phil jones

angelbm

Re: phil jones

Future of England and Manchester United. Him and Smalling will take over from Ferdinand/Terry and Ferdinand/Vidic. Potentially 94+ in a few years time.

Need I say any more?

94, no way. He still has to learn a lot about the game, but if he works hard he will become a world class ENGLISH footballer. Not so sure about 94 though. Maybe 89 by 2012.

EDIT: I should add that I meant the end of 2012/13 season.

94' date=' no way. He still has to learn a lot about the game, but if he works hard he will become a world class ENGLISH footballer. Not so sure about 94 though. Maybe 89 by 2012.

EDIT: I should add that I meant the end of 2012/13 season.[/quote']

Surely that's a bit biased. He might be able to reach 90 by the end of next season as Ferdinand is likely to pick up a fair few injuries ;)

Matters who is Ferguson's pick. Smalling or Jones.

Surely that's a bit biased. He might be able to reach 90 by the end of next season as Ferdinand is likely to pick up a fair few injuries ;)

Matters who is Ferguson's pick. Smalling or Jones.

Smalling more likely, but you never know ;)

94' date=' no way. He still has to learn a lot about the game, but if he works hard he will become a world class ENGLISH footballer. Not so sure about 94 though. Maybe 89 by 2012.

EDIT: I should add that I meant the end of 2012/13 season.[/quote']

So because he's English you're saying it's unlikely to get 94!? Err.. Why?

You do know Terry and Ferdinand used to be rated 96 right? Did they win anything with England? No. Did they win things with their clubs? Yes. Have they been consistently two of the best defenders in the world over the past 7 or 8 years? Yes.

So because he's English you're saying it's unlikely to get 94!? Err.. Why?

You do know Terry and Ferdinand used to be rated 96 right? Did they win anything with England? No. Did they win things with their clubs? Yes. Have they been consistently two of the best defenders in the world over the past 7 or 8 years? Yes.

I'm saying that not many english footballers succeed these days. But over the past few years they have. 94 is a bit extravagant for now, we will have to wait for the end of the 11/12 season to see if he plays or not.