SM NFL Fantasy League

dhulldevsfan

Re: SM NFL Fantasy League

Having a shocking season so far, I'm getting zero production from my RB's. Seemed an obvious choice to bench CJ0K last week against that Texans D, and he went and racked 157 all purpose yards. Go figure. Now watch me start him against the Vikes and end up with a negative score.

Plus, I seem to be walking into teams on their best effort of the season! 18 points down already this week after the Rams brutally murdered Kevin Kolb on Thursday.

I keep walking into people on the wrong week...Shonn Greene has 30.50 all season and has over 22 points already tonight. Seriously?!?! :mad:

I never have no luck so it's about time Greene played well, crazy thing is that I planned on benching him this week but seen how the Colts are so poor against the run so left him in,but the rest of my team have been pretty average so far :(

I never have no luck so it's about time Greene played well' date=' crazy thing is that I planned on benching him this week but seen how the Colts are so poor against the run so left him in,but the rest of my team have been pretty average so far :([/quote']

I fancy your remaining players to outscore mine. :(

Didn't like his match-up against that Seahawks D' date=' typical that he's already scored! Just glad Martin got a half-decent haul in his place.[/quote']

Looks like Alex Smith is going to get you a win this week.

I think he's thrown more interceptions than completions!!!

After what I thought was another disappointing week, Jordy Nelson pulls me out of the brink, I was over 20 points down before The Packers game and certainly didn't expect Nelson to do much but Rodgers had a stormer and Nelson benefited :D just need The Broncos to keep Matthews to a minimum tonight.

Blimey.......RGIII end up with 35 points . . .:o

Ouch!

After what I thought was another disappointing week' date=' Jordy Nelson pulls me out of the brink, I was over 20 points down before The Packers game and certainly didn't expect Nelson to do much but Rodgers had a stormer and Nelson benefited :D just need The Broncos to keep Matthews to a minimum tonight.[/quote']

Unbelievable, had to pick my jaw up from the floor when I woke up to see that stat line this morning. Our match-up this week has had more twists and turns than a pretzel! Let's hope there's one more left in store tonight, just need 94 all purpose yards from Matthews, or a TD and 34 yards. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: From one of fantasy writers on NFL.com:

This might surprise you, but even as I pour of the fantasy data for countless hours, sometimes I make a mistake. I like to equate playing fantasy football to playing poker. You can do everything correct, play the percentages and know the odds, but you’re still at the whim of the cards. And in fantasy, you’re still relying on human beings. So there are no automatics.

I tried to think of the poker equivalent to losing to Shonn Greene over the weekend. And to me, it’s like getting a pair of aces and then having your opponent knock over the table.

Seriously, three touchdown runs from Greene? That was a season-full of production in one afternoon.

Exactly how I feel!!

Well isn't this lovely. Start off 2-0, hit the injury bug, now have lost 4 running. To make matters worse this week gone by, Garcon didn't play, I could have played James Jones, who I left on the bench, racking up a nice 15.30 points, with 2 TDs. Ugh. (Still would have lost anyway)

One plus - least Stafford and Adrian Peterson aren't injured... yet.

EDIT:

I'm on the path to turn this season around, thus I've entered into intense negotiations, at an advanced stage with Adam. I've tabled a very respectable offer, one which will benefit both parties. I expect the deal to be completed within a matter of hours, at most up to 2 days.

Unbelievable' date=' had to pick my jaw up from the floor when I woke up to see that stat line this morning. Our match-up this week has had more twists and turns than a pretzel! Let's hope there's one more left in store tonight, just need 94 all purpose yards from Matthews, or a TD and 34 yards. Fingers crossed.![/quote']

93 yards Matthews, are you frickin' kidding me?! I lose by less than half a yard and am now 2-4, only Adam has scored more points that me and he's 6-0!!! Raaaaaaage!!!! :mad:

93 yards Matthews' date=' are you frickin' kidding me?! I lose by less than half a yard and am now 2-4, only Adam has scored more points that me and he's 6-0!!! Raaaaaaage!!!! :mad:[/quote']

Dont worry Andy.....You got me next and I leave plenty of points on the bench :D

Well isn't this lovely. Start off 2-0' date=' hit the injury bug, now have lost 4 running. To make matters worse this week gone by, Garcon didn't play, I could have played James Jones, who I left on the bench, racking up a nice 15.30 points, with 2 TDs. Ugh. [i'](Still would have lost anyway)[/i]

One plus - least Stafford and Adrian Peterson aren't injured... yet.

EDIT:

I'm on the path to turn this season around, thus I've entered into intense negotiations, at an advanced stage with Adam. I've tabled a very respectable offer, one which will benefit both parties. I expect the deal to be completed within a matter of hours, at most up to 2 days.

That trade offer seems to have disappeared off of my screen, I was so close to accepting too!

A nice win over Kylan this past week means I am indeed 6-0, last year I only lost one game, and that was against Kylan so hoping to go one better this year now that I have him out of the way!!!

That trade offer seems to have disappeared off of my screen' date=' I was so close to accepting too!

A nice win over Kylan this past week means I am indeed 6-0, last year I only lost one game, and that was against Kylan so hoping to go one better this year now that I have him out of the way!!![/quote']

How rude, I felt that was an utmost, respectable offer, if anything, I was paying over the odds slightly. This is a very concerning matter you have rejected said proposal. In there right mind, everybody in this league would have accepted Josh Freeman for Brady.

Back to the drawing board!

Dont worry Andy.....You got me next and I leave plenty of points on the bench :D

Thanks for giving me false optimism!

The Wednesday Warriors slip to 2-5 with yet another crushing defeat. I still have the 2nd best scoring team in the league behind Adam (who moves to 7-0), yet have the joint-worst record at the same time. That's due to the fact that my points against column is more than 120 points worse than anybody else!! What have I done to deserve this???!!! :(

Just taking a look back at the scoring leaders and how we drafted them:

1. RGIII (97!!!)

2. Aaron Rodgers (2)

3. Drew Brees (6)

4. Tom Brady (3)

5. Arian Foster (4)

6. Matt Ryan (29)

7. Peyton Manning (60)

8. Eli Manning (63)

9. Andy Dalton (64)

10. Ben Roethlisberger (17)

11. Ray Rice (8)

12. AJ Green (35)

13. Ryan Fitzpatrick (139)

14. Victor Cruz (26)

15. Andrew Luck (104)

16. Joe Flacco (118)

17. Cam Newton (11)

18. Josh Freeman (117)

19. Matthew Stafford (5)

20. Michael Vick (42)

21. Alfred Morris (Undrafted)

22. Matt Shaub (112)

23. Adrian Peterson (24)

24. Carson Palmer (176)

25. CJ Spiller (153)

26. Christian Ponder (Undrafted)

27. Sam Bradford (144)

28. Alex Smith (124)

29. Frank Gore (61)

30. Brandon Weeden (Undrafted)

31. Vincent Jackson (65)

32. Steven Ridley (Undrafted)

33. Jamaal Charles (39)

34. Marshawn Lynch (23)

35. Jordy Nelson (62)

36. Kevin Kolb (Undrafted)

37. Trent Richardson (43)

38. Percy Harvin (53)

39. Ahmad Bradshaw (28)

40. Brandon Marshall (40)

41. Marques Colston (48)

42. Shonn Greene (51)

43. Roddy White (27)

44. Wes Welker (22)

45. Jay Cutler (126)

46. Tony Romo (20)

47. Reggie Wayne (78)

48. Philip Rivers (38)

49. Mark Sanchez (207)

50. Reggie Bush (31)

Noteable others:

54. Rob Gronkowski (13)

55. LeSean McCoy (1)

58. Chris Johnson (7)

66. Calvin Johnson (10)

72. Maurice Jones-Drew (12)

76. Darren McFadden (9)

88. Matt Forte (14)

Thing that strikes me is how many good-scoring QB's you can pick up even really late in the draft, just look at Ryan Fitzpatrick as a prime example. From a personal perspective, I'm delighted that I managed to pick up 3 of the top-10 scoring WR's to date. Best draft pick for me from that list though, apart from the obvious, is CJ Spiller at pick 153.

Thing that strikes me is how many good-scoring QB's you can pick up even really late in the draft

Sssshhh don't let the secret get out so people keep drafting the likes of Newton and Stafford in the first round and Brady, Rodgers and Brees in the top 5!

Personally still cursing being one pick away from RGIII, really wanted him as I knew he could have an impact like this, not quite to the level he has but up there, didn't want to reach to high for him though and sacrifice other positions, ended up missing him by one and getting Peyton Hillis instead. Thought Hillis could form a lethal one-two punch with Jamaal Charles, and get the lions share of goal-line carries, but it's ended up with mostly a one-one punch of Charles, Charles and more Charles, and Hillis has been sat on the sidelines frequently injured.

Happy to have picked Steven Ridley up before the start of the season though, think that was a good move that has cancelled-out Hillis' rubbishness.

Really need my first two picks of Julio Jones and Matt Forte to get properly going, Jones has been drawing a lot of double coverage giving Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez back the lions share of targets, and Matt Forte has had a combination of decreased impact and decreased use.

Also really need to start remembering to set my line-ups which I haven't done for a few weeks which has lead to a lot of bye players getting starts.

Still going to take home the championship so none of that really matters at the end of the day! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Moved to 3-5 last weekend with a thoroughly unconvincing win. Only the Giants D stepped up for me last week with 22.00, with the team as a whole racking up just 72.58 points (although I did leave Doug Martin on the bench who had a breakout 33.40 point performance). Luckily, I faced the now 2-6 Cowdenbeath Rams who had 3 starters on a bye week, one who was inactive and Jeremy Shockey, who is now a free agent after being cut by the Panthers.

This week, the Hamilton Hammers are in the way of my Warriors moving to 4-5. It's been a poor start already as I was hoping for a good performance from Ryan Matthews against a porous Kansas City defense, but he mustered a very average 72 yards. Furthermore, Philip Rivers had a decent day for a change meaning I'm 7 points behind already.