future chelsea goalkeeper

villa4ever

Re: future chelsea goalkeeper

Neither are likely to become number one. Cech is not even 30, and in 4 or 5 years, Chelsea will buy a keeper for 50 million, or a similar large amount. That's what all the big teams do, Manchester United have spent on a new keeper. :)

Personally, I think Ross Turnbull will take the #1 Jersey this season, he's been waiting to explode for... Nine years now. :o

I'd back up Dermo on this one, but I can't really give you my two cents on this one - Courtois I've heard excellent things about, but I saw quite a lot of Delac for Zapresic and was very impressed, but then again the Belgian league is thought of more highly than the Croatian one.

Delac rarely featured at Vitesse last seaosn on loan, so I'd edge slightly towards the Belgian despite myself.

agree that chelsea wont bring either of them on.

jan sebek was the 'next petr cech', he has gone

sam walker, rhys taylor, jamal blackman U17 england keeper are all there too, and must be held in high regard by chelsea. plus courtois & delac, so could be any of them. but more than likely it wont be.

Well Courtois has a real chance of first team football next year with Athletico losing their no. 1, so if in 4/5 years he'll potentially have a very good amount of experience. If he becomes the best keeper in spain then of course he has a great shout at being a chelsea future no.1.

But obviously like all young players, they might not develop like you would think.

who would most likely be the number at Chelsea DELAC' date=' Matej or COURTOIS, Thibaut???? thanks in advance[/quote']

Courtois will become the back-up keeper, unless he becomes a 'superstar' by the age of 24. If this doesn't happen, Chelsea will spend on a better keeper (Like all the big clubs except Arsenal)

• 4 weeks later...

I think a lot of people are overlooking the implementation of the new Financial Fair Play rules, meaning clubs can only spend what they are earning otherwise they are banned from European football.

Chelsea (along with City and possibly some others) will be spending way beyond their means with wages, so to get under the limit they will have to be pretty much making no transfers and selling players. And then if they do make big purchases, I think a goalkeeper is least likely to be a priority, and then I think we can see the introduction of some younger players as they come into their peak.

Might be completely off target here but that's the way I see it..

Archived