IEFA European Masters Championship Match Reports/Transfer News Thread

Re: IEFA European Masters Championship Match Reports/Transfer News Thread

200px-FCB.svg.png

Barcelona Appoint New Manager

Barcelona have appointed Camila De Almeida Brum as their new manager after Pep Guardiola sensationally walked out. Camila has been speaking to the press following her appointment:

This is a dream come true to manage the best team in the world I will be looking to continue with the same star players as I will look to keep the core team together. I will cutting out the fringe players to make room for the emerging talent from our academy and from teams overseas.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS74Srg2ZHInqKHrZrzFrLmNcox7xeF2Yyyu3ScfqcM7_B0hHNS

Villa - Messi - Pedro

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvIP8EHwlm110RZLYrpyePo5I5tQ2hQjClggG12RuIQYKP5BiG

Pique - Puyol

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOIXOM5Msse6kvy0_L3DCW26RiPBGa74OTiXff9JfkmFm607_nJg

Iniesta - Busquets - Xavi

Barcelona will be looking to put in top performances in all competitions and entertain there fans with some magical football. This will truly be a great season for the spectator to see what this Barcelona team can really do. They will want to hit the ground running and will be looking into the transfer market to boost their numbers and to also put out some competitive cup teams.

1678.gif

Porto's new manager

FC Porto have shocked the media and fans by appointing newcomer Nikidinho as their new manager. If rumours are to be believed, it was the Portuguese he spoke that was the deciding factor in his signing.

The manager moved fast, to say he was extremely happy to be competing against other great and respected managers. On trophies, he said Porto can expect some sort of silver ware by the end of the next two seasons. "Either the league cup, or the title will be ours"

News from the Porto camp also suggests Helton Arruda was removed as the captain and the arm band was given to Hulk. This means Nikidinho's in the market for a new keeper.

200px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Eltringham Hired as New Manchester United Manager

Manchester United have announced that they have appointed Ian Eltringham to replace club legend Sir Alex Ferguson. The appointment of the relative unknown is seen as a promotion from within the club under the recommendation and guidance of Sir Alex Ferguson who will stay on at the club for at least 12 months as an advisor and to aid the transition.

The new manager has been given substantial funds to improve the squad. With the recent signings of David De Gea, Phil Jones and Ashley Young it is believed Eltringham will continue with Sir Alex Ferguson's orginal plans and look to sign at least one quality central midfielder before the season starts.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTw3dMTmjTIzbnkOz8fSe7eVT64kQzpixrDEefLMkb-y8isFphJzA

Ajax unveil Chris Hogg as new manager.

My plans are to bring in some forward talent to hopefully take The dutch giants back to where they belong.

Forwards and Wingers are my main priority,as the defence and midfield are fairly strong,any forwards for sale will be quickly snapped up as Ajax want to hit the ground running.

Manchester City appoint unproven manager

t1larg.villas.boas.gi.jpg

English Football club Manchester City have today comfirmed the star appointment of inexpierenced yet succesful manager Ashley Duffy. The teenage tactician has been appointed following the shock removal of Italien Mancini this morning following a disagrement with the Abu Dhabi owners over transfer policy.

A £20,000,000 record compensation package has been sent to Ashley Duffy's club Bolton Wanderers in order to gain his services. The young Englishman has has success in his short managerial carrear leading Bradford City from Division 4 to Division 1 with great success after which he then moved onto Southampton and Brighton where he achieved respective championship winning seasons for both south coast clubs. Ashey Duffy's most famed success however came at Bolton where he achieved European football for 4 years in succession also winning a English Cup and coming runner up in the Europa League being narrowly beaten by Sunderland. However with the formation of the IEFA European Masters Championship there was major speculation of a big money move away for Duffy with Barcelona and Real Madrid supposedly calling for his services , however it was Manchester City that matched the big money compensation requested by the Bolton Wanderers board.

Schalke 04 Manager hope to restore past glories

TN189803_789px-Schalke_04_Fans_664.jpg

Clifford knows he can rely on the massive Schalke fanbase to get the trophies they both desperately want.

Schalke 04 have decided to go down a foreign route by appointing English manager Andrew Clifford as there new manager,with the club hoping to emulate the success of another foreign manager to have given Schalke a wonderful past in Huub Stevens who lead Schalke to a UEFA Cup victory in 1997 and DFB Pokal wins in 2001 and 2002,Clifford feels the best way to do this is to go down a youthful route and build for the future,he feels the majority of the players at the club fit in with his policy but there is expected to be around about 10 departures and 10 arrivals to fully reshape the squad into one the manager is happy with.

Vik Is The New Man At Valencia

MESTALLA.jpg

Sensational news some my say, but experienced manager Vik P has decided to take over the vacant managerial role at Valencia. The fans reactions seem positive, and with Vik P looking to bring young talents, the future could be looking bright. He has already stated his intentions, and would like to get rid of the ageing players. We cannot confirm any signings yet, but we can confirm that Valencia's future is guaranteed to be bright.

TEVEZ - I WANT OUT

Manchester-City-striker-Carlos-Tevez-attracts-Inter-Milan-and-Barcelona-56648.jpg

Carlos Tevez has today sensationally told the Manchester City board that he wants to leave the club in order for his family to be able to live with him. The statement comes only months after the Argentine hitman signed a new 5 year contract worth in excess of £150,000 a week.

Two clubs have already shown an interest in the wantaway star although Ashley Duffy is said to be waiting a few hours to see what sort of bids come in. Carlos is said to be open to a move anywhere where his family could easily settle in and the club are ready to either cash in the star for money or for a potential two for one. Although Carlos is desprate for a move away Ashley Duffy has claimed the star can only move if the price is right.

In other news Netherlands international midfielder Wesley Snejder has joined from Italian side Inter Milan with Spanish winger David Silva and German defender Jerome Boatang going in the other dirrection. Wesley will join up witht he squad tommorow morning ahead of the opening day fixtures and is set to play a part. More quality names are set to be unvieled when the club is ready. Roumers suggest Frank Ribery and Arjen Robern as well as Athletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero have been inquired into as well as a potential deal for Samual Eto'o the pipeline

Manchester United Sign Gregory Van Der Wiel

1278112769-bong-da-bantin2.jpg

Dutch international right back Gregory Van Der Wiel has completed his move to Manchester United from Ajax Amsterdam in a deal which sees Bulgarian hitman Dimitar Berbatov moving to the Netherlands in exchange. Manchester United have also agreed to allow Chris Smalling to join Danny Welbeck at Ajax on loan for a season with the option of a second season as part of the deal.

Gregory Van Der Wiel is considered to be one of the most talented right backs in the world and his arrival at Old Trafford has been met with approval by the Manchester United fans.

With Brazlilian youngster Rafael also competing for the right back position 31 year old Wes Brown is now deemed surplus to requirements and has been informed that he will leave after spending 19 years at the club.

Feyenoord Collapse as Rooney Runs Riot

Wayne_Rooney_1472157c.jpg

Manchester United manager Ian Eltringham will be delighted with the form of Wayne Rooney in what was a masterful display in their pre-season friendly against Feyenoord at Old Trafford on Thursday night. The England International striker inspired his side to a dominant 5-0 victory getting on the score sheet twice and making one assist.

Rooney played through the centre of a 3 pronged attack and was a constant threat throughout the 90 minutes. He was rewarded for his efforts when he opened the scoring in the 21st minute with a fantastic volley. Rooney continued to torment the Feyenoord defence as they struggled to cope with his pace, power and movement finally scoring United’s 5th goal of the match on the 78th minute after tapping in a rebound.

It was a fine display all round for the Manchester United team with Michael Carrick and Luis Nani also looking particularly impressive in a match that they dominated from start to finish.

Manchester United kick-off their season at the Vicente Calderón on Sunday night against Spanish giants Atletico Madrid. Judging by Thursday’s performance against Feyenoord they look more than ready for the challenge ahead.

Four Players Set to Join Manchester United

39602_1308062275.jpg30833_1292787165.jpg38848_1308124201.jpg37428_1289434217.jpg

Manchester United have confirmed today that Alberto Botia, Armin Bacinovic, Thibaut Courtois and Luuk De Jong will complete their moves to Old Trafford in the next 24 hours. The club have also confirmed that they have lodged bids for another 5 players including their prime target, France international midfielder Yann M'Vila and should have news on those targets later today.

Porto.gif

The Return of The Beast

Yesterday saw the sensational return of ex Porto captain, Bruno Alves to Portugal.

The 6 foot 3 inch centre back, nicknamed 'The Beast' was absolutely delighted to be back home. In an interview with Diário de Notícias, he said "I cannot believe I am back with FC Porto. As soon as I heard Porto were one of the clubs interested in me, I knew where I was headed. However, convincing my club to sell me to them was another thing. Luckily, Nikidinho wanted me as much as I wanted to be at Porto, and so a transfer was possible"

93362.jpg

Nikidinho will be returning the captain's armband to Bruno Alves, from a visibly distraught Hulk, who captained the team for the first time today. When asked about it, he said "Yes, Givanildo is a good captain and is passionate about the game, but I need someone stable at the back, with good technical ability who can dictate the game, which is just what Bruno gives me."

The news of Bruno Alves returning has delighted the players, especially Otamendi, who's hoping to learn from him and follow in his footsteps.

"I have admired Bruno for a long time, and was sad to see him playing for Zenit when I arrived in Portugal, but now he's back and playing alongside him is just a dream come true." said Nicolas.

21793d1261840064-porto-champions-world-bruno.jpg

Bruno in all his glory

Transfer Roundup:

Yann M'vila

41473_1281454731.jpg

A calm player who looks like he's been around for decades, Yann has an uncanny mix of youth with the composure of an experienced professional. Yann will be replacing Fernando Francisco after the swap deal in which he moved to French club Rennes. "We are extremely happy to have him" Said Nikidinho "especially after Manchester United got a very good bid in"

Diego Lopez

8044_1209755861.jpg

At the start of the season, Nikidinho said he was looking to bring in a new keeper, and that's exactly what he did. Ex Villarreal keeper Diego Lopez joined in a sensational two player swap deal which saw Helton and Pimparel Beto move to Villarreal. Diego will be starting all the games from now on, but will be facing competition from young Portuguese keeper Hugo Ventura.

Anatoliy Tymoschuk

4169_1248798122.jpg

The fourth player brought in so far was Anatoliy. The Ukrainian was sold to Porto by Bayern Munchen for a reported fee of just £6.0M. It's an extremely good deal for Porto who need a man who can drop back to allow Joao Moutinho and M'vila to do the attacking work.

search%3Fq%3DMalm%25C3%25B6%2BFF%26um%3D1%26hl%3Dsv%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1536%26bih%3D667%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=604&vpy=139&dur=858&hovh=184&hovw=274&tx=149&ty=74&page=1&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0&biw=1536&bih=667

Malmö FF's newly appointed manager, Jonas Johansson, has started making some progress on the transfer market, and some signings that you all can expect are:

Name / Position / Age / Rating / Previous Club / Transfer Fee / Offered Players

Pierrick Cros / GK / 21 / 84 / Sochaux / 0 / Johan Dahlin

Jonas Olsson / CB / 28 / 86 / West Brom / 120k / Markus Halsti + Dejan Garaca

Phil Bardsley / RB, LB / 26 / 87 / Sunderland / 400k / Agon Mehmeti

Ernesto Galan / RB, CB / 25 / 85 / Espanyol / 0 / Figueriedo Wilton

Andy Wilkinson / RB, LB / 26 / 86 / Stoke / 0 / Ulrich Vinzents

Fabrice Muamba / CM, DM / 23 / 87 / Bolton / 0 / Daniel Andersson

Pontus Wernbloom/ CM, DM / 25 / 86 / AZ / 0 / Ivo Pekalski

Johan Larsson / RM, Winger/ 21/ 80 / Elfsborg / 0 / Rick Kruys

Hugo Rodallega / Fwd, Winger / 25 / 88 / Wigan / 620k / Daniel Larsson

These are the current accepted bids (alongside Clint Dempsey, however Fluham have accepted another bid for him, so will see what happens there).

"As you can see we are making some big changes in the squad, and I see this as important if we want to stay out of relegation this season" says Jonas and continues:

"I've also only made bids on players which I think will do good for now, and in the long term, 'cause I'll stay at Malmö for a long time, and my goal is to win Division 1 sometime in the future" he finishes the interview.

Porto.gif

RSC Anderlecht VS FC Porto

Match Report

It was a dreadful day for Elton and his "incomplete" Anderlecht team, as they were mercilessly thrashed and tossed aside by a dominant and superior FC Porto.

The goals came from star striker Radamel Falcao, Silvestre Varela and Yann M'vila.

However, luck was not on the side of the home team as they had two players sent off in the 27th and 67th minute. Romelu Lukaku was dismissed after headbutting Falcao, after his amazing goal. Sources say it was pure jealousy that caused Lukaku to take a Zidane like route to get himself sent off in a game he knew his team were never going to win.

80962_romelu_lukaku_300_225.jpg

Lukaku telling the ref that Falcao dived.

Then around the 60th minute mark, Elton gave his team orders to fight for the ball and do whatever it takes to win. Kljestan went after Moutinho and took him down, whether or not with the intention to win the ball, was unknown. The referee showed him a straight red.

The Goals:

Falcao scored the first after dribbling through three defenders and slotting it into the bottom corner of the net after sending the keeper in the wrong direction.

The exact words of the commentator were:

GOAL!! - An amazing goal by Radamel FALCAO! The keeper had no chance! We're running out of superlatives to describe this guy! He's on fire!

The second was scored by winger Silvestre Varela, after he backheeled the ball into the net in great style!

varela1.jpg

Varela shows his appreciation to Falcao, who set up the goal.

The third and final goal was a toe poke by Yann M'vila who showed great awareness and reactions by getting to the ball first. It came through a corner delivered by Varela. After Marchena failed to clear the ball, M'vila pounced and Porto were 3-0 up.

Transfer News:

Both Andoni Iraola and Emboaba Oscar completed their moves today from Athletic club de Bilbao and Internacional respectively.

Manager Nikidinho was quoted saying

"Andoni is a hard working and experienced player who, in my honest opinion should be starting ahead of Sergio Ramos in the Spanish national team. He has the pace, stamina, strength and desire to succeed at the highest level and is ready to fulfill that at Porto.

Emboaba is an extremely talented player who I believe should fit in perfectly with his South American counterparts, James Rodriguez, Mateus Kelvin and Juan Iturbe. He'll be playing for the youth squad now, but expect to see him on the bench for the cup games."

• 3 weeks later...