Pastore

FrankTheTank

Re: Pastore

It can only be a good thing , Pastore will now become the star man in a quality French side who have bought in some good players over the summer. If he can adapt to the league which i'm sure he can we will see a quality Pastore who will help push PSG to a league title.

now that it looks like he's headed to Paris St Germain. How is that going to affect his 90 rating?

It'll have a positive affect in time as PSG are backed by the Abu Dhabi family. They are now the Man City of French football. I'd be surprised if they failed to win the French title this year and qualify for CL football. All in all, Pastore is better off at PSG that his current club Palermo

It'll have a positive affect in time as PSG are backed by the Abu Dhabi family. They are now the Man City of French football. I'd be surprised if they failed to with the French title this year and qualify for CL football. All in all' date=' Pastore is better off at PSG that his current club Palermo[/quote']

Big ask that if you ask me, yes ofcourse they can challenge for the title, but by no means should they be favourites. There's quite a bit of new faces in to the team, so it could take them quite a while to gel and play to their full potential.

About Pastore though, wouldn't expect anything too major from him also in his first few months, it's a different league for him, more challenges will be flying in at a faster tempo, it's a new physical challenge for him, add to that he'll need to find new friends and everything.

it means when he comes under a proper spotlight he wont be as good as hes hyped up to be much like ganso and neymar at the copa america

How much of Neymar did you actually see at the Copa? Probably Brazil's best attacker at the tournament, didn't do hi reputation no harm other than media overreaction.

Big ask that if you ask me' date=' yes ofcourse they can challenge for the title, but by no means should they be favourites. There's quite a bit of new faces in to the team, so it could take them quite a while to gel and play to their full potential.

About Pastore though, wouldn't expect anything too major from him also in his first few months, it's a different league for him, more challenges will be flying in at a faster tempo, it's a new physical challenge for him, add to that he'll need to find new friends and everything.[/quote']

If you refer back to my comment about Pastore, I have said that it'll be a good move for him in time (which you have only echoed in your comment). Where PSG finish in the league is a secondary comment as they'll likely finish in the CL spot anyway. I'd still disagree with you and say that they'll be among the favourites to win the title with Marseille and Lille.

If you refer back to my comment about Pastore' date=' I have said that it'll be a good move for him [b']in time[/b] (which you have only echoed in your comment). Where PSG finish in the league is a secondary comment as they'll likely finish in the CL spot anyway. I'd still disagree with you and say that they'll be among the favourites to win the title with Marseille and Lille.

The pastore bit wasn't aimed at you, it was a reply to the OP.

You said you would be surprised if they didn't win the league, something i was surprised you said :P

it means when he comes under a proper spotlight he wont be as good as hes hyped up to be much like ganso and neymar at the copa america

These players are far from overated....they are still young and on a learning curve! But they certainly have the talent that has made all the major European clubs take note of them. Neymar is pure class and is destined for great things..

How much of Neymar did you actually see at the Copa? Probably Brazil's best attacker at the tournament' date=' didn't do hi reputation no harm other than media overreaction.[/quote']

the problem is brazil have pretty awful attack atm

Fred? i mean cmon!

A real talent however is alcantra

the problem is brazil have pretty awful attack atm

Fred? i mean cmon!

A real talent however is alcantra

Yes, Robinho and Pato are pretty awful aren't they? :P

Only reason why Fred was in the squad because he's a different option for them, and showed that in the tournament as he was chucked late on in a few games and Brazil could get some aerial balls in.

Pastores rating should be safe as long as PSG fulfill the promise and get at least Champions league football.

IMO I think PSG will be up at the top of the table for years to come under teh new mega rich owners.

PSG are now joint favourites in the bookies to win ligue 1 .

"- Paris St-Germain are the new joint-favourites to win Ligue 1 after completing an incredible six signings in the space of four days, for a combined cost of around £70 million. Valenciennes centre back Milan Bisevac, Roma playmaker Jeremy Menez, St-Etienne midfielder Blaise Matuidi, Palermo goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu, Juventus spoiler Momo Sissoko and Palermo phenomenon Javier Pastore all arrived under the "Tour Eiffel". Coach Kombouare’s job will be to complement these talents with his existing top players Hoarou, Erdinc and last season’s player of the year Nene. There is every reason to expect an improvement on last season’s ultimately-disappointing fourth place finish and with no Champions League distraction, they rate top value to take the crown, even if the early 8/1 quotes have now long disappeared."

i wouldn't be surprised to see Pastore hit 91 at PSG but only perhaps at the end of the season.

As to whether if PSG will win the league, i am inclined to say no even though i expect a close fight between them and Marseilles. With all the new players coming in, i don't expect PSG to gel well for the first half of the season. Pastore will want a lot of the ball to try and justify his price tag but that could limit the effectiveness of the team on a whole. On the other hand, i think Marseilles has done well this off-season by adding to their squad and i think they are better gelled anyway.

Cheers,

Roy

• 1 month later...