee is hardly unreasonable.

Can you explain how setting a minimum fee means a manager doesn't know how SM works?[/quote']

the point im making is getting tired...if a manager doesnt want bids on a player, set to unavailable. if he maybe swayed into selling, set a fee that is negotiable. 100M is not negotiable as CV stops excessive fees. setting 100m demonstrates his little knowledge of chairman values and CV blocking deals.

Different clubs have different max amounts they would pay for a player so reflecting it in the minimum fee feature would probably be an issue. Some people wont be entirely satisfied by the max value you can pay for their player' date=' so I think they put 100M as a message that he isn't for sale but then there is an unavailable feature for that. The minimum fee feature is there so that a manager doesnt have to deal with bids any lower than what he is asking. For example a manager in my gameworld had a player worth 8 Mill CV, he put minimum fee 15 mill which makes managers aware of what price he is looking for or an acceptable value to start of with. That's just an example for someone not abusing the feature so I dont see why we need to get rid of it. To be fair I rarely use the feature and I can see your problem but I dont think it should be removed.[/quote']

agree with this

Minimum transfer fees is a useful tool when used correctly.

Say I have a Coventry City team. Jordan Clarke is a 19 year old RB/LB with a decent future ahead of him. Now, whilst I wouldn't overly mind waiting 3 years for him to become the star he might become, a good offer may persuade me to sell. Making a player 'Available' is a pointless exercise as you have to trawl through the search feature to find available players. They do not show up on the transfer list etc.

Back to Clarke. On the DB he's worth about £750k to my chairman, but as a potential future 85+ player, I won't be accepting that sort of figure. I will be wanting around £2.5m at least for him because I know of his potential. If another manager pops up that knows about Clarke, he will no doubt try to be cheeky and bid £750k hoping I'm a bit of a noob. Rather than deal with time-waters like that manager I can easily place in that minimum fee so that serious managers can see him without me needing to put up with people placing derogatory bids.

Without the minimum fee I run the risk of having some clown bid 750k....I reject, then he bids it again. I reject again, he bids it AGAIN! After rejecting for the 3rd time I'll get some annoying PM along the lines of 'OMG I like Clarke let me have him plzzzzzzzzz k?'

See the level of intelligence I'd have to work with sometimes without that minimum fee? It's a simple little tool that really helps me enjoy a set-up as I do not encounter all the silly bids that I simply would never accept.

If you find someone being a bit daft and putting £100m minimum fees on players just forget about that player and identify a new target.

Say I have a Coventry City team. Jordan Clarke is a 19 year old RB/LB with a decent future ahead of him. Now' date=' whilst I wouldn't overly mind waiting 3 years for him to become the star he might become, a good offer may persuade me to sell. Making a player 'Available' is a pointless exercise as you have to trawl through the search feature to find available players. They do not show up on the transfer list etc.

Back to Clarke. On the DB he's worth about £750k to my chairman, but as a potential future 85+ player, I won't be accepting that sort of figure. I will be wanting around £2.5m at least for him because I know of his potential. If another manager pops up that knows about Clarke, he will no doubt try to be cheeky and bid £750k hoping I'm a bit of a noob. Rather than deal with time-waters like that manager I can easily place in that minimum fee so that serious managers can see him without me needing to put up with people placing derogatory bids.

Without the minimum fee I run the risk of having some clown bid 750k....I reject, then he bids it again. I reject again, he bids it AGAIN! After rejecting for the 3rd time I'll get some annoying PM along the lines of 'OMG I like Clarke let me have him plzzzzzzzzz k?'

See the level of intelligence I'd have to work with sometimes without that minimum fee? It's a simple little tool that really helps me enjoy a set-up as I do not encounter all the silly bids that I simply would never accept.

If you find someone being a bit daft and putting £100m minimum fees on players just forget about that player and identify a new target.[/quote']

yeah i know the usefulness of the feature when used correctly as you say but it being misused just is annoying.

Say I have a Coventry City team. Jordan Clarke is a 19 year old RB/LB with a decent future ahead of him. Now' date=' whilst I wouldn't overly mind waiting 3 years for him to become the star he might become, a good offer may persuade me to sell. Making a player 'Available' is a pointless exercise as you have to trawl through the search feature to find available players. They do not show up on the transfer list etc.

If you find someone being a bit daft and putting £100m minimum fees on players just forget about that player and identify a new target.[/quote']

Totally agree with this.

Explained clearly how its useful.

Although TS doesnt get wat the others are saying.

I agree with JMH Daggers. Its really annoying. In a gameworld that Im in a manager has got Gerard Pique on the transfer list for 65 million but has got a minimum fee of 150 million on him.

Firstly its impossible to pay, and secondly why has this manger got him transfered at 65 million when its impossible to even bid for him. The manager that im talking about is weird anyway but thats not the point.