Chairman's Valuations on CUSTOM game worlds.

We run a very competitive game world in its 4th season and first of all must say we love the game.

My one and only criticism is based around 'chairman' poking their noses where they shouldn't in my opinion be.

Now i must firstly say that minimum valuations are good and i understand the reasons for them being there in both custom and normal game worlds. I support these wholeheartedly.

However where i have issue is with the 'maximum' bid valuations. Now i can sort of see why this is useful in a normal game world i cannot find any use for it in a custom world. At the least it should be an option that can be turned off if requested.

Some examples, Leo Messi is of course a huge player for any team and i for one would give an arm and a leg to sign him, cash means nothing in competitive worlds so lets throw my best players at the deal and see what happens. Anyone would agree Fabregas and Higuain is a decent deal for Messi, i would happily offer that, in fact if i could i would offer it plus 50 mil or so! Despite this my chairman will not even allow the 2 players deal thus ending all hope of anyone ever signing the player normally. The maximum bid limit only lends to managers being forced to circumnavigate the rules by swapping 3-4 players and exchanging cash amounts to make the deals work by the 'chairman' which leads to some very strange deals which stand out and then require explanation.

Another example where the maximum bid rule comes up to block a potential deal are players like Ashley Young and Hernandez who play for big clubs but are as yet not massively priced. My chairman will not allow me to even swap Theo Waltcott for young straight swap, as the manager of the buying club surely i should be allowed to make that decision if its too high and not be simply blocked.

So my suggestion is to allow custom game worlds the option of removing this feature which is actually preventing our world moving forward as the top players in game valuations can never be met so no one is selling anyone thus threatening to stagnate the entire market. I'm not suggesting removing this over the entire game simply give us the option. If i want to spend 400mil on Messi and its in a private league then i feel i should be allowed.

Re: Chairman's Valuations on CUSTOM game worlds.

As an owner of many custom game worlds I disagree.....I don't want players changing hands for ridiculously stupid prices....I set limits to add a bit of realism to the game.....unlike SM game worlds where managers are demanding tens of millions for some late 30s 80 something rated players.....some managers take on teams with 100s of millions in the bank and think by waving 150 million in someones face they can buy whoever they want....it doesn't wash with me.....I very rarely sell players to other managers and if I do its cause I've transfer listed them.....usually at CV....and generally accept the first bid I get.....even if its only a few mil above CV.....because I want rid of them....custom game world owners should know they can set the maximum bid to "any" if they wish to do so.

As an owner of many custom game worlds I disagree.....I don't want players changing hands for ridiculously stupid prices....I set limits to add a bit of realism to the game.....unlike SM game worlds where managers are demanding tens of millions for some late 30s 80 something rated players.....some managers take on teams with 100s of millions in the bank and think by waving 150 million in someones face they can buy whoever they want....it doesn't wash with me.....I very rarely sell players to other managers and if I do its cause I've transfer listed them.....usually at CV....and generally accept the first bid I get.....even if its only a few mil above CV.....because I want rid of them....custom game world owners should know they can set the maximum bid to "any" if they wish to do so.

I think your missing my point mate' date=' cash bids are not the issue, like i said in my post in competitive game worlds cash value is almost worthless. I agree with your opinion in regard to normal game worlds, this post is however NOT aimed at normal game worlds. And all i am asking for is to be given the CHOICE to have an unlimited bid on player or not. If you feel the system is right then by your choice as owner of the game world you can keep the box ticked and be unaffected.

Not all managers want to only sell players that they don't want. I mean where is the fun in that? I mean i don't want to sell Cesc Fabregas but if someone else in the game world who may really want him offers me a great deal like Busquets and Pedro for example i would likely accept even though i hadn't previously made the decision to sell him, This is where my issue comes into play as the buying manager would be UNABLE to make the bid as his chairman would not allow it..

[b'] So to again make the point of the article, this is the suggestion to implement an OPTIONAL removal on custom game worlds of the chairman's maximum bid value.[/b]

custom game world owners should know they can set the maximum bid to "any" if they wish to do so.

This is true only for monetary transfers and does not remove the MAXIMUM bid.

The point is if you were trying to buy a big player then you should be able to make a decent bid for him? Cesc + Higuain for Messi is not an 'over the top' bid by any stretch of the imagination and yet my chairman will not allow it. That is what im attempting to change to give people the OPTION to turn this on/off as they so wish.

I think your missing my point mate' date=' cash bids are not the issue, like i said in my post in competitive game worlds cash value is almost worthless. I agree with your opinion in regard to normal game worlds, this post is however NOT aimed at normal game worlds. And all i am asking for is to be given the CHOICE to have an unlimited bid on player or not. If you feel the system is right then by your choice as owner of the game world you can keep the box ticked and be unaffected.

Not all managers want to only sell players that they don't want. I mean where is the fun in that? I mean i don't want to sell Cesc Fabregas but if someone else in the game world who may really want him offers me a great deal like Busquets and Pedro for example i would likely accept even though i hadn't previously made the decision to sell him, This is where my issue comes into play as the buying manager would be UNABLE to make the bid as his chairman would not allow it..

[b'] So to again make the point of the article, this is the suggestion to implement an OPTIONAL removal on custom game worlds of the chairman's maximum bid value.[/b]

Oh I see what you mean...silly me.....:o...but isn't the chairman just trying to safeguard your finances so as to stop you going into the red....doesn't a chairman control the purse strings in real clubs.....if the maximum bid value was unlimited what would stop someone taking control of a club, spending every last cent on a player then quitting leaving the club in financial ruin....or doing the same thing then taking control of the club that sold the player so they would have buckets of cash.

..if the maximum bid value was unlimited what would stop someone taking control of a club' date=' spending every last cent on a player then quitting leaving the club in financial ruin....or doing the same thing then taking control of the club that sold the player so they would have buckets of cash.[/quote']

Yeah mate, i totally agree with you there. Im not suggesting this for normal game worlds though mate, just an optional tick box for custom game world owners that would allow you to choose whether to activate the feature or not.

For example our game world consists of a good close group of mates who drew a team out of the hat 2 years ago and haven't looked back! So for that kind of world i think its almost imperative to implement. However i agree with your point for some game worlds that are not privately run.

Again the point im making is for an option to remove it, not to make it compulsory.

Yeah mate' date=' i totally agree with you there. Im not suggesting this for normal game worlds though mate, just an [b']optional[/b] tick box for custom game world owners that would allow you to choose whether to activate the feature or not.

For example our game world consists of a good close group of mates who drew a team out of the hat 2 years ago and haven't looked back! So for that kind of world i think its almost imperative to implement. However i agree with your point for some game worlds that are not privately run.

Again the point im making is for an option to remove it, not to make it compulsory.

I could see that it would be a pretty good addition for game worlds such as the one you've got going and would work well cause you can trust everybody in it....nice one :)

I can understand your suggestion if the game world that you have is private application only because then at least you'll know all of the managers and they are unlikely to cheat. Although I don't think that removing the feature will necessary allow for the deal you mentioned initially if the chairman thinks you're giving away too much for Messi (even if he is the best player in the world, but the CPS doesn't know that because it's a computer program). In fact, you could argue that if the option to remove it was there and used by game world owners, then the number of dubious deals would increase because there's a greater scope for suspicious P/E deals to be made, because there's no uppper limit on what you can spend.

I can understand your suggestion if the game world that you have is private application only because then at least you'll know all of the managers and they are unlikely to cheat. Although I don't think that removing the feature will necessary allow for the deal you mentioned initially if the chairman thinks you're giving away too much for Messi (even if he is the best player in the world' date=' but the CPS doesn't know that because it's a computer program). In fact, you could argue that if the option to remove it was there and used by game world owners, then the number of dubious deals would increase because there's a greater scope for suspicious P/E deals to be made, because there's no uppper limit on what you can spend.[/quote']

very true mate, this is why i am only suggesting this as an optional extra for private gameworlds. I am not suggesting rolling this out on ALL worlds, simply allow the gameworld owner of CUSTOM gameworlds to decide. I agree with everything you are saying, i dont want to encourage cheating at all, quite the contrary, the problem is that in our custom gameworld (and i know there are others with this issue also) it is very competitive and the only way to achieve high end deals is to in a way cheat the game, by doing double or treble deals involving cash then players then cash the other way, even then a deal for 1 or 2 players can become so incredibly complex that all the other managers wonder why ive just sold a key youngster for minimum value only to exhange a fantastic player into my team for one of my aging pros! Now both the deals are totally wrong and inbalanced but as a double deal they work (ish) My point is that we shouldnt be fighting the game to allow us to do simple deals that are more than fair, im not suggesting HUGE 500mil deals just 2 player exchanges that make perfect common sense, Hummels and Hazard for Pedro? Really, well my chairman would not allow the bid, that is not a silly offer at all and one that i feel i should be allowd to make. If the chairman max bid must be on EVERY gameworld at least double the max bid to allow some scope?

To me it seems like common sense, i agree 100% this would be easily exploited on normal worlds so yes keep it, no argument there. However on private gameworlds where the point is that they are private and run in part by the gameworld owner there surely must be at the very least and option to increase or remove the max bid?

I really am not the only one banging on about this as in our world alone there have been countless times when deals have failed to materialise due to chairman stopping them as the computer cannot see past a value, potential must be worth something and it currently is not.

I play in a 100% full custom world with 60 people, 90% of which are forumers.

I have Bayern Munich, and my chairman is so greedy, that i wasnt able to buy neither Scott Sinclair Nor Nathan Dyer from Swansea, because my chairman wasnt allowing me to bid the Minumum Price for them, i was shocked by it, and ofc, due to the competitivness of the game world, they got bought away by other clubs, unfortunately i had many more troubles like this, infact most of my deal involve complicated deal twisting/multiple player swapping, all based on trust (as the manager after getting the best part could aswell just not do the deal, and nobody could do anything as the smfa check is off), all because my chairman doesnt let through deal that are actually fair, and sometimes even to my advantage.

Tho i dont agree with totally Removing the limit, as that would make the gameworld too unbalanced, bewteen big clubs and small clubs.

I think that removing the limit (in private gameworlds with private application) would advantage too much the big clubs, as they would always have the best players to exchange and could always do the bigger offer compared to a small club.

I think that the chairman has to be made less greedy.

Id say it should be an option like the economy option, that the chairman should be Either normal like he is in all the gameworlds, or more willing to spend (dunno how to say it properly).

Prety much highering the maximum bids for everyone thus not removin the maximum bid so the smaller club could aspire at the good players too.

Because it is fair and necessary that a small club with a lower average can put a maximum bid higher tham a bigger team, its just that the maximum bid limit has to be bigger.

i should be able to bid at least the minimum price for Nathan Dyer and Scott Sinclair....

Tho i dont agree with totally Removing the limit' date=' as that would make the gameworld too unbalanced, bewteen big clubs and small clubs.

I think that removing the limit (in private gameworlds with private application) would advantage too much the big clubs, as they would always have the best players to exchange and could always do the bigger offer compared to a small club.

[/quote']

The thing is mate its not the little clubs that are loosing out necessarily, more often it is the smaller clubs with one or two decent players where someone like Ashley Young is worth 13mil and is one of their best players, if he wants to sell him he can only really demand an 88 and perhaps a 83 rated player nothing close to his actual value. I for one would offer alot more if i could for such a great prospect, thus benefiting the 'smaller' team in this example. I do see your point mate and perhaps raising it would help but i dont always think only the big clubs would benefit.

For me and in our game world the transfer market stagnates as big players are simply worth more than the chairman allow, no one will sell unless someone like Chelsea make a bid with their players being worth less to the chairman and thus able to sneak in a bid, this is not benefiting the 'smaller' team but the bigger team no?

I do see your point but i stand by the suggestion to have an optional removal with perhaps a further option to increase the values in between. Then its down to the discretion of the game world owner to decide how he feels he wants to use this feature.

• 1 month later...

is the maximum limit the same for all the teams????

not even close, for some reason there are MASSIVE differences between teams. for example my max bid for Messi is 30mil or more less than that of other teams. This is exactly why i see this system as being frustrating and spoiling custom worlds where there is no need for anti-cheat systems

• 2 weeks later...