Reporting Harrasment!

John96revenge

1st time post and 1st time in the forum although been playin the game for a while.

iv pressed the report abuse in the private messages but this is all linked to the 1 user. in a nutshell beat some in a game last night and received abuse for it. guy is obviously a sore loser on this game. blocked him because i cannot be bothered to come onto a GAME to receive abuse for winning a match. now im bein bombarded by his scumbag friends with all kinds of threats. obviously these threats do not bother me because its childish internet threats, but its the principle. i dont pay good money to play this game and reserve clubs etc to put up with abuse from people when the game doesnt go their way.

So is there anyway to report this in detail? some people need to get a life and stop taking this game so serious, dont see why i should have to endure this nonsense

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Reporting Harrasment!

If you deem it to be offensive/inappropriate then click on the Block button as well as Report to SMFA. This will be reviewed in due course and the appropriate action taken if necessary.

• 6 months later...

I have been getting abusive messages from a couple of managers on chat this afternoon. I have tried blocking both numerous times, but it doesn't seem to work! :confused: I can't report these messages to the SMFA, because they came on chat, and not via private message.

I have sent in a bug ticket, even though it says tickets regarding abuse will be closed without reply, just in case. I am a paying Gold Member, I have paid the money because I enjoy this game. I haven't paid to be abused and called every name under the sun. I would very much appreciate it if the appropriate action was taken against the 2 accounts below...

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=4054351

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=4063181

I look forward to your response.

If you deem it to be offensive/inappropriate then click on the Block button as well as Report to SMFA. This will be reviewed in due course and the appropriate action taken if necessary.

Shouldn't this just read 'action'.

Because one may argue that 'appropriate action' for the childish little schmuck is a slap round the ear, sterilisation of his mother, national service, church attendance throughout the year whilst having his fingers removed to nullify the threat of any of the rest of us receiving messages from this drain on our society? :P

On a serious note though the block option is pretty easy to use in chat and has 'defeated' a number of these 'keyboard warriors' who seem to have the intellect of a pencil.

Shouldn't this just read 'action'.

Because one may argue that 'appropriate action' for the childish little schmuck is a slap round the ear' date=' sterilisation of his mother, national service, church attendance throughout the year whilst having his fingers removed to nullify the threat of any of the rest of us receiving messages from this drain on our society? :P

On a serious note though the block option is pretty easy to use in chat and has 'defeated' a number of these 'keyboard warriors' who seem to have the intellect of a pencil.[/quote']

I must have pressed the 'block' button about 10 times for each manager now, but yet, neither are blocked. There is something wrong with it right now. I've had to decline a friend request about a gazillion times too.

I must have pressed the 'block' button about 10 times for each manager now' date=' but yet, neither are blocked. There is something wrong with it right now. [b']I've had to decline a friend request about a gazillion times too.[/b]

That was a bug last week bud which lasted for about 5 days. I imagine the 2 would be linked so as they were recently fixed I would assume the block and decline options will work as intended now mate.

That was a bug last week bud which lasted for about 5 days. I imagine the 2 would be linked so as they were recently fixed I would assume the block and decline options will work as intended now mate.

Still doesn't work. Just tried again now. Clicked on the profile again seconds after blocking, and it's been undone.

Still doesn't work. Just tried again now. Clicked on the profile again seconds after blocking' date=' and it's been undone.[/quote']

mmmm. Works for me at present. If that isn't working for you send the bug ticket so SM can have a little look into the bug for you.

Once that has been 'fixed' for you then your problems should hopefully be eradicated mate.

thanks for the reply. well they can be construed as racist in this world of political nonsense. im scottish and being abused because of my nationality. all by english people

If they are bringing your nationality into it then yes that is racist. Let us know how that pans out because it sounds like an easy case for SM to answer.