SM NFL Fantasy League

dhulldevsfan

Re: SM NFL Fantasy League

Damn it LeSean, I was cheering at the TV as he broke away from the Giants at the end there, then quickly realised he's on the other team, and my cheers turned into shouts of 'No, turn around, turn around!' Whilst I'm happy he got the 1st down and secured the victory, those 60 yards just pretty much put the match this week out of my reach, before that I just needed 9.60 points from Deion Branch and I would have won, no I'm going to be needing 15. Don't think he'll manage that, he usually gets targets when Welker is being covered, like against the Jets for example, but against the Chiefs I don't see them needing to go to Branch that often, not enough to get 15 points anyway. One can hope, though.

Made a couple of decent moves this week, adding Kevin Smith off waivers for Olindo Mare, Toby Gerhart for Dane Sanzenbacher and the Houston Texans defense, ditching the miserable Bills defense. Smith is the big one after his monster week in week 11, although he's never going to match those numbers again. Gerhart could get the start in Minnesota this weekend with AP down, but he's facing a tough match-up at the Falcons. But possibly most significant is the additions of the Texans' defense, considering the Bills defense earned me a combined -5 points the past fortnight. Coming in is the NFL's leading defense who face a great match-up with the rookie-led Jaguars - how were they on waivers?! :confused:

Gonna have a tough job selecting my side on Sunday, with six running-backs to pick from...

Made a couple of decent moves this week' date=' adding Kevin Smith off waivers for Olindo Mare, Toby Gerhart for Dane Sanzenbacher and the Houston Texans defense, ditching the miserable Bills defense. Smith is the big one after his monster week in week 11, although he's never going to match those numbers again. Gerhart could get the start in Minnesota this weekend with AP down, but he's facing a tough match-up at the Falcons. But possibly most significant is the additions of the Texans' defense, considering the Bills defense earned me a combined -5 points the past fortnight. Coming in is the NFL's leading defense who face a great match-up with the rookie-led Jaguars - how were they on waivers?! :confused:

Gonna have a tough job selecting my side on Sunday, with six running-backs to pick from...[/quote']

Since Fred Jackson was placed on IR yesterday, I also decided to bring in CJ Spiller for Kendall Hunter, although he has a sod of a match-up this week against the Jets.

Decided to start Kevin Smith this week which was great, since he got 57 scrimmage yards in the first quarter alone. That was until he left the game injured minutes later... :(

Lost to the Hot Rats this week, still in the play-offs so it's not the end of the world. Matt Ryan carried on his good form with 28, and my two most consistent point scorers, David Akers and the Jets D both got 13, but none of my other players really showed up. Jennings and Branch both did nothing in their games then got injured, McGahee was ineffective against the Bears, and Keller only got 34 yards, Marshall with 27 yards and a TD was the only other real contributor, with Torrey Smith, Tolbert and Brandon Jacobs all getting TDs on the bench, so I got my selection pretty wrong this week! :o

Was going really well this week, big points from Drew Brees, Laurent Robinson, Larry Fitzgerald and Julio Jones, and then DeMarco Murray goes and gets himself badly injured, ended up losing this weeks matchup by 0.92 points, if only Murray had been able to get 10 more yards before doing in his ankle!

On a plus side I am still #1, however I am without my top running back for the rest of the season, Bad times!

I may be finishing bottom or 2nd bottom in this but all I wanted was to beat Kylan in our match' date=' seems that was a while back, but I did beat him :P[/quote']

Allan, I'm shocked. Here I was thinking, that Ulster bloke, such a gentleman, yet now I hear of this atrocity, joining the league just to put me to shame. Simply unacceptable. I will say though, it's not been that hard this season to beat me, have made some dreadful picks. :o

But yes, losing to you has proven to be quite the embarrassment, almost like if I was Utd and you were Basel in this league. :D

Not optimistic ahead of my first play-off game, I've lost Jennings for the season, and Mendenhall is up against a very stout 49ers D probably with Patrick Willis back. Then I've got McGahee who has struggled recently, Torrey Smith who will probably follow the usual formula of scoring well on my bench for a couple weeks then I promote him and he doesn't catch a ball, Brandon Jacobs who's coming off a good week but will still have to share with Bradshaw, Keller who hasn't been targetted as much as he should have and Marshall who loves to be inconsistent. And then I've got Matt Ryan, who could easily tear the Jags to pieces, but he's been going to back to his favourite target Roddy White recently, who happens to be on the other team this week, so every point Ryan gets this week could easily be doubled against me.

So yeah, not particularly confident. :o

Oh dear... I've been telling myself the whole time, get Roddy White, MJD, Blount and AJ Green out of the way and his team should be fairly toothless. The first three had already put 40 on the board, and now AJ Green has 85 yards and missed a TD by inches, and it's not even the second quarter yet.

Colour me worried.

Ahhhhh DECISIONS!!!

Do I go for Demaryius Thomas' date=' chance it with Jeremy Maclin or stay with Laurent Robinson!![/quote']

So I ended up going with Laurent Robinson and he got me a nice little 8.90 points with a TD! Went nicely with the 15.10 points that Julio Jones picked up Thursday Night.

So far tonight, Fasano has just got caught a TD for Miami and my team (Winners all around!), and Drew Brees has got the ball back :D

EDIT: Drew Brees has just fumbled the ball :(

Danny bloody Woodhead, doesn't score a TD all year then chooses the first week of the fantasy play-offs when he's facing me to finally do something!

That's just not cricket.

*EDIT* Not to mention the fact Jared Cook got 100 yards, which is what he's gotten in his last 5 games put together.

The Fantasy gods have not been kind to me this week, Matt Ryan looked like he could have scored 40 points against the Jags but they were so useless he only played 2 and a half quarters, McGahee gets 59 yards rushing from 5 attempts looks like he could light up the Patriots for 20 points, gets injured and only touches the ball twice after that, and my Eagles waited until they were playing against my fantasy defence to score 45 points! And as I mentioned above, Jared Cook and Danny Woodhead came out of nowhere to score him 20 points. Thankfully, Mark Sanchez being his reliable old useless self, has kept me in with a shout. To win, I need Rashard Mendenhall, Torrey Smith and David Akers to outscore the 49'ers D by 23 points. Doable, but not easy, as Mendenhall is playing against the 49'ers who are beast against the run, Torrey Smith is inconsistent as hell, and David Akers, well, he's a kicker. Fingers crossed!