dhulldevsfan

SM NFL Fantasy League

Re: SM NFL Fantasy League

Just a quick suggestion - the season doesn't start till September 8th, which gives us a whole month yet, so for those going here of there, assuming you were really keen on partaking in the live draft, surely we could wait abit then? Obviously still, it may not cater to everyone, but maybe the majority of people.

Just something to think about anyways.

Just a quick suggestion - the season doesn't start till September 8th' date=' which gives us a whole month yet, so for those going here of there, assuming you were really keen on partaking in the live draft, surely we could wait abit then? Obviously still, it may not cater to everyone, but maybe the majority of people.

Just something to think about anyways.[/quote']

Well I suggested that and would rather it since I can't attend a live draft this weekend (bloomin' ball and chain, taking up all my time...! :mad:). I also think the draft boards could change a lot between now and the beginning of the season.

But dhulldevsfan, who's organising this, said something about wanting to get this sorted before he returns/starts college on August 18th (I think). It might be worth exploring different options, or at least seeing how many wouldn't be able to take part tomorrow night, since there's bound to be somebody's nose put out of joint whatever we do.

EDIT: Also, is Rohit420420420 going to be active enough to take part in this? He doesn't post very often and I don't know much about him... (apologies if I sound rude/judgemental).

Well I suggested that and would rather it since I can't attend a live draft this weekend (bloomin' ball and chain' date=' taking up all my time...! :mad:). I also think the draft boards could change a lot between now and the beginning of the season.

But [i']dhulldevsfan[/i], who's organising this, said something about wanting to get this sorted before he returns/starts college on August 18th (I think). It might be worth exploring different options, or at least seeing how many wouldn't be able to take part tomorrow night, since there's bound to be somebody's nose put out of joint whatever we do.

EDIT: Also, is Rohit420420420 going to be active enough to take part in this? He doesn't post very often and I don't know much about him... (apologies if I sound rude/judgemental).

I support the idea of postponing the draft. I know college might be a rude awakening (:P), but I can't help but think that a few hours devoted to sorting players and a live draft should not interfere too much with attending classes and studying. But maybe I'm too old to remember clearly my college years! Anything possible the weekend before the start of the season, the 3rd or 4th of September ?

Alright seems like having the draft this soon is kind of unpopular, so I guess we'll postpone it for awhile. Meanwhile I'll set up the league on ESPN so that everyone has time to make an account and enter the league before we decide on the draft. I might not be as up to date with the thread though so someone else might want to monitor it.

EDIT - can't create the league until we know how many teams for sure, @andyowls do you know if anyone else that you asked will be joining?

EDIT2 - can't create league until you know draft date and time :rolleyes: oh well

EDIT: Also' date=' is Rohit420420420 going to be active enough to take part in this? He doesn't post very often and I don't know much about him... (apologies if I sound rude/judgemental).[/quote']

I guess we'll give him a chance to respond to PM's about the league/draft once we figure it out

When does everyone want to do the draft?
Sometime this weekend? Ideally not Sunday night seeing as I have an exam monday lunchtime :P

While I could do tonight probably' date=' it's a bit short-notice for everyone else. I say we plan ahead and give a date that everyone can prepare for regardless of whether they can attend the draft. The NFL season begins on September 8th, so I propose that we organise our draft for the weekend before that, either on Friday 2nd, Saturday 3rd or Sunday 4th, depending on what the majority can work out. In that time, I'll endeavour to get an answer from everybody who intends on par-taking in the competition. So far, our list looks like so:

dhulldevsfans

andyowls

ruggermad

Moodymark

Lenny59

NumberSix

Kylan N17

ManUnited4Life

jambogenius

Dobby

tqhamilton

RickJames

AdamG

General Juma

Arfon?

I've put a question mark by Arfon since he hasn't stated whether he'll play yet. Sorry for ignoring your plea knowing about the game - I've been very busy lately! This post should help you out:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=1665347&postcount=500

Is there anyone in that list that I've forgotten? Also, who is RickJames? He hasn't posted on this thread or the NFL thread expressing his interest unless I am blind. I have also decided to eliminate Rohit420420420 from the official list since he hasn't made a post in a week, is a very irregular poster as it is and could be a bit of a liability.

Q. - dhulldevsfan, could you quickly investigate to see whether a 15-man league is possible? We may have to find 1-3 extra men, but I have no idea.

I say we plan ahead and give a date that everyone can prepare for regardless of whether they can attend the draft. The NFL season begins on September 8th' date=' so I propose that we organise our draft for the weekend before that, either on Friday 2nd, Saturday 3rd or Sunday 4th, depending on what the majority can work out. [/quote']

Good idea, I'm free most of that Friday and all of Sunday, but won't be able to do Saturday as my college, Iowa St., has its home opener that day :)

Yeah im in, never done nothing like this with the NFL apart from the fantasy draft on Madden :D.

My knowledge is a little hazy at present as ive been away from the NFL for a few years but I done my research on my team (The Colts) a month or so ago.

One thing - selection of my 16 players...how many defenders/special teams do I pick from that?