SM NFL Fantasy League

dhulldevsfan

Re: SM NFL Fantasy League

Confident of a win today against Evans Almighty who have Vincent Jackson and Brandon Lloyd both on bye weeks. Got my fingers crossed that this is the week when Peyton Hillis FINALLY gets moving' date=' while this may be the first week I've been able to start my three best receivers together, Dez Bryant, Marques Colston and Michael Crabtree.

Come on you Warriors, get me a win![/quote']

What even with my fine back ups of Victor Cruz and Kevin Walter?

What even with my fine back ups of Victor Cruz and Kevin Walter?

No doubt they are very good players, but I'd rather see you start Garcon over Jackson. Walter and Lloyd is a 50/50 call.

Should be a good match-up though between me and you I reckon. "On any given Sunday", and all that...

The Chicago Bootleggers are starting to pull away from me and my Crazy Ninjas after it was fairly neck and neck until now with them taking a 10 point lead 70 to 60. My gamble of starting Derrick Mason ahead of Deion Branch and Torrey Smith for his debut game for the texans isn't going to well, with them having 23, 57 and 84 yards respectively so hopefully he'll catch a big pass soon. All I can hope is that his 4 active players don't do much more and then Brandon Marshall, Dustin Keller and the Jets D can outscore Matt Forte by 10 points. Not overly hopeful at the moment. :D

Fantasy points leaders after six weeks (not including kickers or defenses):

1. Aaron Rodgers - 161.94 (7)

2. Cam Newton - 142.88 (140)

3. Tom Brady - 137.52 (1)

4. Drew Brees - 129.58 (12)

5. Fred Jackson - 124.00 (86)

6. Matthew Stafford - 122.06 (59)

7. LeSean McCoy - 117.20 (9)

8. Wes Welker - 116.40 (34)

9. Michael Vick - 114.12 (5)

10. Calvin Johnson - 110.40 (17)

11. Eli Manning - 105.92 (78)

12. Darren McFadden - 104.10 (14)

13. Matt Forte - 102.80 (19)

14. Adrian Peterson - 100.60 (3)

15. Ryan Fitzpatrick - 99.08 (150)

16. Matt Schaub - 94.48 (87)

17. Ray Rice - 94.00 (6)

18. Michael Turner - 93.70 (18)

19. Ahmad Bradshaw - 92.20 (32)

20. Josh Freeman - 88.86 (36)

21. Mike Wallace - 86.00 (27)

22. Jahvid Best - 85.70 (46)

23. Ryan Matthews - 85.40 (60)

24. Matt Ryan - 84.60 (45)

25. Ben Roethlisberger - 84.24 (48)

26. Tony Romo - 84.10 (40)

27. Matt Hasselbeck - 84.06 (240 - last pick)

28. Steve Smith - 83.50 (83)

29. Jay Cutler - 81.84 (114)

30. Frank Gore - 81.20 (16)

31. Jimmy Graham - 80.00 (106)

32. Jason Campbell - 78.80 (228)

Other first-round picks:

37. Maurice Jones-Drew (10)

62. Kevin Kolb (14)

65. Arian Foster (2)

71. Rashard Mendenhall (13)

77. Andre Johnson (11)

99. Chris Johnson (4)

232. Jamaal Charles (8 - IR)

Having selected five of the top 32 highest point scorers so far, it's little wonder as to how Donnie's currently leading the way at the top of the table.

17. Ray Rice - 94.00 (6)

Other first-round picks:

62. Kevin Kolb (14)

65. Arian Foster (2)

77. Andre Johnson (11)

99. Chris Johnson (4)

Having selected five of the top 32 highest point scorers so far' date=' it's little wonder as to how Donnie's currently leading the way at the top of the table.[/quote']

It's not about having the superstar point scorers, it's just about everyone chipping in with average totals. :P

It would be nice if Mendenhall would use this weeks 142 yards and TD to spur himself on to do that every week, though.

Anyway, after Forte had another good week I was left trailing Donnie's Bootleggers by 26 points, so I needed Keller, Marshall and the Jets D to come through for me as the Jets and Dolphins played last night. And boy, did they come through. :D

50 yards for Keller, 100 yards for Marshall, and the Jets D, 6 points allowed, 2 Int, one returned 100 yards by Revis for a TD, 4 sacks and a fumble recovery = 23 points. Needed 26, got 39.

Oh, and not to mention that I did that with only one RB.

See, Donnie may have 5 of the top scorers and I may have one but at the end of the day we're both 5-1. ;)

17. Ray Rice - 94.00 (6)

Other first-round picks:

62. Kevin Kolb (14)

65. Arian Foster (2)

77. Andre Johnson (11)

99. Chris Johnson (4)

Having selected five of the top 32 highest point scorers so far' date=' it's little wonder as to how Donnie's currently leading the way at the top of the table.[/quote']

This just sums up my team! 2 of the top 4 highest point scorers, only problem being they are both quarter backs!!! I only got Cam Newton as a backup and now hes in my lineup more than Drew Brees!

If anyone would like Drew Brees or Cam Newton on a trade, then please contact me :)

p.s I do not wish to talk about my team Miami Dolphins!!!

Quite happy with the Fantasy season thus far. 5-1 record, not bad at all. I will say though for this week, even though I may be going up against a 1-5 team, I can only help but predict a loss for me.

Have quite a few point getters on a bye weekend, not to mention, yesterday I took another gamble on the waiver market, quickly hearing of Palmer's move on the tele, had to go and pick him up, dropping Tavaris Jackson. Just had to do it, even the devil and angel on my peering over my shoulders nodded approvingly. :D He's not a shoe in to start this week, so potentially I may have even further committed suicide this week - having no starting QB.

Also tinkering with the idea of finally dropping TJ. The only reason I picked him up straight from the get go was word that he had been having trials with the Pats, needless to say no transfer fabricated. Now I've been reading he has been training with the 49ers, as they've hit a little WR injury problem. If nothing manufactures with that... bye bye TJ.

Quite happy with the Fantasy season thus far. 5-1 record' date=' not bad at all. I will say though for this week, even though I may be going up against a 1-5 team, I can only help but predict a loss for me.

Have quite a few point getters on a bye weekend, not to mention, yesterday I took another gamble on the waiver market, quickly hearing of Palmer's move on the tele, had to go and pick him up, dropping Tavaris Jackson. Just had to do it, even the devil and angel on my peering over my shoulders nodded approvingly. :D He's not a shoe in to start this week, so potentially I may have even further committed suicide this week - having no starting QB.

Also tinkering with the idea of [b']finally[/b] dropping TJ. The only reason I picked him up straight from the get go was word that he had been having trials with the Pats, needless to say no transfer fabricated. Now I've been reading he has been training with the 49ers, as they've hit a little WR injury problem. If nothing manufactures with that... bye bye TJ.

You could have picked up Jamarcus Russell and it would have been an improvement on Tavaris Jackson dude. :/

Plus, if I were you, I'd have dropped Ochocinco a loooong time ago.

It's not about having the superstar point scorers' date=' it's just about everyone chipping in with average totals. :P

It would be nice if Mendenhall would use this weeks 142 yards and TD to spur himself on to do that every week, though.

Anyway, after Forte had another good week I was left trailing Donnie's Bootleggers by 26 points, so I needed Keller, Marshall and the Jets D to come through for me as the Jets and Dolphins played last night. And boy, did they come through. :D

50 yards for Keller, 100 yards for Marshall, and the Jets D, 6 points allowed, 2 Int, one returned 100 yards by Revis for a TD, 4 sacks and a fumble recovery = 23 points. Needed 26, got 39.

Oh, and not to mention that I did that with only one RB.

See, Donnie may have 5 of the top scorers and I may have one but at the end of the day we're both 5-1. ;)[/quote']

Perfect season ruined :mad:. On the bright side now I can't pull a 2007-08 Patriots and go undefeated and then lose in the Ship :D

You could have picked up Jamarcus Russell and it would have been an improvement on Tavaris Jackson dude. :/

Plus' date=' if I were you, I'd have dropped Ochocinco a loooong time ago.[/quote']

How rude. :P

Hmm. Not going to lie, I have thought about the idea of doing this before, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

You may noticed in past posts, I've made apoint of saying - 'Right! This is the week I don't play Chad. He's not getting enough points, only averaging about 1/2 catches per game, at minimal yardage.' Yeah... well, I've still yet to drop him from the starting lineup, in fact this is the first week I've done it, only due to the Pats being on a bye.

I'm not sure what it is. I just keep on bringing myself into believing - this is Chad's week! Yet as usual, he stays true to his name of NoShowCinco. Lets face it, this team as far as the passing game goes was always going to be Brady-to-Welker, absolute no quarrels with that, but I really thought Chad would fit in ahead of Branch in the depth chart. Naive to think, especially considering Branch's history with the team, connection with Brady? Most definitely.

It's a gamble which has failed miserably so far. Knew I picked him way too early in the draft. Well played Adam, you gave me the jitters. :o

It's a gamble which has failed miserably so far. Knew I picked him way too early in the draft. Well played Adam' date=' you gave me the jitters. :o[/quote']

Muahahahaha!!!!

Few changes to the roster for Chicaritos Crazies.

First one being the addition of Jeremy Shockey who comes in for my reserve TE Clay Harbor, but in actual fact goes into my starting lineup instead of the awful (so far) Marcedes Lewis.

Maurice Morris comes in (temporarily) for Isaac Redman, now that Mendenhall seems to be back for the Steelers

Possible my favourite addition, is that of DeMarco Murray who I am hoping will come good this week

Cant wait for Wembley tomorrow!!!

Looks like it's going to be a tight one today between me and the Turiff Co Inter Mafia. 78-73 to me at the moment, I've got Mendenhall and Jennings playing and he's got Roethlisberger and the Cardinals D playing, with Pierre Thomas yet to play. Mendenhall has done jack after his big week last week, only got 32 yards rushing and 5 receiving, but Jennings has come up big as per usual with 147 yards receiving and a TD. Looks like the Steelers are going to run the game out so hopefully Mendenhall can grab some more yards and keep it out of Big Ben's, which also makes it less likely for the Cardinals D to get any picks or sacks. Then maybe one more catch for Jennings and I should have enough of a lead to stay ahead after Pierre Thomas' hopefully meagre contribution.

*EDIT* That HOPEFULLY meagre contribution from Thomas? Only took him 10 minutes to contribute enough to sink me this week, one big 57 yard reception takes them past me.

Looking good for my team at the moment. Big points for Drew Brees as well as the recently acquired DeMarco Murray seeing to that. Nice contributions from Early Doucet, Larry Fitzgerald, the Bears Defense and Matt Bryant have all led to a promising total. Just need the Jaguars to limit Ray Rice and Ed Dickson to less than 63points!

Looking good for my team at the moment. Big points for Drew Brees as well as the recently acquired DeMarco Murray seeing to that. Nice contributions from Early Doucet' date=' Larry Fitzgerald, the Bears Defense and Matt Bryant have all led to a promising total. Just need the Jaguars to limit Ray Rice and Ed Dickson to less than 63points![/quote']

You still looking to get rid of Brees or Newton?

If so have a look at Evans Almighty, as I feel Peyton aint coming back :o

As soon as I saw the Colts/Saints scoreline this morning' date=' I knew I'd won my match-up. Great time to start Ingram, Sproles and Colston together for the first time! :D

Now they're both fully fit, Bryant and Colston are starting to turn it on for me...[/quote']

All I need is for Flacco to have a 600 yard game and 5 touchdowns tonight:rolleyes:

All I need is for Flacco to have a 600 yard game and 5 touchdowns tonight:rolleyes:

Not. Even. Close.

Ah the hysterics yesterday. You should have seen the media. I was naturally just taking a gander at all the pre-game NFL shows taking place. Be it PTI' date=' the NFL on Fox lads, or Steve Young and his Motley crew... one thing came apparent to me - [i']Are these guys so far up the Ravens jacksie, or what![/i] Little behold anything they said, came crashing down after that performance, especially the premature Super Bowl shouts, proclaiming they could beat the Pats... yeah right. I mean, we all know that Ravens D carries this team, quite frankly IS the team, with Flacco and it's entire offence being it's kryptonite, last night showed no different.

On the fantasy front - aha, I knew this week was going to be miserable for me, even predicting a loss, but to see my team only put up around 24 points, OUCH! So much for thinking Palmer would be a saving grace. :o

Looks like I'm going to struggle this week against Arfon's Evans Almighty, I'm missing my first choice QB, RB, WR, TE and Defence, so wasn't look great going into the game and it's only gotten worse. Adrian Peterson, Brandon Lloyd, Victor Cruz and Billy Cundiff have combiend to give him 74 points already, meanwhile my rag-tag bunch have only managed 34 so far.

5-3 here I come!

Gonna be close in my matchup, made a couple of errors myself, picking drew brees over cam Newton and picking marcedes Lewis over shockey! Is looking like I need around 17 points to win, with my two players, DeMarco Murray and Jeremy Maclin, the only two players left to play in the matchup. still hopeful!!!

Unless Matt Cassel has an absolutely monster game tonight - which, let's face it, is most unlikely - the Wednesday Warriors have rolled to a third successive victory despite a rather unimpressive showing. The Bills defense - who I only picked up off waivers this week - stole the show with a huge 23 points having shut out the 'Skins, sacking John Beck 9 times and picking him off twice in the process. Andy Dalton and Michael Crabtree also had reasonable contributions in the absence of my 20-points-plus-a-week-guy-Aaron-Rodgers, who was on his bye week.

So, 4-4 and everything to play for all of a sudden!

Gonna be close in my matchup' date=' made a couple of errors myself, picking drew brees over cam Newton and picking marcedes Lewis over shockey! Is looking like I need around 17 points to win, with my two players, DeMarco Murray and Jeremy Maclin, the only two players left to play in the matchup. still hopeful!!![/quote']

Murray and Maclin ended up coming to my rescue, meaning that I win this weeks matchup by about 2 points to go 7-1!!! Much better than I thought I would be at this stage of the season.

I am still open for trades including either Cam Newton or Drew Brees, or any others I currently have.