Nationality: Uzbekistan

Team: FC Pakhtakor Tashkent

Position: Striker

Stats:

Under 17 World Cup in Mexico

4 Games

3 Goals

Career:

Khakimov plays for youth team of FC Pakhtakor. He played for the Uzbekistan U-16 national football team during the 2010 AFC U-16 Championship in Tashkent. In the 2010 AFC U-16 Championship, he scored 5 goals to be the top goalscorer of tournament with Takumi Minamino. He also secured the most Valuable Player Award of 2010 AFC Championship.

khakimov_mvp.jpg

On 26 February 2011, Samvel Babayan, the Vice President of FC Pakhtakor, said in a press conference in Tashkent that Khakimov will start to play for main Pakhtakor's squad for the 2011 season.

My View:

He has been doing very well in the Uzbek team thus far, has won awards for Leading Top Scorer in other Comps, With 3 goals already to his name and i can see he is a pure, natural born Poacher, Leads the line rather well and makes runs similar to Javier Hernandez, has the same predatory ability like Javier, Good with either foot a player who plays with FC Pakhtakor who came 2nd in 2010 Season in the Uzbekistan League.

If he continues this form i see a host of clubs trying to buy this kid, from Uzbekistan he could be bought i think for really cheap and could turn out to be a great goalscorer for any league, Watch out for this kid. :D

Videos:

Goal VS Czech Republic U17 (5m 6sec)

Goal vs New Zealand U17 (Really nice finish on the turn and acute angle on weak foot) (39 Sec)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHkgQ18gZJY

Re: Timur Khakimov (Uzbekistan's New Hope)

Really talented kid.

His NT is really a joy to watch, can be very bad on the defensive side - but thier wya of always going forward and attacking especiely with Khakimov is admirable.

They're gonna embarrass the Brazilian defence quite a few times, I have no doubt.. they'll get some in return - but I wouldn't be that shocked if they knocked them out.

Really talented kid.

His NT is really a joy to watch' date=' can be very bad on the defensive side - but thier wya of always going forward and attacking especiely with Khakimov is admirable.

They're gonna embarrass the Brazilian defence quite a few times, I have no doubt.. they'll get some in return - but I wouldn't be that shocked if they knocked them out.[/quote']

True but Edimilson could punish the Uzbekistans defence eqally, But every team needs a person who needs one chance to score and Timur is like that, Was amazing against Aussie's yesterday.

I think if he continues playing this well he could well do a "Odil Ahmedov" Play really well at a Cup/Comp and get a big move.

Who is Uzbekistan's old hope?

Odil Ahmedov

He is an Anzhi atm (Team taken over with tones of money) but Arsenal have heavy scouted him, probs the best thing out of Uzbekistan could be heading to a Summer move to Arsenal.

Odil Ahmedov

He is an Anzhi atm (Team taken over with tones of money) but Arsenal have heavy scouted him' date=' probs the best thing out of Uzbekistan could be heading to a Summer move to Arsenal.[/quote']

Yeah I saw that link today as it happens.