dhulldevsfan

SM NFL Fantasy League

Re: SM NFL Fantasy League

I'll answer these posts in more detail tomorrow' date=' but I can't imagine the draft lasting longer than 2-2.5 hours (if that) and I don't think you pick special teams Arfon. You'll pick a entire defensive unit that will score points on the number of turnovers and sacks they accumulate, I think. I'll look into it tomorrow night for a more conclusive answer.[/quote']

Special teams is included with defense, scoring points for things like blocked punts/field goals, punt/kickoff returns and the like. Can't remember if I included that in my post of a very basic fantasy football summary on the official NFL thread.

dhulldevsfans - available

andyowls - available

ruggermad - available

Moodymark - available

Lenny59 - available

NumberSix - available

Kylan N17 - available

ManUnited4Life - available

jambogenius - ????

Dobby - available

tqhamilton - available?

RickJames - available

AdamG - available

Bibi - available

Arfon - available?

Okay' date=' I've heard back from almost everybody and everybody who did signal their interest reckoned they should be about for [b']the draft that shall take place at 8PM on Sunday evening (4th September). [/b]The only people I didn't hear back from were Arfon, who I hope can make it now we've made it earlier on in the evening, and jambogenius. I will attempt to get in touch with him in the next 24 hours, but I think it's safe to open up a 16-man league, with that 16th man being a randomer or friend of anyone here who would be interested (i.e. a non-SMer). I've put a question mark by tqhamilton who is wondering how long the draft may take - any ideas dhulldevsfan? With up to 15 people being about on the night (although I have no doubt a couple may end up with a change of plan), then I would have thought it could be a lengthy process, in excess of two hours maybe?

Once the league has been opened, if we could have the entry code (or similar) to get started, then we can all sign up and prepare for the big day on Sunday!

Alright I'm creating the league now :)

Major problem - Apparently there are too many drafts scheduled for Sunday around 3pm ET (8pm UK), the only windows open are a 12:45pm (5:45pm UK) or 5pm ET (10pm UK). Sorry guys, I guess I should have checked more thoroughly :(. What time works best for everyone?

Major problem - Apparently there are too many drafts scheduled for Sunday around 3pm ET (8pm UK)' date=' the only windows open are a 12:45pm (5:45pm UK) or 5pm ET (10pm UK). Sorry guys, I guess I should have checked more thoroughly :(. What time works best for everyone?[/quote']

Balls.

Well I'd prefer the earlier time, I simply couldn't do it if it were that late.

However, are there not any other sites we could use? They all offer the same thing, surely? I remember once doing one with Yahoo...

Major problem - Apparently there are too many drafts scheduled for Sunday around 3pm ET (8pm UK)' date=' the only windows open are a 12:45pm (5:45pm UK) or 5pm ET (10pm UK). Sorry guys, I guess I should have checked more thoroughly :(. What time works best for everyone?[/quote']
Balls.

Well I'd prefer the earlier time' date=' I simply couldn't do it if it were that late.

However, are there not any other sites we could use? They all offer the same thing, surely? I remember once doing one with Yahoo...[/quote']

Hey guys, try the site I've listed below. It's the one I've been using for a while now for fantasy NFL. I just made a trial league now (deleted it), it allowed for the draft date, time we require.

http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/

Either should be ok for me

Balls.

Well I'd prefer the earlier time' date=' I simply couldn't do it if it were that late.

However, are there not any other sites we could use? They all offer the same thing, surely? I remember once doing one with Yahoo...[/quote']

I can set it for 7:45pm UK on Yahoo or try Kylan's site, which is it?

NFL.com is working' date=' with the correct draft time available, going to create the league after class (which I am late for right now) :D[/quote']

Don't worry, I've just set it up. :)

So, go to nfl.com and join our league that I've called, "SM Fantasy Football". The password is "picksix". The draft is set in stone for Sunday 4th September at 8PM GMT, or 3PM EDT if you've over in the States. Bibi and RickJames, in Jamaica and New Zealand respectively, should be aware of the variations towards their own time-zones. I don't think I'm forgetting anyone else, but give me a shout if you're struggling to convert the time.

I have created my team - the Wednesday Warriors! :D Write down here when you've signed up with your chosen team name and the fun can begin!

Balls, got a nasty feeling that I may have to invite you guys personally. Somebody try searching/joining and let me know. If so, I'll need you guys to send me e-mail addresses (via PM, of course), but that will have to wait until tomorrow - I'm beat! But if someone could just double check that for me and confirm on here, I'd appreciate it. At which point, you guys can just PM an e-mail address and I'll do the rest tomorrow evening.

Don't worry' date=' I've just set it up. :)

So, go to nfl.com and join our league that I've called, "SM Fantasy Football". The password is "picksix". The draft is set in stone for Sunday 4th September at 8PM GMT, or 3PM EDT if you've over in the States. Bibi and RickJames, in Jamaica and New Zealand respectively, should be aware of the variations towards their own time-zones. I don't think I'm forgetting anyone else, but give me a shout if you're struggling to convert the time.

I have created my team - the Wednesday Warriors! :D Write down here when you've signed up with your chosen team name and the fun can begin!

Went to customs and typed in the title of the league......nothing

What am I doing wrong ?

Went to customs and typed in the title of the league......nothing

What am I doing wrong ?

See last post Lenny...

However' date=' I think I have a solution!

Having trouble sending invites with this tool?

Invite friends by emailing the following URL and league information directly to your friends:

Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=624934

League ID: 624934

League Password: picksix

That should do it! Apologies for the confusion! :P

Chitown Bootleggers' date=' created and ready to dominate (let's hope I get a good draft spot :))

Btw thanks for creating the league, andyowls, it looks like you got the settings spot on as well[/quote']

Haha, most of them were just the default settings! But if we all want something changed, I think we can edit the setting before the draft.

Good to see you all getting signed up, will check back tonight. :)

dhulldevsfans - Chitown Bootleggers

andyowls - Wednesday Warriors

ruggermad - ????

Moodymark - ????

Lenny59 - ????

NumberSix - Hot Rats

Kylan N17 - Cockney Mafia

ManUnited4Life - Turriff Co Inter Mafia

jambogenius - ????

Dobby - CND United

tqhamilton - ????

RickJames - ????

AdamG - ????

Bibi - ????

Arfon - ????

Currently got the above guys signed up, am currently in the process of sending out PM's to all those who haven't yet signed up. Will also work on getting that 16th member later tonight - I have a couple of irons in the fire.

dhulldevsfans - Chitown Bootleggers

andyowls - Wednesday Warriors

ruggermad - ????

Moodymark - ????

Lenny59 - ????

NumberSix - Hot Rats

Kylan N17 - Cockney Mafia

ManUnited4Life - Turriff Co Inter Mafia

jambogenius - ????

Dobby - CND United

tqhamilton - ????

RickJames - ????

AdamG - ????

Bibi - ????

Arfon - ????

Currently got the above guys signed up' date=' am currently in the process of sending out PM's to all those who haven't yet signed up. Will also work on getting that 16th member later tonight - I have a couple of irons in the fire.[/quote']

Im in mate.

Evans Almighty ;)