Dance/House Music!

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Dance Music! 2fRYDgndw8U Attempted thread revival.

Re: Dance Music! Creamfields tomorrow:D

Re: Dance/House Music! New mix I made, better than my last one I made but still nothing that great: http://www.mixcrate.com/adamefc/house-mix-391056

Re: Dance Music!

Guetta sucks!!!

Excuse me... haha.

Guetta doesn't suck. He's just overrated. There's dozens of better DJ's in the world than him.

In my opinion I would rate Guetta as the worlds best DJ but I can see where your coming from. Aviici, Laidback Luke, Afrojack, Deadmau5, Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, Skrillex etc etc are just as good but not better imo :P

That's so true but so many people don't see it that way. They think he's the only DJ in the world. How on earth he's the No.1 DJ is beyond me.

For starter's you only have to look at DJ Mag's list (A.K.A an 'official list') to see he's number 1. I so don't agree...

Here it is for those who are interested; http://www.djmag.com/top100

In my opinion I would rate Guetta as the worlds best DJ but I can see where your coming from. Aviici' date=' Laidback Luke, Afrojack, Deadmau5, Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, Skrillex etc etc are just as good but not better imo :P[/quote']

You also deserve to be shot. Now, where's my gun.........

Froz3n, since you'r a Londoner, you can do the honours. ;):P

Excuse me... haha.

In my opinion I would rate Guetta as the worlds best DJ but I can see where your coming from. Aviici' date=' Laidback Luke, Afrojack, Deadmau5, Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, Skrillex etc etc are just as good but not better imo :P[/quote']

I think what annoys people is that he uses the same backing tracks and beats for the majority of his songs.

I agree though, Guetta produces better music than those mentioned IMO. I suppose it depends what type of music you're into though.

I think what annoys people is that he uses the same backing tracks and beats for the majority of his songs.

He does though but he like changes it a bit.

I agree though' date=' Guetta produces better music than those mentioned IMO. I suppose it depends what type of music you're into though.[/quote']

I like all kinds of dance music but Guetta is way overrated IMO. In the Youtube comment section for most of the dance music, I see people commenting on how overrated Guetta is and they agree.

Alex M.O.R.P.H. is ranked 142 and Guetta is 1st? W.T.F?! Alex M.O.R.P.H is fudging awesome, he turns gold to platinum.

Have a listen to this, this is a masterpiece:

Vrb9bVO5YhY

@Dale - I have loads. ATB, Armin van Buuren, Alex Morph, Dash Berlin, Tiesto, Hardwell to name a few.

He does though but he like changes it a bit.

I like all kinds of dance music but Guetta is way overrated IMO. In the Youtube comment section for most of the dance music' date=' I see people commenting on how overrated Guetta is and they agree.

Alex M.O.R.P.H. is ranked 142 and Guetta is 1st? W.T.F?! Alex M.O.R.P.H is fudging awesome, he turns gold to platinum.

Have a listen to this, this is a masterpiece:

[YOUTUBE']Vrb9bVO5YhY[/YOUTUBE]

@Dale - I have loads. ATB, Armin van Buuren, Alex Morph, Dash Berlin, Tiesto, Hardwell to name a few.

Too hardcore for me that haha, the main reason I like Guetta is because he produces music with artists I like. He does sometimes use the same beats, but with tweaks (as you mentioned), so thats why I prefer him to any other DJ, as it's just the right level of 'dance music' I like. I'm guessing the magazine Froz3n posted was going by terms of sale's figures? That may not be a fair judgement to be fair.

I don't know enough about the DJ's mentioned to make a fair enough judgement though tbh. However, Guetta still remains the number 1 DJ in the world IMO, based on the music I enjoy.

Too hardcore for me that haha' date=' the main reason I like Guetta is because he produces music with artists I like. He does sometimes use the same beats, but with tweaks (as you mentioned), so thats why I prefer him to any other DJ, as it's just the right level of 'dance music' I like. I'm guessing the magazine Froz3n posted was going by terms of sale's figures? That may not be a fair judgement to be fair.

I don't know enough about the DJ's mentioned to make a fair enough judgement though tbh. However, Guetta still remains the number 1 DJ in the world IMO, based on the music I enjoy.[/quote']

Hardcore?! No way Jose. You're not really a dance fan. As I said to you before on the 'What I'm listening to right now' thread, Guetta basically prostituted himself after his single with Kelly Rowland (I think, not sure). He wasn't a really good proper DJ. He just makes pop tunes backings TBH. He's not a DJ, he's like a producer. Any producer can do what Guetta does, but do they get the recongnision? No. You don't see the other DJ's doing basic collabs with big stars, they'll probably do like 2 or 3, but not loads. They want a challange, not to produce the same tune or similar everytime. If the other DJ's did that, they you would know loads of DJ's. A person who uses the same beats but tweaks is cannot be classed as a DJ nor can it be classed as dance music.

Nope it's got nothing to with sales figures, just people voting for their favourite DJ. Guetta posted on twitter saying 'vote for me' and it worked. You don't know anything about the other DJ's because you're not a dance fan. You're a pop fan.

Btw, if you want to post Guetta's music, make a pop thread and post it there. :)

Hardcore?! No way Jose. You're not really a dance fan. As I said to you before on the 'What I'm listening to right now' thread' date=' Guetta basically prostituted himself after his single with Kelly Rowland (I think, not sure). He wasn't a really good proper DJ. He just makes pop tunes backings TBH. He's not a DJ, he's like a producer. Any producer can do what Guetta does, but do they get the recongnision? No. You don't see the other DJ's doing basic collabs with big stars, they'll probably do like 2 or 3, but not loads. They want a challange, not to produce the same tune or similar everytime. If the other DJ's did that, they you would know loads of DJ's. A person who uses the same beats but tweaks is cannot be classed as a DJ nor can it be classed as dance music.

Nope it's got nothing to with sales figures, just people voting for their favourite DJ. Guetta posted on twitter saying 'vote for me' and it worked. You don't know anything about the other DJ's because you're not a dance fan. You're a pop fan.

Btw, if you want to post Guetta's music, make a pop thread and post it there. :)[/quote']

Dance music isn't all about DJ's, far from it. I guarantee if you look back at this thread, more than half the songs posted on here are one's that I like.

"You're not really a dance fan"

Say what!? Because I prefer one artist more than a few others? You know nothing about the sort of dance music I like (apart from Guetta). I like R&B and Pop, yes, but I also like dance music that doesn't involve all that sh*te techno stuff :rolleyes: