The Globe Tournament Discussion Thread

Re: The Globe Tournament Discussion Thread

Okay the new revised seeded bracket system is up (previous 2 posts). 26 club single elimination knockout Tournament. I deleted the old brackets so theres no confusion. These 26 I am pretty sure are the active managers. Remember' date=' Higher seed makes friendly requests to lower seed. start scheduling round 1 on the 7th or shortly after..please post me your match date so I can keep things organized..:D[/quote']

Hmmm, Tokyo dropped to 7th seed. Must be all the drinking and partying in the Jamaican sunshine :D

Friendly request sent for 7th, hopefully accepted before then.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Globe Tournament Discussion Thread So, transfer madness, statistical cover, tabloid newspaper, bunch of insane managers, healthy competition and it's only a beginning - i'm gonna stick with t

Re: The Globe Tournament Discussion Thread I also maded one From upper left to right: Martin Olsson, Martín Montoya(2x Martin's xD), Yann Sommer, Leonel Galeano, François Affolter, Franco Zuculi

Hmmm' date=' Tokyo dropped to 7th seed. Must be all the drinking and partying in the Jamaican sunshine :D

Friendly request sent for 7th, hopefully accepted before then.[/quote']

Yep those clubs that have an active manager, but are not active-- are not in the tournament..so six clubs were removed..I had to re-do the seeding..

Is anyone else having trouble setting up a friendly on this new interface?

New technology giving you a headache eh Sarge? Click on the arrange friendly option in your 5 day tab' date=' the box that opens up is your friend...choose your date, opponent as before.

[img']https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-0KSPLHXZAAU/TmTEDR9MSXI/AAAAAAAADf4/3eU70mGACFk/s800/Capture.JPG[/img]

New technology giving you a headache eh Sarge? Click on the arrange friendly option in your 5 day tab' date=' the box that opens up is your friend...choose your date, opponent as before. [/quote']

Jeez, I'm not that thick mate :rolleyes:

When I click on the arrange friendly box a 2" oblong box comes up that says GAMEWORLD CALENDER and an X to click out of it. That's it.

Anyway, I've put in a ticket so by Christmas I should be good to go :)

AyersSgtFury-2-1-1.jpg

Sgt Fury, manager of Zhemchuzhina today announced his intentions for his new team.

Going against local town officials and supporter groups who wanted to keep the team local, Fury has pretty much replaced the entire Zhem squad.

Fury released a press statement:

After listening to all sides of the argument and taking into account which direction the club should take, I've decided to change things around a bit. Most of the new boys are risers so in the end it's a win win.

Aside from that, I'm the boss and am much more educated than all of you put together.

So deal with it.

Should be an interesting season.

New players in blue:

ABd PATERSON, Greg Forfar Athletic £10k £10k None

ABd ECHAIDE, Jon Osasuna £2.4M £36k M.JOVANOVIC

ABd TATE, Alan Swansea City £3.1M £204k M.VJESTICA
ABd COHEN, Chris Nottingham Forest £3.5M £0k G.DZHIOEV
ABd ORTIZ, Jorge Arsenal de Sarandí £6.2M £291k K.GETERIEV

ABd FOLEY, Kevin Wolverhampton Wanderers £4.4M £0k V.BULYGA

ABd IOANNIDIS, Giorgos Panathinaikos £2.2M £51k D.BOYARINTSEV
ABd GEIJO, Álex Udinese £2.7M £177k V.BAYRAMOV

ABd HOLENDA, Jan Anzhi £2.0M £399k V.VOSKOBOINIKOV

ABd TAYLOR, Andrew Cardiff City £2.9M £126k V.RYZHKOV
ABd GOZZI, Simone Cagliari £1.9M £51k K.ZUEV
ABd YAROSHENKO, Kostyantyn Shakhtar £2.1M £178k A.BUGAEV
ABd KULAKOV, Denys Dnipro £3.6M £1.0M M.POVOROV

Jeez' date=' I'm not that thick mate :rolleyes: [/quote']

hmmm...

When I click on the arrange friendly box a 2" oblong box comes up that says GAMEWORLD CALENDER and an X to click out of it. That's it.

Anyway' date=' I've put in a ticket so by Christmas I should be good to go :)[/quote']

Are you running it in IE? Or even worse, on a mac? Other than that - who knows?

Or is it a simple ploy to lose by default as it's less embarrassing than going out in round 1? :P

Run your mouth in Russia your gonna wake up in an alley with your pants down an empty vodka bottle and a herring shoved up your fanny:p

Sounds like a normal Saturday night where I'm from :)

hmmm...

Are you running it in IE? Or even worse' date=' on a mac? Other than that - who knows?

Or is it a simple ploy to lose by default as it's less embarrassing than going out in round 1? :P[/quote']

Oh, I'll be there buddy, fear ye not of that B)

It's not a mac, I've not worn one of those things since the 70's...internet explorer is what I've always used...

Oh' date=' I'll be there buddy, fear ye not of that B)

It's not a mac, I've not worn one of those things since the 70's...internet explorer is what I've always used...[/quote']

Maybe the new update doesn't like IE? Try it on another browser - that could be your problem.

AyersSgtFury-2-1-1.jpg

The Globe Tournament Cup Round 2

FK Zhemchuzhina - Makedonija GP -

Att:

HT: -

Zhemchuzhina scorers:

Makedonjia scorers:

Today Zhemchuzhina welcome 5th division unmanaged Makedonija GP to Sochi Stadium.

Zhem, who will be fielding a 95% set of players who may be playing their last match for the mother club

will still be fancing their chances today.

Sgt Fury:

"I hope the lads who have been let go after todays game will do the honorable thing and give 100%.

Something they haven't done so far this season"

B)

AyersSgtFury-2-1-1.jpg

The Globe Tournament Cup Round 2

FK Zhemchuzhina 1 Makedonija GP 3

Att: 6,399

HT: 1 - 1

Zhemchuzhina scorers: Kovalchuk

Makedonjia scorers: Mitrev, Kolsi x 2

The natives were restless today in Sochi, home town of FK Zhemchuzhina after Sgt Fury's team did little in the way of threatening the Makedonjia goaline.

The home side was booed off the field following the match and Zhem

manager Fury was firmly in their sights as the master of their cup destruction.

One fan shouted at us: "The cup was a big thing for us this year and thanks to that pansy we are out". Another fan: "who is this Furry character anyway. Sounds like a made up name to me".

Fury of course was unimpressed.

"Aside from Kovalchuk who interestingly is safe from the chop I thought we played without passion. Things will be different after new blood is pumped into us, you'll see. Things will be different then".

When asked about the fan reaction to the loss:

"I don't blame them for being upset, I mean we were playing a friggin' blind school today. But to quote Heidi Klume from Project Runway "one minute you are in, the next you are out". I'm sure the fans will love me soon.

After all I am Fury, and I demand respect".

B)

Basnandez steered Godoy Cruz to victory against AC Omonia.

Godoy Cruz beat AC Omonia 3 - 1 in their The Globe Tournament Cup Round 2 fixture.

Larsen scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Kadrii and Camacho were also amongst the goalscorers.

TRANSFERS:

Federico Viviani from Roma have camed to Godoy while Alex Grimaldo moved to Xazar as Barcelona turned Godoy's offer down...