SM NFL Fantasy League

dhulldevsfan

Re: SM NFL Fantasy League

The Madden curse lives on...!

LINK

38.70 points for the season. :(

Haha, so true, and some people still question whether or not this curse really has some form of validity to it. In the words of Kurt Angle... Oh it's true... It's DAMN TRUE!!!

They where just talking about this the other day on PTI. Reckon Hillis won't be signed next season, well not with the Browns anyway. Will be interesting to see who takes a pop at him.

Also, late news I know, but hope it pays off for me, finally - TJ has moved to Oakland. About time. Get me some bloody points now! That is all I have to say.

Really struggling to decide on who my three RBs are going to be this week. I've got 4 decent options.

Mendenhall

For: My best RB on paper

Against: Playing against the Ravens who he historically has done poorly against and they are very strong against the run

Tolbert

For: Pretty much the only nearly healthy RB on the Chargers roster at the moment

Against: He's playing against the Packers, but there's two sides to that as although they have a strong run D, the Chargers also wont want to be throwing it too much if possible with a lethal Packer pass protection unit and a dodgy Philip Rivers.

McGahee

For: Should be the starting back for the Broncos, and he's been good so far this season and he's playing against the Raiders, who give up a lot of points to RBs.

Against: Moreno and Ball were both pretty good last week, so they might get some carries.

Jacobs

For: Ahmad Bradshaw is out so he should be the starting back.

Against: The Giants will probably want to be throwing it a LOT against the Patriots with Eli on form and the Patriots secondary, being the Patriots secondary.

I know that was a bit longwinded but it's mainly just for my own thought process. :P

All of them have a reason to play them and a reason not to play them, so I'm struggling to decide. I'm leaning towards leaving Mendenhall out, but leaving out your first round pick after a couple of quiet weeks can quite often come back to hurt you.

I'd definitely drop Jacobs, he has been pants this season. He is only effective when the O-line creates huge gaps for him to run through and so far they haven't been good at doing that. With our starting centre, David Baas, out today our O-line is going to be even less effective.

The fact that we are 30th in rushing tells you all you need to know about our run game this season :P

Took the decision to drop Niners' reserve RB Kendall Hunter, who has got me a fair few points this season, in favour of Chris Ogbonnaya, who shall start for the Browns today with Peyton Hillis and Montario Hardesty both out. Not expecting a great deal from him, but hopefully he can find the end-zone at some point today.

Very confident about my match-up today against Hamilton's Hammers, whose owner seems to have lost interest in this/forgotten about it. He's set to start Earnest Graham (on IR), Jason Hansen (on a bye) and Tim Tebow (just...terrible...). He could start Philip Rivers, Mario Manningham and Wes Welker, but I'm happy he won't!

Took the decision to drop Niners' reserve RB Kendall Hunter' date=' who has got me a fair few points this season, in favour of Chris Ogbonnaya, who shall start for the Browns today with Peyton Hillis and Montario Hardesty both out. Not expecting a great deal from him, but hopefully he can find the end-zone at some point today.

[/quote']

He certainly didnt have a great start, fumble on his first play!

The 7-1 Chicaritos Crazies have a commanding lead in this weeks current matchup after big days for Julio Jones, DeMarco Murray, and a better day for Drew Brees! What a day for Julio Jones though, two brilliant touchdowns.

I'd definitely drop Jacobs' date=' he has been pants this season. He is only effective when the O-line creates huge gaps for him to run through and so far they haven't been good at doing that. With our starting centre, David Baas, out today our O-line is going to be even less effective.

The fact that we are 30th in rushing tells you all you need to know about our run game this season :P[/quote']

I took your advice, and Jacobs got 16 points. :P

Not the end of the world though, since McGahee got 28 and Tolbert got 20, so whatever Mendenhall gets my RB core has prevailed. Along with those two, Ryan contributed 21, Marshall 16, Akers 15, Jets D 10, Jennings 10 and the pathetic addition of 6 my Dustin Keller has me on 128 points. My opposition has 76, so unless DeSean Jackson gets 53 points I will be fine regardless of what Mendenhall does.

I took your advice' date=' and Jacobs got 16 points. :P

Not the end of the world though, since McGahee got 28 and Tolbert got 20, so whatever Mendenhall gets my RB core has prevailed. Along with those two, Ryan contributed 21, Marshall 16, Akers 15, Jets D 10, Jennings 10 and the pathetic addition of 6 my Dustin Keller has me on 128 points. My opposition has 76, so unless DeSean Jackson gets 53 points I will be fine regardless of what Mendenhall does.[/quote']

Thats fantasy football for you, i put Darren Sproles in my fantasy team against the porous Rams run defence 2 weeks ago and he had a blowout mustering 5 points or something. :o

The week before that game he'd burned the Colts and yesterday he had a superb performance against the Buccs :P

He certainly didnt have a great start' date=' fumble on his first play![/quote']

I know! Haha

It looks like I've won my match-up this week...just! Rodgers' 4TD performance yesterday was just enough to overcome tqhamilton this week, with my Wednesday Warriors triumphing by an oh-so-comfortable .82 points! Hamilton's hammers had some very healthy contributions from Tim Tebow, Arian Foster, Jordy Nelson, Jason Witten and the Cowboys D to make the match-up close. However, if he were active and able to sub in Wes Welker, Mario Manningham and Nick Folk, tqhamilton would have thrashed me by almost 35 points! :D

Looks like I've definitely won my matchup this week' date=' as long as my opponent doesn't get over 42 points from tonight's match, where he only has Robbie Gould to play! Sure it would be a world record if he was to get that many points!![/quote']

Yeah ....Was never gonna do it......,But he did alright getting 14 pts

Andre Johnson being out is killing me at the moment.....But even with him in I would not have beaten Adam.......Well done fella

Selection is becoming a real headache for me. I've got 5 good RBs and 5 good WRs.

RBs: Mendenhall, McGahee, Tolbert, Jacobs, Addai.

WRs: Jennings, Marshall, Branch, Jenkins, Torrey Smith.

It's getting tough to pick 5 players out of those 10 each week.

I should really get some depth at the QB and TE positions but I do like the flexibility of having so many RBs and WRs, just means I've got to pick the right players each week!

I should be safe tonight against Andy's Wednesday Warriors, I've got a 22 point lead with Greg Jennings and Michael Jenkins to play, he's got Rodgers. So unless neither Jennings or Jenkins catch a ball, or Rodgers does something reeallly ridiculous I should be fine.

I should be safe tonight against Andy's Wednesday Warriors' date=' I've got a 22 point lead with Greg Jennings and Michael Jenkins to play, he's got Rodgers. So unless neither Jennings or Jenkins catch a ball, or Rodgers does something reeallly ridiculous I should be fine.[/quote']

Hey, the way Rodgers is playing this season, a 22-point lead is by no means a sure thing. Just got to hope Jennings gets injured on the first play of the game and I should have the win in the bag. ;):P

Hoping to be safe for another win this week, to take the mighty Chicaritos Crazies to 9-1 :D

I currently have a 43 point lead over my opponent, all my players having played, with my opponent just having Jordy Nelson playing.

Big scores this week for my team come from, Drew Brees (20.88), DeMarco Murray (23.10), Larry Fitzgerald (26.60), Laurent Robinson (19.30) and the mighty Chicago Bears defense, who amassed a total of 36 points :D

Hey' date=' the way Rodgers is playing this season, a 22-point lead is by no means a sure thing. Just got to hope Jennings gets injured on the first play of the game and I should have the win in the bag. ;):P[/quote']

That's what I meant by 'unless neither Jennings or Jenkins make a catch.' :P

I'm confident they'll be able get me 18 points between them, and that 40 points should be out of reach even for Rodgers, unless, like I said, he does something ridiculous. :D

Wasn't optomisitic at all ahead of my match-up with Adam's 9-1 Crazies today, but we've had an excellent start. Cam Newton's already thrown a pick for Adam - more of that please, Cam! - and Dez Bryant has just caught a TD pass from Romo. Hopefully Romo keeps going there, and not to Laurent Robinson! :D

Wasn't optomisitic at all ahead of my match-up with Adam's 9-1 Crazies today' date=' but we've had an excellent start. Cam Newton's already thrown a pick for Adam - more of that please, Cam! - and Dez Bryant has just caught a TD pass from Romo. Hopefully Romo keeps going there, and not to Laurent Robinson! :D[/quote']

Not a great start I must admit! I know I teased you about Ogbonnaya last week, but it looks like hes getting payback on me! Still debating between Earl Bennett and Green Ellis! I have faith in the Bears defense, and am glad my Miami have chosen this week to go on a riot against your Bills defense!

EDIT: As I wrote this, Rodgers threw an interception and Cam Newton woke up!!!

I'm having a shocking week so far.

Hall of shame:

McGahee, I figured he was a dead cert for 100 yards if he was healthy with the Broncos fantastic passing game, massive flop, the Jets just put up a wall because they knew it was getting run all day long and McGahee could only manage 18 yards from 12 carries with a fumble, which was nulled by me having the Jets D.

Jennings, Mr consistent could only manage one catch for 6 yards, usually he's good for at least 9/10 points, I'm pretty sure this is the first time he's got less than 9 points.

Marshall, Not as surprising as Jennings but Brandon 'Monster' Marshall could also only manage one catch for 5 yards.

Keller, Decent 40 yards which would be OK if others had stepped up, could of had 20 points if Sanchez didn't throw it 5 yards over his head every time he's in the end zone. Think he's getting him confused with Plaxico.

Basically I'm gonna need Matt Ryan, Brandon Jacobs and Deion Branch to have big games for me to win this week. The salt in the wounds is that I tried to swap Torrey Smith in for Branch this week as I liked the match up against the Bengals but my internet didn't feel like co-operating and I wasn't able to before I had to go out. So obviously he got 22 points...

Not a great start I must admit! I know I teased you about Ogbonnaya last week' date=' but it looks like hes getting payback on me! Still debating between Earl Bennett and Green Ellis! I have faith in the Bears defense, and am glad my Miami have chosen this week to go on a riot against your Bills defense!

EDIT: As I wrote this, Rodgers threw an interception and Cam Newton woke up!!![/quote']

Think it's going to be pretty close mate, although I think you might just shade it. Given how Cutler absolutely loves Earl Bennett, I can see him racking up another ten points in the second-half, and Larry Fitzgerald is good enough to turn his performance around - even if he does have a pretty inept QB throwing the ball to him. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that one of my three remaining players can somehow get me a score, with Michael Crabtree being the most likely.

Either way, I'm delighted how well my side has done this week as I was missing five players on a bye and I really wasn't expecting much. Like you say, Chris Ogbonnaya has been a neat little pick-up for the past couple of weeks! Just need to get shot of this Bills defense... :/

Think it's going to be pretty close mate' date=' although I think you might just shade it. Given how Cutler absolutely loves Earl Bennett, I can see him racking up another ten points in the second-half, and Larry Fitzgerald is good enough to turn his performance around - even if he does have a pretty inept QB throwing the ball to him. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that one of my three remaining players can somehow get me a score, with Michael Crabtree being the most likely.

Either way, I'm delighted how well my side has done this week as I was missing five players on a bye and I really wasn't expecting much. Like you say, Chris Ogbonnaya has been a neat little pick-up for the past couple of weeks! Just need to get shot of this Bills defense... :/[/quote']

Its going to be extremely close at the moment, I really need the Chicago defense to step up to the plate, and for Cutler to stop throwing it to Knox!!! Oh and Skelton to actually throw the ball to his own team rather than to the 49ers! If i can get within 10 points, then I have faith in Gostkowski to do the business

Kept fitzpatrick in and Flacco has a good week:rolleyes:

This game annoys me at times.....but generally I love it:D

Had an eventful weekend and forgot even to put a Defense in.......

But I'm fortunate to be playing a poor team (No offense intended) and still hoping for the win:D