SM NFL Fantasy League

dhulldevsfan

Re: SM NFL Fantasy League

Oh Big Ben, don't do this to me! All I need is the 49'ers D to not score more than about 10 points in the game and I have a good shot at winning my match-up, but he already threw 2 picks in their first 2 posessions. Buck up Benny boy!

P.S. Triple post, w00t! :P

This post is to mainly make sure that Mikey doesnt get a quadruple post in here too!

Too many decisions and not enough time to make them for this weeks lineup!!

I am severely lacking in RB's, with my best (DeMarco Murray out for the season) and am even going to Kahlil Bell this week, although with Barber out I am hopeful of him getting some solid points!

My dilemma once again is with my WR's. I need to choose 3 out of the 4 I have! Julio Jones is a definite start for me, but picking my other 2 is proving impossible. Do I go with Demaryius Thomas who is looking good at the moment but Buffalo likely to have bad throwing conditions, Larry Fitzgerald who is always worth a start or Jeremy Maclin who although is on his comeback, and hasnt had a good points haul in a while, has a good matchup this week! I havent a clue!

So after a season of ups and downs, we have come upon our final week.

After the main season (14 weeks), the standings stood as this;

1 Chicaritos Crazies 12-2

2 Hot Rats 11-3

3 Chitown Bootleggers 11-3

4 The Crazy Ninjas 9-5

5 CND United 8-6

6 Cockney Mafia 8-6

7 Wednesday Warriors 7-7

8 Evans Almighty 7-7

9 Yorkshire Broncos 7-7

10 Turriff Co Inter Mafia 6-8

11 Cowdenbeath Rams 6-8

12 hamilton hammers 5-9

13 Running with Scissors 5-9

14 Starboys 4-10

15 Making Up The Numbers 3-11

16 Gary Glitter's U16s 3-11

After Quarter Final and Semi Final match-ups in weeks 15 and 16, we are now down to the final matchups.

CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

(1) Chicaritos Crazies (Myself) vs (6) Cockney Mafia (Kylan)

3rd Place Game

(5) CND United vs (2) Hot Rats

5th Place Game

(4) Crazy Ninjas vs (7) Wednesday Warriors

7th Place Game

(8) Evans Almighty vs (3) Chiltown Bootleggers

Really enjoyed it this year (being my first)' date=' do we do a new draft next year? as I know far more now than I did 18 weeks ago.[/quote']

Yep, I'm just gutted that we have to wait 7 and a half months!

If anyone hasn't seen there's a play-off fantasy challenge, which I did last year and is pretty fun. You get to set a line up each week, and the further your player goes in the play-offs, the more his score his multiplied by, so if you pick someone in the wildcard round and they go through to the divisional round, you get x2 points, then x3 in the conference championships and then x4 in the Superbowl.

I thought about creating a league for it but there'd probably only be about 4/5 of us because I think most of the people who were in this league have stopped paying attention to it, or this thread anyway.

Congrats Adam, richly deserved. :)

I was just pleased to beat Mikey for fifth place WITHOUT playing with my superstar QB Aaron Rodgers. ;):P

Yep' date=' I'm just gutted that we have to wait 7 and a half months!

If anyone hasn't seen there's a play-off fantasy challenge, which I did last year and is pretty fun. You get to set a line up each week, and the further your player goes in the play-offs, the more his score his multiplied by, so if you pick someone in the wildcard round and they go through to the divisional round, you get x2 points, then x3 in the conference championships and then x4 in the Superbowl.

I thought about creating a league for it but there'd probably only be about 4/5 of us because I think most of the people who were in this league have stopped paying attention to it, or this thread anyway.

I'm up for creating a league, even if we get about 5-6 of us in it. I've already set my team for the Wildcard Weekend. :)

Champion :D:d:d

Well played sir' date=' was quite a close finale, especially considering the players I have, I was thinking it would be a blow-out in your favour.

It really should have been Hot Rats and you in the final. You both had a better collective season, as well as far more astute picks made in the draft. My picks were more swayed with my fan-boy hat on overdrive on draft day.

In the end, guess the bad week for Hot Rats in the round prior, against me, allowed me to sneak in their, to face you. Just makes the loss all that much bitter as it's you of all people that have slain me. Both vile an disgusting. To quote the great, Sefton, "I. Am. Disappoint."

Nice one to the rest of the lads too. Yet another quality season of fantasy NFL finished. Look forward to more. Any takers on the Cockney Mafia's 1st round pick next season... he'll lead us to yet another final. You know it makes sense! Oh, and I shan't be picking, NoShowCinco ever again!

I'm up for creating a league, even if we get about 5-6 of us in it. I've already set my team for the Wildcard Weekend. :)

I'd be down for that if you need any takers.

Congrats Adam' date=' richly deserved. :)

I was just pleased to beat Mikey for fifth place WITHOUT playing with my superstar QB Aaron Rodgers. ;):P

I'm up for creating a league, even if we get about 5-6 of us in it. I've already set my team for the Wildcard Weekend. :)[/quote']

Haha I completely forgot about my team this week, although I just looked and I wouldn't have beaten you anyway. I think most of my players only played until half time. :P

Regardless, you might have beaten me overall, but my kicker threw more touchdowns than your kicker!

But yeah, we might as well make a league even if there's only a few of us, I figured I might as well create it, link. If that link doesn't work, just search SM Fantasy Play-offs in the all leagues section. The password is picksix, just like the main league.

Congrats Adam' date=' richly deserved. :)

I'm up for creating a league, even if we get about 5-6 of us in it. I've already set my team for the Wildcard Weekend. :)[/quote']

Thankyou, and the champion is in!!!

Starting to regret taking Arian Foster out of my line-up in favour of Isaac Redman. I put Arian Foster in there in a heartbeat when I first set my line-up, then second guessed myself, thinking he's playing against the Bengals, who've got a good run D, then if they beat them, it's the Steelers, with an even better run D. Then I decided to risk it and go for Isaac Redman because I fancy the Steelers to last longer, and thought he could do what James Starks did last year.

So 29 points from Arian Foster is going to be a lot to live up to for Isaac!

Other than that my players are doing good so far, 21 from Brees, 23 from Johnson and 11 from Jimmy Graham.

Just been looking around everyone elses line-ups, some interesting choices out there.

And Andy, get your act together and get in the league buddy! :P

And Andy' date=' get your act together and get in the league buddy! :P[/quote']

Some of us have lives you know?! :P In now. :)

Thought I had done well last night, but I guess not by looking at some of you guys and your scores! Foster and Brees racked me up a tonne of points, but definitely regret not taking Megatron, even if he is knocked out at the first hurdle. I tended to stick by players who I think will have a deep run in the post-season

Some of us have lives you know?! :P In now. :)

Thought I had done well last night' date=' but I guess not by looking at some of you guys and your scores! Foster and Brees racked me up a tonne of points, but definitely regret not taking Megatron, even if he is knocked out at the first hurdle. I tended to stick by players who I think will have a deep run in the post-season[/quote']

Unacceptable! :P

As I said to Jozua, I decided I couldn't turn down Megatron because the man is... well the man is called Megatron. But I took Jordy Nelson so that even in the likely event the Lions went out I'd have a WR with x2 points.

Definitely regretting not taking Arian Foster, though. But I'll look like a genius when Isaac Redman gets 100 yards and 2 TDs against the Broncos... *cough*

Crikey Adam' date=' going with your all-Saints team has definitely worked out for you in week 2, although it might hurt you next week. 202 points! Brees 36 x2, Sproles 19 x2, Colston 19 x2, Graham 22 x 2, John Kasay 6 x2.[/quote']

I know, I was backing the Saints to go all the way, unfortunately looks like it has backfired on me!

• 4 weeks later...

http://landing.fantasy.nfl.com/perfect-challenge?icampaign=Perfect_HP_Hottopics_notify&module=HP11_hot_topics

Never too early to sign up' date=' especially when there's $1m up for grabs. ;)

P.S. Just noticed I won the playoff challenge. :D[/quote']

Do you know what this perfect challenge entails? I've pre-registered, but have no idea what it is.

And I will never doubt Arian Foster again. :(