Sign in to follow this  
liam bowden

buy out clauses

i get really annoyed when people dont reply to your bids or just dont except any amount of money so i think there should be a buy out clause of anywhere under a hundred million for a player or if the person doesnt respond within a week SM takes care of the deal.

get back to me with the idea please

Re: buy out clauses

i disagree with this idea.

i do agree that it can be annoying when bids aren't answered or people won't budge when trying to buy a player.

but then, why should they have to sell........?

just because you're offering a large sum of money shouldn't mean they have to be forced into accepting the bid. the person that is rejecting the bid may have plenty of money already and doesn't need anymore. maybe it's his favourite player on the game. either way, a buy out clause doesn't seem to be the way forward in my eyes.

i get really annoyed when people dont reply to your bids or just dont except any amount of money so i think there should be a buy out clause of anywhere under a hundred million for a player or if the person doesnt respond within a week SM takes care of the deal.

get back to me with the idea please

I disagree with the buy out clause in a contract, but i do like the idea that if the manager doesn't respond with in a week SM takes care of the deal that is a great idea. I made a bid for Kaka and no one has responded to it yet i made the offer 3 months ago!

I disagree with the buy out clause in a contract' date=' but i do like the idea that if the manager doesn't respond with in a week SM takes care of the deal that is a great idea. I made a bid for Kaka and no one has responded to it yet i made the offer 3 months ago![/quote']

maybe the person who has kaka gets bids for him everyday and is just so sick of replying to them he may have decided not too now..

maybe the person who has kaka gets bids for him everyday and is just so sick of replying to them he may have decided not too now..

That is y SM have to bring back the reject all button it still doesn't work atleast then u know he is not interested in selling. Y hasn't a manager replied to my offer for G.Neiville i made it 2 months ago ! U cant tell me he is getting loads of offers everday for him can u.

That is y SM have to bring back the reject all button it still doesn't work atleast then u know he is not interested in selling. Y hasn't a manager replied to my offer for G.Neiville i made it 2 months ago ! U cant tell me he is getting loads of offers everday for him can u.
I think SM have fixed the Reject All bug.

I expect he does get loads of bids for Neville, he is high rated, old and thus cheap so everyone will be trying their luck.

I suppose if the manager in charge of the player could set a buy out fee it might work ok, as it would mean the player would only move for a fee they accepted. This is just like the Minimum Bid Threshold idea which i have suggested a few times and that has gone around loads before on the forum (search on it and you will find many threads)

You have answered yourself,you say he cant be getting many offers ,so why wait yourself for two months if he is not so great now,i think you will find he is still highly sort by certain clubs,yours by the looks of things included.

It all ways astounds me why managers wait so long instead of looking else where. :)

buy out clauses are a fantastic idea' date=' and would add alot of realism to transfers. But would this be for all players, or just some like in real life??[/quote']

for any player you hold in high regards and want to keep or want that much for them when somebody bids for them.

I don't accept that SM takes care of the bid after one week. As many managers have plenty of thing to do other than SM, so if we give them the right to log one time at least each X days so we must accept the idea that they will not answer the bid during this time.

I propose that when you make a bid you get an automatic reply about this manager last logging day. Than in this case the proposal can decide if he will wait or search for an other player to buy.

I have to agree with Fraser on this one. Why should people be made to sell their players? Only a small number of players have buy out clauses in real life, it is mostly up to the manager who the clubs sell so why should SM be any different? Someone has said that it would make it more realistic how would it? Like I say not many players these days have buy out clauses so every player on SM having a buy out clause would make it unrealistic IMO

Prob not, the Minimum Bid thing by teb would be better, IMO.

Buy out clauses would add more complication to the buying of a player ie u would have to set it in case ur bid gets accepted by the player. And if this player increases in rating, someone could just use buyout clause to buy the player cheaply.

No there should not be any buy out clauses. If this happens all the players would be on the move. It is quite easy to accumulate money and put a buy out clause here. It would take all the fun out. But SM controlling deals after a week could be thought about

i have another idea and it should be offered to everyone if someone buys a player and the team is like 4th last if the team gets relegated the player returns to his former team like one of the players did at west ham

i don't think rep should be affected by not replying... it will mean people who don't access SM regularly are made to look like lower class of users, which doesn't seem fair.

i don't think i fully understand your idea, playakid, as I don't see how this links in to what has been talked about?

i don't think rep should be affected by not replying... it will mean people who don't access SM regularly are made to look like lower class of users' date=' which doesn't seem fair.

i don't think i fully understand your idea, playakid, as I don't see how this links in to what has been talked about?[/quote']

I do believe S/M are thinking of just Auto rejecting bids after a certain time if not answered,i think that would be far better than losing rep points,because this issue is fetched up loads of times and plenty of valid reasons why messages not answered.

I certainly think for the time being an auto rejection would work better than auto acceptance' date=' as the latter is just going to really really annoy people if they have any time away from their club.[/quote']

To be honest and quite frank though ,i think with all the cosmetic bits S/M have been doing ,i would rather have seen a bit more time given to something like a minimum threshold etc. :)