dhulldevsfan

SM NFL Fantasy League

Re: SM NFL Fantasy League

I'm OK with what will be a long weekend in Canada. Monday 5th is an holiday (Labor Day), so saturday, sunday or monday suits me well. In any case, I can auto-select as I'll have time to build a draft list if necessary.

It's looking like the draft will be Sunday night, the 4th. Now we just need the final list of everyone who's in for sure, which I believe andyowls is compiling. After that I'll set up the league and PM everyone the link and password to it so you can join and those who will be using autopick can set their preferences.

Is there anyone in that list that I've forgotten? Also' date=' who is RickJames? [/b']He hasn't posted on this thread or the NFL thread expressing his interest unless I am blind. I have also decided to eliminate Rohit420420420 from the official list since he hasn't made a post in a week, is a very irregular poster as it is and could be a bit of a liability

I'm RickJames, I'm definitely keen and the 4th is fine with me, only just noticed this thread & the nfl one about a week ago but I've been playing fantasy football on espn & nfl.com for years, diehard Bucs fan as well:D

It's looking like the draft will be Sunday night' date=' the 4th. Now we just need the final list of everyone who's in for sure, which I believe andyowls is compiling. After that I'll set up the league and PM everyone the link and password to it so you can join and those who will be using autopick can set their preferences.[/quote']

brill, sounds great. Am looking forward to it :)

It's looking like the draft will be Sunday night' date=' the 4th. Now we just need the final list of everyone who's in for sure, which I believe andyowls is compiling. After that I'll set up the league and PM everyone the link and password to it so you can join and those who will be using autopick can set their preferences.[/quote']

Fine with me as well.

Are we talking sunday night GTM satndard time here ?

I'm RickJames' date=' I'm definitely keen and the 4th is fine with me, only just noticed this thread & the nfl one about a week ago but I've been playing fantasy football on espn & nfl.com for years, diehard Bucs fan as well:D[/quote']

Ah, sorry for doubting you dude! As long as you're an NFL nut, I'm fine with you joining in the fun! :P

Anyway, haven't had much time to look at this just yet. I'll write down who has responded to the proposed draft and what they can do, and then PM those who haven't made contact as of yet. It does like Sunday 4th will be the night of the draft thought.

But...

Everyone alright with 5pm CST' date=' 11pm UK?[/quote']
Ya we can make it an hour or so earlier if that works for the majority :)

I'm not particularly keen on this either as I too, like Arfon, am up early on the Monday morning (6AM). I would be much more comfortable with a 7-8PM start, 9PM at the absolute latest (all times BST). How long does a draft take because I can imagine it could be rather time-consuming, especially if there are several people online participating at the time? I think it's important we find a happy medium so that we can maximise the amount of people online for the draft.

Are you busy Sunday afternoon dhulldevsfan?

I'm not particularly keen on this either as I too' date=' like Arfon, am up early on the Monday morning (6AM). I would be much more comfortable with a 7-8PM start, 9PM at the absolute latest (all times BST). How long does a draft take because I can imagine it could be rather time-consuming, especially if there are several people online participating at the time? I think it's important we find a happy medium so that we can maximise the amount of people online for the draft.

Are you busy Sunday afternoon dhulldevsfan?[/quote']

It shouldn't take much longer then an hour although with more teams I'm not exactly sure. I'm thinking an 8pm BST start will be fine for me as well. Do you want to send out the PMs now?

It shouldn't take much longer then an hour although with more teams I'm not exactly sure. I'm thinking an 8pm BST start will be fine for me as well. Do you want to send out the PMs now?

8pm BST is ok with me.

As for the duration of draft it depends of a lot of factors : mostly the number of people «live drafting», how many players everyone drafts (how many rounds) and the degree of preparation of the ones drafting live. Usely (I have done a few of those), there is max of 90 seconds between two live picks and less than a second between two automatic picks.

Sunday, 4th September, 8PM BST:

dhulldevsfans - available

andyowls - available

ruggermad - available

Moodymark - ????

Lenny59 - ????

NumberSix - available

Kylan N17 - ????

ManUnited4Life - available?

jambogenius - ????

Dobby - available?

tqhamilton - not available, auto-select

RickJames - available?

AdamG - available

General Juma - ????

Arfon - available

Okay, I will be sending out PM's shortly. I will be mainly looking at reaching the guys who haven't responded to whether or not they shall be available on Sunday evening, although I will be sending PM's to everyone to make sure they know the arrangements and can prepare just in case their plans change at the last minute.

However, we still have the problem that we have 15 players, when we need an even number to set up the league. I will be asking in each PM for each forumer to make sure they are 100% committed to this and are sure they want to enter - if you may feel you don't have the time for this, then it may be wise for you to drop out. However, if everyone is good to go, then we are actively seeking for one my forumer to participate. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please note them down ASAP if so.

Once I've heard from everyone, which I will hope shouldn't take longer than the weekend, then I'll give the word to dhulldevsfan to open up the league so we can all register and explore the site. At that point, we'll have a more thorough look at the rules so that we're absolutely clear what's going down on Sunday 4th.

Looking forward to it guys!

Sunday' date=' 4th September, 8PM BST:

[b']dhulldevsfans - available

andyowls - available

ruggermad - available

Moodymark - ????

Lenny59 - ????

NumberSix - available

Kylan N17 - ????

ManUnited4Life - available?

jambogenius - ????

Dobby - available?

tqhamilton - not available, auto-select

RickJames - available?

AdamG - available

General Juma - ????

Arfon - available[/b]

Okay, I will be sending out PM's shortly. I will be mainly looking at reaching the guys who haven't responded to whether or not they shall be available on Sunday evening, although I will be sending PM's to everyone to make sure they know the arrangements and can prepare just in case their plans change at the last minute.

However, we still have the problem that we have 15 players, when we need an even number to set up the league. I will be asking in each PM for each forumer to make sure they are 100% committed to this and are sure they want to enter - if you may feel you don't have the time for this, then it may be wise for you to drop out. However, if everyone is good to go, then we are actively seeking for one my forumer to participate. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please note them down ASAP if so.

Once I've heard from everyone, which I will hope shouldn't take longer than the weekend, then I'll give the word to dhulldevsfan to open up the league so we can all register and explore the site. At that point, we'll have a more thorough look at the rules so that we're absolutely clear what's going down on Sunday 4th.

Looking forward to it guys!

Might have to auto select which is kinda annoying but something's come up, as is life :rolleyes:

However' date=' we still have the problem that we have 15 players, when we need an even number to set up the league. I will be asking in each PM for each forumer to make sure they are 100% committed to this and are sure they want to enter - if you may feel you don't have the time for this, then it may be wise for you to drop out. However, if everyone is good to go, [b']then we are actively seeking for one my forumer to participate[/b]. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please note them down ASAP if so.

If all else fails we can always make the league public once everyone has joined, opening up the spot for anyone. (not the best solution, but if we have no other options...) Obviously we'll see if everyone is committed first. :)

If all else fails we can always make the league public once everyone has joined' date=' opening up the spot for anyone. (not the best solution, but if we have no other options...) Obviously we'll see if everyone is committed first. :)[/quote']

Everyone appears to be committed, got PM's from most - if not all - confirming their interest, with many of them stating they'll be around for the draft, which is great stuff. I'll look into the PM's tonight when I've got a bit more time, and then we can open up the league. :)

Everyone appears to be committed' date=' got PM's from most - if not all - confirming their interest, with many of them stating they'll be around for the draft, which is great stuff. I'll look into the PM's tonight when I've got a bit more time, and then we can open up the league. :)[/quote']

Sounds good, I'll check back later

andyowls - available

ruggermad - available

Moodymark - available

Lenny59 - available

NumberSix - available

Kylan N17 - available

ManUnited4Life - available

jambogenius - ????

Dobby - available

tqhamilton - available?

RickJames - available

AdamG - available

Bibi - available

Arfon - available?

Okay, I've heard back from almost everybody and everybody who did signal their interest reckoned they should be about for the draft that shall take place at 8PM on Sunday evening (4th September). The only people I didn't hear back from were Arfon, who I hope can make it now we've made it earlier on in the evening, and jambogenius. I will attempt to get in touch with him in the next 24 hours, but I think it's safe to open up a 16-man league, with that 16th man being a randomer or friend of anyone here who would be interested (i.e. a non-SMer). I've put a question mark by tqhamilton who is wondering how long the draft may take - any ideas dhulldevsfan? With up to 15 people being about on the night (although I have no doubt a couple may end up with a change of plan), then I would have thought it could be a lengthy process, in excess of two hours maybe?

Once the league has been opened, if we could have the entry code (or similar) to get started, then we can all sign up and prepare for the big day on Sunday!

sorry its taken me so long to reply guys been at the leeds festival this weekend

( awesome btw)

im up for it and have sent andy a pm confirming my interest and availablitiy for sunday at 8 as long as its not a 10 hour marathon :P

Yeah im in Andy but I did post a question about the draft a week or so ago, as im very new to a NFL draft - how does drafting defensive and special teams work? Basically out of the 16 players I draft how many are defenders and spec teams?

Quite baffled to be honest - as you'll see by that post :confused:

sorry its taken me so long to reply guys been at the leeds festival this weekend

( awesome btw)

im up for it and have sent andy a pm confirming my interest and availablitiy for sunday at 8 as long as its not a 10 hour marathon :P

Yeah im in Andy but I did post a question about the draft a week or so ago' date=' as im very new to a NFL draft - how does drafting defensive and special teams work? Basically out of the 16 players I draft how many are defenders and spec teams?

Quite baffled to be honest - as you'll see by that post :confused:[/quote']

I'll answer these posts in more detail tomorrow, but I can't imagine the draft lasting longer than 2-2.5 hours (if that) and I don't think you pick special teams Arfon. You'll pick a entire defensive unit that will score points on the number of turnovers and sacks they accumulate, I think. I'll look into it tomorrow night for a more conclusive answer.

andyowls - available

ruggermad - available

Moodymark - available

Lenny59 - available

NumberSix - available

Kylan N17 - available

ManUnited4Life - available

jambogenius - ????

Dobby - available

tqhamilton - available?

RickJames - available

AdamG - available

Bibi - available

Arfon - available?

Okay' date=' I've heard back from almost everybody and everybody who did signal their interest reckoned they should be about for [b']the draft that shall take place at 8PM on Sunday evening (4th September). [/b]The only people I didn't hear back from were Arfon, who I hope can make it now we've made it earlier on in the evening, and jambogenius. I will attempt to get in touch with him in the next 24 hours, but I think it's safe to open up a 16-man league, with that 16th man being a randomer or friend of anyone here who would be interested (i.e. a non-SMer). I've put a question mark by tqhamilton who is wondering how long the draft may take - any ideas dhulldevsfan? With up to 15 people being about on the night (although I have no doubt a couple may end up with a change of plan), then I would have thought it could be a lengthy process, in excess of two hours maybe?

Once the league has been opened, if we could have the entry code (or similar) to get started, then we can all sign up and prepare for the big day on Sunday!

sounds sweeeeeeeeeeet. Might have to auto select but will still be awesome