SM NFL Fantasy League

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: SM NFL Fantasy League

Re: SM NFL Fantasy League Chicaritos Crazies - Adam - Wednesday Warriors - Andy - Cockney Mafia - Kylan Hot Rats - NumberSix Turriff Co Inter Mafia - ManUnited4Life CND United - Dobby Evans Alm

Re: SM NFL Fantasy League Its that time in the season when results really matter... that's right... its PLAYOFF TIME BABY!!!! The top two seeds get a bye straight into the semi finals, well done to

Posted Images

How are the numbers looking for this season's draft? Have we asked everybody who played last year?

First of all, welcome aboard Jozua, a really good addition to the competition. I have asked everyone who played last year but havent heard anything from anyone other than the ones who had said they would like to play. At the moment we have;

Adam (Defending Champion )

Mikey

Andy

Lenny

tqhamilton (Tony)

Arfon

NumberSix (Bob)

dhulldevsfan

ManUnited4life

Dobby

Kylan

Jozua

So we currently have 12 for this season's draft. I have just been looking at the settings allowed for a league, and 12 teams is one of the options, as is 14and 16. So we have enough to do a draft, its up to you guys if you wanted to look for 4 more, or even 2 more. But by the end of this week, I will be looking at setting the league up, and getting things ready for a the draft next month.

So we currently have 12 for this season's draft. I have just been looking at the settings allowed for a league' date=' and 12 teams is one of the options, as is 14and 16. So we have enough to do a draft, its up to you guys if you wanted to look for 4 more, or even 2 more. But by the end of this week, I will be looking at setting the league up, and getting things ready for a the draft next month.[/quote']

Sounds good mate, what site are we using? The official NFL one?

Sounds good mate' date=' what site are we using? The official NFL one?[/quote']

Yes mate, from experience (last year), that site is pretty decent. From the draft at the start of the season, the waiver system, to the livematch scoring system.

Guys are we all happy to go with a 12 team competition this year? Or did we want to wait and try to find 4 more?

Yes mate' date=' from experience (last year), that site is pretty decent. From the draft at the start of the season, the waiver system, to the livematch scoring system.

Guys are we all happy to go with a 12 team competition this year? Or did we want to wait and try to find 4 more?[/quote']

Just logged on to find KNVB has PM'ed me to say he'd wish to compete again this year. Does that put us on 13 and in need of one more person?

Had a genuine nightmare last night, I woke up in a cold sweat. I dreamt that I was running late for the start of our fantasy draft and when I finally logged on to join in, the computer had auto-selected Arizona Cardinals place kicker Jay Feely with my first round pick. Oh, the horror.

(If I believed that **** about "what dreams mean", I'd be a tad worried...luckily, I don't.)

Just logged on to find KNVB has PM'ed me to say he'd wish to compete again this year. Does that put us on 13 and in need of one more person?

Had a genuine nightmare last night' date=' I woke up in a cold sweat. I dreamt that I was running late for the start of our fantasy draft and when I finally logged on to join in, the computer had auto-selected Arizona Cardinals place kicker Jay Feely with my first round pick. Oh, the horror.

(If I believed that **** about "what dreams mean", I'd be a tad worried...luckily, I don't.)[/quote']

Yep, means we need to find one more by the end of the week so that we can get the draft done reasonably soon

Yep' date=' means we need to find one more by the end of the week so that we can get the draft done reasonably soon[/quote']

Just like to put it out there while I'm actually on here...my schedule for the next few weekends is pretty rammed. Down in London to watch some of the Olympics next weekend, then out on the lash in Newcastle the following weekend, then down in Chelmsford for V Fest the weekend after. Weekend of 25th/26th will be the best for me, unless we do a weeknight.

Might be an idea if people stated their preferences as well so we can start to put a date in the diary.

Adam (Defending Champion )

Mikey

Andy

Lenny

tqhamilton (Tony)

Arfon

NumberSix (Bob)

dhulldevsfan

ManUnited4life

Dobby

Kylan

Jozua

KNVB

Mark

I am pretty flexible for any time at the weekend, I am thinking that we should do it at about the same time 6pm British Time I think we did last year and I think that worked out pretty well.

What I will ask is however, if anyone doesnt really use this forum anymore, if they wanted to message me their emails, so that I can update them through that then I would be happy to do so.

We now have 14, which is enough to open a league, if everyone is happy with me in doing so, we will just need to sort out a time and date for the draft

I am starting to think a weekday might be the best bet. Anyway, I am going to send messages out to everyone involved, and see what everyone thinks and hopefully we can come up with a choice of days because I really want to get this league set up sooner rather than later!

I am starting to think a weekday might be the best bet. Anyway' date=' I am going to send messages out to everyone involved, and see what everyone thinks and hopefully we can come up with a choice of days because I really want to get this league set up sooner rather than later![/quote']

Weeknights may be difficult for me later in the month as I'm taking afternoon classes (over here in the US). Weekends or any weeknight before the 20th works fine. If we can't find a time that I can make I'm OK with autopick :eek: although I'd much rather be there live!

I am starting to think a weekday might be the best bet. Anyway' date=' I am going to send messages out to everyone involved, and see what everyone thinks and hopefully we can come up with a choice of days because I really want to get this league set up sooner rather than later![/quote']

Anytime in the weekend or weekdays for me. The closer to the NFL draft, the better.

bob

Looking at the replies I have had, the best time for everyone to do the draft is, on a weeknight, 7pm onwards. Three people have stated that it will be difficult for them to do, if its after the 28th, 24th and 20th of this month respectively, so it really is up to everyone to decide on a date and a time so that we can set up the draft.

Looking at the replies I have had' date=' the best time for everyone to do the draft is, on a weeknight, 7pm onwards. Three people have stated that it will be difficult for them to do, if its after the 28th, 24th and 20th of this month respectively, so it really is up to everyone to decide on a date and a time so that we can set up the draft.[/quote']

The other option is to do an offline draft, where whilst it takes away the fun of it being live and everyone being able to interact, if we are finding it difficult to pick one date and specific time, this option would bring flexibility.

I'm ready and raring for whenever and whatever. Looks like a weeday before the 20th is the best bet from what people have said so far, so the best day would be this Friday since it gives the most warning.

Little bit earlier than I'd like to do it (The Ryan Matthews injury is an example of why I prefer to draft as soon before the season as possible), but the most important thing is getting as many people as possible the chance to draft live.

Any night this week or next for me, albeit not Friday-Sunday this week as I'm at V Fest. :)

Just a quick heads up though Adam - I tried just doing a mock draft now and it was a bit wierd. Everyone had $200 to use to and every time somebody chose a player, everybody else could try and bid for him to move up and take him. Wasn't a big fan. Also noticed that you had to pick a few defensive players in addition to just a DEF, I think we should avoid this so we steer clear of drafting until the early hours of the next morning. You'll just need to be careful when setting the league rules.

EDIT: In fact, I've just activated our league from last season, which will make things easier. We can remove managers from last season who won't be participating this year and add the noobs (:P). Adam, I've assigned you league manager status so you can make any necessary adjustments, that okay with you?

Any night this week or next for me' date=' albeit not Friday-Sunday this week as I'm at V Fest. :)

Just a quick heads up though Adam - I tried just doing a mock draft now and it was a bit wierd. Everyone had $200 to use to and every time somebody chose a player, everybody else could try and bid for him to move up and take him. Wasn't a big fan. Also noticed that you had to pick a few defensive players in addition to just a DEF, I think we should avoid this so we steer clear of drafting until the early hours of the next morning. You'll just need to be careful when setting the league rules.[/quote']

That's the auction style draft isn't it?

Would definitely prefer the normal style of draft.

Any night this week or next for me' date=' albeit not Friday-Sunday this week as I'm at V Fest. :)

Just a quick heads up though Adam - I tried just doing a mock draft now and it was a bit wierd. Everyone had $200 to use to and every time somebody chose a player, everybody else could try and bid for him to move up and take him. Wasn't a big fan. Also noticed that you had to pick a few defensive players in addition to just a DEF, I think we should avoid this so we steer clear of drafting until the early hours of the next morning. You'll just need to be careful when setting the league rules.

EDIT: In fact, I've just activated our league from last season, which will make things easier. We can remove managers from last season who won't be participating this year and add the noobs (:P). Adam, I've assigned you league manager status so you can make any necessary adjustments, that okay with you?[/quote']

Thats perfect, thankyou! Would it be cheeky to ask you to send me a quick email just to explain the main bits on the site that I might need to know!

I am available all week, 7pm onwards, apart from Friday

if its 7 pm then i can manage any night up to the 28th is fine by me.

we will have to pick a night and time then we can see if it has to be changed.

if we go for this WED 15 aug 1900. or is that not enough notice.

cheers

tony

Any night this week or next for me' date=' albeit not Friday-Sunday this week as I'm at V Fest. :)[/quote']

I am available all week' date=' 7pm onwards, apart from Friday[/quote']

7pm Thursday then? To give the most amount of notice?

Chicaritos Crazies - Adam -

Wednesday Warriors - Andy -

Cockney Mafia - Kylan

Hot Rats - NumberSix

Turriff Co Inter Mafia - ManUnited4Life

CND United - Dobby

Evans Almighty - Arfon

Yorkshire Broncos - Lenny59 -

Cowdenbeath Rams - Andy -

Hamilton Hammers - tqhamilton

Crazy Ninjas - Mikey -

Chiltown Bootleggers - dhulldevsfan

I think all of those teams are listed with their managers correctly!

Have just looked at the draft availability, and Thursday is actually fully booked with no available time slots. Are there any more suggestions or do we want to do it the last weekend before the NFL, which I believe is the weekend of the 1st/2nd September?