I feel like the whole substitution process could be updated, and I have a few suggestions;

1) if a player gets hurt he should be substituted automatically (with a predetermined player)

2) there could be a feature that would identify the lowest preforming player and sub him, you would have to have multiple settings for this obviously

3) "rolling" substitutions, for instance if your team is drawing after 60 mins then you change the team then they start losing at 73 i would be cool if there were a feature where you could make subs based off of the subs you've already made

- let me know what you guys think, i can clarify if need be it's rather late and i'm off to bed soon

Re: subs

Truly not much point since

1. Injuries are currently received after the end of the match and only as an aesthetic stat, it's fairly random as to whom is going to be injured

2. Same as point 1. the match ratings are only aesthetic and awarded after the game, and usually heavily biased towards attacking players

3. You only get 3 subs, most people make the maximum substitutions at the same time, and as SM have stated the more tactical changes you make the worse off your team will be.

Truly not much point since

1. Injuries are currently received after the end of the match and only as an aesthetic stat' date=' it's fairly random as to whom is going to be injured

2. Same as point 1. the match ratings are only aesthetic and awarded after the game, and usually heavily biased towards attacking players

3. You only get 3 subs, most people make the maximum substitutions at the same time, and as SM have stated the more tactical changes you make the worse off your team will be.[/quote']

Yeap nice post.

Im not sure why, but match ratings always favor the attacking players. this is something which i find annoying because i spend alot of cash on defenders and they hardly ever get 9-10s as regularly as forwards

Yeap nice post.

Im not sure why' date=' but match ratings always favor the attacking players. this is something which i find annoying because i spend alot of cash on defenders and they hardly ever get 9-10s as regularly as forwards[/quote']

in real life do defenders?

firstly 95+ players in my experience are more likely to get higher match ratings for obvious reasons.

more attackers have better ratings than defenders in the general distribution of the game ratings.

that said in my team evra is the 4th highest on average points. behind eto, ribery and ronaldo. eto and ronaldo are ridiculously good atm as well so he has to be behind them.

cole is 6th, behind rooney and those above. seems fair. casillias 7th.

ramos terry and then its ozil.

so the defenders do get decent ratings, average points of 7,5 approx for me is fair enough id say :)

it is just they dont win you games as often as forwards = dont get the ratings.

in real life do defenders?

firstly 95+ players in my experience are more likely to get higher match ratings for obvious reasons.

more attackers have better ratings than defenders in the general distribution of the game ratings.

that said in my team evra is the 4th highest on average points. behind eto' date=' ribery and ronaldo. eto and ronaldo are ridiculously good atm as well so he has to be behind them.

cole is 6th, behind rooney and those above. seems fair. casillias 7th.

ramos terry and then its ozil.

so the defenders do get decent ratings, average points of 7,5 approx for me is fair enough id say :)

it is just they dont win you games as often as forwards = dont get the ratings.[/quote']

This is the average rating stats for my favourite team

YOUNG, Ashley - Wing/AM - 90 - 8.50

ETO'O, Samuel - Fwd - 96 - 8.36

VILLA, David - Fwd - 96 - 8.24

FABREGAS, Cesc - CM/AM - 95 - 8.00

GOMEZ, Mario - CF - 93 - 7.94

SNEIJDER, Wesley - AM/CM - 95 - 7.73

SILVA, David - AM/Wing - 93 - 7.58

WILLIAN, Borges - Wing/AM - 90 - 7.50

CASILLAS, Iker - Gk - 95 - 7.50

HIGUAIN, Gonzalo - Fwd/Wing - 94 - 7.46

ESSIEN, Michael - CM/DM - 95 - 7.46

-------------------------------------

VAN PERSIE, Robin - Fwd/Wing - 93 - 7.45

SCHWEINSTEIGER, Bastian - CM/DM - 94 - 7.41

ROBBEN, Arjen - Wing/Fwd - 94 - 7.40

PIQUE, Gerard - CB - 95 - 7.38

COLE, Ashley - LB - 94 - 7.35

ALONSO, Xabi - DM/CM - 94 - 7.34

LAHM, Philipp - RB/LB - 94 - 7.30

BUSQUETS, Sergio - DM/CM - 94 - 7.26

ALVES, Dani - RB/RM - 95 - 7.21

SILVA, Thiago - CB/DM - 93 - 7.12

KOMPANY, Vincent - CB/DM - 92 - 6.72

As you can see my defenders are all in the bottom half of the table and bar Essien and Casillas the more attack-minded players have the highest average ratings. This is the predominate case for me with most of my teams

This is the average rating stats for my favourite team

YOUNG' date=' Ashley - Wing/AM - 90 - 8.50

ETO'O, Samuel - Fwd - 96 - 8.36

VILLA, David - Fwd - 96 - 8.24

FABREGAS, Cesc - CM/AM - 95 - 8.00

GOMEZ, Mario - CF - 93 - 7.94

SNEIJDER, Wesley - AM/CM - 95 - 7.73

SILVA, David - AM/Wing - 93 - 7.58

WILLIAN, Borges - Wing/AM - 90 - 7.50

CASILLAS, Iker - Gk - 95 - 7.50

HIGUAIN, Gonzalo - Fwd/Wing - 94 - 7.46

ESSIEN, Michael - CM/DM - 95 - 7.46

-------------------------------------

VAN PERSIE, Robin - Fwd/Wing - 93 - 7.45

SCHWEINSTEIGER, Bastian - CM/DM - 94 - 7.41

ROBBEN, Arjen - Wing/Fwd - 94 - 7.40

PIQUE, Gerard - CB - 95 - 7.38

COLE, Ashley - LB - 94 - 7.35

ALONSO, Xabi - DM/CM - 94 - 7.34

LAHM, Philipp - RB/LB - 94 - 7.30

BUSQUETS, Sergio - DM/CM - 94 - 7.26

ALVES, Dani - RB/RM - 95 - 7.21

SILVA, Thiago - CB/DM - 93 - 7.12

KOMPANY, Vincent - CB/DM - 92 - 6.72

As you can see my defenders are all in the bottom half of the table and bar Essien and Casillas the more attack-minded players have the highest average ratings. This is the predominate case for me with most of my teams[/quote']

i agree defenders get lower ratings on the whole, but not always and not as badly as some may think :)

on the whole, it is definately the case forwards do better i agree.

Agree with this thread although I have a funny one in my squad.

My Pedro has an average rating of 6.5 after 8 matches despite scoring 5 goals and making 6 assists. I have the same problem with Hazard, He has scored 11 goals and made 21 assists and yet his average rating is 5.56. They quite regularly get low ratings despite scoring or assisting. Any ideas?