Sign in to follow this  
tubsolard

Phil JONES or Stefan SAVIC

I can sign either of these, or both, but I need opinions!

I can't see JONES getting much game time for Man Utd and rising much from his 87 in the near future but certainly one for the long term future.

Will SAVIC get some games for Man City and is he as good a prospect as Phil JONES?

I could get them both but I would prefer to keep some cash behind for a rainy day!

Cheers!

Re: Phil JONES or Stefan SAVIC

I can sign either of these' date=' or both, but I need opinions!

I can't see JONES getting much game time for Man Utd and rising much from his 87 in the near future but certainly one for the long term future.

Will SAVIC get some games for Man City and is he as good a prospect as Phil JONES?

I could get them both but I would prefer to keep some cash behind for a rainy day!

Cheers![/quote']

Jones has a better chance of playing. Savic has to get through Kompany, Lescott, Toure when he comes back, Boyata, Boateng and even Richards.

Can see Jones playing, Ferdinand's still made of glass and Jones I think is better then Smalling. He can also play DM so he'll get plenty of time. Would get him.

Thanks.

Smalling looked the better player for the U21's recently and has looked solid for Man Utd so I can't see Jones playing in front of him however with Brown gone and the fact they paid £16.5m for him, I would still hope he got games!

I'll stay loyal to England since I'm managing an English team and lump for Jones!

I can sign either of these' date=' or both, but I need opinions!

Cheers![/quote']

Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones. Did I mention Jones?

Seriously I was partly shocked someone had asked this. Jones will rise he's played a lot for United he's playing games for England and a lot of pundits have been putting him in their best back 4 for england (Mark Lawreson, Lineker, Hansen and several on football Focus) :P

so yeah dont worry abotu Jones getting games :P. Ferdinand is just dire atm and I hate seeing him name on the United teamsheet before games. Jones and Vidic IMO are Uniteds best CB's Smalling is great too but not as good as Jones.

Jones has played more games this season than any other player for united. Savic has featured in a few cup games for city but he's made mistakes.

Jones every time.

This question was asked at the start of July, when both players had just signed for their respective clubs. Back then, we didn't know that Jones would be getting as many minutes as he is, or Savic as little minutes. It's easy to say Jones 100% now, but back then, it wasn't a given. However, saying all that, I still would have gone with Jones. :P

Jones - 12 games this season is a sharp up coming CB, even wayne said he did not like going up against him, one of the best.

Savic - 14 games for Manchester City 6 of witch was epl games, a bright young star but as said before can he make his way frew the YA players coming to City as well as top names like Toure who will soon be back, I think not but is a bright spark for long term.

On this base go for Jones, Ferdinand is a shadow of his former self and see him soon leaving United to move to a lower league like the MLS or somthing.

His only prob is Chris Smalling, a cracking 22 year old there but think Phil can do it and move up to the mark with Vidic but we all no who will be the next United duo with Jones and Smalling.!

This question was asked at the start of July' date=' when both players had just signed for their respective clubs. Back then, we didn't know that Jones would be getting as many minutes as he is, or Savic as little minutes. It's easy to say Jones 100% now, but back then, it wasn't a given. However, saying all that, I still would have gone with Jones. :P[/quote']

Ha ha, thanks! At least someone noticed this question was asked quite a long time ago and doesn't think it so stupid of a question! I managed to sign both anyway!