Sign in to follow this  
Özil

WC 2258 - Tottenham Hotspur M/R Reports/Transfer Reports

tottenham-hotspur.gif

spursnewhomekit2012.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur Looking Up!

Jose Mourinho will be gearing up for his third full season in management after his return to the club where he began his managerial career as a fresh faced teenager. Jose Mourinho previously managed Tottenham to promotion from division 2 in a managerial career that spanned 148 games before resigning as manager of Tottenham to take over Atletico Madrid and win Division 1 with the Spanish outfit before resigning once more in order to take a break away from managing and focus more on his family. Mourinho returned with Tottenham on the brink of relegation in season 8 after missing managing and found no place better than White Hart Lane, the first place he called home. 'The Special One' managed to steer them away from relegation and led them to the summit in Season 9 by astonishingly leading a team who were facing relegation to second place in the league within a season and also led them to some silverware by winning the World Champ Shield.

However, a disappointing season 10 following the dizzy heights reached in Season 9 and a mid table place 13 games in to Season 11 has seen Jose Mourinho's "Super Whites" hailed as 'one hit wonders' by the media and he'll be keen to prove them wrong throughout the remainder of this campaign.

Re: WC 2258 - Tottenham Hotspur M/R Reports/Transfer Reports

tottenham-hotspur.gif

Tottenham Hotspur FC - Who's Who?

Top 4 Players

2985_1339342716.jpg

David Silva (Age: 26 Rt:94)

Been a wanted man by Jose Mourinho since his first stint at the London club and finally joined Tottenham after a £5M deal including Keisuke Honda and Alexis Sanchez moving the other way was agreed with Real Madrid. David Silva boasts vast experience after playing for the Spanish giants and led the title charge in Season 9 and will be hoping to turn Tottenham's season into a winning campaign. Jose Mourinho will be keen to hold Silva away from the lure of a return to Real Madrid and the interests of Germany giants Bayern Munchen with David Silva boasting over 60 appearances for Tottenham under Mourinho as it stands.

2756_1339345939.jpg

Victor Valdes (Age:30 Rt:93)

A surprise addition to the surprise and joy of Tottenham fans, Valdes joined Tottenham squad after sealing a £25M pound move from Athletic Bilbao in Season 10 and has secured a starting point since he arrived. Valdes grew frustrated with the lack of ambition at Athletic Bilbao and found the project at Tottenham Hotspur 'appealing' and has been a pivotal apart of the squad's defence ever since. Jose Mourinho has hailed retaining his services and keeping Valdes out of Bayern Munchen's grasp as 'pivotal' to Tottenham's plans next season.

31960_1339343253.jpg

Rodriguez Pedro (Age:24 Rt:93)

Pedro was brought from Barcelona for £27.5M 2 seasons ago and has been one of the most consistent performs in Tottenham's midfield this season boasting 4 goals and 5 assists in 12 games. After establishing himself as a world class talent at Barcelona and breaking into the team he became unsettled with the constant change of manager and with Tottenham aiming for honors and having the consistent managing figure of Jose Mourinho, Pedro was easily swayed into becoming another top class signing for Tottenham.

13726_1317003557.jpg

Viera Marcelo (Age:24 Rt:93)

The newest signing in the current Tottenham squad after joining today in a £15M deal which saw Pato return to Milan after enjoying a less than sparkling 3 years at White Hart Lane with just 16 goals in 63 appearances. Marcelo is arguably one of the best full backs in the world and his addition to the squad will only reaffirm Tottenham's desire to establish themselves as one of the best sides in the league and shore up Tottenham's defence.

The Rest Of The Squad...

Goalkeepers:

Simon Mignolet (Age:23 88)

Defenders:

Luca Antonini (Age:29 Rt:89)

David Luiz (Age:25 Rt:90)

Jordi Alba (Age:23 Rt:90)

Gary Cahill (Age:26 Rt:89)

Aleksander Kolarov (Age:26 Rt:89)

Toby Alderweireld (Age:23 Rt:89)

Jérôme Boateng (Age:23 Rt:90)

Alberto Botia (Age:22 Rt:88)

Gonzalo Castro (Age:25 Rt:90)

Jerome Boateng (Age:22 Rt:89)

Luiz Gustavo (Age:24 Rt:90) (On Loan)

Midfielders:

Scott Parker (Age:31 Rt:90)

Raul Meireles(Age:29 Rt:91)

Alcántara Thiago (Age:21 Rt:89) (On Loan)

Renato Augusto (Age:24 Rt:90)

Moussa Dembele (Age:24 Rt:89)

Clint Dempsey (Age:29 Rt:90)

Pablo Hernandez (Age:27 Rt:90)

Markel Susaeta (Age:24 Rt:89)

Mateo Kovacic (Age:18 Rt:84)

Thorgan Hazard (Age:19 Rt:76)

Strikers:

Silva Neymar (Age:20 Rt:90) (On Loan)

Antonio Di Natale (Age:34 Rt:92)

Luis Fabiano (Age:31 Rt:90)

Pavel Pogrebnyak (Age:27 Rt:88)

tottenham-hotspur.gif

Tottenham Hotspur Highlight Transfer Targets

Tottenham have already highlighted their summer targets with respective bids for AC Milan striker Lukas Podolski, Crystal Palace's Nathaniel Clyne, Marco Reus and former Tottenham man James Milner who has stated he would like to work Jose Mourinho once more at White Hart Lane after tasting silverware with the Portuguese tactician at the helm previously. James Milner has become disillusioned with life on Merseyside at Everton and with a fee mooted to be around 12 million pounds set to be agreed. Neymar has been on loan from Internazionale at White Hart Lane 3 seasons out of the past four and with Jose Mourinho seeming to be keen to have the talented Brazilian in his squad even on a temporary basis, rumors have been published in local media suggesting that Tottenham will be looking to sign him permanently however Inter Milan's chairman Massimo Moratti has stated Inter's intentions and has stated officially:

Massimo Moratti

We do not wish to sell Neymar and we will not accept any bids for him no matter how big they are. Neymar is the future of Inter Milan and Tottenham has provided a good base for him to get experience but will not be his permanent destination or club anytime in the near future. He is an Inter Milan player and will remain an Inter Milan player.

neymar%2Bbarca%2Bbarcelona%2Bfcbarcelona%2Bbarcablog%2Bbarca%2Bblog%2Bneymar%2Bbarca%2Bbarcelona%2Bfcbarcelona%2Bbarcablog%2Bbarca%2Bblog.jpg

Neymar going nowhere..

Sky Sports Interview Jose Mourinho

_49341466_gettyskysportsmic.jpg

Sky Interviewer:

Some may say you've had a poor start to the season in comparison to 2 years ago and that Tottenham should be nowhere near 11th in the league with the talent they possess in their squad, what would you say back?

Jose Mourinho Says

Well we haven't had the best of starts of course not and we've lost some games we should have won by all accounts but we're in a very competitive league with teams who have some of the best players in the world up against us week in week out. The league has advanced from two years ago and it's much more competitive, we've not had a good start but we can improve and that's what we'll be aiming to do.

Sky Interviewer:

You've been hailed as 'one hit wonders' in the past and even now, would you dismiss that tag as a little harsh or justified?

Jose Mourinho

I believe that tag is something we've got to live with now, I don't think it's justified we went from relegation candidates to near championship winners in a year and that's quite a transformation. We exceeded all our expectations in doing so and we're always striving to repeat that or even better it but it's not easy to repeat and we need time.

Sky Interviewer:

Your latest signing has been Marcelo clearly shows your desire to sign some of the world's best to become a club that's able to perform at the top level consistently, any more big name deals on the cards?

Jose Mourinho Says

Right now I'm not going to unveil anything about any signings on the cards until their confirmed. I prefer to ensure that transfers are confirmed and done before I begin to talk to the media but yes there is more names on the cards who could potentially sign.

Sky Interviewer:

You've been rumoured to want to sign Hatem Ben Arfa who has recently broke into France's international squad who are currently participating in Euro 2012. Ben Arfa been known for his feisty attitude and erratic behavior at Marseille, do you think you can handle that and keep him under control and as productive as he has the potential to be should he join Tottenham?

Jose Mourinho Says

I've already said I wouldn't comment on transfer speculation but with regards to Ben Arfa, I personally feel he's a brilliant player and at Newcastle he has kept himself firmly grounded and his attitude in check so I think for any potential clubs wanting to sign Ben Arfa, his attitude wouldn't be a problem as he's shown he has matured a considerable amount since back then.

Sky Interviewer:

You're the only manager to have won silverware at Tottenham yet there has been 8 different managers between both your spells in charge, any secret to that?

Jose Mourinho Says

It's flattering to know that but I don't think there's any secret to it, you've got to believe in your players and get them on board, that's ideally the main thing and always the most difficult when you come in. Once you have the support of the players and have got them on board with your concept on how to play football, things tend to fall into place provided you just do the little things right and that's evident here at Tottenham.

Sky Interviewer:

You left Tottenham for Atletico Madrid of course and went on to win the Division 1 Title with them, could another club in this division sway you once more to leave should they be a better 'fit' to win silverware?

Jose Mourinho Says

Back then Tottenham were a newly established team in Division 1 and Atletico Madrid were very much forerunners and one of the big clubs in Division 1 capable of winning the title, when the job offer came in if you looked the different squads and the difference in transfer budget, it was a no brainer. Right now, I don't see myself leaving Tottenham, we're an established team in the top flight and we have the players needed to go out and win the league, we just have to perform.

Sky Interviewer:

Is there any managerial role models you look up to and have helped mould you into the coach you are?

Jose Mourinho Says

I'd have to state Louis Van Gaal, he's a brilliant manager and for me when he was at Ajax it was that brand of attacking football that was so fascinating to watch and it really gave me an insight into management and in some ways he was an idol, I obviously developed a different philosophy but no doubt Van Gaal certainly had an effect and I think that's reflected in how we attack here at Tottenham.

Sky Interviewer:

Final question, what team are you looking most forward to 'locking horns' with?

Jose Mourinho Says

Today. Real Madrid. They're current champions and of course boast magnificent forwards and a brilliant overall team. They're the team everybody wants to beat right now and hopefully we'll do that today with the help of Marcelo who of course is a former Real Madrid man himself.

Sky Interviewer:

Thanks for your time Jose, and congratulations on your latest result.

Jose Mourinho Says

Thanks for spending your time interviewing me and thank you again, I hope we can continue winning and push up the table.

tottenham-hotspur.gif

Tottenham Hotspur Land Khedira And Yaya Toure

Tottenham Hotspur quite remarkably have landed former Real Madrid midfield man Sami Khedira and explosive midfielder Yaya Toure from Fenerbahçe SK in two deals which will see Tottenham receive £6M along with Khedira for Pedro and Yaya Toure joining Spurs with Meireles and Castro leaving the club in return and start afresh at Fenerbahçe SK. Both deals are set to be completed in the next 2-3 days and reaffirm Tottenham's desire to be a world class team. Tottenham will have a midfield now boasting the likes of David Silva, Yaya Toure, Sami Khedira and Scott Parker which will offer Tottenham that security in midfield which they may have lacked previously. Jose Mourinho has this to say on the transfers:

Jose Mourinho

We're obviously gutted that we will be wishing farewell to Rodriguez (Pedro), Raul (Meireles) and Gonzalo (Castro) but we welcome Khedira and Yaya Toure into the team who can give us that real kick in midfield which should propel us up the table. Both players boast considerable talent with both having played for two of the heavyweight teams in Spain (Real Madrid and Barcelona). It's an honor to welcome these type of players to White Hart Lane and we look forward to further deals to come.

Tottenham have identified this as simply the start of their spending as they look to add more players with a variety of players being linked with Jose's Spurs. Tottenham will desperately look to replace Castro with someone of similar quality and will be on the hunt for a potential right back with Nathaniel Clyne being mooted as a 'future prospect' and Debuchy also being linked with a move to White Hart Lane.

Yaya_TourA_.jpg

Yaya Toure pondering what the future holds at White Hart Lane

tottenham-hotspur.gif

Podolski Joins WHL Revolution II!

Podolski is on his way to Tottenham after AC Milan accepted a bid of £17M, the Italian giants have already parted with Marcelo to Tottenham only days ago. Podolski is thought to be the replacement for Giuseppe Rossi who ironically joined AC Milan for £49.7M. These dealings between AC Milan and Tottenham Hotspur have revealed a very astute business relationship between the two clubs with Tottenham clearly very much at the benefiting end. Lukas Podolski will not be available for today's clash with Real Madrid however will be available for selection for the following fixture. Podolski is due to fly to London tonight in order to finalize the deal and complete the move which will see him join Yaya Toure, Marcelo and Sami Khedira under Jose Mourinho with many jubilant Tottenham fans hailing this as 'Revolution II'. Lukas Podolski is said to be 'delighted' to be moving to White Hart Lane and excited over the prospect of working with Jose Mourinho however his main focus now is helping Germany progress through Euro 2012. Jose Mourinho welcomed Podolski to White Hart Lane and had this to say:

Jose Mourinho

Lukas is a fantastic player and the fact we've managed to get a bid accepted for him and looking to complete a deal in the next 24 hours is brilliant. I have a good professional relationship with the AC Milan manager and AC Milan are a wonderful club and its through this that we're able to have a professional relationship were Tottenham can prosper and get top quality players like Lukas. We're still very much in the market at the minute and I won't identify specific targets but I suspect two, three or maybe four more additions to this squad and we'll look to push on from now to the end of the season and hope we can achieve what this club and everybody connected with this club deserves.

Many names continue to swirl across the media with reports of meetings behind held in France between Tottenham and Lille OSC to discuss the transfer of French international right back Mathieu Debuchy although the reports have yet to be confirmed.

Lukas-Podolski-007.jpg

Tottenham New Boy Podolski Celebrating A Goal At World Cup 2010.

tottenham-hotspur.gif

Luuk De Jong Tempts Jose..

Heilig-gras-Luuk-de-Jong-FC-Twente.jpg

Former FC Twente Talent De Jong

Ajax striker Luuk De Jong has caught the eye of Spurs manager Jose Mourinho as Spurs entertain the though of adding the 21 year old striker to what has been marked as Tottenham's 'Revolution II'. Luuk De Jong has also caught the eye of Roma also who are notoriously known for snaring young talent as they look to build a squad for the future. De Jong has hit 3 goals in 4 international appearances for Holland and has had 4 man of the match displays for Division 4 side Ajax in 11 games. Tottenham are rumoured to be readying a bid within the region of £12-13M which should be enough to lure De Jong to White Hart Lane with their power as Division 1 club set to outdo Ajax's best attempts to keep De Jong should Tottenham bid for the young Dutchman's services. When questioned on the rumours regarding his own future, Luuk De Jong said:

Luuk De Jong

Right now I'm 100% focus on Ajax and helping this club to promotion, I'll leave my future in the hands of my agent who knows best. It's flattering to be linked with big teams such as Tottenham Hotspur and Roma and both are clubs which I would love to one day represent however right now it's irrelevant as this is just rumors, no official bid has been made as far as I am aware. Roma have signaled interest but they've been around for months so right now I'm just focused on Ajax and scoring goals for Ajax and my future will eventually unfold.

It is rumored Tottenham want to recoup funds in order to launch a bid for De Jong in order to ensure that they are able to sign him before Roma are able to secure his services. Tottenham are rumored to launch their bid for De Jong's services within the next 48 hours although it remains to be seen whether Tottenham will in fact bid or bide their time.

tottenham-hotspur.gif

James Milner And Nathaniel Clyne Sign For THFC

1214_1339427756.jpg37054_1283143937.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur had a bid of £12.0M accepted for Everton's James Milner and he has now completed his return to White Hart Lane after leaving for Merseyside only a year ago however with only 12 appearances for Everton since he moved Milner has become disillusioned with being a 'bit part' player and Tottenham have offered him a route back to White Hart Lane where Milner enjoyed a successful 3 year spell at the club. Milner will be looking to establish himself as a starting 11 player at Tottenham and attempt to force Renato Augusto off the scene who has found himself thrusted temporarily into the Tottenham fold after the sale of Rossi and Pedro although new additions such as Khedira should see Renato Augusto reduced to the bench sadly.

Nathaniel Clyne has also finalized his move to Tottenham after Crystal Palace accepted a bid of £5.7M from the North London club, the 21 year old right back who can also play at left back is regarded as a player with potential and ear marked by Jose Mourinho as a "potential England right back" in the future. The young fullback already boasts experience in Germany and Italy with spells at FC Schalke 04 and Lazio respectively and will be keen to continue his development at Tottenham and potentially feature for Tottenham in cup competitions to begin with and 'prove his worth' to Jose who has taken a gamble on him by signing the young Englishman.

Jose Mourinho has this to say on the signings:

Jose Mourinho Says:

I'm glad to see Milner back at the club, he's a quality asset and his experience and tenacity as a player can no doubt help us reach 'that level' required to lift ourselves up the table. We all know what he's capable of after his spell here before and James knows what we expect so no doubt he'll fit right in and be ready when called upon. He'll have to impress because with Khedira now here and Yaya Toure set to arrive once we've been in further contact with Fenerbache, it's going to be extremely difficult for Milner to get on the team without effort and consistency. On Nathaniel Clyne, he's a player who I've seen a lot of through TV and he impressed me. He's a player who works hard and has the young legs that can run the big distances which other older fullbacks on the marker can't do so for us he was an appealing choice and has the potential to be a England full back in the future.

tottenham-hotspur.gif

Yaya Toure Deal Collapses

704259-9553956-640-360.jpg

Yaya Toure 'disappointed' with collapse of move

After a deal was verbally agreed for Yaya Toure between Fenerbache and Tottenham Hotspur, sensationally 24 hours later Fenerbache pulled the plug on the deal and opted to keep the Ivorian who is seen as a pivotal part of a squad attempting to climb out of the relegation zone. This also means that now Meireles and Castro will stay at the club now and continue playing and aid Tottenham's push up the table. However, the collapse of this deal has clearly frustrated Yaya Toure who had his heart set on a move to White Hart Lane as he stated:

Yaya Toure Says:

I am very disappointed in Fenerbache for the way they have acted and the way they have simply changed their mind less than a day after verbally agreeing a deal with Tottenham. For me this shows a lack of professionalism and respect at Fenerbache not only towards me but also Tottenham Hotspur who were expecting my arrival within the next 48 hours. I was extremely excited and looking forward to starting afresh with Tottenham Hotspur after seeing Marcelo, my former team mate Sami (Khedira), Podolski and Milner secure moves to Tottenham but now I will obviously have to remain at Fenerbache as I am under contract here and will honor it but I cannot hide my disappointment and regret at not being able to move to Tottenham who are such a respectable club.

The controversial back step by Fenerbache after verbally agreeing a deal with Jose Mourinho and Tottenham has inevitably soured relations between the two clubs and frustrated Mourinho who had been looking forward to the completion of a deal for Yaya Toure. Jose had this to say to the media regarding the Yaya Toure 'affair' after a training session at the training ground:

Jose Mourinho Says:

I'm not going to stand here and lie to you I'm very disappointed. Had a deal not been able to be agreed at first that would have been acceptable, Yaya is of course their best center midfielder and that would have been perfectly fine but the fact that the Fenerbache manager sat down with me and we verbally agreed a deal to bring Yaya to White Hart Lane which we both agreed on only to have him reject the bid the next day and decide that he wouldn't keep to his agreement is shocking, unprofessional and a disgusting thing to do. I think it's definitely showed the integrity of the man and I won't be negotiating any deals with him or Fenerbache in the future.

tottenham-hotspur.gif

Tottenham Target Palermo Midfielder Nocerino!

Antonio-Nocerino.jpg

Palermo Midfielder Nocerino During A League Game..

After the disappointment of missing out on Yaya Toure, Tottenham have tabled a bid of £16M for Italian midfielder Antonio Nocerino who is seen as the ideal 'back up' to Portuguese midfielder Raul Meireles. However, Nocerino has also attracted interest from Roma with Roma tabling an 'undisclosed fee' to secure the services of Nocerino. It is unknown at this present time which club Nocerino will join although Palermo have confirmed they will be accepting both offers in the next 24 hours and only then will it be unveiled as to which club has paid more and ultimately able to land Nocerino. Tottenham are eager to land their man as they see him as the perfect player and to add further options in the center of midfield with Khedira, Parker, Meireles and Milner all vying for a starting place at Tottenham. Antonio Nocerino declined to comment as he looks set to leave Palermo however cited that whatever club he chose would be the best "to further his career". Roma are an Italian club and can offer him security in the fact that he can remain in Italy and play in Division 1 however Tottenham can offer him the lucrative chance to move to London and help an ambitious Tottenham in their quest to become League Champions in the next 2 years.

Jose Mourinho added a relatively quick statement to the media regarding this topic as he confirmed Tottenham are chasing the signature of the midfielder:

Jose Mourinho Says:

Yes we've put in a bid and yes so too have Roma. It's a two horse race for his signature and fingers crossed will be the club he signs for at the end but it's all on him. He's a brilliant player but arrangements have been made to chase other targets should he opt to join Roma.

tottenham-hotspur.gif

Borussia Dortmund Seal 11th Hour Swoop For Nocerino..

GYI0062125880_crop_450x500.jpg?1287583869

Nocerino Interview After Accepting Borussia Dortmund Move..

Tottenham have failed in luring to Antonio Nocerino to White Hart Lane as he has instead opted to join German league and cup champions Borussia Dortmund in a £19M move with Tottenham target Luuk De Jong also sealing a move to the German club. It had been a two horse race between Tottenham and Roma with Tottenham edging towards a deal being completed however Borussia Dortmund popped up and sealed a quick swoop which should see the Italian midfielder replace Nuri Sahin who sealed a move to Roma under mysterious circumstances which are currently being investigated. Tottenham will now have to pursue further targets after the disappointment of missing out on both Yaya Toure and Antonio Nocerino.

Jose Mourinho did not comment however left Tottenham's training ground with a look of disappointment prominent on his face as he avoided media questions and made a quick getaway in his car. There has been a few names touted through the media with Dzagoev and Schurrle both being linked with the North London club however it is yet to be seen whether any of the rumors hold any truth.

tottenham-hotspur.gif

Tottenham Keeping Close Eye On Schurrle

Andre-Schurrle-Germany-vs-Ukraine_2769704.jpg

Schurrle Playing For Germany In Euro 2012

Tottenham are keeping an eye on German international Andre Schurrle as his discontent at Italian giants Roma grows after just 9 appearances in all competitions this season. Schurrle sealed a move to Roma from FSV Mainz 05 3 years ago in a £8.3M move however has grown disillusioned with life in Italy and disappointed with the manager's lack of faith in him to provide the goals Roma much need to climb up the table from 10th place. Tottenham are said to be willing to offer him a route out of Italy and a potential starting birth in their team with Mourinho said to be mulling over a £13M bid for his services. However, Tottenham are willing to play the waiting game and wait for Schurrle to submit a transfer request and force a move through giving Tottenham the perfect opportunity to force Roma to submit to the rumored bid of £13M, but this also leaves the opportunity for other potential teams to be alerted to his availability and snare his signature before Tottenham are able to secure a deal for his services which Tottenham will be keen to avoid after missing out on both Nocerino and Luuk De Jong. All is yet to come from a Tottenham perspective as they continue to watch Andre Schurrle with keen eyes and hope he takes action to 'force' Roma to sell giving Tottenham every chance to sign him.

When pressed on the issue Jose Mourinho had this to say with regards to Andre Schurrle:

Jose Mourinho Says:

I hate to comment on another team's player but Schurrle is a very good player. He's good technically and also has the willingness to run and run any time he is selected despite his difficult situation which I think is a remarkable quality. It's certainly a quality we'd like at White Hart Lane for sure but I think right now a deal is impossible because we're not looking to pay over the odds and I don't think Roma would be willing to sell at the price we'd like to buy. It's up to Andre (Schurrle) and if he really wants a move from Roma and even further afield away from Italy perhaps, he has to do what he feels is right and we'll be waiting.

tottenham-hotspur.gif

Di Natale Heads Home After Euro 2012 Despair

scaled.php?server=411&filename=dinatalew.jpg&res=landing

Di Natale Crushed By Defeat

Tottenham striker and White Hart Lane cult figure Antonio Di Natale heads home from Kiev after a crushing defeat at the hands of Spain at Euro 2012. The Italian boasted 5 appearances at this year's competiton and 1 goal against the 2012 European champions Spain back in the group stages. Tottenham will be keen to have him back fit and ready however it's clear Di Natale's morale will be crushed after this defeat. The defending champions disposed of Italy with relative ease after a brace in the opening 45 minutes before Di Natale's introduction into the game at half-time as a substitute for Cassano. Di Natale looked bright but was unable to help Italy claw themselves into a winning position. The former Tottenham Hotspur captain had this to say after the crushing defeat:

Antonio Di Natale Says:

It's a difficult result to take but we lost to the better team in the end. They got started quicker and we had very difficult circumstances to play in after Chiellini and Motta went off with injury problems. It's been incredible to get this far and i'll go back to White Hart Lane with my head held high but obviously bitterly disappointed. We as a nation will now look forward to the World Cup qualifiers and i'll try to get into the team by hopefully performing well for Tottenham.

In Other News..

Aleksandar Kolarov, Clint Dempsey, Thorgan Hazard and Mateo Kovacic have all sealed moves away from Tottenham Hotspur for a combined fee of £18.3M. Jose Mourinho also continue's his hunt for an additional winger to the Tottenham side after falling short with various other targets.

tottenham-hotspur.gif

Hernandez and Martinez Signed!

scaled.php?server=833&filename=hernandezspurs.jpg&res=landingscaled.php?server=208&filename=martinezspurs.jpg&res=landing

Tottenham Hotspur have sealed deals for South American duo Jackson Martinez and Javier Hernandez for a combined fee of £21.3M signalling an end to Luis Fabiano and Pavel Pogrebnyak's stay at the club as both have been transfer listed. Controversial former Tottenham man Adel Taarabt has also sealed a move back to the North London club from QPR for £4.5M but the main focal point has been the signing of the South American pair who provide brilliant back up to Di Natale and Podolski. Hernandez arrives from Internazionale after being informed he could leave after not featuring in the new manager's plans. Tottenham sealed his signature in a £15M move and ended his stay at the Italian club where he only notched up 13 appearances and 4 goals in the last two seasons. It is believed Tottenham lured him to White Hart Lane with the realisitc chance of first team football provided the Mexican can perform.

More surprisingly Tottenham have taken a chance on Columbian forward Jackson Martinez after signing him for a fee of £6.3M from Jaguares de Chiapas. Martinez is very much an unproven striker in Division 1 with no previous experience of the division. The 25 year old is also aware that he is behind the pecking order of Di Natale, Podolski and Hernandez but is eager to impress at any opportunity and will want to show Jose Mourinho that he is worth every penny of his transfer fee.

When touching down in London Hernandez and Martinez both had this to say individually about their moves to Tottenham and the "excitement" of it:

Javier Hernandez Says:

After spending the last 5 years in Italy with Internzionale, it's a new experience for me to be here and while I loved my time in Italy, it was time for a change and with a new manager coming in and informing me I was free to leave I made the decision to come to Tottenham where I can hopefully prove myself and repay them for their trust in me despite me barely featuring for Inter in the last 2 years.

Jackson Martinez Says:

It's very good to be here, it's very much a new experience for me with Tottenham Hotspur. I want to show the boss that I am capable of performing at this level and can be prolific. I'm excited about the first training session coming up and want to start performing as early as that to get a look into being a pivotal member of the squad in the coming seasons.