Official World Cup 2014 Qualification Thread

timesle

Re: Official World Cup 2014 Qualification Thread

Where is that pathetic lad who said that Estonia will finish above Romania?;)

The Estonia that were just minutes away from beating Holland today?

I've never claimed to always be right, although I'm sure every prediction you've ever made has been correct hasn't it Raz. Anything less is simply pathetic, like Romanian football in many ways.

The Estonia that were just minutes away from beating Holland today?

I've never claimed to always be right' date=' although I'm sure every prediction you've ever made has been correct hasn't it Raz. Anything less is simply pathetic, like Romanian football in many ways.[/quote']

No pal,so far your post is pathetic.Claim that romanian football is pathetic while you know absolutely nothing about it and you don't have a clue about it...Yep,didn't expected more anyway.

Romania lost 2-0 against Turkey.At 1-0,Romania should've got a penalty at Toprak's handball.Anyway,we don't have a coach and that is quite clear.He's absolutely average.The turkish defenders are horrible and instead of attacking we were looking of how Volkan was waiting the time to pass(think he wasted at least 5-8 minutes) and how they pass in their own half.We've got enough good players,sadly we don't have a damn coach.

We need Holland to beat/draw with both of Turkey and Hungary which is possible I think.

Anyway,Swansea your pathetic estonia lost 4-1 to HUngary or something like that.Think you are up for the funniest post ever on this forum :P

Belarus 2 - 1 France :eek:

Ended 2-4 mate, a guy at the club won an amazing sum of money -.-

Albanian lost 2-1 to Iceland, no chances of qualification :( Need to wait for 2015 now. Anyway our NT has clearly progressed. l hope Gianni De Biazi(our coach) renewes his contract.

Anyway' date='Swansea your pathetic estonia lost 4-1 to HUngary or something like that.Think you are up for the funniest post ever on this forum :P[/quote']

They aren't my team, and Romania aren't doing very well themselves, considering Estonia are pathetic then that doesn't look good for a team just six points ahead of them over eight games.

Like I've said, unlike you, I know I'm not always right. I'm sure you've got predictions wrong as well, but there's no need to start acting like a child when you've won one.

They aren't my team' date=' and Romania aren't doing very well themselves, considering Estonia are pathetic then that doesn't look good for a team just six points ahead of them over eight games.

[/quote']

Oh, 6 points may sound like that when you put it like that, but wait a minute, let's see how it really is. Those 6 points more make a difference between 13 points (Romania) and 7 points (Estonia). With 13, Romania has almost double the points Estonia has. Another way to put it would be that Estonia has got 29% of the points a team can win in 8 rounds, whereas Romania has won much more impressive 54% of those points.

Most importantly, Romania still firmly involved in competition for the playoff spot, currently held by Hungary at 14 points with two rounds to go. The other team involved is Turkey at 13 points. Turkey and Hungary still have to play the Netherlands in last two rounds, whereas Romania will visit the weakest team of the group, Andorra (0 points, 0 goals scored, 24 conceded) and host the second weakest - Estonia. Although the Netherlands may not be fully motivated to play the last two matches, having already won the group, there is nevertheless a pretty good chance that Romania will play the playoff round in the end. I predict they will finish at 19 points, 12 points ahead of Estonia. It might still not make the playoffs though if either Hungary or Turkey will win its last 2 matches.

The second placed team of this group may still also not make it to the playoff round, along with the possible second placed teams from England group and the Italy group, two groups that have seen awfully a lot of draws and I suspect will see more, and the Switzerland group. And also marginally the Russia/Portugal group, if Israel finishes 2nd and Luxembourg last, but that's pretty marginal chance. Most likely second placed team to be left out of playoffs is either Denmark or Bulgaria, whichever will finish second of the group B (the Italy group). Teams sure of their playoff spot are France, Croatia, whichever of Sweden and Austria finishes second after Germany, and Russia/Portugal should one of them finish second of group F.

Ended 2-4 mate' date=' a guy at the club won an amazing sum of money -.-

Albanian lost 2-1 to Iceland, no chances of qualification :( Need to wait for 2015 now. Anyway our NT has clearly progressed. l hope Gianni De Biazi(our coach) renewes his contract.[/quote']

They didn't even look like they wanted to win, even after we took the lead because of Rama yet again, some of the players he chooses to put in the first team are genuinely sunday-league quality (like Bulku or Teli, anyone else could have cleared that weak cross) :( We are going to get smashed by the Team Kosova in Tirane, hopefully we regain some dignity and beat Cyprus so someone else finishes second-last. Shame really because this is the easiest group we could've hoped for, Januzaj will probably choose Belgium for sure now.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like Wales are set for a couple of horrendous results to see off qualifying as Ben Davies, Adam Matthews, Danny Gabbidon, Sam Ricketts, Jack Collison and Gareth Bale.

We've got such a thin defence with Ashley Williams currently injured and Neil Taylor trying to be eased slowly back from injury, neither should really be playing.

Daniel Alfei is being called up despite only playing two minutes in the football league, two years ago and not looking to be anything special at non league Wrexham. I don't see why he's being called up over Joe Walsh, a regular in League 1 for Crawley and more of a centre half. It seems to be based on performances for the U21's more than anything else, the famous Welsh U21 side that lost 1-0 to San Marino.

Likely strongest line up:

Myhill

Richards - Gunter - Williams - Taylor

Ramsey - Vaughan - MacDonald

Robson-Kanu - Vokes - Bellamy

Ideally, I don't want Williams and Taylor to be playing with them both really needing to use the international break for recovery, particularly Williams. Here's the defence I'd play, although I'm sure Coleman will go against Laudrup's public concerns.

Myhill

Gunter - Wilson - Whiggins - John

• 2 weeks later...

Well,Swansea's idiotic post is now even more idiotic.Romania managed to qualify for the playoffs after they beat Estonia 2-0 tonight.We finished above Turkey and Hungary.Obviously,not mentionating Andorra and Estonia as they are barely important.Finished with 19 points,12 more points than Estonia.

Basically,yeah what an idiot.;)

Great point for Wales in Belgium, they dominated but we played well considering the amount of injuries we had and scored a good goal at the end. Craig Bellamy getting the late assist in his final game for Wales. Scotland's win means we finish 4th, but still a good ending to the group.

Great point for Wales in Belgium' date=' they dominated but we played well considering the amount of injuries we had and scored a good goal at the end. Craig Bellamy getting the late assist in his final game for Wales. Scotland's win means we finish 4th, but still a good ending to the group.[/quote']

So Wales will finish above Spain in next campain because they managed to get a draw against Belgium?;)

EDIT: Oh wait,your next side to win WC is Iceland now?They did great this year.

So Wales will finish above Spain in next campain because they managed to get a draw against Belgium?;)

EDIT: Oh wait' date='your next side to win WC is Iceland now?They did great this year.[/quote']

No, and no. I don't know where you got that from my post.

Because every prediction you've made has been spot on? I seem to recall your predicting Swansea to finish third in our Europa League group?

No' date=' and no. I don't know where you got that from my post.

Because every prediction you've made has been spot on? I seem to recall your predicting Swansea to finish third in our Europa League group?[/quote']

Well,whats funnier?Estonia finishing above Romania or Valencia and Kuban finishing above Swansea?I will let you to guess.