Best Player?

KopStar

Best Player?  

1. 1.

• Ronaldinho
    • Zidane
    • Ronaldo (the REAL one- the one from Brazil)
    • Figo
    • Henry
    • Beckham
    • Gerrard
    • Keane (Roy not the one at Spurs or wherever he is now)
    • Cantona
    • Other (specify)

Re: Best Player?

'He and Cristiano are the best in the world, but in today's game, in the modern game, Cristiano is the most complete player in the world.

'Cristiano can score goals with his left, with his right, with his head and from set-pieces.

'Messi is excellent with all the great things he has, but Cristiano is a more complete player than him.'

He added: 'Cristiano is the best player that I have played with. I have played against Zidane, but I did not play with him.

'Ronaldo is the best for his genius and his speed of thought. Ronaldinho is very close to that level.'

Kaka, a week ago

Just saying ;)

Ok for starters' date=' comparing the last 4 seasons is a retarded argument, I mean cut off one of Ronaldo's most productive seasons and one of Messi's most unproductive. If you were to go 5 seasons Ronaldo's stats own Messi's.[/quote']

Exactly why stats are useless. You can comprehensively show Messi is the better player but also that Ronaldo is better.

Second were we to compare them based on say' date=' seasons spent in the same league:rolleyes: they have exactly the same stats.[/quote']

If they have the same stats, that doesn't show Ronaldo's better.

Third' date=' Internationals dont mean anything??? When trying to compare the best players in the world I do believe Internationals mean a lot. They are highly competitive matches played by very good players.[/quote']

The vast majority of matches a player will play are club games. Besides, Ronaldo's not done anything of note with Portugal. He's scored a few more goals than Messi but you'd expect that considering he's the focal point of the attack. Messi plays more of a provider role for Argentina as he's very capable there and they have so many other top quality strikers.

The world player of the year thing is also a spastic argument. The fact that Messi got it last year was a farce and everyone knew it. Wesley Sneijder was by far and away the most consistent player in world football for that year. Did the treble and guided his team to the world cup final' date=' scoring 5 goals. Don't get me wrong, Messi had a great season but Sneijder's was better. Oh and Ronaldo scored more goals than him last season.[/quote']

It's far from a 'spastic' argument. You judge them on individual awards and Messi wins. WPOTY is judged on the calendar year and Sneijder was far from world beating from August till December. Ronaldo scored more goals because every Real chance in their last few games was given to Ronaldo so he could break the record number of La Liga goals in a season. In their last 4 games of the season Real scored 21 goals and Ronaldo got 11 of them (52%) in contrast to the rest of the season where Ronaldo got 29 of 81 goals scored by Real (36%).

And finally' date=' you fail to point out the fact that Messi plays his club football in front of one of (if not the most) dominant midfield's of all time. I'm not saying Madrid's isn't good but Xavi>Xabi, Iniesta>Ozil.[/quote']

Real scored more league goals than Barcelona so I don't see your point. Their midfields have different styles and most would rate Barca's better man for man but they create a similar amount of chances.

I would rate Ronaldo and Messi very similarly but Messi's honours (both individual and club) give him the edge IMO.

Kaka' date=' a week ago

Just saying ;)[/quote']

im sure iniesta and xavi would say the same about messi... argument nulled

dont see why you Ronaldo fan bois even like him , pathetic excuse for a footballer all about the £££ dives , cheats , arrogant and he also left your club after trying to escape for 2 years :P any person who watches football and not just man united on the telly when they remember there playing or just catch half the highlights on MOTD will tell you Messi is better , younger and more of a team players , contributes more , works harder , fits the team he plays in better and would be welcome in any team in the world. Ronaldo wouldnt get in Barcelona he doesnt pass the ball.

But they didn't though did they ;) Because they know that If they were honest' date=' Messi and indeed everyone related to Barcelona wouldn't be very happy :P[/quote']

if you asked them they would say

they dont need to go out of there way to gloat about how great they are , they already know :)

You do realise what i was doing was bending the stats in my favour just like he does? and you must also realise that Messi was 18/19 when he had that 'unproductive season' and Ronaldo 22/23 ...

You've called me a spastic and the other word in paragraph which tbh is vile and as of such am not going to dignify your arguments with a response ... you do realise this is an internet forum? the fact your argument had to suggest i have some form of disability proves you must be an angry little boy with nothing better to do than try and bully your argument through :)

i never said i believed messi to be better i was just giving him some facts to argue against the troll so shut your vile mouth please and get off this forum ' date=' i cant beleive them words arent *'d when words like raped are.[/quote']

Ahhhh makes sense now, I apologise for the offence caused, but I mean you WERE trying to make a retarded argument:p and I didnt call you spastic merely the argument itself.

Exactly why stats are useless. You can comprehensively show Messi is the better player but also that Ronaldo is better.

My point exactly.

If they have the same stats' date=' that doesn't show Ronaldo's better. [/quote']

Again my point as it shows neither is Messi.

The vast majority of matches a player will play are club games. Besides' date=' Ronaldo's not done anything of note with Portugal. He's scored a few more goals than Messi but you'd expect that considering he's the focal point of the attack. Messi plays more of a provider role for Argentina as he's very capable there and they have so many other top quality strikers.[/quote']

At the beginning of his Portugal career Ronaldo played wide. Still does quite often. Messi has also played many games as the focus of Argentina's attack.

It's far from a 'spastic' argument. You judge them on individual awards and Messi wins. WPOTY is judged on the calendar year and Sneijder was far from world beating from August till December. Ronaldo scored more goals because every Real chance in their last few games was given to Ronaldo so he could break the record number of La Liga goals in a season. In their last 4 games of the season Real scored 21 goals and Ronaldo got 11 of them (52%) in contrast to the rest of the season where Ronaldo got 29 of 81 goals scored by Real (36%).

This may be true but it doesn't take anything away from his achievement.

Real scored more league goals than Barcelona so I don't see your point. Their midfields have different styles and most would rate Barca's better man for man but they create a similar amount of chances.

The point I was trying to make was in regards to the style of football and the fact that Barcelona like to pass it around whereas Madrid are much more direct' date=' thus making the whole "Messi passes it while Ronaldo dribbles" point moot.

I would rate Ronaldo and Messi very similarly but Messi's honours (both individual and club) give him the edge IMO.

I also agree with this, I think Messi is the better player on skills alone but I feel Ronaldo gets a hard time from those that don't like him. I have seen Messi dive quite a lot but the fact that people bring up Ronaldo's diving and use it as a factor in choosing the best player is silly. Both players dive.

• 3 weeks later...

Ronaldo not done anything with Portugal, i think u find he done 7/8 goals in 8/9 games in the euro's

What skill does Messi have, cutting in and out all the time? when do you see Messi use his shoulder or back as a pass? that is what i call skill

You hardly see Messi doing 30-40 metres free kick like Ronaldo or even shooting from that distance

You hardly see Messi header a ball, before u say height chicharito is like a couple of centimetres taller

I think Ronaldo even faster then Messi

Ronaldo not done anything with Portugal' date=' i think u find he done 7/8 goals in 8/9 games in the euro's

What skill does Messi have, cutting in and out all the time? when do you see Messi use his shoulder or back as a pass? that is what i call skill

You hardly see Messi doing 30-40 metres free kick like Ronaldo or even shooting from that distance

You hardly see Messi header a ball, before u say height chicharito is like a couple of centimetres taller

I think Ronaldo even faster then Messi[/quote']

to be fair if messi did take 30-40 metre free kicks he couldnt be much worse at them than ronaldo is

Cristiano Ronaldo should be on the list and maybe Messi, wouldn't of voted for either but wait wait wait. BECKHAM!!! im a fan but he just isnt and hasnt been one of the best IMO. i say Ronaldinho the tricks he does puts CR and Messi to shame when he was at Barcelona he could dance round 3/4 players at a time incredible. i also think Zidane nearly had my vote and Roy Keane he's a legend.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...